Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

f-body motor sport for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 RS, 84 El Camino conquista RIP
Engine: 5.0 (for now)
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 2.xx torsen limited slip & 3.42 ope
f-body motor sport for sale?

fbodymotorsports.com just went up for sale. Wow that was sudden. I loved that site!
Old 10-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 83 Trans Am / 96 Jeep XJ
Engine: 355 / 4.0 I6
Transmission: TH350 / Auto
Axle/Gears: 3.23 10-bolt / 4wd
Re: f-body motor sport for sale?

Lol. No comment.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 RS / 1989 RS
Engine: 3.1L MFI / Vortec 383 TBI
Transmission: T5 / LS-T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42 open / 3.73 Eaton posi

Since I have done business with them in the past (like 4 - 5 years ago), they have sent me an e-mail to say otherwise, probably the same e-mail that every other customer received. Also mentioned in the e-mail is a need to improve the company.

Here is the body of the message:

Dear Al,

You may have noticed that over the past few days our website www.fbodymotorsports.com has been unavailable. We have had some technical complications with the site and some issues with the previous owners over our ownership of our website domain name. The matter has been resolved, but while transitions are being made, our web address is www.youngsfbody.com. In the future, you will be able to access our site using either address.
Previous Orders
If you have placed an order with us in the past, this change will not affect it in any way. Do not believe anything you hear about us being out of business or the website being up for sale - that information is not true. We are very much in business and are working to improve on it daily.

Making Improvements
With the development of these recent issues, we have become aware that our business has much room for improvement, and we will be focusing on addressing those improvements immediately. We are a family run business that takes pride in our customer service and would be happy to speak with anyone regarding any problem they may have.

Contacting Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding a purchase or a previous order, please feel free to call us at any time during our business hours at 704-494-0005. For your convenience, we have now implemented an email contact system for those of you that are unable to get a hold of us during business hours. You can email us now at info@youngsfbody.com. If you do not receive an immediate response, please understand that we will get back to you as soon as we can.

We appreciate you as a customer and look forward to doing business with you in the future.
Sincerely,

Management
F-Body Motorsports
www.youngsfbody.com
704-494-0005

Last edited by Al Hasse; 11-03-2007 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Supreme Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Car: 1985 Iroc-Z
Engine: 440LSX
Transmission: l460e
Axle/Gears: 3.55 Wavetrac

Recieved a voice mail from them today. Said I had a "pending" order and wanted to know if I still wanted the product I ordered. The reality is that I had to go through my credit card company to file for a return of the money that they took and spent on who knows what. I did get a credit on my CC from them on this order. Some people were not as lucky. They are a den of theives and all reading this need to stay away from them. Cavet emptor.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.70

It would be nice if they turned the business around though...
Old 11-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Supreme Member

This is a copy of a e-mail I sent to F-bodyMotorsports after they called me and asked me about the order I had to go through my Credit Card co. to get my money back. Also included is their reply. Maybe there is hope for them. Only time will tell. Badman "Like I had stated in the voicemail, I could not determine from our records what had happened with your order, so out of courtesy to you I wanted to find out if you had ever gotten the part. During the time your order was placed, our company was going through some problems which lead us to replace several individual employees. We would be willing to send you the part free of charge because of your trouble if you would still like to have it. It was never our intent to take your money and I hope you understand that. It was simply an error on our part. We apologize for any trouble this may have caused you."

Please let me know if we can still send you the part or something of equal value to make it up to you.

Sincerely,

Young’s F-Body

Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 9:26 PM
To: info@youngsfbody.com
Subject: Your voice mail

Recieved your voice mail about my order. I had to go through my credit card company and file a complaint to get my money back that you took from me for a part you never had.Take my name off your phone list and never contact me again.Badman
Old 11-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Supreme Member

Now I need an opinion. Should I call them and have them give me the part for free, or knowing how bad they screwed everybody, just stay away from them. I ask this because when they say they had no intent to take my money,well, my B.S. meter sounds an alarm. I await your replies. Badman
Old 11-05-2007, 10:21 AM

Car: 1997 Grand Prix GTP (for now)
Engine: 3.8 sc

see if they will send it for free, can't hurt, and if they charge your card you have the copy of the vm they left to give them
Old 11-05-2007, 03:26 PM

Car: '87 IROC Z w/43,000 miles
Engine: 305 F code motor
Transmission: 4 speed auto
Axle/Gears: 3.73

What the hay. Ask for the freebie. You've already fought to get refunded. If I were asked if I'd like a freebie, I know what I'd be saying. "Hell ya!"

Doesn't sound as if you have anything to loose.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by BADMAN
\
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 9:26 PM
To: info@youngsfbody.com
Subject: Your voice mail

Recieved your voice mail about my order. I had to go through my credit card company and file a complaint to get my money back that you took from me for a part you never had.Take my name off your phone list and never contact me again.Badman
Now I need an opinion. Should I call them and have them give me the part for free, or knowing how bad they screwed everybody, just stay away from them. I ask this because when they say they had no intent to take my money,well, my B.S. meter sounds an alarm. I await your replies. Badman

Wait, you told them that, then are thinking about calling them and asking for the part for free? Seriously, dude, you either take the part and out of courtesy shut your mouth (for lack of a better term) or you don't take the part and are free to bitch as much as you want. If you've seen "Thank you for Smoking" it's like the briefcase of money to the Marlboro Man.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 PM

Car: 1991 RS, 84 El Camino conquista RIP
Engine: 5.0 (for now)
Transmission: 4L60
Axle/Gears: 2.xx torsen limited slip & 3.42 ope

it seems you are the only one having problems. and don't take advantage of a company, you got your money so be content and move on.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:24 PM

Car: 92 Z/28 clone
Engine: 383 carbed
Transmission: t-5
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Originally Posted by Al Hasse
Since I have done business with them in the past (like 4 - 5 years ago), they have sent me an e-mail to say otherwise, probably the same e-mail that every other customer received. Also mentioned in the e-mail is a need to improve the company.

Here is the body of the message:

Dear Al,

You may have noticed that over the past few days our website www.fbodymotorsports.com has been unavailable. We have had some technical complications with the site and some issues with the previous owners over our ownership of our website domain name. The matter has been resolved, but while transitions are being made, our web address is www.youngsfbody.com. In the future, you will be able to access our site using either address.
Previous Orders
If you have placed an order with us in the past, this change will not affect it in any way. Do not believe anything you hear about us being out of business or the website being up for sale - that information is not true. We are very much in business and are working to improve on it daily.

Making Improvements
With the development of these recent issues, we have become aware that our business has much room for improvement, and we will be focusing on addressing those improvements immediately. We are a family run business that takes pride in our customer service and would be happy to speak with anyone regarding any problem they may have.

Contacting Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding a purchase or a previous order, please feel free to call us at any time during our business hours at 704-494-0005. For your convenience, we have now implemented an email contact system for those of you that are unable to get a hold of us during business hours. You can email us now at info@youngsfbody.com. If you do not receive an immediate response, please understand that we will get back to you as soon as we can.

We appreciate you as a customer and look forward to doing business with you in the future.
Sincerely,

Management
F-Body Motorsports
www.youngsfbody.com
704-494-0005
i got the same email
Old 11-05-2007, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by ryan91rs
it seems you are the only one having problems. and don't take advantage of a company, you got your money so be content and move on.
You are kidding, right? FBodyMotorsports has a LONG LINE of unhappy customers.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Supreme Member

You got it all wrong. I was wondering if their offer was an olive branch to me and if so, should I give them another chance by taking their offer of a free part,with the hope that they might get me to return as a customer? Or, should I simply let it go? I was taught that if someone tries to make amends, it's worth considering giving them another chance. I was'nt sure which way to go, hence the asking for opinions. I just did not expect to be hosed for trying to get some input on this question, especially from a moderator. Grow up.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:25 PM

You got it all wrong. I was wondering if their offer was an olive branch to me and if so, should I give them another chance by taking their offer of a free part,with the hope that they might get me to return as a customer? Or, should I simply let it go? I was taught that if someone tries to make amends, it's worth considering giving them another chance. I was'nt sure which way to go, hence the asking for opinions. I just did not expect to be hosed for trying to get some input on this question, especially from a moderator. Grow up.
If you replied to them with basically "Go to Hell, don't contact me again" that was your answer to them about the free parts. That was my point. Being a moderator doesn't change my ethical standpoint on this.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Supreme Member

I see where the confusion is. They made the offer of a free part AFTER they recieved my e-mail about them not contacting me. This showed me that they are possibly trying to turn their company around by making amends for the poor service and hassles that many have had with them. So I was faced with the question of giving them another chance or letting the whole episode go. I guess I should have not even mentioned any of this on this forum,nor asked for any input on the subject, not realizing that my attempt at forgiveness would bring my ethics into question. I'm done with this thread.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:53 PM

Ohhh, that does make sense then. Yeah, I would take them up on their offer then.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:06 AM

Car: 1988 Camaro Sport Coupe Convertible
Engine: Your Momma
Transmission: I can go forwards and backwards

Ok, so why are people still buying from them?

It seemed no matter what happened over there bad things just kept on happening.

Then again it's been a while since I've posted or read the latest "Why f-body motorsports or whatever they're called now stinks" thread.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:50 AM

Car: 1985 z28 camaro
Engine: 305 lg4,edelbrock,3"air cleaner.k&n
Transmission: turbo 700r4 w/b&m megashifter
Axle/Gears: Stock.

We can only hope that they turn the business around,that would benefit everybody.Although it will take a while to get people's trust back.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:09 AM

Car: 1989 TA
Engine: 305, 5.0
Transmission: T5

Ok what the hell i've had the same problems. It's been almost 2 months since i've bought my part and still haven't gotten it. i've called 4 times 3 times out of those i've been told they would call me back and they didnt. do they normally do that? Should i get my money back and go through hawksthirdgen? Sounds like they're kinda sketchy.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 Camaro SC, 1999 Z28
Engine: GMPP 350HO, LS1
Transmission: Built 700r4/EDGE 3200, T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Eaton 7.625, 3.42 Zexel Torsen

get your money and go to hawks.

...have never bought anything from Fbody, probably never will after reading about them for the last 5 years screwing everyone over.

although, I am curious if they can "turn things around." will be watching, but with my check book locked in the cellar.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:11 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 89 IROC
Engine: 305 TPI / ZZ4 cam
Transmission: Stage 2 700R4, LS1 driveshaft
Axle/Gears: Strange 3.42 w/ Auburn

I've been reading for over a year about people getting the "shaft" from this company (regardless of so called management changes).

I don't understand why reading about people getting "Once bitten" would make others think "won't happen to me".

It will take years of good service and good reviews for me to do business with this company.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:03 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 Camaro SC, 1999 Z28
Engine: GMPP 350HO, LS1
Transmission: Built 700r4/EDGE 3200, T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Eaton 7.625, 3.42 Zexel Torsen

Originally Posted by The Project
I've been reading for over a year about people getting the "shaft" from this company (regardless of so called management changes).

I don't understand why reading about people getting "Once bitten" would make others think "won't happen to me".

It will take years of good service and good reviews for me to do business with this company.
not everyone is on TGO or tech. have had this discussion with local 4th gen guys who've either been window shopping, or WP from fbm. they're always stunned to hear the bad news. i guess fbm has a nice website or something?

of course, as soon as i hyperlink them straight to one of the famous anti-fbm threads on TGO, they change their minds about shopping there
Old 11-17-2007, 08:02 AM
On Probation

Car: 2002 Formula
Engine: 5.7 LS1

I am surprised a couple of people have not gone in and buy the company. Could be a good investment and company could be turned around. You could have several silent partners and someone who contribution is to run it. Just make sure you consult lawyer to draw up paperwork.