Aftermarket Product Review Provide questions and answers about aftermarket parts for the Third Generation F-Body.

lugs-n-stuff (ebay adapters), ezaccessory.com

Old 03-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Supreme Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: Vortec headed 355, xe262
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt 3.70
lugs-n-stuff (ebay adapters), ezaccessory.com

I got some adapters from ezaccessory.com after I found outsome guys on Frrax used them for their autocross cars. Obviously, EVERYONE recommends motorsport-tech, but that's a little rich for my blood. I wish I could justify it, but I can't. If I were road racing I'd probably go that route but for autocross and highway/town stuff... not worth it.

So I got some adapters form ezaccessory.com, $190 for four adapters. They are supposed to be hub centric. They're super loose on all four hubs. They are clearly functioning as lug-centric on the vehicle side. I didnt get them with a lug centric lip on the wheel side because I didnt know if it would clear the front brake hub. (For the record, it would have).

Also, when I put them on the rear, the hub-side flange was so thick I needed extra-long wheel studs to get any kind of decent engagement on my lug nuts. I didnt like that at all either.

But since I measured wrong, and my rear wheels need a 1.25 inch adapter instead of a 2 inch adapter, it didnt really matter. I could have returned the ones I have, but ezaccessory wants a 20 percent restocking fee... and I'm not gonna help these guys turn profit on parts i never even took out of their packaging (Since I had four of them, I used a pair for mockup and never opened the other two) and give them back the part to boot so they can re-sell it and make more profit off of it. So screw those guys.

I took a chance and bought some 1.25 inch hub-centric adapters from lugs-n-stuff on ebay, and I'm really impressed with them. These things fit SNUG on the rear hubs. I had to clean off the rust/corrosion on my axles to get them to slide on and off well, but now they fit perfectly, AND they fit perfectly into my ZR1 wheels centerbore. Perfect hub-centric fit on both sides.

Ezaccessory used grade 8 studs, while lugs-n-stuff uses Metric 10.9 . Im not sure which is better or worse, but thats certainly a part of the equation. I know ezaccessory uses some weird off the wall stud size that's hard to source if you ever break one. No clue about these metric ones.

Both come with chrome lug nuts that may or may not be horrible.

What I did find interesting, is the ezaccessory adapters didn't fit snug on my rear hubs at all. But the lugs-n-stuff adapters did. However, the lugs-n-stuff adapters that fit so well on the rear axle, had tons of slop and space on the fronts. The front hubs are clearly much smaller in diameter than the rear hubs on my car. Im not sure if this is normal or what, but I find it very odd. But that may be why I kept seeing different numbers on the hub diameter of these cars...