South West Region South West regional discussion board.

Good Junkyards Around Phoenix/Glendale Area

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 05:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 Camaro RS, 1991 Firebird
Engine: None, 3.1l LH0 V6
Transmission: None, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Open, 3.23 Open
Good Junkyards Around Phoenix/Glendale Area

I don't think many people know me on here, but I wanted to share a couple of junkyards that have a decent selection of parts for our cars. For the Camaros, there's a good amount of them at the Ecology Auto Parts on 27th Ave and Lincoln. There's some of the newer 4th-gens there as well, but they have a lot of 3rd-gen Camaros there. As for Firebirds, I've had a lot of good success with Glendale Auto Parts out on 64th Ave. and Orangewood. Its one hell of a bugger getting there if you take Grand Ave, but they have a Trans Am there with the TPI V8, a 1991 V6 Firebird, and another 1991 with the TBI 305. They have those in the back area where they dismantle the cars, so you may want to ask about them if you ever go there. I believe it was the V6 Firebird that was practically brand new, except for when I took the right door cup holder from it.....and the bezel for the gauges. I just thought I'd save somebody the headache of venturing out in the Arizona heat in the hunt for parts.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 305 TBI/305 TPI
Transmission: World Class T5/missing
Axle/Gears: 3.08/G92 3.45 posi
Re: Good Junkyards Around Phoenix/Glendale Area

Originally Posted by AussiePr0nCar
I don't think many people know me on here, but I wanted to share a couple of junkyards that have a decent selection of parts for our cars. For the Camaros, there's a good amount of them at the Ecology Auto Parts on 27th Ave and Lincoln. There's some of the newer 4th-gens there as well, but they have a lot of 3rd-gen Camaros there. As for Firebirds, I've had a lot of good success with Glendale Auto Parts out on 64th Ave. and Orangewood. Its one hell of a bugger getting there if you take Grand Ave, but they have a Trans Am there with the TPI V8, a 1991 V6 Firebird, and another 1991 with the TBI 305. They have those in the back area where they dismantle the cars, so you may want to ask about them if you ever go there. I believe it was the V6 Firebird that was practically brand new, except for when I took the right door cup holder from it.....and the bezel for the gauges. I just thought I'd save somebody the headache of venturing out in the Arizona heat in the hunt for parts.
I wish I saw this earlier. Me and my buddy frequent the pick a part in mesa and very rarely do we go to other yards. We just found one off the 202 and Scottsdale road though that has a 91 firebird that had a 350TPI in it and they pulled it so now it's out of the car and they only want $300 for it. But I might try that one south if there really is a large amount of 3rd gens because the most I have seen in a yard at the same time has been 2. And me and my buddy have usually picked the 3rd gens at the pick a parts clean.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by AmpleUnicorn88
I wish I saw this earlier. Me and my buddy frequent the pick a part in mesa and very rarely do we go to other yards. We just found one off the 202 and Scottsdale road though that has a 91 firebird that had a 350TPI in it and they pulled it so now it's out of the car and they only want $300 for it. But I might try that one south if there really is a large amount of 3rd gens because the most I have seen in a yard at the same time has been 2. And me and my buddy have usually picked the 3rd gens at the pick a parts clean.

I haven't been back in a while, but the ecology junkyards are full of 305s and and whatnot, but they did have some 4th gens with the LT1 as well. I also recall the one out in Glendale having the 350TPI motor.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:32 PM

I haven't been back in a while, but the ecology junkyards are full of 305s and and whatnot, but they did have some 4th gens with the LT1 as well. I also recall the one out in Glendale having the 350TPI motor.
I'm definitely going to be checking it out soon to see for myself. I always read about people finding 3rd gens in junkyards and I just never see them. They aren't super common on the road either so they are somewhere. I may get desperate and go there today because I'm on my 3rd week trying to fix my brakes so I might go there for some stuff.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:58 PM

I'm definitely going to be checking it out soon to see for myself. I always read about people finding 3rd gens in junkyards and I just never see them. They aren't super common on the road either so they are somewhere. I may get desperate and go there today because I'm on my 3rd week trying to fix my brakes so I might go there for some stuff.

Dang. Well, good luck with that!
Old 10-13-2015, 03:56 PM

Went to Ecology yesterday and they have 5 third gen camaros right now. A lot of good parts still there and there is even an intact berlinetta dash and cluster for it which I have never seen in person. There was I think 4 or 5 4th gens too with some good parts that can be used on 3rd gens like 2 of them had complete disc rear ends.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1984 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 2.8L V6
Transmission: Automatic

Dude, you are the BEST! I'm from California but I'm going to school here in Phoenix and I've been having a hard time finding a junkyard with firebirds. You just saved me big time
Old 10-18-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by theking11863
Dude, you are the BEST! I'm from California but I'm going to school here in Phoenix and I've been having a hard time finding a junkyard with firebirds. You just saved me big time
I was literally just at the Ecology junkyard off 27th ave and Van Buren this week and there was no 3rd gen firebirds, but 5 3rd gen camsros, one of which is a berlinetta. There is one junkyard I know of right now in the Phoenix area that has a 3rd gen firebird and it's a 91. They pulled the motor but still have it it's a 350TPI. It was mostly complete last time I saw it. It's literally just north of the 202 off Scottsdale road called pluck a part.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:59 PM

I was more interested in the Glendale place because my 84 has the V6 but Ill check out the pluck a part too
Old 10-18-2015, 08:01 PM

I was more interested in the Glendale place because my 84 has the V6 but Ill check out the pluck a part too
Well let me know whenever you go. I might go this week or on the weekend so if you go before me let me know what they have. I haven't been to any places in Glendale yet, everything has been in Tempe mesa or south/central Phoenix.

Oh and I just realized you are going to the same school I am. I'm also going to GCU. Small world.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:39 PM

Wait seriously?! I've never seen your 3rd gen camaros anywhere near campus.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:52 PM

Wait seriously?! I've never seen your 3rd gen camaros anywhere near campus.
I park in the $5 parking lot at 31st and Missouri. It's the furthest away parking lot. You might have seen it before because 3 weeks ago it was several different colors of primer and looked like crap but I just painted it a few weekends ago. I have class Tuesday/Thursday and I don't spend any extra time there, I leave as soon as I can.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:06 PM

Yea I'm never on that side. I live in prescott and I park in the grove garage to try and save my paint from the sun.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:50 PM

If you want we can go check that out tomorrow after you get out of classes. The only thing i have to do tomorrow is go to work
Old 10-19-2015, 10:35 PM

If you want we can go check that out tomorrow after you get out of classes. The only thing i have to do tomorrow is go to work
I have class from 1-830 tomorrow. Before then, I will be setting up my workbench/messing with the new turn signal lights I got. I did go back to that ecology place today and pulled some stuff. Still no firebirds though.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:27 AM

I have class from 1-830 tomorrow. Before then, I will be setting up my workbench/messing with the new turn signal lights I got. I did go back to that ecology place today and pulled some stuff. Still no firebirds though.
I work at tech support from like 10:30 to 3:30 i think
Old 10-20-2015, 10:06 PM

Went to the Glendale place. Had 2 4th gen Camaros and one 2nd gen Firebird (very far gone and mangled) in the main yard. In the restricted yard they had 3 3rd gen Firebirds but no Camaros. I took a few pics of the firebirds but didn't get any of the Camaros since they were just 4th gens. To get into the restricted yard you just have to ask the front office like Aussie said.

2nd Gen Firebird...Or what's left of it...

Two of the Firebirds, White one is pretty well hidden by the red one. One has a V6 and the other a V8

The third Firebird. Has a V8

And lastly my Firebird, luckily sitting on the outside if the junkyard. Sometimes it is better to be looking from the outside in haha
Old 10-21-2015, 10:06 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

For all of you looking for things in the yards around town, there are a few people in the area that have some extensive parts collections. If you list up what you are looking for in a parts wanted post along with contact information, you might have the same or better luck than going to the yards.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Beater79TA
For all of you looking for things in the yards around town, there are a few people in the area that have some extensive parts collections. If you list up what you are looking for in a parts wanted post along with contact information, you might have the same or better luck than going to the yards.
I haven't looked in a few weeks so I will have to check the for sale section and see. Lately the stuff people have listed on craigslist have been flakes and don't respond or they want insanes amount of money for their stuff. Sometimes I get lucky and get a regular and iroc hood for $20. Sometimes somebody will ask $500 for taillights. The junkyard is almost always cheap.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:49 PM

Not everyone in the area lists stuff on this board or on CL. But they do sometimes notice requests for specific parts in this forum.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:56 PM

Car: 1988 GTA
Engine: LS3
Transmission: T56 Magnum
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 Bolt 3:42

Not everyone in the area lists stuff on this board or on CL. But they do sometimes notice requests for specific parts in this forum.
For the lads that are failing to read between the lines.
Between my husband and several friends both local and across the country we have access to a large amount of stuff that is not normally for sale.
We don't have time for CL ads, and happen to like having extra of stuff, but are willing to part with it to true enthusiasts.
Post up what you're looking for we might have it or know someone who has it that will part with it for a reasonable price.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by DesertFox
Between my husband and several friends both local and across the country we have access to a large amount of stuff that is not normally for sale.
We don't have time for CL ads, and happen to like having extra of stuff, but are willing to part with it to true enthusiasts.
Post up what you're looking for we might have it or know someone who has it that will part with it for a reasonable price.
Well I have a friend that needs a World Class T5. Occasionally they show up at the junkyard but they get snagged pretty quick. Most people who sell them want almost $1000 for them which neither of us would ever be willing to pay.

I'm looking for a dash that has no cracks on it at all. There are a few at the junkyard I can pull for $100 that aren't cracked so I'm looking to spend no more than that.

As most people, I'm looking for a dashpad as well.

Iroc 16" wheels with little to no curb rash. I'd even be willing to trade my Z28 wheels for them but I'd buy them if the price was right.

T5 shifter plate that isn't damaged. I can get a new one for around $125 but would prefer to spend half that if I can find a good used one. Don't care about condition of boot since I will be making my own.

New complete carpet for front and back. I'm getting ready to buy a new kit from 1a but I have been seeing a lot of them pop up around the threads so I'm waiting a little longer to see if somebody locally has one.

Grid taillights. Specifically the driver side one but I'd buy a full set if not willing to separate.

Hatch window louvers, the correct ones not those weird 3 piece ones. Those are always popping up on here so I imagine eventually I will snag one.

Power window and power door lock buttons which I will need within the next month or so when I get around to installing power Windows and door locks. Already have the complete wiring harness.

Center console pad.

Matching key set for doors and trunk hatch. They are only $50-$80 new but if somebody has a new set for cheaper I guess I'd buy it.

There's a bunch of stuff underneath that I need like ball joints and etc, but I'm going to buy all of that new.

There's probably a lot more but that's what I'm after right now. I haven't posted about all of this because if somebody had most or all of that stuff I probably couldn't afford to buy it all at once so I'm just going slow with it. If you or somebody you know has any of this stuff and wants to sell it to me for a price I can't refuse then I'd be motivated to get it earlier.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by DesertFox
I'm pretty much only in the market for a barrel shifter (preferably with a red firebird logo) a black privacy cover set for my hatch so i dont have to use a blanket or windshield cover to cover my stuff and MAYBE an original stereo if I find one for a sweet price. Other than that I'm pretty set unless @ampleunicorn88 has any suggestions for things I need
Old 10-30-2015, 10:40 AM

I'm looking for a dash that has no cracks on it at all. There are a few at the junkyard I can pull for $100 that aren't cracked so I'm looking to spend no more than that.
I actually have a dash shell from a 92. No dashpad or gauges but I believe it isn't cracked.

Iroc 16" wheels with little to no curb rash. I'd even be willing to trade my Z28 wheels for them but I'd buy them if the price was right.
I have a set of chrome 16x8 IROCs that are coming off soon. I might be interested in selling them once I decide on the 17/18 inch replacements that I want to use. Unless you're trying to keep it stock appearing, I'd recommend moving up to at least a 17 inch wheel to get better options in tires.

Power window and power door lock buttons which I will need within the next month or so when I get around to installing power Windows and door locks. Already have the complete wiring harness.
I might have a set of these. I would have to dig through storage to see if I still have them attached to the trim pieces.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:29 AM

I actually have a dash shell from a 92. No dashpad or gauges but I believe it isn't cracked.

I have a set of chrome 16x8 IROCs that are coming off soon. I might be interested in selling them once I decide on the 17/18 inch replacements that I want to use. Unless you're trying to keep it stock appearing, I'd recommend moving up to at least a 17 inch wheel to get better options in tires.

I might have a set of these. I would have to dig through storage to see if I still have them attached to the trim pieces.
The dash might not work. I wanted to switch to the 90-92 dash but I posted a thread on here to see if anybody else has done it and if it's a direct swap. Somebody went the other way and put a dash from an 88 in a 92 and said they had to modify it so I'm guessing it wouldn't work the other way either.

Are the iroc wheels polished aluminium or actual chrome? Because I thought the stock iroc wheels where aluminum. I would want to eventually pay somebody to polish them or do it myself though. But I do like those wheels. I don't really want bigger wheels, at least right now.

Well I'm certainly interested. If you can't find them, no biggie. It's probably around $75 after shipping for new ones anyways. I know 1a auto has the power door lock switches for $30

Also, if you still wanted to meet for those measurements let me know. I will be free Wednesday afternoon or Friday afternoon-the whole weekend right now..
Old 11-04-2015, 02:46 AM

Went to the Glendale place. Had 2 4th gen Camaros and one 2nd gen Firebird (very far gone and mangled) in the main yard. In the restricted yard they had 3 3rd gen Firebirds but no Camaros. I took a few pics of the firebirds but didn't get any of the Camaros since they were just 4th gens. To get into the restricted yard you just have to ask the front office like Aussie said.

2nd Gen Firebird...Or what's left of it...

Two of the Firebirds, White one is pretty well hidden by the red one. One has a V6 and the other a V8

The third Firebird. Has a V8

And lastly my Firebird, luckily sitting on the outside if the junkyard. Sometimes it is better to be looking from the outside in haha

Wow. Those cars look a lot worse than when I took parts off of them. That black Firebird smelled like human slime, which is why I didn't bother taking the mirror adjustment switches.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:19 AM

Car: 1988 GTA
Engine: LS3
Transmission: T56 Magnum
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 Bolt 3:42

The dash might not work. I wanted to switch to the 90-92 dash but I posted a thread on here to see if anybody else has done it and if it's a direct swap. Somebody went the other way and put a dash from an 88 in a 92 and said they had to modify it so I'm guessing it wouldn't work the other way either.

Are the iroc wheels polished aluminium or actual chrome? Because I thought the stock iroc wheels where aluminum. I would want to eventually pay somebody to polish them or do it myself though. But I do like those wheels. I don't really want bigger wheels, at least right now.

Well I'm certainly interested. If you can't find them, no biggie. It's probably around $75 after shipping for new ones anyways. I know 1a auto has the power door lock switches for $30

Also, if you still wanted to meet for those measurements let me know. I will be free Wednesday afternoon or Friday afternoon-the whole weekend right now..
We're at SEMA and staying for OUSCI but Tom will be back the 13th
Old 11-04-2015, 02:24 PM

Wow. Those cars look a lot worse than when I took parts off of them. That black Firebird smelled like human slime, which is why I didn't bother taking the mirror adjustment switches.
It still does. Unfortunately I need to go visit them again and pull some lights that I'm going to throw into my interior
Old 11-05-2015, 01:14 AM

It still does. Unfortunately I need to go visit them again and pull some lights that I'm going to throw into my interior

You may want to take a gas mask or something. That car was absolutely revolting. I went in the summer to that car, and the smell amplified from the heat.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:03 PM

I'm going to try to avoid that bird. The only thing I'm thinking about taking from it is maybe the wheels if they're 16" wheels and they're cheap. My plan is to go and get some of their corner markers and turn them into convenience lights for under my dash if I can't pull any actual convenience lights from those
Old 03-24-2016, 11:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 88 GTA Notchback
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: don't know

My parents are going to be spending a couple days in the phoenix area. Does anyone know of any yards with 3rd gen birds (preferably 88 or 89) in them? thanx
Old 03-24-2016, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Veaceonee
My parents are going to be spending a couple days in the phoenix area. Does anyone know of any yards with 3rd gen birds (preferably 88 or 89) in them? thanx
Ecology is the yard I have found the most third gen camaros in at once, which was 5. Last time went, which was a little under 2 months ago, they had 4 of the same 5 as the times I went before but then got a different one so they still had 5. They are at 27th ave and Van Buren. Immediately next door (south) is another place that has a teal colored 1990 Camaro that some good parts left and I think the whole motor is still there too. Down the street is Phoenix pull-a-part which is on van buren I think and that has 2 last time I went. One is a camaro the other is an 89 firebird. I took the engine from the bird but left the heads in the rear hatch area because they are still good. It was a 305 TBI. Pluck a part basically at the intersection of the 202 and Scottsdale road ( it's off road immediately off the north east exit ramp of Scottsdale road and 202 called Gilbert drive I think). They have a 1991 firebird which was a 350 TPI but they sold the motor, and a 1990 TBI camaro which when I was there 5 or 6 weeks ago I bought the transmission (it was a manual) and they had the engine pulled and still had it. It was red. Previous owner did a decent bit of upgrades to it like an iroc hood and wheels, some engine mods, aftermarket sway bars which were still on the car, and other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting. You can also check out any of the 3 pick a parts in the valley but they generally only have 1 third gen at a time recently, if at all. I discovered another yard a month or 2 back that is not super huge but they have a big building entrance and it has like a convenience store inside it. Weirdest setup ever but the yard is nice and it had 3 third gens 2 camsros and a firebird then. I was actually thinking of going today to grab the engine accessories I need off the front.

Hopefully this helps. What specific parts are you/they looking for? I have a bunch of miscellaneous parts sitting in boxes in my garage I'm trying to get rid of. I also have a torn apart iroc with some useable parts off it like the tpi setup.

Edit: forgot to say there are 2 different ecology yards one is domestic the other is import. The one I told you is the domestic and the right one, but if they Google map it both will come up. Make sure they know it's the one furthest north.
Also, why 88 or 89? A lot of the parts I have came from 88-90 camaros.

Last edited by AmpleUnicorn88; 03-24-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:00 PM

I am looking for both under dash (hush) panels, any beechwood plastics, and pretty much every harness in the car, hence the 88 or 89 firebird. Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:20 PM

I am looking for both under dash (hush) panels, any beechwood plastics, and pretty much every harness in the car, hence the 88 or 89 firebird. Thanks for the reply.
My iroc came with tan interior panels. I have every single one except for I think the kick panels in the front. I was going to paint them black though but if you had black panels to swap I would gladly do that.

I do have ac wiring harness out of I think an 86 or 88 Camaro but I know it's exactly the same as the wiring harness as my buddies 91 rs.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:41 PM

The internet searches suck. No 3rd gen Firebirds anywhere, that is searchable.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:50 AM

The internet searches suck. No 3rd gen Firebirds anywhere, that is searchable.
Yeah even when they do show something, they can be wrong. One of the yards had listed on their site that they had a 1990 iroc so I dropped everything and went to go see. There's never an iroc in the yards, just base models so I was excited to get a bunch of good parts. I found the car and it was a V6 and almost all of it was no good.

Somebody on here recommended ecology so I checked it out and that had a lot of third gens and 4th gens. They are bizarre on their pricing though. They took $10 for the entire power window and door lock wiring harness, but they wanted $55 per tail light which were the grid ones. They don't even go for that much on craigslist.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:40 PM

I have a neighbor (not on this board) that probably has everything you are looking for except the plastics. PM me if you're interested in his phone number.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:35 PM

Car: 87 Iroc z
Engine: L98
Axle/Gears: 3:27

Looking for rear window louvers for an 87 iroc
Old 08-06-2016, 11:36 AM

Bumping this thread as it's very valuable to those in the Phoenix/Tucson area.

I haven't been to a junkyard in 2 or 3 months, so I'm unaware of current inventories. And I'm selling both my 3rd gen camaros (or trying to at least) so I won't be looking for third gen parts in who knows how long. But regardless, hopefully this thread can help people out in the future. Most if not all of these places can be found either on Craigslist or Google search, but most of the places have 1 third gen camaro every few months.