Theoretical and Street Racing Use this board to ask questions about street racing, discuss your street races, and "who would win?" questions. Keep it safe.

Penalty for engaging in police pursuit?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Car: 1986 Trans am
Engine: 5.3 LM7
Transmission: T56 6 speed
Axle/Gears: Dana 44 w/ 3.55's
Penalty for engaging in police pursuit?

Hi all....kind of embarassing to say, but I recently made a split decision to run from the police SUV that caught me burning out. Figured I'd outrun him, and I did burn him good and lost him for about 7 or 8 mins. Then I pulled into a warehouse lot to hide. There was another officer who happened to be on the street there that just caught me last minute out of the corner of his eye and pulled in after me. Needless to say I had 6 cruisers surrounding me and got taken down to the station. They were nice and obviously knew I wasn't hiding anything...they were even complimenting me on my driving and wondering how I burned them so bad, lol (by the way this was in my 08 Shelby stang). But anyways, I got out of there with a court date and a ticket of wreckless driving and engaging in police pursuit. The cops told me I'd probably get out with a slap on the wrist and a decent fine....maybe some community service. Has anyone here gotten these offenses and if so do you have any idea what the fine will be? I had a clean record before this....stupid I know, but I felt like I had big ***** that day and I guess I just had this itching to try it. Well it didn't work!
Old 12-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Pew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 90 camaro
Engine: 355
Transmission: t10
Axle/Gears: 9" with 4.88's
Re: Penalty for engaging in police pursuit?

It never works. Ive never tried it never gonna. I've know people who have tried it resulted in hefty fines, loss of licence, and comunity service.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 88 Formula 350
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 9" 3.89

At least you tried to run in a fast car... I tried to run in my 1994 9C1 Caprice... but I didn't get ticketed for running... Only Street Racing.

Too bad I wasn't in the Bird that day...
Old 12-11-2009, 05:52 AM

Car: 89 20th Ann. TA
Engine: Turbo 3.8 V6
Transmission: 200 4R
Axle/Gears: 3.27

Better lawyer up now as it will probably be the only way to get out of it.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 87 GTA, 88 GTA, 92 TA, 72 RS SS
Engine: 350, 350, 305, 396
Transmission: T56, 700r4, 700r4, T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42, 3.23, 3.23, 3.73

My advice is do not go to court without a lawyer. I got caught running from the law when I was 19, got charged with attempting to elude, wreckless endangerment, and wreckless driving. I found a lawyer that said he could take care of it and he did. I walked away from all of it with a $1100.00 fine and no trace of it on my record, not even the arrest.

You were lucky with how you were treated by the cops, I was arrested at gunpoint and then had to set in the backseat of the cruiser and watch the cops tear apart my interior in my 1991 z28 convertible and had to listen to most of 20 cops on the scene try to make say something smart so they could ruff me up, I just kept quite
Old 12-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by battman
My advice is do not go to court without a lawyer. I got caught running from the law when I was 19, got charged with attempting to elude, wreckless endangerment, and wreckless driving. I found a lawyer that said he could take care of it and he did. I walked away from all of it with a $1100.00 fine and no trace of it on my record, not even the arrest.

You were lucky with how you were treated by the cops, I was arrested at gunpoint and then had to set in the backseat of the cruiser and watch the cops tear apart my interior in my 1991 z28 convertible and had to listen to most of 20 cops on the scene try to make say something smart so they could ruff me up, I just kept quite
Wow that sucks about how they treated you! I would have flipped if I saw them tearing my car apart. I straight out said to the one that cuffed me that if I so much as see a scratch or scuff anywhere on the car there was going to be hell to pay. He just asked me if I bought it new, and I said yes, and he assured me it would be fine, lol. I really can't complain...they were awesome guys. All of them seemed like car guys to an extent. Now I'm just concerned about how I'll get off in court. Is a lawyer really necesary? It wasn't a heated chase where I almost took out other cars or people. I just took off down a few back roads and tried to hide. I mean, if it's a matter of losing my license I can get a lawyer but I'd rather not. Like I said my record was spot clean. Isn't a lawyer expensive too?
Old 12-11-2009, 10:59 AM

Car: 85 Camaro IROC
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: open rear, 3.42 gears

fwiw, if you get a lawyer, do some research on how the lawyer treats cases like this.
some lawyers have a secret agenda and you don't find out until they show up 15 min late then proceed to tell the judge that their client took a defensive driving class and would like 1 mph taken off the ticket...
what happened with me was i got a wreckless driving charge when i was driving way too fast on a 55 mph road and flew by a land cruiser at about 90. the land cruiser calls the cops (i think it was him at least) then begins to chase me. i had a good 1/8 mile on him before he gets up to speed and i have since slowed down to about 65 but he is tearing up my **** at 90+... well, he gets a bit closer and wouldnt you know it, that cop he called in comes going the other way
he must have slammed on the brakes but i, knowing i was only 10 over, ignored him
then i see flashing lights in my mirror

i get a ticket for 78 when i KNOW i was only doing 65
he gets pulled over as well but is let go.

i get my speedo checked and that buys me 3 mph, so i take a driving class and hope for the best.

at this point i am convinced to get a lawyer by my dad.
basically i paid the guy $1100 to brush me off, show up late, and say literally 6 or so words to the judge.
i need to be a lawyer come to think of it.
he had this dumb grin on his face after he spoke to the judge and i couldnt figure out why until after i realized he was done...

all in all, i ended up with a ticket for 19 over so it wasn't reckless, but grrr.

Last edited by RED_DRAGON_85; 12-11-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:00 AM
AC
Supreme Member

Car: Used to drive a camaro

Wow, this has to be one of the dumbest things I've read in awhile. In today's times you see people, kids even getting tased for speaking wrongly, none the less trying to outrun a cop. You live in CT!!! have you not seen the news lately with all the officers being shot, shooting suspects, involved in chases.

IMO, you better lawyer up and not worry about the cost, otherwise worry about what mood the judge is in when you get there to court. Get a public defender at least or you're rolling the dice. As me how I know, I went through all of this about 15 years ago.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by AC
Wow, this has to be one of the dumbest things I've read in awhile. In today's times you see people, kids even getting tased for speaking wrongly, none the less trying to outrun a cop. You live in CT!!! have you not seen the news lately with all the officers being shot, shooting suspects, involved in chases.

IMO, you better lawyer up and not worry about the cost, otherwise worry about what mood the judge is in when you get there to court. Get a public defender at least or you're rolling the dice. As me how I know, I went through all of this about 15 years ago.
And if you don't mind me asking, what was the outcome? I am just curious what to expect. As I said, the officers told me what they though I'd most likely get as a penalty, but I want some real life examples. Plus, wouldn't a lawyer make you look more guilty?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:32 PM
AC
Supreme Member

Last edited by AC; 12-12-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 88 Formula 350
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 9" 3.89

You don't think the cops are going to screw you over? I wouldn't trust them... And the judge could be a **** about it... lets see... judge sees evading... and i bet he will give you a bad penalty... sometimes the judge wont suspend your license, but when the dmv sees the charge, THEY will suspend it.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by AC
A laywer is supposed to know the law better than a common man. Having one doesn't make you look guilty, they are supposed to be there to not make you get screwed. My outcome was loss of license for a year and almost 2k in fines, plus insurance went up. If your 25 and under, ask the insurance company for a complimentary tube of KY (kidding).
Oh I'm sure I'll get a few complimentary bottles of it in the mail once they catch wind of this haha. You must have had a good run....that seems STEEP! They didn't even see me do anything. The suv pulled out behind me, I took off and lost him in like 2 seconds by taking a side road, and before he even turned in to the same road, I was gone down a different one. Then the other cruiser just saw me turning into the warehouse...not speeding or anything, and it was over. They have no evidence that I was wrecklessly driving other than when I took off on the suv for those few seconds, and I was about 1/3 mile in front of him when he did pull out to follow me. Thats why I hope the outcome leads in my favor.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:51 PM
AC
Supreme Member

Last edited by AC; 12-12-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:06 PM

Car: 1991 pontiac Firebird
Engine: 305 tbi, Lo3 (for now)
Transmission: auto
Axle/Gears: stock (for now)

Im not sure about where you are, but Im almost sure, fleeing to evade is a felony in TN anyway. That isnt a slap on the wrist either. Thats loss of licence, fines, possible jail time, and possible community service.

And dont believe the officers, or trust how nice they were. Im not downing cops either, as Im sure they were cool about it, but they can be over-ridden by a shift supervisor, or the sherrif or judge. My brother was a cop, and when I wrecked a car, without insurance (a then new state law) he called a friend on duty to take care of me. His friend didnt write me a ticket for being uninsured, and it was a one vehicle accident. The shift supervisor however reported it, and it wound up on my report.

I agree with the others: lawyer up, expect the worst, and bring your own lube. Its probably gonna hurt.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 87 Iroc-Z
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: 700-r4
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Sounds like you havent had too many run ins with the police. You will see why everyone hates those worthless scumbags. go talk to a couple of lawyers and ask them how they will handle your case. You will be amazed when each one has a different plan of attack and possible outcome. SHOP AROUND this is one time you dont get what you pay for, just because they charge alot doesnt mean they will do anything, some are out to help people and some just want their wallets to get fat. And never let them search your car its never legal and sometimes the case can be thrown out because of that, probable cause doesn't hold up.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:10 PM

Car: 91 & 88 GTA, 89 Formy, 89 bird
Engine: 3 - 350 TPI, 305 TBI
Transmission: All 700R4's
Axle/Gears: unknown

You were right to call yourself stupid.

Spinning your tires would of been exibition driving or a warning and that would be that.

The fact that the police were polite to you is amazing.

Usually the initial meeting with a lawyer is free. Interview with several before retaining their services. Finding out thier plan of defense is key.
Most Judges and District Attorneys DO NOT TAKE KINDLY to anyone trying to evade the police. Usually you become the example and charges can be ammended at the court house.

Weigh the increase of insurance spread out over 5 or more years and then consider the cost of a lawyer.

Anything other than a speeding ticket, I would contact my lawyer!!

Good Luck with the outcome - Don't be stupid again!
Old 12-12-2009, 05:25 AM
Supreme Member

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Car: 92 Lingenfelter Z28 articwhite
Engine: Aluminum 615BBC
Transmission: Th400wbrake/curri entps9" locker
Axle/Gears: 4.11/4.30/4.56

iv done it 3 times in my life.. all street racing.. standing start..
1st1984 2nd1987(Las Vegas NV) and the last time in 2000..(Spokane WA)

have been pulled over more then most of you im sure.. i can post my driving history...it's all clean now..at 1 time i had 18 FTA's...LOL
(ALL out of Las Vegas)
all for trafic stops.. (HOT ROD)spent a week in jail just to get them all Fixed. when i got stoped my first day back Home.. on leav..out of 10 days 7 of them i was locked up...lol

the 3 times i did run.
all 3 times 1 copcar.. stops 2 street racers.. i have been lucky.. i always made sure i was the first car all the way forward.. when pulling to the side. as soon as the officer gets out and starts walking up to the car thats in back of me...IM GONE!! 2 times the other car did not know me
1 time i was racing a buddy.. he did not rat!...lol

would i do it a 4th time.. dont know...

side note: i never paid any fines.. in the 80's.
Back in Las Vegas. it all stated within the state.
if you never ever went back.. your free... and after 10 years.
it's all wiped Clean.. when i was in the U.S.M.C. i had to get CHECKED OUT. for a few things my unit was doing. about mid 90's.. LONG STORY SHORT I HAD ALL THE FINES TO PAY OFF
back in Vegas.. $1490.00.. got the total from the gal at the court house.. got a money order.. called 1 last time to make sure. this would do it.. she was on the phone. with me and told me to hang on for a sec.. came back on the phone.. and told me..you know all this stuff it over 10 years old.. and put me back on hold... after another 5 mins.. she told me it's all taken care of..

I was like..wwhhat? she told me it was not taken off the books like it should have been.. she took care of it.. it's going to be off my record also.. GONE!... thats what i get for staying away from Home for 18 years...lol and i got to spend the $1490 on stuff i wanted...lol

i have had my car towed..
Been called a dirt bag (by cops) nice girl scouts!
i have been hit by cops.. ( I hit back)Officer David Moody
of the las Vegas PD.. Hows that head...
top of spring MT road. back in 87 about 80 hot roders all say he hit me first..(the truth)i got off with a 100 donation to the injrd police men fund. as he hit me first.. and he got a week off. go fig...
another thing why i never wanted to go back to Las Vegas..

that 100 was a donation..not a fine.. but it was court orderd.
i did get a little somthing to hang on my wall.. saying i gave a 100 buck to cops who get bent on the Job...

Last edited by articwhiteZ; 12-12-2009 at 05:54 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:37 AM

Car: 04 Jetta
Engine: 1.8t AWP
Transmission: 5spd

haha i outran the cops twice in my jetta... just gotta be smart in a weird dumbassie way cept the one time i wasnt really running i was doing the speed limit haha. And if the cop claims to have a video of u racing a yellow neon and dosent even know what kinda car he was racing dont believe him haha i raced my buddies neon i won i was ahead doing the speed limit and the cop got him i backtracked parked next to my huge bronco and covered the car haha. Damn cop said there was huge black marks from us "peeling out" when i didnt even spin tire. long story short buddy tried asking to see the video in court and ended up getting yelled at by the judge for asking for evidence that didnt even exsit haha Just pull over haha
Old 12-13-2009, 05:18 PM

Here in TN and VA they have increased the penalties. There was a bad crash a few years ago, resulting from a race, and they got tough. Now, they take your license indefinitely, and crush the car, period. Its become a lesson to the punks who dont want to pay $10 to go to the local track and race.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by DrummerDad
Here in TN and VA they have increased the penalties. There was a bad crash a few years ago, resulting from a race, and they got tough. Now, they take your license indefinitely, and crush the car, period. Its become a lesson to the punks who dont want to pay $10 to go to the local track and race.
Thats the problem here...there is no local track, and the closest one is over an hour drive, and 20 bucks for the day, plus all the gas you go through there and back. Then god forbid you want to do SCCA style racing which I do, you have to go through all the courses to get the license and then it's 200$ a day!!! People can't afford to race legally anymore! Thats why me and all my freinds do it on the street. I know it's not safe, and you chance the police, but in this economy, it's the only way weve got. The favors are no longer in the car enthusiests hands these days and it sucks, because I'm definately way more partial to doing it legally.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:34 PM

Car: 87' Camaro
Engine: 305 carbed
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 2.73

if the cop turns his lights on while going the other way and turning around to get me, or while stopped on the side of the road i punch it and go... but i've only had that happen twice. once i was already doing 90 in a 60 and he was going the other way, turned his lights on as he was making a u turn behind me so i just punched it, got it up to about 120-130 and took the third exit. and again when i was pulling out of the local krogers parking lot, i left a little bit of scratch pulling out and this cop in the pakringlot across the street turned his lights on before he even pulled out. the road had a bit of a bend to it so i punched it till i was a couple blocks ahead and out of sight and pulled into a carwash to hide.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:02 PM

Car: BMW 330i ///M Sport
Engine: M54 DOHC I6
Transmission: 5 speed
Axle/Gears: Stock

running from them is hella fun, enjoy the thrill ride, but expect to pay for it when you get caught. plus all they need to do is get your plates... by the time you get home the local pd will be sitting on your front door step with handcuffs. i know too many people who have gotten serious fines doing that crap... very seldomly does anyone get away without any reprecussions.

i'd love to have a chase like the one in gone in 60 seconds without wrecking my car or getting a ticket
Old 12-13-2009, 11:22 PM

Car: 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.
Engine: 385 stroker sbc
Transmission: TKO600
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" 3.70 Wavetrac

Spinning your tires would of been exibition driving or a warning and that would be that.
NO NO NO NO NO

Spinning your tires is pure stunting. The prosecutor gave me the low down of everything. One day I was driving, turned left on a yellow (i was sitting in the intersection, light turned yellow and i went) my tires chirped a little, then 2 more cars behind me ran the red. Then I cont. down the road at 70 then a fricken cop pulls me over gives me a careless driving ticket ($402) saying i ran a red light and ripped through construction. And i beaked him a little and he just issued the ticket and drove away. so i went and spoke to the prosecutor and he apologized and stuff, and read me the cops notes, and it said an rcmp broadcasted that a red van ran a red light, not a maroon firebird. And that this cop was just being an *******. So long story short the charges were dropped and the prosecutor told me everything about how they issue tickets and charges and stuff.
And spinning the tires will get you more than a warning.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:20 AM

Car: 85 Camaro IROC
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: open rear, 3.42 gears

Originally Posted by Stangski09
Spinning your tires is pure stunting
And spinning the tires will get you more than a warning.
depends on where you are.
around here, its called "excessive display of power"
heck, you can even get a ticket for "un-necessary acceleration"
ive gotten warned about it before.

i was at a light and wanted to see how fast i could get to 45 without going over
speed limit was 45.

i rolled into gas on green and floored it.
tires never spun, but a cop making a right at the intersection saw it and pulled me saying that i could get a ticket for un-necessary acceleration or something like that.
my argument was "my tires didnt spin" and she said that was a different ticket. this was basically to prevent street racing by an all encompassing ticket if the racing part could not be proven, or if there was only one car involved ect...
Old 12-14-2009, 09:49 AM

Car: 87 Iroc-Z
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: 700-r4
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Here in texas i got a "exhibition of performance" ticket for pulling out of my uphill gravel drive way and when my tires caught the road and made a little screech. The cop bends a corner and pulls me over with a speech about how ill kill myself driving like that.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:02 AM

Car: 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA.
Engine: 385 stroker sbc
Transmission: TKO600
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" 3.70 Wavetrac

Oh ****, sorry. I'm in Canada. Haha the dude never said anything around the lines of exhibition of performance and that stuff.
And actually he told me as long as you don't go over the speed limit it doesnt matter how quick you accelerate as long as they dont spin or screech..
Old 12-16-2009, 11:43 PM

Car: 91 Z-28
Engine: 360TPI
Transmission: PA Racing 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3:73

I dont know man, I got it ruff in my old bird... Some-how got the whole thing on tape...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaHVBov1ajo

haha
Old 12-17-2009, 10:19 AM

Car: 92 camaro rs
Engine: 3.4v6 sc
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.73s

lol out run the laurel town cops all the time only one of them knows how i am
Old 12-19-2009, 09:49 PM

Car: 87 camaro
Engine: 350
Transmission: 5-speed

my only major traffic violation was a bogus reckless driving charge by a southington cop. he pulled me over in bristol, about 2 miles from briarwood college. knowing i did absolutely nothing to deserve that kind of charge (i thought it was the equivalent of a speeding ticket), i showed up expecting no real problems. the guy handling the cases took a look at me and said i'm going to give you a continuance, come back with a lawyer. he wouldnt even tell me what the report said.

without much choice, i ended up spending about $600 on a lawyer. came back and found out the police report said i was doing donuts in a parking lot, nearly hit a cruiser, then took off out of the lot blowing a stop sign and spinning my tires. you could not possibly imagine how furious i was when i heard that. a) i dont beat on my car. b) even if i did i'm not stupid enough to do it in a parking lot in front of a cop and nearly hit his car. the police report was a complete and total fabrication. to this day i have no idea why this cop decided to take issue with me.

i could have taken it to trial (i had witnesses, all classmates), but it would have cost me about $3000 to have the lawyer prepare it all. instead the lawyer ended up getting the charges reduced, and i had to plead guilty to speeding and a stop sign violation. IIRC the whole episode ended up costing me about $1000 and i seriously considered selling my car. that was about 10 years ago. fortunately i did not sell it, still have it, and still enjoy it. but i'll never trust a cop again.

you're facing a misdemeanor charge that can land you in the pokey for a month and/or without a license for 2 years. you have no idea what is in the official police report. go get a lawyer.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:02 PM

Car: 87 camaro
Engine: 350
Transmission: 5-speed

Originally Posted by whitedevilTA
Thats the problem here...there is no local track, and the closest one is over an hour drive, and 20 bucks for the day, plus all the gas you go through there and back. Then god forbid you want to do SCCA style racing which I do, you have to go through all the courses to get the license and then it's 200$ a day!!! People can't afford to race legally anymore! Thats why me and all my freinds do it on the street. I know it's not safe, and you chance the police, but in this economy, it's the only way weve got. The favors are no longer in the car enthusiests hands these days and it sucks, because I'm definately way more partial to doing it legally.
the $1000+ youre gonna spend to get out of your current predicament would easily pay for a summer's worth of trips to LVD. i doubt claiming poverty is going to help you with the judge.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Supreme Member

Received 348 Likes on 263 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.11 LS1 Rear End

very seldomly does anyone get away without any reprecussions.

I've turned into a gost 3 times. Call me stupid, call me lucky,....... that's just the fact.

You got cought ----> your gonna' Pay. Post-pone your court date. Try and postpone it a second time too. Bring a lawyer to court when ever you go and don't forget your check book !

Edit :

I dont know man, I got it ruff in my old bird... Some-how got the whole thing on tape...

haha
Cool Vid ! Very fun to watch !

Last edited by John in RI; 12-19-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Funny Vid ---->
Old 12-20-2009, 12:21 AM

Car: 1984 camaro z28
Engine: 305 H.O.
Transmission: 700r4 automatic
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Originally Posted by Pew
It never works. Ive never tried it never gonna. I've know people who have tried it resulted in hefty fines, loss of licence, and comunity service.
psh ive never herd of some one get caught when they tried. one time after school, me and my friend were cruzin in his vette around 90ish, got pulled over, cop just walked strait out, asked what we were doing(no licence or registration crap) and when he was halfway back to his car my friend verbaly noted he didnt grab his licence and he burnd off. never her about it since then. and another guy was telling me in traffic court back in 90 he went over a hill doing 80 in an iroc 5.7 at the bottom a policw pulled out and he just floored it and got away.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:32 AM
Supreme Member

any time you get a ticket fight it.. never say anything to the cop who's giving you the ticket.. not a peep..EVER!

you can get a copy of the ticket. from the court house.. it's your right! see what the cop has to say..it will be on the back of the ticket..

CYA!!

have beat every ticket i ever got in washinton state in the last 19 years.. But 2.. i fell asleep and changed lanes at 1am on a long sweeping 4 lane Hiway..the 2 COST ME $100 (lane swap with out singl and 10mph over..lol)

the cop asked why i swaped lanes with out sigln..
i told Him..I was sleeping..Lol funny yes.. but dont say anything ever!!

you can always talk to the DA before court..make deals if they will.
most will.. But always know all the info they have on you! it's a must. thats why you never say anything to the Cop.. How about them Dodgers?...lol

in the last few years i see more and more Guys with Video cams in the Hotrods.. to help them in court..and to get bad cops off the street..i think thats FANTASTIC! have seen a few on YouTube.
anybody seen them...?
Old 12-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am, 92 Firebird
Engine: 408 sbc, 3.1L of raw power
Transmission: TKO600, T5
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 3:70 trutac, 3:23 torsion

this thread is full of BS and fail.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by //<86TA>\\
WHY would you say that..?

2 of my best
how about beating a ticket with a speed Gun in SCHOOL ZONE!
(6mph over)
BEEN THERE DONE THAT..

OR doing a monster Burn out smoke show.. in front of a cop wanabe (resrv cop on duty) and beating the ticket that was Given..(by the real cop) who showed up..
(street was closed off for HOOPFEST)

you just have to play there Game with there rules. (and win)

Last edited by articwhiteZ; 12-21-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by C-Titan

haha
That by far is one of the greatest videos on youtube. I instantly added it to my favorites! Thank you for finding that one and posting it, hahaha.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:14 PM

Agreed. So many heroes thinking running from the police is something to be proud of.

I just wonder how long it will be before one of you heroes hits and kills someone, in the middle of one of these testicular verification trials.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Supreme Member

Agreed. So many heroes thinking running from the police is something to be proud of.

I just wonder how long it will be before one of you heroes hits and kills someone, in the middle of one of these testicular verification trials.
I originally started the post to see if anyone had experience and what they were charged with to "prepare" myself. I wasn't looking for everyones stories, although it is nice to hear a few to see how mine compares. Honestly though, I did it because I wanted to and now it's done and I got caught. I won't do it again, but at least I can now say I did it and I'm sure I'll look back on this and laugh. No one was hurt, except my wallet I'm sure .

Old 12-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Supreme Member

RACING on any street. with any traffic . is not Good..and should not be done. I my self would not do it..

but.. racing on a closed off no cross street Hyway or road is How street racing has been done for a long time. and if you ever had a car with more then 250Hp you would know that.. till then.. stick to bashing High school Kids with trash can mufflers....

I BET YOUR ONE OF THEM GUYS WHO THINKS
dont run with a fork.ya drink all your milk. and clean your plate.&
only the cops & mility should have full auto weapons to!!
i say take the young Kids out and give them. a beltfed!
and teach them to stand up for them self..
this is my other Hobby..me and some Kids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6tZXnUZIhg

this looks better in the back of my truck..driving down the Hyway.
the same one we street raced on years ago.
it's ok..i understand..

Last edited by articwhiteZ; 12-21-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:01 PM

I was going to quote you and try to point out a few things, ArticwhiteZ but it was pointless, and reading your post made my head hurt. Im not going to turn this into a bashing contest, and start with the "if you had a car with some power" BS.

You can live in your world, and Ill stay in mine.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Supreme Member

You can live in your world, and Ill stay in mine.

slower traffic to the right--->

Last edited by articwhiteZ; 12-21-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by articwhiteZ

slower traffic to the right--->

How old are you?
Old 12-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Supreme Member

you going to stay in your world..or what..

and keep right kEEP MOVING.. kEEP MOVING.

Last edited by articwhiteZ; 12-21-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:30 PM
Supreme Member

for those wanna-be badasses here, running from the cops is stupid to begin with, but do you realize that its a felony in some states now? Thats sounds like a great idea, turn a speeding ticket into serious jail time. Good job.
Not to mention possibly killing yourself or some other innocent person.

Are you honestly bragging about speeding through a school zone? What the hell is wrong with you?
Stupid just stupid.

you must have a real pathetic police force in WA.
thank God you live on the other side of the country.

Last edited by //<86TA>\\; 12-21-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Supreme Member

For the OP, it really depends ont he area and how strict the police/laws are. If you live in WA apparently there is no problem, just bring some dounuts to court.

Could be a fine, might ge the car impounded, i really dont know what they do around you.

You could have just said that the brakes were locked up and you were trying to get the car home
Old 12-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 85 Camaro
Engine: No
Transmission: No
Axle/Gears: No

you must have a real pathetic police force in WA.
I do agree most of these stories sound pretty stupid, but the funny thing is we do have a real pathetic police force here.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1984 Chevy Camaro
Engine: H/C/I LS1
Transmission: T56 Magnum-F 2.66
Axle/Gears: QP 9" Trac-Lok 3.70

Running from cops is stupid.

Although.. I've done it..

Sometimes circumstances are just far to much in your favor, you know?

Was actually on my way home from the dragstrip, a 2 hour drive. On the highway and I was doing 90mph. Was around 35-40 degrees, 2am - no heat in my car was freezing and wanting to get home. My radar detector pretty much always works but this time I forgot I had turned it off in a construction zone as something was setting it off constantly.

I saw lights from quite a distance but didnt make much of it until it went right passed me on the opposite side of the highway, I could already tell it was slowing down and saw the lightbar on it. I floored it - knowing the highway is the worst place to run, and the cop would presume I was still on the highway - I turned off my lights and got off at the 2nd exit I got to - went into a small little town, went down some side streets and parked behind a car wash for about an hour. Went home with no issues.

Never did actually see the cop again - although when I first gunned it and saw him turning to get on my side of the highway, I saw his lightbar light up. The highway was curvy enough I doubt he caught a glimpse of me again, especially with my lights off and me holding the car at around 130-140mph...

Overall it's not a smart idea... unless you absolutely know you can get away - even then it's not a sure thing and still not smart. It's very dangerous too, with my experience I about **** myself when I was doing about 130 and my entire windshield was instantly fogging up even though I kept wipeing it with my hand, could barely see.

Just don't do it

I can't say I wouldn't do it again because I always have said I wouldn't - but at the time my adrenaline rushed and my thinking just kinda went blank and I just went for it.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:52 PM

Car: 91 Z-28
Engine: 360TPI
Transmission: PA Racing 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3:73

Originally Posted by whitedevilTA
That by far is one of the greatest videos on youtube. I instantly added it to my favorites! Thank you for finding that one and posting it, hahaha.

One of my favs too... Ironically, a buddy of mine sent me that the day you posted this!! haha...
Old 12-22-2009, 02:08 AM

Car: 88 iroc-z
Engine: Year one 383 Extreme Tork
Transmission: Tremec TKO 500
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 bolt

Just a little reminder, you cannot outrun a motorolla and the police here often use the two helicopters they have to catch street racers and speeders.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Supreme Member

Are you honestly bragging about speeding through a school zone?
WTF.. did you not read the post?? 6 miles over...
i know what speed i was doing... thats how i got the Tossed OUT!

Guys start A dog pile with this internet name calling.are.KIDS
every ticket you ever get.. you will be paying! and Should.

you have a car..wooptidoo. you ever get pulled over for BS. that you think you did not do?? and end up paying the ticket... then your the FOOL! and need to get more tickets.. they need your money!!

so dont start name calling &.Bashing for things Guys post what they did Years ago...and got away with..you have NO clue to how the the Cops
treat Good looking street cars. that are known to Be Drag cars.

so get off you soap Box. Cuss if your telling Us you have never done
ANY THING WRONG IN YOUR CAR..
and every ticket you ever got.. you NEEDED TO GET!!

whats that say about you..

The Truth Will Set You Free!

Last edited by articwhiteZ; 12-22-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Penalty for engaging in police pursuit?