V6 Discussion and questions about the base carbureted or MPFI V6's and the rare SFI Turbo V6.

My Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 02:28 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1983, 1986
Engine: 2.8 2bbl, 2.8 MPFI
Transmission: 200C 3 speed, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.08, 3.42
Originally posted by Joe_L
Yeah I think Camaro_1986_19 (aka 85camarorulz) is just trying to cover his tracks. If I made myself look like a big dummy, I know I would be trying to back track and change my story too. But I try to keep myself out these situations.
What's even funnier is he just got busted on the street racing board earlier today for posting under 85camarorulz. If he's trying to cover his tracks, he's only suceeding in looking like a bigger idiot.

Heres the link
https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=107763
Old 08-16-2002, 02:38 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 2018 Camaro SS
Engine: LT1 w/Paxton 1500SL
Originally posted by iroc22

Yes SOME,
<---but not this one.

i know
Old 08-16-2002, 02:56 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
Originally posted by fly89gta
tom, no, no one was making fun of the V6'ers, it was someone on here, on the racing board because we were making fun of Camaro_1986_19
Oh okay, that's cool! I can't believe the kid is still around, throwing out BS stories. Hell, if I told a BS story, and got called on it here, I'd do one of two things. I'd either never come back because I felt so stupid, or I'd apologize and never post another BS story. I certainly wouldn't come back and post crap after crap!

Oh well; life goes on. Looks like you guys are having fun on the street racing board, I checked a few of the messages out. Got a chuckle out of the "Oh yeah? Well don't click here" message
Old 08-16-2002, 03:18 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by TomP

Got a chuckle out of the "Oh yeah? Well don't click here" message
lol yeah that was pretty good
Old 08-16-2002, 05:17 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1995 Z28
Engine: LT1
Transmission: Built 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.23's - Limited Slip
Originally posted by MDv6man

What's even funnier is he just got busted on the street racing board earlier today for posting under 85camarorulz. If he's trying to cover his tracks, he's only suceeding in looking like a bigger idiot.

Heres the link
https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...hreadid=107763
:hail: :hail: :lala:
(hail Lala) this boy is completely stupid.
Oh well. My day keeps getting better and better. Thanks I needed another laugh. When I get back on high speed again, I will have to surf all the boards again, so I can find stuff like this.
Old 08-16-2002, 06:27 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Know what kills me ? "we went to the 1/4 place down the road " ....Uh , isnt that called a dragstrip aka racetrack ?
Old 08-16-2002, 08:40 PM
Supreme Member

After hearing "I have a turbo" so many times from so many people and never EVER seeing proof, we're not too kind sometimes.
Ain't that the truth.
Tired of being kind to them.
They have to be awoken some day, might as well be my us!
It's the budget for the proect that always make me laugh now.
Plans for projects.......
It's always fun to dream, how else we get anywhere!
Old 08-17-2002, 11:28 AM

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: L98
Transmission: T-56
why cant someone just answer the question?

I personally do not know the answer to his question about the spacers. but i am sure someone who posted here in this thread does. sure it sounds like he is preachin total but thats not what his post was 100% geared towards, he had a question and I didnt see an answer to it (may have missed it somewhere in there) all i see is flaming. Why can't we all just get along??
please dont flame me for sayin this, i just think it may scare alot of people away who may have something useful to add to this community.
D&R???
~matt
Old 08-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Supreme Member

The kid was always BS'ing, that's why. And if he could put a turbo on, he could remove the spacers. If you ever see shock spacers, you'll see how easy they are to put on and take off. As long as nobody posts BS claims (or if they do, and we catch them, and they confess), then we're quite friendly.
Old 08-17-2002, 05:12 PM

Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: L98
Transmission: T-56
The kid was always BS'ing, that's why. And if he could put a turbo on, he could remove the spacers. If you ever see shock spacers, you'll see how easy they are to put on and take off. As long as nobody posts BS claims (or if they do, and we catch them, and they confess), then we're quite friendly.
i just realized how old this post was...
lol
sorry bout that.
Matt
Old 08-17-2002, 07:19 PM
Supreme Member

My Sharona !

Everytime I see this post " My camaro" I think "My sharona" Just play the song in your head but stick "My c-a-m-a-r-o

oooooooooo oh ooooooo "My camaro" ..
Old 08-17-2002, 09:55 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im still wondering how he hooked up his 'intercooled' turbo to his headers....
Old 08-18-2002, 08:21 AM
Supreme Member

Car: '87 Mustang LX
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: T-5
Originally posted by iroc22
Im still wondering how he hooked up his 'intercooled' turbo to his headers....
Yeah no kidding, my guess is with those headers his turbo is either being doubled as a skid plate or a hood orniment(sp)
Old 08-22-2002, 09:30 AM

new to the board, might be getting a mid 80's (unsure of the rear) V-6 2.8L camaro AT, nice body for 800 bucks, runs good too!
anyways the turbo issue...
lookied into turbo set up for my 86 regal, a BUDGET set up.
found in a local recking yard a 82 turbo riviera? managed to get the turbo unit off of it,
never got the manifold tho, so it is currently collecting dust.
BUT why not make some sort of y-pipe off the headers/manifold from exhuast componets? a good wire feed welder should be the biggest tool youd need, maybe a pipe bender.
maybe use some header collector flanges on two ends of a Y or T shaped pipe with the up pipe going into the turbo?
not the prettiest but i think it may work, going to do some sketches and scan em tonight an post em on here soon.
btw my 86 3.8L regal i did a complete tune up put in roller rockers, had the heads machined down a bit to bump the compression up, installed a high energy coil from summit catalog, petronix did very good, turned the timing up 4 degrees, was pretty quick but now, the distributor needs replaced, needs a completely new interior, trans mission is about ready to go kaput, and with 152 thousand miles, i am worried about it. dont want to do a complete rebuild or anything LAZZY ME
lol
anyways my 2 cents on the turbo issue maybe you guys should look into the early 80's GM turbos from scrap yards
see ya
Old 08-22-2002, 10:04 AM
Supreme Member

buickboy, i assume you have a N/A 3.8 right?
Old 08-22-2002, 02:52 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by buickboy
BUT why not make some sort of y-pipe off the headers/manifold from exhuast componets? a good wire feed welder should be the biggest tool youd need, maybe a pipe bender.
Doesn't make sense, right? Yet, people talk and talk and talk about turboing the 2.8/3.1/3.4, and nobody's ever done it. Definately funny.
Old 08-22-2002, 03:10 PM
Supreme Member

Doesn't make sense, right? Yet, people talk and talk and talk about turboing the 2.8/3.1/3.4, and nobody's ever done it. Definately funny.
I think because people think its just a matter of slapping it on there and bling bling , i have a turbo ..heh . There's some work involved . Maybe one day huh Tom ?
Old 08-22-2002, 05:01 PM

ok used paint today to get a pick of some sort of up pipe off the manifold/ headers.
tomp i do understand it takes a lot more than bolting the unit on but ive thought a CRAP load about this for the N/A 3.8L and have come up with what i beleive are good ideas.
all turbo's need a oil line right? well use one of them oil filter relocators, put the oil in line to the oil in pipe on the turbo, and the oil out line to the oil out pipe on the turbo mount the new filter stud somewhere and theres your oil lines,
you would need, better fuel flow MORE fuel, have to tailor your spark advance for the power you want, ect.
ok so you guys know these 2.8L TPI's more than me,
what kind of injectors can you use in them? what do they flow? i figure up the stock flow by 10% at first see how they work with the turbo, and just your stock motor. what are the prices on the big injectors?
what about a new higher flowing fuel line? how much who makes them and what do they flow?
you would also need a higher volume fuel pump and a good fuel regulator to help fine tune the system.
spark advance i am just now reading books about the distributor and ignition system, for the extra air and fuel flow you would need a much hotter spark, what about using a hypertech coil? 53K spark
a msd ignition system and a msd timing box, with those you have a lildial you mount somewhere inside your car and simply turn the dial to whatever position you perfer.
intercoolers help to make emense ammounts of power in a turbo car, but as far as i can tell the turbo i currently have collecting dust has no lines for mounting a intercooler so im not even sure about adding one.
a adjustable waste gate would be very helpful for fine tuning the system as well but aparently all the GN boys know em so there out there and not badly priced.
i figure if a turbo on a STOCK fuel injected 3.8L makes it push about 280hp from about 190 on a non turbo motor then that is almost what a 50% raise in power, now yes that hp number is from a INTERCOOLED system, so if you dont use one , what about a 30% gain all across the power band?
the TBI 2.8L makes what? 170 hp stock and 190 foot pounds? give that 30% wich is about 220hp and about 250 foot pounds, wouldnt ya like that?!
not to mention add on what ever mods you got done to the motor also,
a bigger y-pipe and exhuast tubing to a single in dual out muffler is what? at least a 5 hp gain to. no cats i live in iowa no smog gear needed BTW lucky me
1.6 ratio rockers, maybe 10?!
camshaft should be about what a 12 hp gain at least? no people i am not saying swapping together a bunch of parts is easy, BUT it is possible given the right ammount of time, and the gains at least to me are impressive
maybe something to think about this winter?

jus think tho, a 250hp 2.8L in your f-body, hmmmmmmm v-8 power right? with the lighter weight motor and all , should be an advantage on the streets
and yes i do plan on getting the lil red camaro , and yes its got a 2.8L in it i dunno about transmission it is an auto i figured either a 200R4 or a 700R4
i DO have that rivieras turbo, and access to a wire feed welder, and even a basic pipe bender......hmmmmm
now to get all the other crap
ignition injectors timing box coil fuel rails pump and regulator.......
Attached Thumbnails My Camaro-turbo-adaptor-pipe.jpg  
Old 08-22-2002, 08:23 PM
Supreme Member

I have a hypertech coil . It's one bad *** coil I tell you that , I didnt think I would notice a difference in the hypertech from the MSD , but I did ! ...I still need to update my sig huh ? ....Its been on the car for three months or so .
Old 08-22-2002, 09:21 PM
Supreme Member

:nono: @ that diagram. Can somebody draw him a new one so he dosen't screw up a good set of headers?
Old 08-22-2002, 09:28 PM

that was ment to be a basic drawing, and it was also ment to bolt AFTER the exhaust manifold, or headers, not on them or replacing them
Old 08-22-2002, 09:33 PM
Supreme Member

Thats not what I meant and Its hard to explain . Some one will draw you another diagram and youll see what Mean.
Old 08-22-2002, 09:36 PM
Supreme Member

Maybe Im looking at it wrong
Old 08-22-2002, 10:10 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by SOLID LIFTER
Maybe Im looking at it wrong
stand on your head , that may help !

just pokin some fun in this thread guys
Old 08-22-2002, 10:12 PM

Car: See pic above
Engine: Too Small
Transmission: Broken
I think you're looking at it right, solid. The problem is that ALL the exhaust gases need to flow to the turbo and then flow out of the turbo to the muffler. With his diagram, he wouldn't spin the turbo at all because it'd be easier for the exhaust gasses to go straight to the muffler than to spin a turbine.
Old 08-22-2002, 10:47 PM

well it was ment to show the concept behind my thought only, not to be a template.
i thought instead of having to have headers made you could simply make some sort of adaptor piece, and i made that sketch thing to show the concept behind it only NOT as the exact perfect piece,
Old 08-22-2002, 11:23 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 85' Firebird (Project), 92' RS
Engine: 2.8L, LS1
Transmission: 700R4, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Open , 10 Bolt (ukn)
yep, the most difficult part of designing a turbo setup in these cars is routing the exaust. The most effecient way to do this is to flow the exaust through a specially made manifold, or a specially made header and directly into the turbocharger, all that routing will destroy the effeciency of the header deisgn that you'll be spending the money on. And as pointed out earlier, the exaust gas would be much easier to flow directly to the cat and muffler, rather than rerouting itself back towards the turbo, you'll need a U-shaped crimped pipe coming off the manifold and moving into an up pipe into the turbo, then from the turbo finding enough room the jam the downpipe and exaust back around the struttowers and out towards the rest of the exaust system. You'd be amazed at how little room we have on the sides of these engines, which makes pipe routing crucial to anytype of workable turbo design. There are a few spots you could push the exaust, one is underniether the front crossmember (but it'll scrape on anything and everything) and you could also wedge it between the oil pan and the crossmember, (would work, but it's a tight squeeze). I wish you the best of luck, best bet, design a turbo header that'll withstand the force of feeding that turbocharger.
Old 08-22-2002, 11:32 PM
Supreme Member

In a 1991 Brochure I have from Paxton (actually a reprint of the July 1988 Hot Rod magazine article), they show a Supercharger set up for the MPFI V-6 (3rd gen Camaro to be specific, w/factory CAI).
TIGHT engine bay, but impressive.
Specs available from the photo caption.
"The kit for the V-6 engine is both less expensive & less labor intensive (4 1/2 hour installation) than for the V-8s. Rear wheel power increase (45 percent) remains the same (as the unit for the V-8 3rd Gen rides).
The V-6 Camaro ran a number of high 16 second passes from the 19 second baseline".

I know Paxton is now located in Oxnard or Camarillo, CA.

Anyone have the time to ask them about this kit & if it's Smog Legal?
Old 08-22-2002, 11:43 PM
Supreme Member

apparently during the early days of our engiens there were a lot more aftermarket parts available. As we all know, headers were plentiful, better exaust systems specially for the six cylinder cars, better induction systems, powerful performance chips, and i believe even turbo systems, but the SC systems were definately around, i've heard of them many times, and kept saying, damnit i shoudl have owned the car in 1985. What's sad though, is that with that simple bolt on, the car would only have 195 hp, still under too HP, and only be running in the 16's. Just not worth it.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:05 AM

What's sad though, is that with that simple bolt on, the car would only have 195 hp
Damn, that is sad. To think you could do that with a 60 shot of nitrous too, and at a fraction of the cost. Karl, I'll look into that Paxton thing tomorrow and see if they still make it or if they at least have some specs on the S/C. I mean, if they sold em, and nobody has them in their cars, then they gotta be lying around in a junkyard or something.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:07 AM

Just an afterthought on the exhaust routing for a turbocharger. How do they route it on the TTAs? Maybe somebody's got a pic of a TTA engine bay or even better the exhaust manifold. It's just a thought.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:10 AM
Supreme Member

there should be a pic on the site somewhere, id do a search, but its midnigth and near bedtiem for this poor college student. take a look at the 89Trans Ams on the site, and i'm sure ull find some pix. also, do a search on google.com for images of a TTA , they'll pop up also.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:24 AM

I did a search on the web earlier today, and netted next to nothing in terms of pics. I'll check on this site though, it's only 10 here
Old 08-23-2002, 12:30 AM

O.k., here is the only pic that I can find. It shows the turbo but not the exhaust routing.
Attached Thumbnails My Camaro-tta-engine1.jpg  
Old 08-23-2002, 12:32 AM

wow, didnt anticipate so many responses,
think i have a poor mans turbo up pipe figured out,
look at a JCW catalogue they have a exhaust valve thingy that opens up for wide open no exhuast, i was thinking rip the valve out of it, flip it so the open end faces forward, weld it onto the exhaust manifold run some pre bent pipes from that to where ever the turbo will go, also reduce the size of the EXHAUST after, the up pipe thing get what im saying?
that way you will have the exhaust gases, going up into the turbo at a higher rate than those going out the pipes
there! mounting figured mostly out!
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

now, what kind of head gaskets? i would want to drop compression a bit right? i figure 8 pounds of boost with an aftermarket ***** blowoff valve set at like 10 pounds,
also FUEL INJECTORS, what is the biggest size i can get how much will i spend and WHERE do i gettem at?
same with a fuel rail
got the pump and regulator picked out,
also what about a MSD boost timing master? summit has them listed at 170 would it be needed? or is it even worth it?
acording to the summit catalogue all it does is sense when the boost is going up and atomaticly retard the timing a pre set number of degrees, up to 3 degrees for each pound of boost,
sounded good to me, but i dunno dont own a turbo car, and have yet to
ALSO what does a 81 or 82 buick riviera's turbo flow at? how many pounds of boost?
Old 08-23-2002, 01:00 AM

they have a exhaust valve thingy that opens up for wide open no exhuast, i was thinking rip the valve out of it, flip it so the open end faces forward, weld it onto the exhaust manifold run some pre bent pipes from that to where ever the turbo will go
Where at are you thinking putting this valve? After the exhaust manifold but just before the Y-pipe? If so then you'd have to have a 90* bend, and bring the exhaust all the way back under the engine and then up to the turbo. IMHO, the best way would be to custom make headers that rather than routing down, would direct the exhaust to the front of the engine, and right into the turbo. Of course, that would be for a twin turbo setup, and it sounds like you're going for a single turbo. I might be misunderstanding you on where you're cutting into the stock exhaust, if so, sorry.
Old 08-23-2002, 01:52 AM

i typed that wrong, i wanted to mount it right behind the manifold, so that both the outlets faced the rear of the car, then off the top one that is angled i would run a u shaped pipe to the turbo
sound better now?
and i figure if i restrict that sides exhaust flow ENOUGH it would feed more into the turbo
or......
another idea, (dam im full of ideas lately)
what about flipping the manifold so that the top of it, is facing the bottom? maybe that with the other sides manifold,
feed directly into turbo and then you would HAVE to have some way to vent excess preasure blow off valve??
i dunno,
but i still beleive it is perfectly possible to utilize a factory turbo on a 2.8L tpi motor and get REAL results
and do it all on a budget (like me )
what do you all think a 200-250 hp 2.8L F-body would pull in the 1/4?
0-60 times
and also
im personaly not as worried with routing the up pipe as i am getting more fuel into the motor, you do need air fuel and spark to make power, so more spark and bigger injectors?
what about the comp? i was thinking about that one earlier btw
if you reset the comp, what would it do with the turbo and big injectors ON the car?
run like crap or compensate and run good?
any way to remove top speed limiter?
or would a new chip be needed for that?
Old 08-23-2002, 02:08 AM

going a bit off topic here, ina dream state i guess,

now you have a 2.8L tpi motor, you have ripped the cat off and ran a bigger diameter pipe all the way to a flowmaster single in dual out muffler, whats the gain on that?
5hp MAX? or just sound?
you also put in 1.6 ratio roller rockers, along with new push rods
whats the gain?
maybe 5-10?
then a new cam, not sure on makers, i think crane cams makes some tho, gain on that?
10-15?
you then add on a petronix coil, and ignition module, probably no gains, right?
then, you swap in a turbo running aroun 8psi or so, maybe.....20% gain across the power band
so 170 and 190 stock,+30 for your mods, is
200 ( most likely 190's right?) 220
plus 20%
240 and 260 ish,
if we can do it, and im sure we can if we all brain storm, there going to be some FAST V-6 f-bodies out there!
add an intercooler, 20 more torque and hp, increase air flow to the cylinders, more psi what ever
possibly hit the high 200's!
i know i want one
Old 08-23-2002, 07:54 AM

"IF" I were to try jury-rig my own turbo set-up on a 60 degree - (Sounds like doing your own gaulblatter surgery). I'd pick a platform with more room in the engine bay - like an old Blazer. A drag Blazer (a Blazer in drag?) seems pretty funny but you could hack it up - hack out the wheel wells etc. But then you get into the same issue of "why not a v8 for less time/effort". And the talk goes on - ad infinum
Old 08-23-2002, 09:29 AM

and do it all on a budget (like me )
How much are you thinking this is all gonna cost?
Old 08-23-2002, 07:02 PM

In a 1991 Brochure I have from Paxton (actually a reprint of the July 1988 Hot Rod magazine article), they show a Supercharger set up for the MPFI V-6 (3rd gen Camaro to be specific, w/factory CAI).
O.k.. I called but they had already closed (they get off at like 3:30 p.m. Damn, I wanna work there ) Here's their website: http://www.paxtonauto.com/ Unfortunately, there's no mention on their website about a supercharger for an F-body. (past or present)
Old 08-23-2002, 08:07 PM

im on a pretty bad budget currently, just started a new job. had a ****ty job last so i got like 12.00 in my bank account right now
i already have the turbo
as far as i can tell injectors are about 150-200
fuel rail may have to be custom made, so.....
100?
the petronix coil is 60 with the cover i beleive
msd boost control is 160.00
the holley fuel pump im looking at is 60
same prive for the adjustable preasure regulator
cam is about 170
the roller rocker's and push rods is like, 150 or so (summit made)
then the cost of the adaptor materials, most expensive .....60 for it maybe upwards of 100?
anyways
i was at work and a guy there has a 2nd gen firebird, (rusty as hell an sounding like crap)
but he put a turbo onto the 305 on it and had nothing but trouble, of course it was carbed, BUT he told me about a nice lil 350 sitting, its got new high strength connecting rods, high compression pistons, new bearings and gaskets, has a crane cam in it (not sure of the specs) heavy duty pushrods, edelbrock performer intake manifold mated to a edelbrock 750 cfm performer carb,
has NO echaust manifolds or headers now, so some afterburners will be needed on it, and the heads need to be finished up also, already 64cc combustion chambers, also new valve seats are in, alsong with 1.9 air and 1.5 exhaust valves, its got a box with aluminum roller rockers 1.6 ratio, and a stud girdle for each side.
the guy who was making this motor was building it for a 53 chevy, its never been started after the rebuild, been bored .30 over and just needs finishing
the lady who has it sitting in her garage said,,.....
get this
400.00 and that inlucdes the hoist, and engine stand!!!!!!!!!
it was all her husbands
BUT she cought him with the neighbor,

SO , after the divorce wich she got EVERYTHING he wanted, well damn near, he did get to keep his miata she began selling it all off horribly cheap
like the 53
no rust, new paint and interior along with some crager SS wheels
hole bunch of other crap......
what kind of HP do you think that motor would be capable of pushing?
its a 1970 block with no smog gear, no ac and is set up for an electrical fan, and also has a lot of leight weight componets in it
aluminum water pump, aluminum heads (not sure of make) intake manifold, so on...
would it be worth it?
i would need motor mounts and a new trans right?
see the new intrest in the swap is because, if im going to go blow over 500 in parts to adapt a 2.8L to turbo, why not spend 400.00 get some tools and a MEAN motor?! with probably double the power i might be able to get
since ill have the stand i can keep the 2.8L TPI so sometime down the line i might STILL have a turbo 2.8L
but as for now, i want to go fast, always have
and ive avoided v-8's till now
this is just to good of a deal to pass on........
Old 08-23-2002, 08:58 PM

Ah, the classic story. As soon as you start to add up the price tag of going high performance with the 2.8 you realize, "I could put in a 350 for that!". That's where the problem lies, we're just as screwed as these import guys. I just picked up a magazine called "turbo" and it's got like 35 different turbo setups that they dyno tested on different imports (and a ford focus). It took the cars up to a whopping ~175 HP. That was after $3K+ into just the turbo setup. The problem really is this: Our cars have engine bays that are designed to hold a 350, or even bigger engine. These imports on the other hand, are screwed because they've got these tiny engine bays and have to stick with the 2.0L, 1.4L, or whatever, and have to maximize their volumetric efficiency. That's what we're trying to do here by adding a turbo to the 2.8. But the general concensus is that "there's no replacement for displacement", and thus comes the dreaded "just drop an 8 in there". I'm sorry to hear that you're not gonna pursue the turbo idea, but good luck with the 350 (if I was in your position I'd probably do the same thing). I think that there is still hope for a budget turbo setup, and I'm gonna keep looking into doing it. If anybody else is interested too, just PM me.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:06 PM
Supreme Member

Thanks for finding Paxton.
Why are you still here asking how much HP it makes?
WHO CARES????
The heads go for about $1500 alone......
Buy the engine NOW LEAVE hope it's still there when ya get there...
It'll make an honest 400HP, easy.
Tuning will bring ya another 30HP.
I've built my own 1970 LT-1 & I expect about 350+, to start.
If ya interested, I have brand new 2.02 & 1.6 valves available. Undercut stems, too.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:36 PM

the heads are there,
aluminum to boot
just not fully assembled
but i did my own head work on my 3.8L in my regal, and there still strong as hell
plus i kinda enjoy doing my own head work, can adjust things much easier then to suit my own taste
did ya know what all ya can do with a good dremel tool to a set of heads?!
its amazing......
when i did the head job on my 3.8L i had a local machine shop shave off about 1.5 mm of surface area to reduce the combustion chamber size, there for boosting compression
made a BIG differance,
then i yanked the heads off,
and installed some 1.6 ratio roller rockers
again major throttle feeling change, much more that i liked
and then matching the intake runers to the heads, it didnt feel more powerful, but it did help the motor wind up a LOT faster