LTX and LSX Putting LT1s, LS1s, and their variants into Third Gens is becoming more popular. This board is for those who are doing and have done the swaps so they can discuss all of their technical aspects including repairs, swap info, and performance upgrades.

Where is "Drews" i need his T56 cross-member!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 09:52 PM
On Probation

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z
Engine: LsX
Transmission: MN12 6speed
Axle/Gears: 3:42
Where is "Drews" i need his T56 cross-member!!!

Anyone know where I can get a hold of his x-member, a couple of members on here are running his cross-member and I found his username and email but it seems like he hasn't been on the forum for a while?

I'm about to order the Hawks headers but if I can't find his x-member or fabricate something similar I'm going to opt for the 2.5 iinch. collectors vs the 3 inch.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Where is "Drews" i need his T56 cross-member!!!

I'm in the same boat, I PM'd him back in March and got a reply that he waits until he gets a specific amount of orders in before he builds and ships them. However now it seems he hasn't logged in since early-mid April and isn't responding to PMs or emails. I have a friend running his t56 x-member and it rocks, it actually lets you run a "normal" y pipe with longtubes unlike this POS Spohn x-member that I have. Thanks to the lack of clearance my y-pipe is shitty as hell and I really want to ditch it. I know Skulte started selling their own double hump T56 x-member a while back but I've heard a few horror stories about the quality of their parts from people who's opinions I value greatly.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Supreme Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 86 Trans AM
Engine: LS1 (not stock...)
Transmission: Built T56
Axle/Gears: Strange 12-bolt w/ 3.73

Hey guys. I built my own crossmember to clear my y-pipe. Its not the most fun job in the world. I had to build mine to clear the hawks headers AND to mount the spohn torque arm.

The spohn x-member isnt really a POS... Its a great x-member. It just doesnt work well with the hawks headers. I had the hawks y-pipe too, and it COULD have fit good, but the y-pipe wasnt up to par if you ask me.

I happen to have a Drews crossmember that I purchased a few months ago from Drew. I never installed it. I got it, opened it, held it up under the car, and decided to make my own. Largly due to the torque arm mount that I needed to fabricate. I didnt bolt it in, but it looked like the holes werent going to quite line up with my crossmember holes. This was kind of expected though because the spohn crossmember didnt bolt up super easy either. If it werent for the slotted holes, it wouldnt have fit. My car was tweaked alittle in a wreck I think...back in 90 I think is what the previous owner said.

Ive been kind of lazy about selling the drews that I had, but since Im cleaning out my garage and all, one of you guys can grab it. First one to PM me... Ill sell it to ya for about the same shipped price that I got it for...maybe alittle less. I talked to drew, and asked if he would rather me return it to him or just resell it. He said I might as well resell it just to save a shipping cost. He sent a couple guys my way for it, and I just didnt have the time... Let me know!

Justin
Old 07-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Supreme Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1985 IROC-Z
Engine: Magnacharged LS1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Ford 9" 4:11's

Hey Justin, I'll take it since it seems no one has spoken up. Sending PM
Old 07-26-2007, 07:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1985 Camaro Z28, VIN F
Engine: 427 sbc, HSR
Transmission: T-56, self rebuilt 700+ hp
Axle/Gears: Moser 12bolt, 3.42 trutrac

FWIW, you can get a unit here:

http://www.skulte.com/product_info.p...products_id/83
Old 07-26-2007, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
Hey guys. I built my own crossmember to clear my y-pipe. Its not the most fun job in the world. I had to build mine to clear the hawks headers AND to mount the spohn torque arm.

The spohn x-member isnt really a POS... Its a great x-member. It just doesnt work well with the hawks headers. I had the hawks y-pipe too, and it COULD have fit good, but the y-pipe wasnt up to par if you ask me.

I happen to have a Drews crossmember that I purchased a few months ago from Drew. I never installed it. I got it, opened it, held it up under the car, and decided to make my own. Largly due to the torque arm mount that I needed to fabricate. I didnt bolt it in, but it looked like the holes werent going to quite line up with my crossmember holes. This was kind of expected though because the spohn crossmember didnt bolt up super easy either. If it werent for the slotted holes, it wouldnt have fit. My car was tweaked alittle in a wreck I think...back in 90 I think is what the previous owner said.

Ive been kind of lazy about selling the drews that I had, but since Im cleaning out my garage and all, one of you guys can grab it. First one to PM me... Ill sell it to ya for about the same shipped price that I got it for...maybe alittle less. I talked to drew, and asked if he would rather me return it to him or just resell it. He said I might as well resell it just to save a shipping cost. He sent a couple guys my way for it, and I just didnt have the time... Let me know!

Justin
Too bad that other guy beat me to it. The Spohn x-member doesn't just interfere with the Hawk's setup. I have Hooker Super Competition long tubes and the x-member doesn't get in the way of the headers. It does, however, sit right where the y-pipe SHOULD be directly behind the collectors. My current y pipe is all smashed and runs UNDER the Spohn x-member and is actually touching it in a few places. This can produce some rattling/banging sometimes and is a pain in the ***, not to mention the power being lost from the restrictive y pipe.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Supreme Member

Sorry guys... TPI TERR beat ya to it. He PMed me pretty fast and sent payment in record time I think...

J.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:30 PM
On Probation

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z
Engine: LsX
Transmission: MN12 6speed
Axle/Gears: 3:42

looks like a lot of people are showing interest, maybe drews should chime in and fabricate a few. The price is very reasonable considering the headache I'm going to save and the money I would have spent on a farbricating a y-pipe that cleared.

p.s. if any one needs a spohn x-member pm me.

Last edited by TPI TERR; 07-26-2007 at 11:30 PM. Reason: addition
Old 07-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Supreme Member

You got that right.... It was a royal pain making my x-member.

Actually...some of it was easy... Like the side mounts, and the bottom piece, and the angled pieces on the sides... Where it got difficult was filling in the rest. Connecting the "cradle" part to the sides. Took a lot of thinking and cutting and fitting and cutting and fitting...etc.

Its doable though. I overbuilt mine, like I tend to do. But its working really well as of now.

Justin
Old 08-23-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: '88 Camaro
Engine: LS3
Transmission: Mag F
Axle/Gears: 9" 4.11

i also have pmed and emailed drews on a couple of occasions, i would love to have one of his crossmembers. wish i wouldve seen this thread, that one up there wouldve been mine