DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

little some thing i put together on $8d ae tunning

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 09:55 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
little some thing i put together on $8d ae tunning

ok are you ready ?

accel enrich delta tps multiplier vs delta tps:

increasing these values increase global ae. these values add AE to a delta tps change.

accel enrich delta TPS factor vs asycn pulse:

derived from the current PW to arrive at a value to divide for the rest of the AE functions. if the AE tables are maxed these values need to be increased.

accel enrich delta tps multi vs collant temp:

these are fiarly striaght forward. increasing these values increases AE at various engine temps. use this to correct for a rich or lean Tip in issue when hot or cold. i highly suggest doing all AE tunning hot so you can scale up or down the cold values. its a fairly straight forward sort of table and the curve tends to be somewhat linear.

accel enrich map pw multiplier vs delta map:

increasing the values adds AE pw when the map goes delta. so if there is a sudden load change the BPW the ecm is computing will be multipled by this number and add to the final PW to deliver the final AE enriched PW

accel enrich delta map PW multipler vs coolant:

same as before the table works like a TPS AE delta clamp. its a function to fix load changes when the engine is cold. as stated above do all AE tunning when at running tempature and work backwards to cold. its alot easier that way.

accel enrich delta map PW decay factor vs coolant temp:

this is how you adjust the tail or the slope or rate of decrease in the actuall Pump shot itself. these factors control the slope of decrease vs coolant temp over a period of time. as stated do all tunning hot. youll find that the cold setting will fall into place alot easier that way.

accel enrich delta factor multiplier Vs TPS:

this is the amount of AE that is calcualted for a state change in TPS . the table is miss labled in TC. however if the TPS changes X amount the multiplier will factor in and provide more AE shot if its value is increased. recudeing the values decreases the TPS delta AE being added.

accel enrich delta map enable vs tps:

This table states the amount of TPS required to allow for a delta MAP AE event to occur.in short if the TPS isnt exceeding the amount in the table MAP AE will not occur. you are also specifying how much of a MAP delta change there has to be for the AE event to occur vs TPS. the TPS delta is fixed. although the KPA change can be modified.

ok now onto the constants:

accel enrich delta tps scale fator:

this constant bascially multiplies the change in TPS and it gets stored into ram for a cmparing calcualtion. the multiplier simplys exagerates or de exagerate the actual TPS change.

accel enrich delta MAP scale factor:

Same as above except with the MAP

bot of these functions serve as filters for state changes.

anyways thats enough for today.

Last edited by funstick; 08-23-2003 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:38 PM

Thanks funstick

I just got the B4C running and the pump shot is way off so this info will help a lot.
I was going to do a search tonight to find all the info that I could, so you just saved me a few hours reading.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I finally swaped to the 730 and have been reading alot and that was nice little rush.

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones

R u 100% sure that it is an inverse table?

Ig to rid of one major stumbling block on my car and instantly went to work on some AE stuff for some criveability issues been driving me crazy...

I know my car was lean at tip in, especially from a dead stop....

for grins and giggle i added quite a bit to my accel enrich delta tps multiplier vs delta tps and found huge increase in lower speed driveablitly when entering the throttle and also when leaving from a stop.............(and i could verify prior that i was lean on tip in in these situations from diacom datalogging)

if i get a chance the diacom goes on t'row and we can sort this out............

judgement long ago was it appears as if an inverse table, but it functions in the normal matter, adding to it increases fuel(maybe its wrong i dunno, yet)

LAter
Jeremy
PS if i get a chance diacom will beon either on the way to work or after work for diagnosis and the truth? lol
Old 08-12-2003, 06:03 AM

That's useful explanation thanks funstick, but the ECU I have for a 730 doesn't have these parameter descriptions. Which ECU are you using, and do you have a link to it?

John
Old 08-12-2003, 06:53 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 Subaru STI
Engine: 153ci of Turbo Power!
Transmission: 6-Speed
Originally posted by 3.8TransAM
R u 100% sure that it is an inverse table?
Exactly. When I increase the actual table values I get a corresponding lower AFR on the wideband during tip-in. Maybe Sean means that the static column values seem reversed? I brought this up a few years ago...
https://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/sho...threadid=37059

In any case - increasing the values in the table will increase AE per change in TPS. It just seems like the delta TPS values in the static column seem backwards because you think that the bigger delta TPS values would have a bigger AE but they don't. However, maybe this is because these are handled via other AE methods.

Tim
Old 08-23-2003, 12:02 AM
Supreme Member

yeah tim the values in the first ae table are not and i repeat are not inverse. i was tired and for some reason when i was looking at the tdf for the write up. ( i like to use the correct tables names) my brian went haywire or something ill correct that with an edit.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 90 IROC
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt BW
I'm using TunerPro RT with the 8d_v03 ecu, and I can't find most of those AE definitions listed in the thread-starter (except for "AE MAP PW multiplier vs MAP"). What's the corresponding definition in TunerPro for "AE delta TPS multiplier vs coolant temp"? The only two AE functions I see as a function of coolant temp are "AE Coolant multipler vs CT", and "AE decay factor vs CT". They don't sound even close.

Other TunerPro AE table functions are:
- AE factor vs BPW
- AE MAP factor vs TPS%
- AE MAP PW multiplier vs MAP
(5 AE function tables altogether)

Am I using the wrong definition?

from how my car stumbles seriously when transitioning from Park/Neutral to D or R, and the description cited in the thread-starter, I think I need to get working on this one.

I've been using TunerPro RT, Datamaster and VE Master to get my VE tables dialed-in, and have made worthwhile progress sofar, but the car really stalls out when I put it in gear.

thanks.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Z69
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Super_8dm2.ecu has them. But 69Ghost put things in alpabetical so the names may be slightly different.
Funstick
Old 07-02-2005, 03:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 90 IROC
Engine: 5.7L TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt BW
I had tried Super_8dm2 before, but had gotten multiple "syntax" errors for "item 30", so I didn't want to trust it, in case the part that doesn't work was something critical. I downloaded it again yesterday, and this time it loaded up fine into TunerPro, no problems.

and I was able to find all those AE definitions. I solved my going-into-gear stall problem by using all the AE settings for those definitions from my previous near-stock perfornance chip BIN I had used previously, before I had made all the mods on the motor. My car instantly became drivable in traffic and stop-lights. Like a day-vs-night change to the motor characteristic.

thanks!

Last edited by RPOL98; 07-02-2005 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:16 PM

Car: 84 Z28
Engine: Stealth Ram 355
Transmission: Borg/Warner T5 WC
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Re: little some thing i put together on $8d ae tunning

accel enrich delta map PW decay factor vs coolant temp:

this is how you adjust the tail or the slope or rate of decrease in the actuall Pump shot itself. these factors control the slope of decrease vs coolant temp over a period of time. as stated do all tunning hot. youll find that the cold setting will fall into place alot easier that way.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to comment on this still, but what is this decrease based on?? Is it pulses or time, or ?? Also to lengthen the shot do I increase or decrease the number??