TPI Tuned Port Injection discussion and questions. LB9 and L98 tech, porting, tuning, and bolt-on aftermarket products.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to get car running right

Old 11-05-2016, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 6.2L pontiac firebird
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 373
Trying to get car running right

Hey I don't really post on here much I usally just find what I'm looking for but this time I'm stumped. I have a 91 firebird formula with a 5.7L tpi speed density. I recently just rebuilt the motor in my garage and put it in the car. I have trick flow heads 175cc runner 56cc chambers I know there small but they flow better then stock and I got them next to nothing. 1.6roller rockers and I used the same roller cam that was in it probably stock.
The question I have is timing I've read the threads but it still seems to go back. I let the car warm up then I shut it off disconnect the est connector with the tank wire start it up time it to 6 degrees btdc I turn it off disconnect the bty plug the est back in and hook the bty back up after 5 min and start it. It goes back to about 12-14 degrees btdc every time and yes I tighten down the distributor after I time it. It also seems to surge a bit between 9-1200rpm witch might be a result of timing but I'll tackle that problem after I get the timing fixed any help would be appreciated
Old 11-05-2016, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 6.2L pontiac firebird
Engine: 383 stroker
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 373
Re: Trying to get car running right

Never mind I was checking the timing with the est plugged in when I unplug it and check it it's 6 degrees btdc

Search this Thread