Transmissions and Drivetrain Need help with your trans? Problems with your axle?

I NEED A T5

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 08:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 IROC Z
Engine: L31 VORTEC
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42
I NEED A T5

Hello,i am looking for a t5 thats in good shape.i have an 88 iroc and i would like to go back with an wc iroc tranny but any V8 wc third gen tranny will work.i recently purchased a tranny from a guy on craigslist who said the tranny was in great shape,put in my car and the syncros or shot.im located in alabama but willing to travel to joining states,also have family in new orleans la.thanks
Old 10-25-2011, 06:44 AM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
Car: Met. Silver 85 IROC/Sold
Engine: 350 HO Deluxe (350ci/330hp)
Transmission: T-5 (Non-WC)
Axle/Gears: Limited Slip 3.23's
Re: I NEED A T5

Originally Posted by MORREALE5
Hello,i am looking for a t5 thats in good shape.i have an 88 iroc and i would like to go back with an wc iroc tranny but any V8 wc third gen tranny will work.i recently purchased a tranny from a guy on craigslist who said the tranny was in great shape,put in my car and the syncros or shot.im located in alabama but willing to travel to joining states,also have family in new orleans la.thanks
An advert in our classifieds might provide better results for your request.

JamesC
Old 10-29-2011, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85 Trans Am
Engine: LB9
Transmission: Finally Fixed (T5)
Axle/Gears: 3.27
Re: I NEED A T5

I know of a shop in Louisville, KY that quoted me $500 for a rebuilt NWC T5 with a core. If you are interested in that, PM me, and I can give you their contact info. Great place to deal with, and they really know their stuff.

Add to that, replacing the syncros isn't as bad as it sounds. I managed to do it, and the biggest problem that I ran into was getting the 3-4 syncro properly seated. I ended up heating it in the oven before I tried getting it on. In hindsight, I should've just taken it to a machine shop to have it pressed on.

Last edited by nomind; 10-29-2011 at 06:37 AM.