TBI Throttle Body Injection discussion and questions. L03/CFI tech and other performance enhancements.

Help!!!

Old 08-13-2015, 04:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!!

I have an 84 z28, with a 305 tbi. The other day I changed the spark plugs, wire set, dist. cap, and pickup coil. The following day it was running fine until it stalled when I came to a stop. It would turn on but die right away unless I gave it gas. I sat for about 5 Minutes and tried again, and it started. So I turned back around and left it at home. Now it'll start but I have to give it has until it stays running. After about 5 minutes of idling it'll start to shake and die. Any clue what it can be?? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!
Old 03-23-2016, 05:00 AM

Re: Help!!!

Originally Posted by apo_bailon15
I have an 84 z28, with a 305 tbi. The other day I changed the spark plugs, wire set, dist. cap, and pickup coil. The following day it was running fine until it stalled when I came to a stop. It would turn on but die right away unless I gave it gas. I sat for about 5 Minutes and tried again, and it started. So I turned back around and left it at home. Now it'll start but I have to give it has until it stays running. After about 5 minutes of idling it'll start to shake and die. Any clue what it can be?? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!
Ignition module inside distributor
Old 03-23-2016, 09:54 PM
Supreme Member

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts

There are so many possibilities as to boggle the mind.

Vacuum leak
Defective plug wire(s)
Mis-routed plug wires
Defective spark plug(s)
Faulty pickup coil
Faulty IAC
Faulty fuel pump, or low voltage to pump
Faulty ECM
Low battery voltage

The list goes on.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:12 AM

Car: '92 Angrybird
Engine: 305 TBI the "Leaky Bastard"
Transmission: 700R4 with B&M shifter
Axle/Gears: 3.21 Posi off of '93 Camaro(RIP)

Originally Posted by Chevydude1990
Ignition module inside distributor
Same thing happened to my kid a while ago after we replaced distributor cap and runner. Off the shelf stuff is not very reliable.
Old 03-28-2016, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by apo_bailon15
I had the same before a few years. Change the ignition module in the distributor. Use thermal compound.

Search this Thread