TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rpm's sticking

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rpm's sticking

Okay guys i got a problem i have a 1988 iroz 28 305 TPI manual 5 speed. I took it into the shop and had injector rings replaced, when i got it back the clutch had gone out so then i had the clutch replaced it was on its way out anyways so no big deal. however when i got the car back when i pushed the clutch in to shift the rpms would stick they would not drop like normal and if the rpms hung ( dont push the accelerator peddle the car is acting like it has cruise control) it just drives. i did some reading and tried to rule out some things. i checked the vac lines and found one melted that goes to the egr and replaced it, my MAF was pulling a code so i fixed that with a replacement. but no change to the main issue. i pulled the throttle body and cleaned it and it worked well for awhile but then the issue came back. so i though it may be the TB going bad so i replaced it. still no dice i check the TPS and that seems to be fine. any help would be greatly appreciated on this issue.