Members Camaros Post pictures and information about your Third Gen Sport Coupe, Berlinetta, LT, RS, Z28, and IROC-Z28 Camaros!

Custom Camaro Tail Lights (Grid Pattern)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89' IROC-Z
Engine: LO3
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10-Bolt/2.73
Custom Camaro Tail Lights (Grid Pattern)

Looking for that custom look, that feeling of originality, well look no further because me and many other TGO members have set a path for custom tail lights mainly for individuality but also to get another product out there for us camaro guys.

Check here for more information.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/grou...ww-klearz.html
Old 01-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1987 Camaro SC
Engine: 305
Re: Custom Camaro Tail Lights (Grid Pattern)

the Dark Smoked are cool. But not 200 bucks cool...
Old 01-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Supreme Member

This is the estimate right now, it is not official and may be more or less, we wont know until we have all the down payments in and they get their set of tail lights to start mold making.

Plus we are also trying to get full replacements as these are lenses only.

Any help would be appreciated, maybe when the product is finished Im hoping you change your mind. please check back for updates.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 RS Camaro, 75 L82 Corvette
Engine: LO3, 383 Stroker
Transmission: 700R4, TH400
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.23 posi/LS1 discs, stock

Here are some photoshops of what we can expect. All the orders don't have to be the same, YOU specify what you want when you order.

I plan on doing all red with clear reverse to replace the painted lenses I have now.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Smoked red ones look good. Not worth the money though...
Old 01-31-2008, 12:43 PM
Supreme Member

Thats why we are trying to get these out there, so maybe they can be cheaper, and the fact of having actual aftermarket lenses in whatever style you want instead of these clear plexiglass look-alikes that are out there is a nice feeling.

That and I want that custom look around my area, as everyone paints theirs (and has that amber tint still), and mine will be new lenses smoked red with dark smoked reverse without any amber tint or off color reds. That and they are doing our front & side markers as well as our third brake light.

Last edited by I H8 WWD; 01-31-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTT for the clear ones!

$200 is a steal for the pair if they are even half way decent quality!

side markers are still widely available in clear on ebay by the same company that's been making them, glad to see someone else is jumping in though as it should drive the price down from $30 to something less.

They should run a clear marker, corner and tail lense setup for $260 +reasonable shipping, that would be nice and if they last a year on a daily driver car well worth the investment.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:45 AM
Supreme Member

don't know how late this is but i sent them an email as if they are making them i'll jump in for a set and if they are good enough pick up a few more. just waiting to hear back on the mold process and wether they are using old lenses or new.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Kandied91z
TTT for the clear ones!

$200 is a steal for the pair if they are even half way decent quality!

side markers are still widely available in clear on ebay by the same company that's been making them, glad to see someone else is jumping in though as it should drive the price down from $30 to something less.

They should run a clear marker, corner and tail lense setup for $260 +reasonable shipping, that would be nice and if they last a year on a daily driver car well worth the investment.
Well they would need 20 orders for each excluding the tails as those are in production NOW. I need 20 orders for side markers AND front markers.

I would like to get a kit to match my tails and such but need 20 per piece.

Plus with these we can go as dark or as light or any color we want...with the markers and tails...
Old 02-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Supreme Member

that's too complicated and i think your asking for trouble with the tinting levels. i truly feel you should tint them yourself to the desired darkeness.

however the clear and even colored is a good idea. i spoke with them and they confirmed that they are using resin molds and not silicone which is at least a good thing.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 RS, 84 El Camino conquista RIP
Engine: 5.0 (for now)
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 2.xx torsen limited slip & 3.42 ope

yes you are doing something we all want but we drive camaros not vettes or BMWs we are not willing to pay 200 bucks for half a tail light. it is not even the whole brake light justy the lense. Godd idea A for effort but c- for exacution.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Kandied91z
that's too complicated and i think your asking for trouble with the tinting levels. i truly feel you should tint them yourself to the desired darkeness.

however the clear and even colored is a good idea. i spoke with them and they confirmed that they are using resin molds and not silicone which is at least a good thing.
How am I asking for trouble? I have seen their work and know what they can do...so where is the trouble? I dont see what you mean?

If I tint them myself with nightshade I get a DUMB matte look, if I use actual tint I can get bubbles and possibility of peeling.

I guess Im looking for an explanation towards what your saying...
----------
Originally Posted by ryan91rs
yes you are doing something we all want but we drive camaros not vettes or BMWs we are not willing to pay 200 bucks for half a tail light. it is not even the whole brake light justy the lense. Godd idea A for effort but c- for exacution.
I agree, but $200 for something NO 1 has at all...just a bunch of imitations instead. Not to mention the LED kit I am getting for this as well, so it will end up being REALLY good looking and because the LED kit goes behnd the lenses, Ill already have the lenses off and brand new ones being installed.

So actually this is the best bet for me, I want LEDs and black tails...and now Ill have my chance at them.

Thanks for your comments though, all are needed.

Last edited by I H8 WWD; 02-13-2008 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Supreme Member

anytime your asking for a company to pick a particular color level for example having variations of tint or even variations of red lets say it's just trouble... i'm not saying don't do it after all if they are willing i'm just saying that's alot of money for something that you can do yourself. the clear to me makes sense as you can't do that yourself however.

as far as using nightshade i understand your frustration however properly prepped that or other tinted clears can be added to your tails and they look 100% perfessional and accurate. if you don't have access to do that i can see why you would want the ladder but to me knowing i can pull up next to you with lights looking the same for a few hours of my time and $10 would frustrate most.

clears or colors other then red you obviously won't see that around..

i'm not against you in any way, great idea for pushing forward as i tried myself and ran into many dead ends and paid much more in the end to have mine which is why i jumped on the band wagon and emailed them asking about their process to verify what they had going on. for $200 it isn't a steal no but it definately isn't unreasonable. now if they were mass marketing these lenses and people were actually buying them then yes i'd say they should drop the price a little... if clear markers are $60 a pair do you really think you can buy a whole lense for the same or similar price? not you directly but people reading this...

anyhow keep up what your doing, if you personally want to spend $200 to have tinted tails knowing it will look the way you want who's to argue that in the end anyhow? sometimes it's worth paying a little more knowing you get what you want.

Originally Posted by I H8 WWD
How am I asking for trouble? I have seen their work and know what they can do...so where is the trouble? I dont see what you mean?

If I tint them myself with nightshade I get a DUMB matte look, if I use actual tint I can get bubbles and possibility of peeling.

I guess Im looking for an explanation towards what your saying...
----------

I agree, but $200 for something NO 1 has at all...just a bunch of imitations instead. Not to mention the LED kit I am getting for this as well, so it will end up being REALLY good looking and because the LED kit goes behnd the lenses, Ill already have the lenses off and brand new ones being installed.

So actually this is the best bet for me, I want LEDs and black tails...and now Ill have my chance at them.

Thanks for your comments though, all are needed.
----------
mine cost more then a vette or bmw combined, does that mean anything....? should and doesn't mean much. in fact my other 3 factory looking thirdgens cost more then some model vettes and bmw's that are on the road today.

it isn't about the money it's about getting what you need. as their site says $500 range for a one off set isn't even that out of the question if things are done nicely. it is unfortunate as there may be some people who would love to have them but can't afford them but that's the breaks in life..

it's difficult to find a company to do something like this so you're going to have to expect to pay a little more to have something rare like this. if you don't want it don't buy it right?

Last edited by Kandied91z; 02-13-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Supreme Member

I completely understand.

But if I tint or shade my stock tails I will always have the off color as it will still be red/amber underneath....you see what I mean.

I want clear but dark enough to not show the LED boards through. Since the company making the LED kits for our cars are making stock colors White reverse, amber turn and red brake....I cant use the all red option or clear...

Well time will tell I guess and Ill post pics when I get mine.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Pair of 92 Z28s

"we"

Im not part of your "we". Nor do i want to be. $200 is a steal for aftermarket reproduction tail lights on these cars. Its comparable to the prices for aftermarket lights for any other cars. There is not the same kind of demand for third gen parts then say a 4th gen or a mustang. If the company delivers a good product at that low of a price i say we take it while we can get them.

Some of us spend much more then our cars are worth to get them where we want them like myself...and i am more then willing to pay $200 for "half" a tail light. If you ever tried to take apart these lights you would see there is no reason to replace them unless they were droped or hit with a hammer. The lens is the only real part we need. They crack the most and fade. The backs of the lights just get dirty.

The tail lights on these cars are the only real exterior part left that hasn't been reproduced in some way. With the low demand for any aftermarket specific third gen parts, for a company to even show interest in lights for these cars is great. I hope it all goes well, i would love to see some variations of lights available.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Supreme Member

Stock lenses are $150-$200....so for aftermarket lenses in colors we want for $200 doesnt seem to bad to me. Very well said Stevo
Old 04-09-2008, 09:06 PM

Car: 1991 Z28
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700R4 w/2600 stall
Axle/Gears: 3.73

I agree, that's a good price to have a choice for anything but stock.
I HATE the amber on the lens & I would love to get rid of it.
I'm in for sure, if this actually goes to a production stage.
I'm investing in new head & parking lights this summer, as well as chrome emblems, so I'll be able to finish the look off w/new tail lights!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1985 Camaro, 1986 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0L carbed and 5.0L TPI
Transmission: TH700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23 and 3.27 posi

$200 is not at all unreasonable. Hell, I paid $50 for one stock grid-style light out of the junkyard and $60 + shipping for the other one off ebay (junkyard never seems to have a matching set).
Old 04-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 89 IROC
Engine: 305 TPI / ZZ4 cam
Transmission: Stage 2 700R4, LS1 driveshaft
Axle/Gears: Strange 3.42 w/ Auburn

Just signed up. $200 for custom tail lights in all red isn't a bad price.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:58 PM

Car: 91 z28 camaro
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 410 posi

Anyone still have the clear/white tail lamps as a LH & RH set for sale? interested in finding a pair!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 3rd-gen's 4life
Anyone still have the clear/white tail lamps as a LH & RH set for sale? interested in finding a pair!
I know of this set.
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exte...earz-tail.html