Transmissions and Drivetrain Need help with your trans? Problems with your axle?

FT SMITH AR

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FT SMITH AR

Anybody know of good transmission shops for a total rebuild in Ftmith AR. Im going to need a beefed up 700R4. Im buying the parts from probuilt just need a competent builder.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:37 PM

Re: FT SMITH AR

g-mentransmissios.com You send me all the stuff and I will build it up for you, if you don't find anyone.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:18 PM

Your link doesn't seem to work, but shipping cost would be an arm and a leg itself. I'm taking my own trans and getting it rebuilt. Ill keep it in mind though thanks.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:58 PM

buy the dvd on the 700 r4 and some of the tools and do it yourself, it's not hard. I would be very careful about having your trans rebuilt with those parts unless your hanging on the shoulder of the rebuilder to make absolutely sure he/she is REALLY putting those parts in your trans and not on there shelf and even if you get your exact trans back, this stuff does happen. Do some research on the shop if you can't stand to do it yourself, there has got to be someone in your area doing performance work, ask around, go to car shows, ask at your autoparts stores, call on machine shops for recommendations, but I would stay local where you have a face to put with quality of work.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:38 PM

There are a lot of shops that do that, But at G-men transmissions I will put all the parts in and I will do it on DVD so you know they are in there, and as far as shipping I get a 75% discount on shipping and I will do this for you for $400.00 all you have to do is pay for shipping and to tell you the truth it is not as easy to do a high performance transmission as people say it is even with all the parts there are other things that should be taken care that will not be on a DVD you can purchase, this you can only get from a true high performance rebuilder. send me your zipcode and I will let you how much shipping is. It could be as low as $600.00 shipping and the build and then people will know here that I am in business to help, not rip people off.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro SC, 1999 Z28
Engine: GMPP 350HO, LS1
Transmission: Built 700r4/EDGE 3200, T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Eaton 7.625, 3.42 Zexel Torsen

If you're a fan of Probuilt, why not go with one of his transmissions instead? Unless its price, but you get what you pay for. Just have it delivered there on base?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:56 AM

Yeah a shady builder is shame to good builders out there. I don't know anything about transmissions, I have two L98 autos 91 camaro and 90 corvette. The corvette I found for a steal for the condition and I decided to build it instead of the camaro. This forum has helped me out more than the corvette forums. The tail housing is different correct or is the drive shaft different? I want the probuilt elite because when I'm done with it power it may see 600 to 700 to the rear.. Does he carry the corvette version. I have a thread on his forum but he never replied. Another legendary question is the question that has boggled my mind throughout the forums is the reliability and performance of this trans. Some are running 10s all day with this trans but most has had failure. It has crossed my mind to covert. The stalker corvette had one built and he finished his dyno and what not with a 700r4 and hes pushing a lot of power through it. Rebuilding my own would with the same parts as the ELITE would be cheaper and I still got money for a TQ covertor. I just don't what to throw a couple of G's out the window and all I got left is a broken trans. Should I be fine with the maxed out 700r4? Is there a way to get a better gear ratio with a rebuild in a performance since (keeping in mind my axle ratio, gotta look that one up not with my corvette at the moment)?

Hey G-men trans, my zip is 72903, the dvd thing seems like a good idea.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:20 AM

To ship from a business or from fed ex frieghts dock runs $130.00 both ways.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:04 AM

Thats not too bad, I'm in Iraq right now, and Ill be coming home for a little while I might take the tranny out then, just need to do my research first on if its worth the rebuild or a brand new trans thanks.
----------
Forgot to ask. Do you warrant any of your rebuilds? How long would it take you to rebuild? Ill be home for about a month. If I decide to rebuild I would take it out then.

Last edited by Madhatterscage; 11-08-2007 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-08-2007, 08:48 AM

If everything you are going to pay for with building yours comes close to $1200.00 You might want to look at this. I warranty my transmissions for 1 year unlimited miles I have them on ebay for $1250.00 this will hold up to 650 hp, and I do a DVD of your build what I do is stamp your name on the case show it on the video and build it up when I am building it I show you all the performance parts you payed for going into the transmission. It takes 2 days to complete the job and then your shipping time. If you go to www.gmentransmission.com you can see my website and Ebay listings and the testimonials of some of my customers. This is everything I put into my 650hp Transmission
IN THE CASE:
  1. 1.) Step one of G-Men update kit.
    2.) Step one of G-Men shift kit.
    3.) Raybestos Z Pak™ replaces factory 5 clutches & steels in the 3-4 drum with 15 clutch/steel combinations. Raybestos Powertrain developed the Z Pak™ single-sided clutch system to solve the problem of 3-4 clutch pack failure in the 4L60, and 4L60E’s. They will withstand more abuse and heat the OEM clutches.
    4.) Raybestos clutches and steels in the low reverse drum, reverse drum, and forward drum.
    5.) 3” Extra wide band.
    6.) The Beast Sun Shell with three times the holding power of the OEM sun shell
    7.) All one-way sprags are replaced with heavy duty sprags.
    8.) Corvette Servo
    9.) All bushings, rings, and seals are replaced with OEM parts.
  2. 10.) Ultra Cool, TRU Lube 5 Pinion planetary gear.
  3. IN THE PUMP:

1.) Step two of G-Men update kit.
    2.) Step two of G-Men shift kit.
    3.) .500 boost valve.
    4.) 13 vane pump rotor.
    5.) 4140 hardened pump rings.
    6.) Teflon pump bushings.
IN THE VALVE BODY:
  1. 1.) Step three of G-Men update kit.
    2.) Step three of G-Men shift kit.
    3.) New valve springs and valves when needed.
    4.) Blocked accumulators for that good solid shift.
    5.) Drilled separator plate for more consistent oil flow.
    6.) Wide Open Throttle valve
This transmission is excellent for pulling and towing as well as street/strip.
This Transmission will handle an honest 650hp.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:00 AM

Sorry about that the lettering was white
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']THE CASE:[/FONT]
  1. [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']1.) Step one of G-Men update kit.
    2.) Step one of G-Men shift kit.
    3.) Raybestos Z Pak™ replaces factory 5 clutches & steels in the 3-4 drum with 15 clutch/steel combinations. Raybestos Powertrain developed the Z Pak™ single-sided clutch system to solve the problem of 3-4 clutch pack failure in the 4L60, and 4L60E’s. They will withstand more abuse and heat the OEM clutches.
    4.) Raybestos clutches and steels in the low reverse drum, reverse drum, and forward drum.
    5.) 3” Extra wide band.
    6.) The Beast Sun Shell with three times the holding power of the OEM sun shell
    7.) All one-way sprags are replaced with heavy duty sprags.
    8.) Corvette Servo
    9.) All bushings, rings, and seals are replaced with OEM parts.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']10.) Ultra Cool, TRU Lube 5 Pinion planetary gear. [/FONT]
  3. [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] [/FONT]
  4. [FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] [/FONT]
  5. [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']IN THE PUMP:

1.) Step two of G-Men update kit.
    2.) Step two of G-Men shift kit.
    3.) .500 boost valve.
    4.) 13 vane pump rotor.
    5.) 4140 hardened pump rings.
    6.) Teflon pump bushings.[/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']IN THE VALVE BODY:[/FONT]
  1. [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']1.) Step three of G-Men update kit.
    2.) Step three of G-Men shift kit.
    3.) New valve springs and valves when needed.
    4.) Blocked accumulators for that good solid shift.
    5.) Drilled separator plate for more consistent oil flow.
    6.) Wide Open Throttle valve [/FONT]
----------
The site will not take the font but you can go to my website and to Ebay to see all about my transmissions and me, I am even on you tube and I do give a 5 percent discount for veterans and all active personal in the armed forces

Last edited by Whiplash; 11-08-2007 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-08-2007, 09:49 AM

I have a corvette 700r4, what would need to happen for it to fit? I checked out you website and I'm taking your list of parts to compare it to others. Veterans discount is great!