Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

Wanting OEM factory springs but dont know which to get

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanting OEM factory springs but dont know which to get

Hi all, I just bought a 1991 Camaro Z28 with the 350 L98 motor. All original, 155,000miles and its a hardtop car.

I'm getting ready to do the brakes all around, and going to be doing the shocks and struts but thought since this thing is 26yrs old those old springs have to be bad and lost their spring strength.

So ive been doing a lot of research and I keep seeing Moog springs going back and forth on which ones are a STOCK spring and not going to raise the height of the vehicle. I don't want the cargo springs or anything I just want the stock ones.

I found some GM rear springs part # 10305134 for the rear but GM has discontinued the front ones. The rear springs that come up with that part number I listed above cross with a 2002 trans am and some other 4th gen cars.

Hopefully one of you guys can help me with which part numbers to buy. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,662 Likes on 1,261 Posts
Car: Yes
Engine: Usually
Transmission: Sometimes
Axle/Gears: Behind me somewhere
Re: Wanting OEM factory springs but dont know which to get

The "cargo" springs ARE stock... LOOK at the ones you have, you'll see they're variable rate. Correct replacement is therefore variable rate. Which is what the "cargo" springs are.

4th gen springs are generally MUCH softer than any of the ones that came in our cars. You can try em but I suspect they'll turn your car into being like a luxo barge instead of a "sporty" car.

The ones the Moog book lists for your car are about as good as it gets.