TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

Won't Start?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 11:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 91 RS convertible
Engine: 330 hp vortec 350. TBI
Transmission: 5 Speed
Axle/Gears: 3.73 Moiser 12 bolt/Wilwood disc's
Won't Start?

Ever since parking the car for the winter it has had proiblems running and now it wont start.
These are the systoms and what I have done.
Started just changing the plugs when this all erupted. After I cahnged them it ran but it seemed to be running ritch. Then it won't run worth a **** and I had to hold the peddle to the floor to start it and milk it till it caught and ran but not well. So eventually it would not even start
2. changed the plugs again this time I found a burnt wire and changed it andf also changed the Map SENSOR. only ran for awhile
3. Now it won't even start. Checked the cap and rotor and they are fine. Has the Monulator chack and it checks out fine. Don't know how to check the pick up as this is a MSD distributer (POS). There is a spark but it looks week. I just bought a new dist. cause buying just the PU and Mod. for the MSD is the same priced as a hole new one at the parts store. I don't want to put it in if I don't have to. But the plugs are fuel soked and not fireing rite.
I really need help on this and you all have always come through.
Greg