Suspension and Chassis Questions about your suspension? Need chassis advice?

Panhard and LCA for speed

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panhard and LCA for speed

I'm in the process of building a car for BBORR. This is a high speed road race and a little different than average autocross. I'm to the point where I am looking for panhard and LCA's for the car, and have it narrowed down to UMI. The setups I am looking at are the Double adjustable with roto-joints, Double adj with spherical joints, and a single adjustable.

It's my understanding that at speed you obviously want as little disruption to the suspension as possible. That is my primary consideration in my part selection. With that said, the bushing setup is the only reason I am looking at the single adjustable. It seems like the roto- joint is the best of both worlds and the spherical maybe a little to hard and cause a bit to much disruption at speed. I've never used any of these parts so any advice or comments would be great!
Old 07-18-2016, 10:41 AM
Banned

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Panhard and LCA for speed

Thanks for considering UMI.

We have three bushing styles - poly, Roto-Joint and rod end. Poly is the softest (yet still more firm than rubber), the Delrin 150 in the Roto-Joints are medium deflection and the rod end is zero deflection.

We have a few land speed cars that run our products and they seem to have different theories on how much rigidity to put back there. Stability in yaw is most likely an aero thing and PHB deflection is probably a few notches down on importance as opposed to proper alignment, balanced aero etc.

My non-scientific answer is I'd trust our stuff in pretty much any configuration and my engineering intuition says poly on one end and rod end on the other so there is at least a bit of cushioning.

ramey
Old 07-18-2016, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Panhard and LCA for speed

Thanks for the reply! I was leaning that way but wanted to be certain. You know your dealing with a stand up company when they recommend the cheaper part because its best for your application!