South West Region South West regional discussion board.

87 Iroc parting out Phoenix (most parts are performance/upgrade stuff)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 11:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 305 TBI/305 TPI
Transmission: World Class T5/missing
Axle/Gears: 3.08/G92 3.45 posi
87 Iroc parting out Phoenix (most parts are performance/upgrade stuff)

I have decided to no longer pursue restoring the 87 Iroc I bought a few months back. I just am not as interested in it now as I was at first. I have collected basically everything that's needed to get this car running more or less. Some performance, some stock. I will start out saying I will sell everything I have for it together for $2000 firm. That's non negotiable as I would like to get rid of all of it to make room for all my other vehicles. It's currently sitting on jackstands in my backyard as the rear end is removes so I could clean it up and put it back in, and I had to partially remove the front control arms so that I could remove the motor mounts and clean the subframe. I will try to list everything I have but I'm sure I will something. I would prefer to deal locally as shipping stuff will most likely be too expensive, and I won't reduce my price to ship. I will consider shipping if I don't have to reduce my price. This is mainly why I'm posting it in the regional board instead of in the parts for sale section.

1987 Iroc ttops 305 TPI manual power everything G92 posi 3.45 gears. This is how the vehicle came equipped from factory and was when I bought it, except it was missing the transmission.

Things for sale:

UPDATE: intake setup and rear end sold. Guy said he is coming back for the exhaust and gas tank in a week so that may be gone soon too.

*305 Vortec with unknown miles. Was pulled from an 89 firebird that was wrecked on the side. The cylinder walls looked pretty good when I pulled it so I felt comfortable using it as the block for my build. I removed the harmonic balancer to replace the cam and timing set but didn't actually replace that stuff. Just took the balancer off. Also doesn't have the heads. (Heads are still at machine shop getting worked on, will sell separately). $300 obo

*305 TPI heads. They were rebuilt when I got them, but I took them to a shop where they are putting in 194 intake valves and then double checking the exhaust valves to make sure they are good. Porting the intake ports to match the intake setup I have. And then decking the surfaces if they need it. Once I get them back, I will have about $1000 in them. I'd at least like to get some of my money back on them so I'd like $600 obo for them. Will come with new head gaskets. Never got them back from shop.

*WC T5 from a 1990 305 TBI camaro with low miles. Was in a slight wreck in the front. Owner took really good care of the car before the wreck. I think it had 90,000 original miles on the car. These sell for a lot locally on craigslist(sold my other one last month for full asking price in less than 48 hours) $700 SOLD

*intake setup: SOLD 4/26

*Hooker 2055 shorty headers and y pipe set. Ordered the non-ceramic coated ones so that I could cut the air tubes off and then weld the holes closed and get them ceramic coated, which is exactly what I did. So the headers are ceramic coated, but the y pipe is not. $500

*Elgin 1136 camshaft. Unused still in box. $200obo SOLD

*Edelbrock timing gear and chain set. Brand new still in box. $50 SOLD

*Brand new still in box harmonic balancer. $40 SOLD

*Summit blue plug wires, 90° boot ends for headers. $20

*Brand new gas tank that I painted Hyper Blue Metallic from a 2016 Camaro. It isn't perfect I just wanted it to be somewhat blue. $50

*Brand new oil pan that I also painted Hyper Blue Metallic. Comes with Fel-Pro gasket. $40 SOLD

*G92 working posi 3.45 gears. SOLD 4/26

*Lakewood rear lower control arms still in box. $100

*ARP head stud set. Brand new still in box. $50 SOLD

*Dual fan setup. This was one of the few things that was in excellent shape when I bought the car. Probably should replace the motors on it though. $75

*Doors, ttops, rear hatch, and door and rear ground effects (drive side has a hole in it)

I'm sure there is more that I'm forgetting. I painted the engine bay that Hyper Blue Metallic from a 2016 Camaro because that's the color I was going with in the car. It looks awesome. I don't quite know yet if I can sell the body because the guy I bought it from had the title notarized before selling it to me, then I signed it. So the title isn't in my name even though I signed the portion as the buyer. So I think to legally sell it I would have to get it titled in my name which according to what I was told by a title agency, I have to either pass emissions and then get it register at the same time as 're titling it in my name (which obviously isn't happening), or tow it to a title agency and have it inspected so they can see that it's not driveable so they will issue me a deinsure certificate and then I can get the new title in my name. There is a title agency about a mile from my house but I didn't have any vehicle to tow it until now but the fear end is out of the car so that's not happening. If you are interested in the body and know another way, let me know and I will sell it to you. The fenders are no good, missing the front bumper and hood, and the driver rear quarter panel has a ton of bondo on it (though I'm sure it didn't need that much).

Here are the pictures I have:

I just literally took all of these pictures except the one with the transmission on the engine hoist with the engine, that one was about 2 months ago when I got it. It's wrapped up right now.

I will be negotiable on some of this stuff but not all of it. The prices I listed on everything here if it's new stuff, is less than it costs to buy yourself. Everything that's brand new hasn't been used yet and in great condition. I realize I'm going to take a huge hit on this stuff and don't expect to get all of my money back which is why I offered to sell everything for $2000 just so I can be done with it at once. Otherwise, individual pricing applies. I have spent about $6,000 so far on everything and I'm just not motivated to finish it anymore. I bought a truck that I will need to put some work into, and I am more excited about having a truck than this iroc so I figured I'd sell it before it has a chance to sit for years and decay even more. I'm giving third gen first crack st this stuff as just by you people joining this forum shows you care more about these cars than the average person does. I will be posting the ad on craigslist in a week or 2, when I finish this semester at school and have time for my phone to be blowing up from craigslist flakes every 5 seconds. You can either PM or post on here and I will see it. I get notifications on my phone when somebody responds so I should see it pretty quickly.

Last edited by AmpleUnicorn88; 08-08-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:33 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: 87 Iroc parting out Phoenix (most parts are performance/upgrade stuff)

Sorry to see you throwing in the towel but I can also understand losing interest in a project. Good luck with the sale.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by LC2 TECH
Sorry to see you throwing in the towel but I can also understand losing interest in a project. Good luck with the sale.
Thanks. I do appreciate the trade even though I won't end up using the stuff, and I even had the stuff polished. But, I just get more and more unmotivated to finish the car. I'm a truck guy, and not having one has been torture for me. Now that I have a truck, my focus will shift more to that. I might buy a decent condition third gen to use as my daily though. We will see.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axle/Gears: 342

Cool project, dont sell.

If you really want to get rid of it, finish it and than sell.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: '92 RS
Engine: 5.0TBI
Transmission: TKX
Axle/Gears: 2.73

I could use the rear control arms if you are willing to ship them.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:16 PM
jmd
Supreme Member

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts
Car: `86 SS / `87 SS
Engine: L69 w/ TPI on top / 305 4bbl
Transmission: `95 T56 \ `88 200-4R

What trucks are you into?
Old 04-27-2016, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by clubber
I could use the rear control arms if you are willing to ship them.
I don't know why I didn't see this until now. I can find out shipping if you're still interested. I think these cost $125 new from summit maybe slightly more so I'm sure with me asking $100 plus shipping it will not be a whole lot more to buy it yourself. But I can still check if you want.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by jmd
What trucks are you into?
My favorite is probably the 2nd gen dodge rams 1994-2002. I just bought one a few weeks back. I had a 2001 last year with a cummins that I sold to fund my restoration on my 88 and buy another commuter car. That truck was hands down the best vehicle I have owned to date. I will eventually get another one. I one I just bought is the same body style but gas instead of diesel.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:21 PM

All of a sudden I have an influx of people messaging me about these parts. Most have been interested in the 2 things that I have sold which are the rear end and the intake setup. I did update my ad this morning but I still have 6 people asking about the intake setup today. I do not have any of it left unfortunately.

Everything else is still for sale. Price is firm on everything if you want me to ship which means you pay the price I'm asking plus shipping. Non-negotiable. For local buyers, I'm flexible on some stuff. Some of the stuff I already have listed really low so that I can get rid of it faster. Ad is already up on craigslist locally. Only trades I will take would be maybe some 2A items, 315/75R/16 tires preferably bfg mud terrains or all terrains with at least 50% tread left (for my truck), tools (must be made in USA tools), tool boxes (must have ball bearing drawers).
Old 05-12-2016, 12:02 AM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s

Do you have the stock steering wheel? The three spoke design.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:20 PM

Car: 87 Iroc z
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3:27

What's left of the interior & is any of it good? Assuming no chin spoiler?
Old 06-07-2016, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by bigred16
What's left of the interior & is any of it good? Assuming no chin spoiler?
I removed the interior paneling immediately after getting the car and saw no damage. It is that beige/tan color. Seats are trashed but they are the 87 iroc design. Headliner sucks. Overhead console looks OK but still installed. Dash pad is shot.dash I think has one small crack.gauge cluster isn't broken but I don't K of if it still works or not disagreeing it sat for many years and I never got it drive able. Carpet is no good either.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:43 AM

Update: anybody who is willing to come tow this to the title place about a mile and a half from my house to have the title redone so I can sign it over, can have this for free. Everything I have for it inside the car goes with it. Read above to see what's gone, but basically just the body and interior are left. I painted the engine bay so that is the nicest part of the car. I will be moving eventually and would rather get something lined up sooner than later to get it gone. I want to see it go to a good home rather than scrapped but the tow company I work by will take it they said and I will give it to them when I'm getting ready to move in 4-5 months. If any out of staters come, I will try to be flexible with you as you would be doing me a favor. I sold the rear end so it might be a challenge to get it onto a trailer or tow truck which is why I'm giving it away for free. You show up to tow it, its yours. Title is clean, it will just have to be reissued in my name so I can sign it over to the next owner. I'm not very active on here anymore but it should still send me an email when somebody comments on here or sends me a Private message. I hope one of you on here is looking for something like this because I really did intend on finishing it. Life sometimes plans otherwise.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:44 AM

The exhaust parts and engine are not going with. I am selling those separately. $450 for the headers and y pipe and $150 for the engine with 2 sets of lifters and new motor mounts and rear main seal still in box.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: '92 RS
Engine: 5.0TBI
Transmission: TKX
Axle/Gears: 2.73

Do you want to sell the whole 5 speed with most conversion parts to convert from auto?
Old 08-08-2016, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by clubber
Do you want to sell the whole 5 speed with most conversion parts to convert from auto?
My apologies, I thought I had updated this ad awhile ago with what I sold. Transmission is sold. Most of the good stuff is sold except the headers and y pipe which is strange nobody has wanted them.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:55 PM

Update: Somebody just picked up what was left of the car. I had a few people in the last 2 weeks start taking parts off it and just had a guy come pick up what was left of the car. Basically just the shell. So all of that is gone now. I do however still have the headers with y pipe, 305 engine block without heads or harmonic balancer, Lakewood rear lower control arms, and a brand new gas tank that's been painted blue. I don't want to ship any of this stuff but if the price is right, I will.

As a reminder, the headers are Hooker 2055 with matching y pipe. I ordered the non ceramic coated ones. They normally come with airtubes to attach to factory smog stuff. I cut them off and welded the holes closed, then had them ceramic coated and polished to a chrome like finish. To duplicate this again, it would be about $800. I paid exactly $500 for the headers and y pipe and then the work out into them was about $300. I only state this because I have had people tell me they can buy brand new Hooker headers without airtubes ceramic coated for less than $500. So I asked them all where they get them from they have no answer. I'm asking $500 obo right now.if I have to ship it I'm not very flexible.

Lakewood rear lower control arms were $125 new and I'm asking $75. Still new and haven't used and still in the box, but I opened it.

The gas tank was around $120 and I painted it the 2016 camaro hyper blue metallic color. I'm asking $75 obo for it as well.

The 305 engine block $75.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 91
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: 700

still have anything?
Old 05-11-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bk2life
still have anything?
PM me with what you're looking for. I have a stash of parts and contact info for a non-member who also has a stash of parts. Neither of us advertise the parts for sale on here though.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:38 AM

still have anything?
i got rid of the car. But I do still have a brand new gas tank I painted and I have a box full of parts, mostly ac stuff. I have all brand new AC components on my 88 right jow that I'm probably going to remove and sell. I converted it to AC and I'm probably going to convert back to non ac5
Old 05-11-2017, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by AmpleUnicorn88
i got rid of the car. But I do still have a brand new gas tank I painted and I have a box full of parts, mostly ac stuff. I have all brand new AC components on my 88 right jow that I'm probably going to remove and sell. I converted it to AC and I'm probably going to convert back to non ac5
brand new ac parts, R12 or 134 parts? I would like to upgrade my condenser to the 134 as its a bit more efficient--same for the evap car
Old 05-11-2017, 01:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1992 Z28 1991 RS
Engine: LB9 LO3
Transmission: 5 speeds

Do you still have the headers?
Old 05-11-2017, 07:29 PM

brand new ac parts, R12 or 134 parts? I would like to upgrade my condenser to the 134 as its a bit more efficient--same for the evap car
everything that is new is still currently installed in my 88 camaro. I'm probably going to pull it and it was all brand new about a year ago. I charged it and it blew cold but it leaked out slowly because I put the washers on the back of the compressor back on wrong. It started to get cool out then so I didnt bother fixing it and have just left it.

I have a brand new gas tank painted Hyper Blue metallic from the 2016 camaro. I would sell that for $25 as it's been sitting now for about 6 months.

I have a 305 block on my engine hoist missing heads that I would just give away for free. It is no good but will probably be good to rebuild.

I have a box full of spare ac ducting from when I was doing the conversion on my 88.

I have a brand new weatherstripping kit unopened I bought about a year and a half ago. It is all the weatherstripping except the windshield, and the felt door ones. Otherwise the 3 boxes total all the other weatherstripping on the car.

I also have most of the interior panels from the 87 Iroc. They are that tan/beige color. I'd take $25 on all of the ones I have as well.

Everything else make me an offer.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:02 AM

everything that is new is still currently installed in my 88 camaro. I'm probably going to pull it and it was all brand new about a year ago. I charged it and it blew cold but it leaked out slowly because I put the washers on the back of the compressor back on wrong. It started to get cool out then so I didnt bother fixing it and have just left it. .
was it R12 parts or R134 parts? If its R12, they are no use to me

I have a brand new gas tank painted Hyper Blue metallic from the 2016 camaro. I would sell that for $25 as it's been sitting now for about 6 months. .
does this interchange with a 3rd gen?

I have a 305 block on my engine hoist missing heads that I would just give away for free. It is no good but will probably be good to rebuild. .
not worth anything to me either

I have a box full of spare ac ducting from when I was doing the conversion on my 88. .
I don’t need

I have a brand new weatherstripping kit unopened I bought about a year and a half ago. It is all the weatherstripping except the windshield, and the felt door ones. Otherwise the 3 boxes total all the other weatherstripping on the car. .
hard top or t-top car? And what is your asking price? Mines a 1991, but should be the same rubbers if it’s a hard top like mine. Any part numbers to verify?

I also have most of the interior panels from the 87 Iroc. They are that tan/beige color. I'd take $25 on all of the ones I have as well. .
id be interested in the kick panels only, due to wanting to make them into speaker pods and not wanting to cut my originals.

Are you free this weekend?

Old 05-12-2017, 12:03 PM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s

If the tank really is new and hasn't rusted I may pick it up next time I am in Phoenix.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:06 AM

was it R12 parts or R134 parts? If its R12, they are no use to me

does this interchange with a 3rd gen?

not worth anything to me either

I don’t need

hard top or t-top car? And what is your asking price? Mines a 1991, but should be the same rubbers if it’s a hard top like mine. Any part numbers to verify?

id be interested in the kick panels only, due to wanting to make them into speaker pods and not wanting to cut my originals.

Are you free this weekend?

the weatherstripping kit was for my 88 which is a hardtop. I still need all new weatherstripping but the amount of time it will be before I'm ready to use it will still be awhile so I figured I'd not hold onto it. I don't have a part number but it's the piece for the trunk, and the 2 different ones for the doors. Not the felt window strips that go inside the door though and no windshield.

The gas tank is for a 3rd gen camaro, I just painted it a color from a 2016 camaro as it was what I was going to paint the Iroc before I got rid of it. I was looking for something yesterday and I didnt see the tank anymore so I might have actually gotten rid of that.

All the AC stuff is R134. I have no idea how to even get R12 anyways. Compressor, Evaporator, Condensor, Hard/Soft line, Dryer, and Orficie tube were all brand new a year and a half ago. The evap box and the other small hard line were the only 2 used parts I used as those aren't made aftermarket. My car didnt come with ac from factory so I converted it and wanted all of it to be new. I got it all hooked up and working, blowing cold, but there is a thicker and smaller washer on the back of the compressor, and I put them on wrong, so it all leaked out without me running the compressor. So they should all still be perfectly fine. It is however all still installed in my car. The previous owner was messing around behind the dash and removed some of the ducting so the air was just dumping out the passenger floor so I never had it where I wanted. And by the time I finished the conversion, summer was over and I didnt care as much anymore.

I can't remember if I had the kick panels or not for the Iroc. I know I have both sides of the trunk area, that small strip that goes across the roof from left to right and then the pillars behind the front seats. I don't have the door panels or the kick panels if I remember correctly.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:29 AM

Do you still have the 700r4 transmission and if so what would you like to get for it ? I am restoring a 68 Z28 and would love to have the 700r4 to go in it instead of the 350 turbo that I have currently. I am in Nashville TN 37013 for shipping info . Please let me know if you want to sell it to me . Thank you for your help with this matter.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:41 AM

I have enclosed some pictures of the Z28 that I am working on so that you can see what I am working with.At least I think that I have added the pictures. I really hope that you can help me out with the transmission. Thanks again.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:47 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

If you're in Nashville, it will likely be much less expensive to find a 700R4 or 4L60 in Nashville. Shipping alone will be over $100 from Phoenix to Nashville.