Transmissions and Drivetrain Need help with your trans? Problems with your axle?

My new 92 Camaro Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new 92 Camaro Project

I just bought an extremely clean 92 camaro with a non-working v6 and a working 700r4 for 300$ she's basically rust free and I'm planning to turn her into a decently fast project. My goal is 350hp/tq. I want to put in a t56 but I'm notrying sure if it will just bolt on without issues. Can anyone enlighten me? Also I want an l98 350 from a vette for the aluminum heads to build up. Any tips for that? I'm thinking 4 bolt main, 2 4barrel carb, etc. Any help is appreciated! 😊
Old 01-02-2017, 03:00 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: My new 92 Camaro Project

Welcome to TGO.

Take a look at the sticky'd threads. There should be one at the top of this forum for T56 swaps. Go to the engine swap forum and there should be one for the V8 swap. If you can't find a sticky thread that answers the questions you have, give the search feature a try. Also you can type a couple keywords related to what you want to know and "thirdgen.org" into the search bar on Google and probably find more info than you ever wanted to know.

V8 swaps are counterproductive. There's more involved than most people ever consider. Pretty much everything is different. Doing the job right, requires so many parts you're probably further ahead to just buy a V8 car to begin with.

L98 heads of any variety are obsolete. Unless you can get them free, there are more modern options that would work better and probably cost less money.

Honestly, if you're planning a V8 swap, look into going LS1. An LS swap won't really require much more effort than an oldschool V8 swap.