South West Region South West regional discussion board.

WTB camaro RH / Passenger side fender

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axle/Gears: 342
WTB camaro RH / Passenger side fender

Hi everyone,

I'm working on repainting my 1985 Iroc, and my passenger side fender is in bad shape. If you have one your willing to part with let me know. Thanks
-Logan 602 503 1520
Old 01-01-2016, 02:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 305 TBI/305 TPI
Transmission: World Class T5/missing
Axle/Gears: 3.08/G92 3.45 posi
Re: WTB camaro RH / Passenger side fender

I don't know how familiar you are with the Phoenix area, but there is a junkyard called Ecology Auto Parts off 27th Ave and Van buren that has 5 or 6 third gen camaros as of a few days ago. They had the same 4 I saw 2 months back and when I went last weekend, they had gotten rid of one of them and got another one. I think at least one of them has good fenders on it. Can't remember for sure. I will be heading out this weekend looking for both fenders for my 87 Iroc I just got so you might want to hurry before I beat you to it!haha.

I did have a passenger one but I gave it away to some guy I met at a junkyard.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:35 PM

Also, the pick a part in tolleson has one or 2 third gen camaros right now, and I believe the mesa pick a part has an 88 firebird, which I think is the same fenders as the camaros as well. I could be wrong on that though.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:49 PM

I live in far east Mesa and don't want to go all the way to south Phx and them not have a fender. I was going to maybe try some of the Mesa junkyards. If you come across a good fender let me know. Also do you have any pics of the 88, I was thinking about doing stripes.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by 85iroc94transam
I live in far east Mesa and don't want to go all the way to south Phx and them not have a fender. I was going to maybe try some of the Mesa junkyards. If you come across a good fender let me know. Also do you have any pics of the 88, I was thinking about doing stripes.
Well I didn't physically put eyes on it, but the pick a part in mesa, which is at main and extension has an 88 firebird according to their inventory and a person i talked to. The ecology one I have personally seen and there are a few. Maybe I can pick one up for you and meet you somewhere. I will have to get back to you on that one. I would also search craigslist. there are always people in the east mesa/aj area that are parting a camaro or firebird.

Here is the link to the build thread I have on here for the 88 Blue camaro in my signature.
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/memb...eme-rough.html
Old 01-01-2016, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by AmpleUnicorn88
Well I didn't physically put eyes on it, but the pick a part in mesa, which is at main and extension has an 88 firebird according to their inventory and a person i talked to. The ecology one I have personally seen and there are a few. Maybe I can pick one up for you and meet you somewhere. I will have to get back to you on that one. I would also search craigslist. there are always people in the east mesa/aj area that are parting a camaro or firebird.

Here is the link to the build thread I have on here for the 88 Blue camaro in my signature.
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/memb...eme-rough.html
I'm 98% sure the pontiac fenders are different. I was able to get a driver side fender off a guy in AJ through craigslist. I contacted the guy in Tempe parting a 87 iroc, but he seems like a flake. If you do see one at the junk yard text/call me and I will buy if off you for sure.

Good on you on saving the 88, it looks like a nice driver. Unfortunately I have been trying to sell my camaro for a while but every one wants to part it out. So I'm going to make it a decent car so it won't end up in the salvage yard.

I'll make an intro post soon and put a link up with the whole story.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:36 PM

The only thing I can think of that would make the fenders different would be the bottom where the ground effects mount since the firebird didn't come with them. But somebody else might know the answer.

Do you have the link for the guy parting the 87 iroc? I haven't seen that on craigslist so if it's on there I'm interested.

Yeah it was definitely swapped in if it's the G92. But that's good for you. I'd personally rather have the 3.27 ratio for the fuel economy but I'm probably the only person on here that's going to say that.haha

Honestly if the iroc I just got wasn't an iroc, and it was my 88, I wouldn't have even bothered looking at it. If this iroc still had the transmission, and the front bumper and taillights, it would have been way better than my 88 when I got it. So I did put a lot of time and effort into restoring the 88, but it was drivable when I got it and finding a manual third gen is pretty hard to do.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:24 PM

Link to Intro https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/sout...ml#post5992597
Old 01-01-2016, 10:27 PM

Damn that thing is nice! Why do you need a fender again?haha
Old 01-01-2016, 11:11 PM

Damn that thing is nice! Why do you need a fender again?haha
Thanks, Those pics are almost 10 years old good times. That fender has a lot of bondo in it.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:40 PM

Did you ever find a fender? There a ton of third gens either on craigslist or junkyards around Phoenix with fenders. I just found another junkyard today with 2 third gen camaros and the place has a small minimart and food place inside the lobby area. Nicest junkyard I have ever been too. Neither are irocs but the 1990 was a TBI and the 89 was a V6. The 90 was wrecked bad on the passenger side so that fender is no good but the 89 i think was good. The junkyards I listed previously have at least one or 2 with good fenders for sure that I saw with my own eyes.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:17 PM

Did you ever find a fender? There a ton of third gens either on craigslist or junkyards around Phoenix with fenders. I just found another junkyard today with 2 third gen camaros and the place has a small minimart and food place inside the lobby area. Nicest junkyard I have ever been too. Neither are irocs but the 1990 was a TBI and the 89 was a V6. The 90 was wrecked bad on the passenger side so that fender is no good but the 89 i think was good. The junkyards I listed previously have at least one or 2 with good fenders for sure that I saw with my own eyes.
No, I went and looked at one local(same guy that has a black one for 900 in mesa) but it was in poor condition. Texted the guy in Tempe with the Iroc and no luck again. Talked to a guy in phoenix last weekend and he was going to remove the fender and call me to meet up, but never did. I'm stating to think thirdgen owners are flaky.

On a side note if you are going to the pavilions some weekend let me know and I'll head out. I won't be in the camaro unfortunately.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:45 PM

I can get you a fender if you'd like. I'm pulling the heads off an iroc tomorrow that I need for my iroc I just got and replacing the pivot ball on my bell housing on my 88, but I can probably snag one somewhere tomorrow or Sunday for you. Then it's just a matter of meeting somewhere. There are quite a few in the junkyards right now. I might take the fenders off the iroc I'm taking the heads from because I now need both for the iroc, but I know of at least 3 passenger side fenders in junkyards in the valley that are straight.

I work in Fountain Hills and I spend a lot of time just east of it off the beeline on weekends so I can always meet in that area.

As far as a car show, I'm not sure when I'd make it to one. My 88 is an amateur job and I would probably get laughed out of most anyways. The iroc takes up all my time that isn't dedicated to my 88 or school stuff. And occasionally I squeeze in a date night with my girlfriend. If I get to a standstill with the iroc, which I'm sure I will when I take the heads to get worked and waiting for somebody to list a WC T5 for sale again, I might be able to make it there.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:53 PM

I can get you a fender if you'd like. I'm pulling the heads off an iroc tomorrow that I need for my iroc I just got and replacing the pivot ball on my bell housing on my 88, but I can probably snag one somewhere tomorrow or Sunday for you. Then it's just a matter of meeting somewhere. There are quite a few in the junkyards right now. I might take the fenders off the iroc I'm taking the heads from because I now need both for the iroc, but I know of at least 3 passenger side fenders in junkyards in the valley that are straight.

I work in Fountain Hills and I spend a lot of time just east of it off the beeline on weekends so I can always meet in that area.

As far as a car show, I'm not sure when I'd make it to one. My 88 is an amateur job and I would probably get laughed out of most anyways. The iroc takes up all my time that isn't dedicated to my 88 or school stuff. And occasionally I squeeze in a date night with my girlfriend. If I get to a standstill with the iroc, which I'm sure I will when I take the heads to get worked and waiting for somebody to list a WC T5 for sale again, I might be able to make it there.
If you pull a find a good fender shoot me a text. I think they are 40 so I'll meet you and give you 50. Just let me know.

It doesn't matter if the 88 is not perfect you did the work, that more than most people can say.

Is the Iroc tpi?
Old 01-22-2016, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by 85iroc94transam
If you pull a find a good fender shoot me a text. I think they are 40 so I'll meet you and give you 50. Just let me know.

It doesn't matter if the 88 is not perfect you did the work, that more than most people can say.

Is the Iroc tpi?
I paid $25 for both the fenders on my 88 and they didn't have any dents.
The guy I'm pulling the heads from the motor wants $25 for each fender. I think junkyards are 20-30 ish but not $40. 40 is kind of high for third gen fenders in my opinion.

Yeah I will miss the 88 when it's gone, but the iroc has everything I would eventually swap to anyways, and it will be an iroc.

It is indeed a tpi. It is a 305TPI. I am sticking with a 305 TPI. I got a new lower block already but it's a 96+ vortec 305. I am not sure motor wise where I will end up down the road so I wanted to stick with the 305 for now until I decide if I'm going to do a 350 or go LS eventually or maybe get super crazy and go diesel.haha
Old 01-23-2016, 08:58 AM

I paid $25 for both the fenders on my 88 and they didn't have any dents.
The guy I'm pulling the heads from the motor wants $25 for each fender. I think junkyards are 20-30 ish but not $40. 40 is kind of high for third gen fenders in my opinion.

Yeah I will miss the 88 when it's gone, but the iroc has everything I would eventually swap to anyways, and it will be an iroc.

It is indeed a tpi. It is a 305TPI. I am sticking with a 305 TPI. I got a new lower block already but it's a 96+ vortec 305. I am not sure motor wise where I will end up down the road so I wanted to stick with the 305 for now until I decide if I'm going to do a 350 or go LS eventually or maybe get super crazy and go diesel.haha
I thought I saw on their website that fenders where 40. I'm getting less picky as I need that fender to move forward.

The Iroc vs a z28 or rs really is decals and suspension.

As far as the TPI, you never see real good power except for boost. But the're not easy to tune. LT1 are better and you can tune them easier for 94/95 but there is no one in the valley to tune them. LS are great but they would cost a bit and fabrication. The 350 with carb is the easy way out but not the best either.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:09 PM

I was refering to options like power options. This iroc has power everything, which I was eventually going to convert the 88 to having. In fact, I have the entire wiring harness for power door locks and windows, as well as regulators and motors ready to put in. I was actually looking online for a dash because the dash in the 88 does have a crack in it and although it's not super terrible, I figured while I have it off to do the wiring for the door locks and windows, I would replace the dash. When I was doing that, I found the iroc I now own. So I changed gears and now i'm done with the 88 more or less. Still have to finish up some things before I sell it so the next owner doesn't have to, but I will include all the stuff to convert it for the next owner, unless they don't want it for some reason. Also, my iroc has the G92 3.45 rear end which I like. Still not 100% positive I will get the iroc up and running, and worst case scenario I decide it's not worth the money/trouble if I run into a problem, then pull whatever I need and either scrap it or sell what I don't want, and put it on my 88.

I got super busy this last weekend so I wasn't able to pull a fender. I had to drop the transmission on my 88 to finally fix the issue i had, and replaced the pivot ball in the bell housing and the throwout bearing, and it's shifting better than it ever has and the noise is gone too. That took half of saturday and then after that I just went to dinner and called it a night. Sunday I went to west phoenix to pull the heads off an iroc that I was told was a 305 but when I got there the vin read it as a 350 and I pulled a valve cover and it had 350 heads as well. So that was a waste of time. I am busy all week with school work but hopefully I finish everything up by this weekend, because then I will have more free time for awhile. I also will probably be buying parts for the iroc and maybe even going around the valley to junkyards and whatnot so I may be able to get it then.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:41 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

If you still haven't found a fender, I believe I have one from a 92 sitting in storage that I'll sell cheap. You just have to come to Peoria to pick it up.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:27 AM

I was refering to options like power options. This iroc has power everything, which I was eventually going to convert the 88 to having. In fact, I have the entire wiring harness for power door locks and windows, as well as regulators and motors ready to put in. I was actually looking online for a dash because the dash in the 88 does have a crack in it and although it's not super terrible, I figured while I have it off to do the wiring for the door locks and windows, I would replace the dash. When I was doing that, I found the iroc I now own. So I changed gears and now i'm done with the 88 more or less. Still have to finish up some things before I sell it so the next owner doesn't have to, but I will include all the stuff to convert it for the next owner, unless they don't want it for some reason. Also, my iroc has the G92 3.45 rear end which I like. Still not 100% positive I will get the iroc up and running, and worst case scenario I decide it's not worth the money/trouble if I run into a problem, then pull whatever I need and either scrap it or sell what I don't want, and put it on my 88.

I got super busy this last weekend so I wasn't able to pull a fender. I had to drop the transmission on my 88 to finally fix the issue i had, and replaced the pivot ball in the bell housing and the throwout bearing, and it's shifting better than it ever has and the noise is gone too. That took half of saturday and then after that I just went to dinner and called it a night. Sunday I went to west phoenix to pull the heads off an iroc that I was told was a 305 but when I got there the vin read it as a 350 and I pulled a valve cover and it had 350 heads as well. So that was a waste of time. I am busy all week with school work but hopefully I finish everything up by this weekend, because then I will have more free time for awhile. I also will probably be buying parts for the iroc and maybe even going around the valley to junkyards and whatnot so I may be able to get it then.
I started working on the fender I have. I'll see if i can make it work so hold off on the fender for now. Thanks
Old 01-30-2016, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Beater79TA
If you still haven't found a fender, I believe I have one from a 92 sitting in storage that I'll sell cheap. You just have to come to Peoria to pick it up.
Thank, I started body work on the fender I have. If i give up I'll let you know.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:31 AM

Sounds good, hopefully it works out. I still need both front fenders so I will be on the prowl for some soon. Have to replace the radiator on my Hyundai and the heater core started leaking yesterday on my 88 Camaro so now I have that to deal with this weekend. If it isn't one thing, it's 2. Or something like that.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:24 AM

Sounds good, hopefully it works out. I still need both front fenders so I will be on the prowl for some soon. Have to replace the radiator on my Hyundai and the heater core started leaking yesterday on my 88 Camaro so now I have that to deal with this weekend. If it isn't one thing, it's 2. Or something like that.
I took out the heater system on my 85. I think the heater core is good. If you want I can pressure test with a hose. It's yours if you want.