V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

'89 RS Help Needed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'89 RS Help Needed.

Has anyone got any ideas where I can pick up one of these? It's a vacuum hose connector that pushes into the back of the throttle body on a 1989 2.7 RS.

I need one complete with the vacuum hoses moulded into it. I've tried Rock Auto, Ebay and some other forums with no luck.
Attached Thumbnails '89 RS Help Needed.-tb2.jpg   '89 RS Help Needed.-tb3.jpg   '89 RS Help Needed.-throttle-body.jpg  
Old 11-25-2016, 12:29 PM
Supreme Member

Received 661 Likes on 471 Posts
Car: 1989 Firebird
Re: '89 RS Help Needed.

Originally Posted by Robin127
Has anyone got any ideas where I can pick up one of these? It's a vacuum hose connector that pushes into the back of the throttle body on a 1989 2.7 RS.

I need one complete with the vacuum hoses moulded into it. I've tried Rock Auto, Ebay and some other forums with no luck.
Take that rubber piece , enlarge the holes SLIGHTLY using a drill bit where the hard black plastic tubing was coming out of it , and then get some new hard black plastic tubing from your local autoparts store and shove it into the enlarged holes . Sure , it won't be a factory premade vacuum hose assembly , but it will allow you to reconnect the vacuum lines to the throttlebody and make the system complete .

PS , your engine is a 2.8 , and , if you so desire you can replace the hard (brittle) plastic with regular flexible rubber vacuum hose right after you get a small length of hard tubing put back into the rubber block . About an inch of hard plastic tubing sticking out oughta be plenty to slip some rubber hose onto and then run the hose to where the original plastic hard line was running to . As long as the appropriate devices see the vacuum they are supposed to , it doesn't matter if that vacuum is supplied from a rubber hose or a plastic tubing ....

Last edited by OrangeBird; 11-25-2016 at 12:35 PM.