TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBL Flash w/ Port Mod PWM output?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Chevy Camaro IROCZ
Engine: EBL Managed 350 TPI - 355 pending
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.77
EBL Flash w/ Port Mod PWM output?

Good morning,

Can anyone tell me if the EBL Flash w/ port mod is capable of outputting a PWM signal?

I know it's a controversial topic but I am making a WOT booster using a 1/5 scale 1340 kV Leopard 5892 brush-less motor to spin a T66 compressor. It will not be direct drive. I am using 5mm pitch timing belt pulleys to give me the speed I need according to the compressor map.
I calculated 30 lb/min and a pressure ratio of 1.6 to "theoretically" give me 100 more hp for mt 350 CID TPI engine. The compressor map shows that with a T66 compressor I need to spin 50K to 60K RPMs to meet that demand.

My company has a machine shop so I have all the resources I need to make a frame to mount a compressor housing and ceramic bearing, shafts, pulley etc etc.

Numerous people have been saying it will never work however I beg to differ. The motor will not be moving a 30 lb RC like it is meant to do. With the right pulley system it wouldn't be any different. 15 tooth pulley on the motor to drive a 60 tooth pulley on an intermediate shaft for the torque. The intermediate shaft will have another 60 tooth pulley that will drive a 20 tooth pulley on the compressor wheel shaft. This way the drive system will maintain torque just like an RC gear system.

For now I will use the LiPo batteries and continue charging them when they die until I can somehow utilize the cars electrical system. I am not sure yet so I am just considering this as an example of my hobby car. haha

So to the point, the radio control receiver will not be used on the ESC however the brush-less motor needs the ESC to work via a PWM signal. Since I am not using a radio controller to activate the system, the system still needs a PWM signal for the ESC to run the brush-less motor. Doesn't the EBL units have provisions to output a PWM signal? Maybe sent one to the ESC at WOT?

Hope you find this interesting. Again I know it's a controversial topic but let's just assume that this is a fun project to tinker with.

Thanks!
Sal