DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Holley 950 Commander

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2000, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holley 950 Commander

Has any heard anything about that new ECM from Holley or have played around with it yet? Is it comparable to Accel's DFI? Any information you have will be appreciated?
Old 11-10-2000, 08:25 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Originally posted by SF88L98:
Has any heard anything about that new ECM from Holley or have played around with it yet? Is it comparable to Accel's DFI? Any information you have will be appreciated?
Holley is about clueless.
I talked with them two years ago when they started looking at what to do for a port system. They ignored everything I suggested. They bought Cutler EFI, and rebadged everthing, ask around about the *self tuning* Cutlers. hahhaha, junk, IMO
on the 1st gen they eat injector drivers replacement $ for ecm $380, second gen eats IAC drivers $410 replacement. Those prices several years old, I gave up on em.
Accel is like the other stuff, they give you just enough to kinda get by. They make you work just enough to let you thing your ego has done a perfect job. So folks think they are really on top of things.
Other then a few race apps., the oem stuff beats em.... IMO
Old 11-19-2000, 01:42 PM

Grumpy,

How bad can you make me feel about the Edelbrock ECM? Does it really run in sequential mode as they claim? Any info you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Gary Anderson
Old 11-20-2000, 04:03 PM
Supreme Member

Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Originally posted by Gary Anderson:
Grumpy,

How bad can you make me feel about the Edelbrock ECM? Does it really run in sequential mode as they claim? Any info you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Gary Anderson
Someone asks a guestion, can't always expect good news.
Till I hear of folks (anyone really) being really happy with a Holley EFI they are in my ignore category.
Gets real wasy to figure out where people are playing from. Call tech support and see if they have more then a monkey taking calls. Haltech is getting bad, Holley is a joke Accel doesn't have time, Kalmaker is a bunch of smart alecs,
Ooops rattle mode off