Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

flynbye.com/Ed Miller/EBMilller brakes - poor service!

Old 08-25-2010, 05:36 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 formula 350
Engine: ls1 magnuson tvs2300 supercharger
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Dana 44!
flynbye.com/Ed Miller/EBMilller brakes - poor service!

Is this site still in business? I've left 2 PMs on this site and left a message with the owners wife over the course of at least 4 months. I figure if I havent heard back by now that maybe they are out of business? Last time I ordered from the site I had my stuff in a couple weeks but this is getting a bit ridiculous now!

*edit* The consensus of everyone in this thread is pretty much to pay Ed, and wait however long it takes him to fill your order. He'll fill your order and wont forget you but you're at the mercy of him. And if you complain about him you'll be told to shut up and that you should appreciate him because he's one of the only people to make custom brakes for a thirdgen. Seriously? What happened to professionalism? *roll eyes*

Upon further inspection, his poor business practice has been going on for many years. Buyer Beware!

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/afte...ed-miller.html

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/clas...bmiller88.html

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/afte...ml#post4982857

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/afte...eb-miller.html

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/afte...grade-com.html

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/brak...ed-miller.html

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/brak...your-attn.html

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/brak...om-brakes.html

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/brak...-ebmiller.html

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/brak...ye-brakes.html

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/afte...no-answer.html

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/afte...ml#post5544082

Last edited by Justin89Formy; 04-22-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z28
Engine: TPI 310ci (LB9)
Transmission: Custom Rebuilt 700R4 - 2600 Stall
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt, 3.73 Eaton Limited-Slip
Re: flynbye.com brake packages

Would like to know as well... I haven't seen any posts from Ed in awhile.. I was looking into buying a LS1 rear disc brake package..
Old 08-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro SC, 1999 Z28
Engine: GMPP 350HO, LS1
Transmission: Built 700r4/EDGE 3200, T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Eaton 7.625, 3.42 Zexel Torsen

would be quite the loss to the 3rd gen community if ed has moved on...
Old 08-25-2010, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Mystery Firebird
Engine: 350 FIRST TPI
Transmission: 700r4

hes busy guys... plus it summer... givem some time
Old 08-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Supreme Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am, 92 Firebird
Engine: 408 sbc, 3.1L of raw power
Transmission: TKO600, T5
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 3:70 trutac, 3:23 torsion

Originally Posted by spade
hes busy guys... plus it summer... givem some time
im sure this is the problem, hes just a 1 man operation, AFAIK, and he builds kits for many other cars including the 3rd gens, so thats a lot of potential work for 1 guy to keep up with.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Supreme Member

True, I hope all is well and he'll be back. The front brake kit I bought from him works like a charm!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 PM

Car: 84 TA,69 camaro,81 vet 92 vet
Engine: 400
Axle/Gears: 3:73

Call him he has so many emails he can't get to them and do his work.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 86 Trans am, 91 Camaro RS
Engine: 355 Sbc, nothin yet
Transmission: 700r4- both

The man is extremely busy. He works not only with us here on TGO but also. Z28.com, pro touring, the A and B Body guys and gals also.. trust me patience is mandatory with this guy. I've been workin with him on a set of brakes for well over 8 months now. But he is the only guy who I trust to make a great kit for me. I've had more convos with his wife than I thought was necessary, but he does return call.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 86copchaser76
...but he does return call.
Did you have to wait 4+ months?
Old 08-25-2010, 04:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Currently have 3 cars and 1 truck.
Engine: 1970&92 Cams,both BBC's
Transmission: LS1 T-56 & PG w/vendor's
Axle/Gears: Built 10 bolt& 9inch w/spool

Well, I spoke to his wife yesterday, a very nice lady by the way, about some parts I ordered on the 6th of this month.Eventhough I knew that orders were running up to 3weeks behind according to the info on the internet site before I placed my order, she assured me that my order was recieved and would be shippped asap. She also mentioned having just got back from vacation, and He works full-time job somwhere's else, 2nd shift to boot. She said he was asleep when I called, I believe her. I'm gunna give him the benefit of the doubt, and more time before I worry.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Supreme Member

Received 620 Likes on 521 Posts

I spoke with Ed Miller (Flynbye.com) a couple of days ago looking for a 1LE prop valve.
In conversation I asked how it was going business wise and he replied that he was very busy and still trying to fill existing orders as well as dealing with new ones.
I suspect he works at getting out what he has in stock and deals with the rest on a "squeaky wheel" basis.
For the record, I haven't heard back from him about the prop valve. He was going to check his inventory (which he was doing while I chatted with him) but I elected to cut him loose so he could better concentrate on the task at hand. Maybe I should have kept him on the phone!
My last order (last year for LS1 front brake conversion brackets) was a phone-in order as well. It was completed in a couple of days.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:13 PM

Car: 1987 Iroc-Z28
Engine: 305 TPI
Axle/Gears: G92 3.23, G80, J65 disc

i really wish that there was someway we could help Ed hit it big because me and my dad both are wanting to buy a full brake kit for ours cars, mine, 1987 IROC, dads 1983 Monte Carlo SS. Patience is a virtue my friends and i've heard that his work is worth the wait.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 87 GTA
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Dana M78 3.27 posi

I keep hearing all this about how Ed is months behind on building parts.....Can't answer emails.....Can't answer the phone.......All because he has a "regular 9-5 job", works double shifts there & so on.

I can't help thinking that Ed needs to make a decision. His regular job or his home brake business. If his home brake business is so successful, as is implied, then maybe it is time to quit his "regular" job and expand his home business? If that means hiring a 2nd set of hands to help him? So be it. But if he wasn't working double shifts at his "regular" job, then he should be able to catch up on his home business & expand it even further, without the extra set of hands until business grew even further.

I've wanted to give Ed my $, but I also am not willing to give my $ to anyone then wait months & months & months to get what I paid for. Too much like what the fleaBay scum does (slow delivery of paid for items).

Just my 2 cents on the subject.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:30 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Justin89Formy
Did you have to wait 4+ months?
Actually I pm'd him from here with a general question. He responded quickly. After that its been phonecalls and emails directly to his email addy. Its been hit and miss but between himand Carol (wife), they have apologized repeatedly for the delay and Ed has made sure to take good notes while he has u on the phone, so he doesn't forget what you are looking for specifically. The summer is about over so I'm no longer pressed for time to get what I want, but I still give a ring once every couple weeks or so to see if there is any progress.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:47 PM

My thoughts EXACTLY Stephen, me and my dad are ready to invest a good chunk of money to get some brakes off him. But i totally respect any decision that he makes.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:58 PM

Car: 1987 Monte Carlo SS
Engine: HSR 383 AFR180/268XFI EBL
Transmission: 200-4R, Edge 2800 L/U
Axle/Gears: 7.5/3.73/PowerTrax No-Slip

Originally Posted by Stephen
I keep hearing all this about how Ed is months behind on building parts.....Can't answer emails.....Can't answer the phone.......All because he has a "regular 9-5 job", works double shifts there & so on.

I can't help thinking that Ed needs to make a decision. His regular job or his home brake business. If his home brake business is so successful, as is implied, then maybe it is time to quit his "regular" job and expand his home business? If that means hiring a 2nd set of hands to help him? So be it. But if he wasn't working double shifts at his "regular" job, then he should be able to catch up on his home business & expand it even further, without the extra set of hands until business grew even further.

I've wanted to give Ed my $, but I also am not willing to give my $ to anyone then wait months & months & months to get what I paid for. Too much like what the fleaBay scum does (slow delivery of paid for items).

I bought the front kit for my Monte a few years ago before he became as well known as he is now. I wouldn't hesitate to give him my money again and wait for quality. I'd rather have it right than right now.

As far as him quitting his job and going full tilt with his brake business...have you priced health insurance for a family lately? I'm dealing with a painter right now that I work with. He does body work on the side at his house. My car has been with him for about 3 months and probably has another month to go, but I know when I get it back it will be done right.

I guess having kids has taught me patience.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 88' Iroc-Z
Engine: LQ9
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.42

I ordered a set of brake brackets from him about 10 days ago. Im not worried about how fast they get here. I know how busy he is. I could have got them cheaper elsewhere also, but I'd rather have a high quality part for a little extra money. Plus you can't beat that his parts are zinc coated.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Duts87ss
........I guess having kids has taught me patience.
Preaching to the choir. Single father of 3 here..... 8yr old girl, 14yr old boy & 18 yr old girl here.

Patience with kids is completely difference than patience with a business.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:30 PM

Car: 1986 iroc
Engine: alum. head 350 supercharged
Transmission: 6speed
Axle/Gears: ford 9in 3.90 35 spline moser axles

i ordered some brackets for my 9inch on his site got them in like 2 weeks tried putting them on the moser 9inch welded my flange differently so ed's gonna make me some new ones up when i called him he answered the phone last time i talked to him he was going away for a couple weeks
Old 08-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Supreme Member

All this talk about Ed and I get an email from him earlier this morning with an update on my kit. So for the OP.. yes Ed is still in business, yes Ed is busy with previous orders, yes Ed is a one man show and yes it may take some time to get a fesponse from him. But he is just that... One Man. If you are patient with him, he will make it worth your while. These kits and parts are not sittin on the shelf lie Baer and Wilwood. He is making every kit the way the customer is requesting. There is. Good reason why he is behind on these kits.

Now I agree, a quick phone call or short email stating his receipt of your request would be nice.. and would help put our minds at ease. We can only make suggestions, but his days are 24 hrs long, just like ours. Cut the man some slack. He must be doin something right if we are asking for his services.....
Old 08-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Supreme Member

I apologize if that came off rude to anyone. Just making sure the OP gets the answer they were looking for.

Last edited by Copchaser; 08-26-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1993 GMC Typhoon
Engine: 4.3 Turbo
Transmission: 4L60

you know.. you guys need to stop with these comments like suggesting what someone should do with their life... giving up a 9-5 job to go self employed is a HUGE deal. Ive done it, and its not easy when taking into consideration that now you have to find your own and more expensive Health Insurance, you have to pay for business licenses, and worry about how to propperly do your taxes as a private entity.

you guys really should not be making these kinds of remarks, its rude for one and two it takes a lot to have family time, regular work, and then do a side business. He probably never anticipated the amount of orders comming in.. and to be honest, some of the parts he needs to complete those orders are no longer offered by GM so sourcing them becomes difficult at times.

you have 2 choices, do business with him or not.. if you do, be prepaired for a wait, thats the part of doing business with him, if you're impatient, go to summit or ALCON or Brembo or Wilwood and blow 3x's the money and stop complaining.

Ed's a great guy, always helpful to board members.

"just my 2 cents"
Old 08-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Supreme Member

KillJoy...... HIGH FIVE!!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 1986 Trans am
Engine: 5.3 LM7
Transmission: T56 6 speed
Axle/Gears: Dana 44 w/ 3.55's

Originally Posted by KiLLJ0Y
you know.. you guys need to stop with these comments like suggesting what someone should do with their life... giving up a 9-5 job to go self employed is a HUGE deal. Ive done it, and its not easy when taking into consideration that now you have to find your own and more expensive Health Insurance, you have to pay for business licenses, and worry about how to propperly do your taxes as a private entity.

you guys really should not be making these kinds of remarks, its rude for one and two it takes a lot to have family time, regular work, and then do a side business. He probably never anticipated the amount of orders comming in.. and to be honest, some of the parts he needs to complete those orders are no longer offered by GM so sourcing them becomes difficult at times.

you have 2 choices, do business with him or not.. if you do, be prepaired for a wait, thats the part of doing business with him, if you're impatient, go to summit or ALCON or Brembo or Wilwood and blow 3x's the money and stop complaining.

"just my 2 cents"
I'm sorry to all the Ed followers on here but you guys sound like you have a cult going to try to protect him. I am restoring my car right now and wanted a 1LE proportioning valve from him but after about 4 phone calls and not one answered, I gave up. I have a time frame to get this car done and if waiting 4-6 months for brake parts comes with the order, then he gets none of my business.

I'm glad some of you have so much patience, but when you pay a premium price for a brake kit and then have to wait months and months while your money is held up, theres a problem. I understand he is trying and I understand it is a side business, but theres something to be said about good customer service with a business and personally, I will NEVER send my hard earned money to someone I can't even get ahold of on the phone.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Banned

"just my 2 cents"
I am entitled to my OPINION & THOUGHTS on the subject. No need for you to be making just rude & offense posts like you did above. There was NO CALL for it.

I gave MY THOUGHTS on the subject. He can do whatever he wants to. Sorry, but I'm not joining te Ed Cult with you. :roflmao:

Alcon, Brembo & Summit (or Jegs( are not the only sources of bigger brakes in existence. There are other individuals who actually practice Customer Service.

See above....I haven't worked a "9-5 job", am a single dad (mom died) in 6yrs and have 3 kids. Ed is better off than I am, since he as a wife to help out.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:40 PM

Car: 1986 iroc
Engine: alum. head 350 supercharged
Transmission: 6speed
Axle/Gears: ford 9in 3.90 35 spline moser axles

if you order small parts like brackets and proportioning valves off the site it only takes a couple days to get it it;s the kits that are taking all the time to build have to see it his way too 10 guys want kits he builds them only 3 buy them now he worked all that time making the kits and he has nothing to show for it either works both ways trust me i know
Old 08-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Supreme Member

I am entitled to my OPINION & THOUGHTS on the subject. No need for you to be making just rude & offense posts like you did above. There was NO CALL for it.

I gave MY THOUGHTS on the subject. He can do whatever he wants to. Sorry, but I'm not joining te Ed Cult with you. :roflmao:

Alcon, Brembo & Summit (or Jegs( are not the only sources of bigger brakes in existence. There are other individuals who actually practice Customer Service.

See above....I haven't worked a "9-5 job", am a single dad (mom died) in 6yrs and have 3 kids. Ed is better off than I am, since he as a wife to help out.
you called out Ed and were talling him to make one life decision or another .. this is a SIDE JOB, not a full time one,

did you also forget these kits are PIECED together?? he doesnt manufacture the whole kits..just some parts.. he is also at the mercy of other vendors he gets these parts from, and sometimes those parts are NLA from the manufactures, so he resorts to finding them on ebay or yards or private sales..

these are CUSTOM kits.. not off the shelf, have it ready as soon as the money burned a hole in your pocket, kit.. custom made is custom made..

how about before you place the order, call the guy up and ask what is in stock, what the lead time is.. real people with brains that are on a "dead line" before they tear into their car, do this.. if you didnt, your fault.

an emergency or dead line on your end, doesnt constitute an emergency or deadline on his..

im not on his "cult" but when some one is a friend that has helped me out in the past, i defend them, never met the guy but only spoke to him on the forums. And to be honest, he's one of the very few guys doing brake kits for our cars, and is the only one developing systems with GM parts to use on our cars.. your lack of respect telling him to choose one job over the other is absurd.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Banned

you called out Ed and were talling him to make one life decision or another .. this is a SIDE JOB, not a full time one,

did you also forget these kits are PIECED together?? he doesnt manufacture the whole kits..just some parts.. he is also at the mercy of other vendors he gets these parts from, and sometimes those parts are NLA from the manufactures, so he resorts to finding them on ebay or yards or private sales..

these are CUSTOM kits.. not off the shelf, have it ready as soon as the money burned a hole in your pocket, kit.. custom made is custom made..

how about before you place the order, call the guy up and ask what is in stock, what the lead time is.. real people with brains that are on a "dead line" before they tear into their car, do this.. if you didnt, your fault.

an emergency or dead line on your end, doesnt constitute an emergency or deadline on his..

im not on his "cult" but when some one is a friend that has helped me out in the past, i defend them, never met the guy but only spoke to him on the forums. And to be honest, he's one of the very few guys doing brake kits for our cars, and is the only one developing systems with GM parts to use on our cars.. your lack of respect telling him to choose one job over the other is absurd.
If it takes 6 months + to fill orders, then your doing something wrong. Don't take on more than you can chew, or step up & take care of business. Bottom line. Taking that much shows a serious lack of respect for customers. If you go through the trouble to create a business website, no matter how bad it is....Take care of your business or step aside.

I can't believe you "customers" are so eager to defend a guy who sits on your money for months & months. Summit doesn't do that. Jeg's doesn't do tat. And they deal on WAY more stuff, yet they have no problems filling orders, because they do what it takes to take care of their customers.

I'm amazed that you guys are so defensive over this. It's hilarious really!

And I've done my share of building custom stuff & selling it. I also sipped without issues & kept things up to date, as to availability, so don't give me any song and dance.

We can debate this all day. Point is....Business is business & he's not taking care of it, plain & simple. You can't deny that (or this thread wouldn't even exist).

Last edited by Stephen; 08-26-2010 at 04:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
George Klass (07-08-2022)
Old 08-26-2010, 05:58 PM

well this thread has totally went to ****

I say we let Ed do what he wants to do, if people are willing to have the patience to get a desired part from him then so be it. I'm not defending him in anyway at all, but your comparing him to multi million dollar business' with thousands and thousands of available parts, with hundreds and hundreds of employees doing the job.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Supreme Member

Wow. Your a bonafide *******, aren't you? If it takes 6 months + to fill orders, then your doing something wrong. Don't take on more than you can chew, or step up & take care of business. Bottom line. Taking that much shows a serious lack of respect for customers. If you go through the trouble to create a business website, no matter how bad it is....Take care of your business or step aside.

I can't believe you "customers" are so eager to defend a guy who sits on your money for months & months. Summit doesn't do that. Jeg's doesn't do tat. And they deal on WAY more stuff, yet they have no problems filling orders, because they do what it takes to take care of their customers.

I'm amazed that you guys are so defensive over this. It's hilarious really!

And I've done my share of building custom stuff & selling it. I also sipped without issues & kept things up to date, as to availability, so don't give me any song and dance.

We can debate this all day. Point is....Business is business & he's not taking care of it, plain & simple. You can't deny that (or this thread wouldn't even exist).
ahahhahah its hillarious that you compaired Ed's, small run out of his own house, 1 man operation, to SUMMIT AND JEGS.... and you think im stupid??? ahahhahahaha seriously guy, stop talking, you're making this too easy... and nice way to name call buddy..
Old 08-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LB9Iroc87
......if people are willing to have the patience to get a desired part from him then so be it......omparing him to multi million dollar business' with thousands and thousands of available parts, with hundreds and hundreds of employees doing the job
Just not me nor several others will fork over hundreds of dollars & wait 6+months to get their stuff.

Summit & Jeg's both started as small, 1-man businesses tat grew into family businesses & grew & grew. So Ed is no different that them in their infant days. Business is business. Take care of customers RIGHT, regardless of how big or small you are. No excuses for shoddy customer service, just because your small. Just means you are getting in over your head & not stepping up to the plate & taking care of **** correctly!

Last edited by Stephen; 08-26-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:06 PM

Car: 1987 Monte Carlo SS
Engine: HSR 383 AFR180/268XFI EBL
Transmission: 200-4R, Edge 2800 L/U
Axle/Gears: 7.5/3.73/PowerTrax No-Slip

I think this CD is starting to skip.

So, once he has as much as he can do in a week he should start turning customers away? Then people complain about how stuck-up a company is because they refused to take good money. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I guess there are a lot of people that have had it better in life than me. I've learned to expect things to not go my way and always prepare for things to take much longer than what I'm told. I would rather someone tell me up front that there is a wait (I can then make a decision to purchase or not) than to take my money and not hear from them forever.

Last edited by Duts87ss; 08-26-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:27 AM

hit the nail right on the head, damned if you do damned if you dont.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:35 AM
Supreme Member

i didnt order a whole brake setup from Ed but i did get my brackets today and they are beautiful and include the hardware to mount them to my spindles and to bolt the carrier to the bracket. $75 shipped is a great price for that. Thanks Ed!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:54 AM
Supreme Member

you have 2 choices, do business with him or not.. if you do, be prepaired for a wait, thats the part of doing business with him, if you're impatient, go to summit or ALCON or Brembo or Wilwood
Am I really complaining though? I think I've been MORE than patient. I've asked twice about replacement rotors and pads for my LS1 setup that I bought FROM HIM and asked and CALLED once each about upgraded 10 bolt brakes for my Dana44.

I've been waiting 4+ months and havent been contacted.

At this point I just may have to spend 3x as much with someone else. That doesnt bother me really, but I guess I feel kind of let down that I cant even get a response. I'm ready to buy a rear brake package from the man, and I dont even need it until spring, but I just dont want to order anytthing at $1000 unless I can get a phone call and he tells me it will fit!

Not complaining, just want to make sure my $1000 purchase will work.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Justin89Formy
Am I really complaining though? I think I've been MORE than patient. I've asked twice about replacement rotors and pads for my LS1 setup that I bought FROM HIM and asked and CALLED once each about upgraded 10 bolt brakes for my Dana44.

I've been waiting 4+ months and havent been contacted.

At this point I just may have to spend 3x as much with someone else. That doesnt bother me really, but I guess I feel kind of let down that I cant even get a response. I'm ready to buy a rear brake package from the man, and I dont even need it until spring, but I just dont want to order anytthing at $1000 unless I can get a phone call and he tells me it will fit!

Not complaining, just want to make sure my $1000 purchase will work.
I will be straight with you Justin, I completely see your side about not wanting (or liking) to wait for your setup. Same with Stephen and Whitedevil. I too would have a major issue if I waited four months and did not get a response. I guess my situation is different because I call every two weeks, so I know whats going on. Im sure they are sick of hearing my voice on their machine or seeing my number on the caller ID, but I am going to make sure I keep track of my money and my product.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:22 PM

Car: 1992 Camaro RS, 66 Mustang, 78 t/a
Engine: 5.0 TBI, 289, 400
Transmission: 700R4, C4, th350

if it's so much to handle, then he should stop taking orders until it's under control.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Supreme Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am, 92 Firebird
Engine: 408 sbc, 3.1L of raw power
Transmission: TKO600, T5
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 3:70 trutac, 3:23 torsion

Originally Posted by 92 Camaro
if it's so much to handle, then he should stop taking orders until it's under control.
unfortunately, you cant run a business like that. Its better to have more work than you can handle, than it is to turn away work, especially in this economy.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:39 PM

Car: 86 IROC
Engine: 350 ZZ4
Transmission: TKO-600

If he ever gets back to you on that subject I'd love to get a 1le prop valve as well. I emailed him weeeks and weeks ago about it. As far as I know he's the only person that can get those new? If anyone else knows where I could buy a 1le prop valve i'd love to know. I tried to give him $1500 + for a brake kit a little while back and it took a few months for him to get the order together and going... Kind of a bummer the guy with the good stuff takes so long

Originally Posted by skinny z
I spoke with Ed Miller (Flynbye.com) a couple of days ago looking for a 1LE prop valve.
In conversation I asked how it was going business wise and he replied that he was very busy and still trying to fill existing orders as well as dealing with new ones.
I suspect he works at getting out what he has in stock and deals with the rest on a "squeaky wheel" basis.
For the record, I haven't heard back from him about the prop valve. He was going to check his inventory (which he was doing while I chatted with him) but I elected to cut him loose so he could better concentrate on the task at hand. Maybe I should have kept him on the phone!
My last order (last year for LS1 front brake conversion brackets) was a phone-in order as well. It was completed in a couple of days.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 1989 GTA
Engine: SuperRam 350
Transmission: Pro Built S/S TH700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Interesting thread. This reminds me of the AS&M large tube runners group purchase that went on about 4 years ago on this site. I got in on it and waited....and waited....and waited some more. Of the 30 or so people that ordered, it took about 5 months before anybody got any orders filled. And then it was 2-3 people per month getting their runners in. Sometimes none. After 9 months, I threw in the towel and went SuperRam instead. We later found out that AS&M was filling new customer's orders ahead of ours. Worse still, some of the people that finally got the LTR's had warping problems that affected fitment. Sending them back to AS&M meant long waits to get the product back. It left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths. Mine included.

I haven't ordered brakes from Ed. But at some point in the future, I wouldn't mind. The quality is obviously good or there wouldn't be as many fans of his on TGO. But if it comes down to waiting months for a product to show, that's simply too long. If you're told up front that it's going to be weeks or months on end, at least that's somewhat better. But a business person has to hold up to their time deadlines, even and especially when they're stated into the future.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Supreme Member

received my brackets 2 days ago. it was 10 days including the weekends i ordered on a thursday i believe. so good job ed
Old 08-30-2010, 02:35 AM

Car: '91 Camaro Z28
Engine: 383 Vortec HSR
Transmission: Pro-Built 700-R4;Vig 4000 stall
Axle/Gears: Moser M9 9" / 3.89

I ordered a rear LS1 kit from Ed, which included his custom e-brake cables, powder-coated calipers+backing plates in a specific color, stainless steel hard lines (vs the standard hard lines), custom braided flex lines, and to top it all--a new 1le prop valve that everyone told me would be impossible to find.

Ed came through and I was a happy customer. Did it take a while?, sure. I got exactly what I ordered though and would be glad to place another order in the future if need be.

To the OP: sorry to hear you're having trouble reaching Ed. Hopefully he will chime in on this thread or give you a call. I would probably call his # again and just ask him for an update. Be patient with him, and he will do his best to get you those parts. He certainly went out of his way for me on my order.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Supreme Member

he did an awesome job for me when I got his complete assembled LS1 brakes like 2 or 3 years ago too. This is why i'm trying to go back to him again! But man...i dont know lol
Old 08-30-2010, 07:33 PM

Car: 1989 Mystery Firebird
Engine: 350 FIRST TPI

Originally Posted by RevItUpZ28
I ordered a rear LS1 kit from Ed, which included his custom e-brake cables, powder-coated calipers+backing plates in a specific color, stainless steel hard lines (vs the standard hard lines), custom braided flex lines, and to top it all--a new 1le prop valve that everyone told me would be impossible to find.

Ed came through and I was a happy customer. Did it take a while?, sure. I got exactly what I ordered though and would be glad to place another order in the future if need be.

To the OP: sorry to hear you're having trouble reaching Ed. Hopefully he will chime in on this thread or give you a call. I would probably call his # again and just ask him for an update. Be patient with him, and he will do his best to get you those parts. He certainly went out of his way for me on my order.

how much did that go for.... i wanna upgrade my rear setup on my 9bolt...
Old 08-31-2010, 12:41 AM
Supreme Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: Vortec headed 355, xe262
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt 3.70

Originally Posted by //<86TA>\\
unfortunately, you cant run a business like that. Its better to have more work than you can handle, than it is to turn away work, especially in this economy.
I wouldnt tolerate it. You want to take your time delivering the product, I'll take my time giving you hte money for it. There are other venders who are more punctual and communicative - deal with them instead. Unless you just like to give money to people who disappear and dont give you anything for it until they feel like it 6 months later.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Supreme Member

Guys I just emailed Ed about the LS1 rear brake package and he messaged me back in less than a day! Maybe he was just busy over the summer but he responded and answered all my questions promptly..
Old 08-31-2010, 11:08 AM

Car: 84 TA,69 camaro,81 vet 92 vet
Engine: 400
Axle/Gears: 3:73

I have to add another 2 cents to this AGAIN.

1. If you are unhappy get your money back and it ends there.
2. He is a 1 man setup at home. He does not make everything himself, so he has to wait for his suppliers to send him his stuff. He has the brackets cut by a guy with a laser cutter. He then drilles and taps parts and sends them out for plating. This alone can take 12 weeks. GM has not had Ls1 and c5 abutment brackets for 8 months. The dealers that have them have driven the price off the wall. I ordered a new set of E-brake backing plates from GM 180.00 each and had to wait 6 weeks. Auto parts
stores use to sell complete calipers w/brackets, they claim they have them until you order and they the can't get them. As a little guy he can't spend thousands of dollars to put 100 sets of 1 setup on the shelf and wait to sell them.
3. This man has a family he has to think of them first, yes it a small business but he has to keep his main job. I give a big thumbs up for that.
4. This man has steped up and made things fit and work with ease of install for us motor heads. He is there with new setups that work bringing new tech to our older cars.
5. Comparing him to summit and jegs is just wrong, it is apples to oranges. They drop ship a good deal of their stuff, it is not stocked by them.
6. If you don't feel you will get what you want fast enough go elsewhere STOP dumping on this guy like a bunch of spoiled babies. Like I said if the wait has been to long get your money back and move on. NO harn no foul.

SORRY guys but I had to let my feeling out on this one. If I offend anyone sorry!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:08 PM

Last time I checked, the name of this board was "Aftermarket Vendor Review" and next to that it says "Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body". Sure seems like flynbye.com fits into that category. So... if you dont like the negative opinions, I have a suggestion. I would not call people who do not share your opinion of 4 months being ok as "spoiled babies" and I'd suggest you cry your river elsewhere.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Supreme Member

Last chance. Just called and left a message. Also emailed bigbrakeupgrade.com too. edit: got a call back within 15 minutes lol

Last edited by Justin89Formy; 09-03-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Supreme Member

Ed called you back or BigBrakeUpgrade.com?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: flynbye.com/Ed Miller/EBMilller brakes - poor service!