TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

No Start Low Rough Idle wont rev past 2500Ish

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Start Low Rough Idle wont rev past 2500Ish

This car is a 91 rs 305/700r with 97k miles

Bought it about a month ago. Ran strong but always took a few extra cranks to start....no cel and ran strong . It did cut out on me once or twice after mashing the gas from a stop.
A couple days ago the car died at 30+ mph .
I threw it in neutral and it restarted....repeated this about 5 times over a couple miles. It always restarted but took a few trys.

In an attlempt to fix I replaced the ICM and Coil

I have a new fuel filter just need to put it on.

I can hear the pump prime.

My cooling fan turns on with the key even when its cold. I did a restistance chack on ky temp sensor (when cold) and it read an open...I'm using a cheapo dvm .

I unplugged the temo sensor and the problem didn't change...I also tried unplugging the maf but that didn't help either.

I'm thinking fuel filter, fuel pump or the pick up coil in the distributer. Both my injectors read 1.5 ohms . No vacuum leaks all my soark plug cables are good . New icm and coil andnew fpr

When I try to start it it will crank like hell but won't start until after about 5 good cranks....like its not getting fuel. The butterfly s in the tbi are wet with gas and I can smell raw gas under the hood....
Ideas?

How can I pull codes on this car?