Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Theoretical and Street Racing Rules: Use the "Report Post" feature!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 01:45 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 2007 Saturn Sky Redline
Engine: 2.0 turbo
Transmission: m5
Axle/Gears: 3.91 LSD
Theoretical and Street Racing Rules

This forum is for the discussion of Street Racing of Third Generation F-Bodies and the Theoretical match up between a Thirdgen F-Body and another car ON THE STREET. This means that you may post about :

- I won a race against this other car!
- I lost a race against another car!
- If I were to race (this car) would I win with my (F-Body) which has (these mods)
- Look at this picture/video of this Thirdgen (F-Body) racing against this other car!

You may NOT post about :

- "Look at this RlCER'S car!"
- "I revved at this guy in the parking lot and he wouldn't race!"
- "LOL I ran this guy's car off the road!"
- If I did (these mods) what would I run in the 1/4? (go to This Board for that)
- Why is my car not running? (General Tech or other tech boards)
- My (anything non-thirdgen related, INCLUDING OTHER GENERATIONS OF F-BODIES) beat this car!
- I have XYZ for sale! (We have a classifieds section, use them)
- "(Mustangs, Imports, etc) SUCK!"
- Technical questions
- Post whoring.
- Anything off-topic

This also means that you do not post an off-topic message and then simply tack "Oh, and to make this post on-topic, would I win?" at the end of the message. Anyone who posts off-topic messages and clearly knows better will be placed on probation.

Furthermore, flame wars are going to be cracked down upon heavily. We are not advocating that you not voice your opinion about another car's performance, however, there is a difference between saying "That four cylinder car obviously modded enough to keep up." and "Taht r1c3r sp3nt so much 2 keep up! EYE culd hav bilt a 3 s3c0nd kar 4 dat c45h!" If you feel that the second method of voicing your opinion is valid, please learn some tact. Your parents might not have taught you any manners, but you sure had better learn them if you want to continue to be a member of this message board. If you absolutely can not respond with polite negative criticism, then simply do not reply at all.

Also, please do not reply to a post if you are not contributing anything of worth to the thread. If a person is wanting feedback on a race they participated in, then feel free to reply (remembering that flames will not be tolerated), but if a person posts asking a technical question, if you do not know the answer, do not reply. You are simply wasting database space. Post quantity does not equal post quality.

If you have a problem with a post please click the "Report this post" button at the bottom of every message and include a reason why you are reporting it. Please be as specific as possible.

The Moderators reserve the right to edit and/or delete posts that are considered "flame bait" as per the judgement of the moderator. Should your post be deleted and/or edited and an answer has not been posted please private message a moderator requesting an explanation, do not waste board space declaring your hatred for the moderating team.

If you feel the need to discuss current events, relationship troubles, your neighbors Honda/Mustang/Neon/etc, feel free to visit www.nethirdgen.org or www.3rdgen.org. Both of those sites have off-topic message boards and are run by thirdgen enthusiasts who will gladly talk about any subject matter with you.

TGO Disclaimer: "The Administrators and Moderators of TGO do not condone or recommend street racing as a whole or the use of motor vehicles in an unsafe manner. Any post regarding a race perceived to show the use of a motor vehicle in a blatant unsafe manner will be deleted and the poster warned. Racing in general is an unsafe activity with the level of risk increased when done on the street. If done with a mind for safety, risks can be reduced. Users are encouraged to talk about methods for racing safely since we are providing a place to discuss this topic, since it's going to happen and cannot be stopped altogether."

If you did not take the time to read or do not agree to these rules please do not post or complain if your posts are locked/deleted or if you are put on probation or banned.

If there is anything you feel has been missed or does not make sense please private message a board Moderator to explain or include it.

Last edited by IROCZTWENTYGR8; 02-02-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 2007 Saturn Sky Redline
Engine: 2.0 turbo
Transmission: m5
Axle/Gears: 3.91 LSD
Warning:

Street racing can be risky. If done in a safe manner such as on straight deserted roads away from traffic, risks are reduced. Take this into consideration every time you race. Posts implying that a race was done in an unsafe manner will be locked or deleted.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this please private message ShiftyCapone, iroc22 or Inwo.

Last edited by Inwo; 09-29-2004 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Supporter/Moderator

Received 375 Likes on 288 Posts
Car: '90 RS
Engine: 377 LSX
Transmission: Magnum T56
Continuation of the rules (PLEASE READ)

Over the last few months we have been observing some bad posting habits lately by some people on the street racing board that are not normally seen in the other boards. Since this board is a slightly different than the other forums and doesn't focus on technical discussions, it is easy to see why flame wars and arguments occur on a weekly basis. The mods of this forum would like to update and expand the rules a bit since we recently have had an abundance of posting wars. In addition, these updates will also emphasize the rules listed at the top of every forum.

Character substitution

Do not use symbols or asterisks in place of letters to avoid VB swear word detection. If I see a **** I bet I can figure out what word you tried to use without needing a few of the letters. Swearing makes peoples posts look like the Wheel of Fortune. Don't do it. You are not creative and you are violating the rules.

"Under the Agree and Objectionable Message clauses, users are also prohibited from:

Substituting symbols for censored words and/or phrases."

-TGO rules

Disagreements

If you disagree with someone’s story, facts or thought process, do it in a mature way. State your claim and move on. People are more likely to listen and take to heart your info if you do it in a polite way. Use BS flags sparingly and please explain why you disagree.

IBTL (in before the lock) posts.

Nothing is more aggravating than seeing someone post for the sole fact of mentioning the obvious. It would behoove you to actually point out the infraction of the poster rather than glorify the fact that the thread will be locked. It shows that you respect the rules of the board. Also, use the report this post feature. That is the fastest way to bring the proper attention to the thread. Even if we do not post, the mods and admins are reading the posts and are very well aware of peoples posting habits and thread content.

Mustang and import threads.

There is nothing wrong with discussions and comparisons of mustangs and imports to that of 3rd gens. After all, that is the root and sole purpose of this forum. Since TGO is a tech only 3rd gen site it is safe to say that mustangs and imports aren't going to be most people's cup of tea. Therefore, we don't need to hear about it. Disagree respectfully.

Ok cliff notes.

Disagree respectfully
Do not use asterisks and symbols to get around word censorship
Do not post for the purpose of pointing out a potentially locked thread.