TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was trying to find fuel pump relay. Now, no oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was trying to find fuel pump relay. Now, no oil pressure

1988 trans am GTA 350
So I need to change my fuel filter and I was trying to find the fuel pump relay so I could purge the system of fuel. Going by pictures it seemed most of the time they're in the center cluster, of 3 clusters near the brake booster. I'm not sure that it was, I'll have to keep looking tomorrow.

Well, I had the thing running for about 45 minutes while unplugging stuff to see if it died, googling stuff in between, etc. Eventually gave up cause it was starting to rain. Later I had to move my car out of the driveway, and when I started it, it was reading no oil pressure and the car would die quickly. Usually my oil pressure will increase with RPM but it wasn't raising at all and would die right out.. I at least managed to get it out of the driveway.

Kind of frustrated, I wonder if something I was tinkering with wasn't plugged all the way back in, and/or something got wet. I left a couple of the sleeves that were screwed on, unscrewed and just lying on the frame(unscrewed them for easier access to other plugs, but the wires should still be plugged up), because I figured I'd be messing with it more tomorrow. Or I had bought and installed a fram oil filter recently and a friend is telling me they can fail pretty easily, but I'm doubting that's it, it must be something I was fooling with before I shut it off.

Tomorrow I'll check connections and see if anything isn't quite connected, screw the stuff back on that is unscrewed, and see if it's working again. Just posting here in case anyone has ideas for me. I'm no expert
Old 09-27-2015, 09:49 AM

Received 215 Likes on 201 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Re: Was trying to find fuel pump relay. Now, no oil pressure

A Fram oil filter cost me an engine when it collapsed internally and lost oil pressure.

RBob.