Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

flynbye.com & bigbrakeupgrade.com

Old 12-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Car: 87 GTA
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Dana M78 3.27 posi
flynbye.com & bigbrakeupgrade.com

Anybody ever get either of these places to respond, via their websites Contact forms?

Neither one has responded to my MULTIPLE attempts over MONTHS.

Who else offers upgrades for a '87 9-bolt rear?
Old 12-16-2009, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 camaro Z/28
Engine: 305 V/8 4bbl carb
Transmission: T5 WC
Axle/Gears: 3-23 posi with 4 wheel discs
Re: flynbye.com & bigbrakeupgrade.com

hi , give ed a chance...he is really busy ,,,has so many e-mails from all of us here at 3rd gen....i bought brackets from him recently and he was very easy to reach ,,,i even spoke to him several times...but like i said he's flooded with calls and e-mails...he's a good guy.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Banned

You act as as if I HAVEN"T given him a chance.

I've given him MONTHS of chances & MULTIPLE emails, all with ZERO response. Am I supposed to wait YEARS for a response??? Not gonna happen.

Maybe he makes good stuff, but apparently lacks a SERIOUS ability to provide customer support. If he can't do thatr, he has no business running a business.

I wish people would stop defending him. Its plain & simple...He doesn't respond via PMs through TGO...Doesn't respond through the Contact form from his own web site...Rarely even responds to even threads about him.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts

Here's how to get in touch with us:
Telephone: 1-803-396-5693
Email: ebmiller88@aol.com
Or use the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We look forward to hearing from you.
Why not go right down the list starting with a phone call?

I'm not defending the guy, but I bought a nearly impossible to find part from him and had it fairly quickly. I emailed him about the order asking if it'd been received and had a reply the next day. Maybe the contact form is malfunctioning... Give him a call and see what happens.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Drew
Why not go right down the list starting with a phone call?

I'm not defending the guy, but I bought a nearly impossible to find part from him and had it fairly quickly. I emailed him about the order asking if it'd been received and had a reply the next day. Maybe the contact form is malfunctioning... Give him a call and see what happens.
You ARE defending him...Instead of providin g another outlet for an brake upgrade, you guys are focused on defending the person with the worst possible communications skills I've ever met!

Don't you think I would try ALL avenues?

#1...I've tried the TGO pms
#2...I've tried flynbye.com Contact form.
#3...I've tried that personal email address.
#4.....I don't have a voice anymore, thanks to a car wreck in '04. I bought a VW Bug to save gas back & forth to work. This pic is from just 7 days later.....

Any other bright ideas, other than trying to defend him? I asked for other places to get upgrades, not a bunch of posts to defend Ed!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Supreme Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Car: 90 Formula
Engine: 305
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt/3.27

Since your opinion is that everyone is defending him my suggestion would be either keep trying until you reach one of the vendors you're interested in, search out other vendors for parts needed or build your own. Another suggestion would be to have someone who is able to speak on the phone do so on your behalf in an attempt to make contact with Ed. I truly sympathize with your plight and situation but being critical of someone or their business due to communication difficulties either on their part or yours is somewhat innappropriate. With the overwhelmingly positive replies concerning Ed over the years on this and other forums I believe your derogatory comments are unjustified.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Banned

It is NOT my opinion. It is a simple FACT. I mention TWO vendors, and everyone jumps in to defend just ONE of them. The SAME one. Noboddy says squat about the other. So....How is that NOT defending Ed???

READ my original post....

"Who else offers upgrades for a '87 9-bolt rear?"

I didn't start out to say anything negative about Ed. Simple fact...NIETHER vendor responds..

Damnit...I ask a SIMPLE question & it turns into a long thread about Ed.....

So I ask AGAIN, which was my point....
Old 12-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Supreme Member

Fair enough, have you tried SSBC or Baer?
Old 12-16-2009, 03:02 PM

The rears do not do much braking, so what are you trying to accomplish? Fill in blank space between the rotor and rim? Swapping to the 89-up PBR is fairly simple and those are a little better than the earlier setup and slightly larger. The other option is the LS1 rears, but thats not a bolt in deal.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Supreme Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Car: 82 TA 87 IZ L98 88 IZ LB9 88 IZ L98
Engine: 5.7TBI 5,7TPI 5.0TPI, 5,7TPI
Transmission: T5, 700R4, T5, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.08, 3.27, 3.45, 3.27

or PBRs with 12" Corvette rotors.I don't know who else sells them though. All it takes is the mounting plates, with the dimensions you could have some cut yourself.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Banned

I now that I realize that I left out what my main choice was.....

To upgrade to LS1/C5 brakes. And not a whole rear end. I have toooo much $$$ into my Snypers, to be buying a whole rear end, that would end up putting the out past the top of the fender lips.

flynbye.com shows (what implies) a bolt-on LS1/C5 rear brake bracket for the 9-bolt rear http://www.flynbye.com/catalog/i77.html But like ALL his descriptions, they are very vague & bit hard to decipher what their application is. Doesn't say WHAT else is needed, only 1 thing about backing plates, nor anything about HOW they fit? (bolt-on or cut & weld more stuff) Vagueness is the sites most outstanding feature. All I can say is...It costs him sells. Can't buy if A:the site isn't clear B:he won't respond to potential customer questions

bigbrakeupgrade.com offers LS1 upgrades. All I asked of them was "Do you offer rear upgrades too?"

I have no need for SSBC or Baer, nor can I justify their prices on a daily driver.

Last edited by Stephen; 12-16-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Supreme Member

Hey, I get that you're frustrated but you completely dismiss the possibility that some people don't spend much time on here, or that servers can flake out and malfunction, or that emails can be rerouted and discarded as spam. Instead you get all defensive and bark at the people trying to help you. Maybe ebmiller sees how you respond when people are trying to be helpful, and doesn't want your business.

Anybody ever get either of these places to respond, via their websites Contact forms?
Like I said, I needed a hard to find part. I ordered it, sent and more importantly received emails from him, and it arrived exactly as expected. That's not defense, it's just relaying my experience buying from him. That's what you asked for when you posted here.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Supreme Member

Most if not all of Ed Millers's kits are a bolt on affair with minor modifications if any to the vehicle being upgraded (i.e. welding,grinding,fabrication,etc.). I've not had any experience with bigbrakeupgrade, mine came from Ed back in his early days.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Banned

Hey, I get that you're frustrated but you completely dismiss the possibility that some people don't spend much time on here, or that servers can flake out and malfunction, or that emails can be rerouted and discarded as spam. Instead you get all defensive and bark at the people trying to help you. Maybe ebmiller sees how you respond when people are trying to be helpful, and doesn't want your business.
So.....My post TODAY, preventing him from responding over the last SEVERAL MONTHS? To MULTIPLE emails???? You think I WANT to give my money, to a company that will not respond to emails? Makes me wonder if I give them my MONEY, will it take less than 10 years to get the part! If they can't type a response, why would I think they are gonna bother to box up a part & mail it? That takes a lot more effort.

Nobody is trying to help me....They are just posting up to defend Ed! You wanna HELP? Stop talking about Ed (nobody mentions bigbrakeupgrade.com, yet you are not defending Ed? ) and gimme another option.

See? If I had said "Where can I get bigger brakes?" The responses woulda been flynbye.com & we'd be right where we are now......

I shoulda known better than to ask the TGO community about brakes. Too narrow-sighted to see anything besides Ed. He's got all of you wrapped around his little finger!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned

Don't forget.....

Y'ALL brought up Ed, not me. I tried to keep it as a business reference, by saying flynbye.com.

Servers can go down, but not for months on end. I didn't send just ONE message, not get a response & get upset. It was the lack of responses, through multiple avenus, that got me upset.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Supreme Member

Sorry, I've never bought from bigbrakeupgrade.com. You asked if anyone had gotten either website to reply, so I told you I did. These sub-forums are for both the good and bad of vendor experiences. My experience was good, so my two cents is positive. If you just wanted to bad mouth a provider for poor communication, you shouldn't have asked what everyone else's experience had been.

You should know better then to insult the people you're asking for help. Good luck in your search, you're on your own.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Banned

If stating the facts are insults....That isn't MY problem.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 88 GTA/86 C20 Burb/91 325i
Engine: L98/454/M20
Transmission: 700R4/NV4500/Getrag
Axle/Gears: 3.27 9-bolt/3.73 14 Bolt/3.73 IRS

Here's what I see.

Like people said, emails get deleted to the eternal box of no return called spam all the time. Believe me, I deal with one of the worst systems on a day to day basis, I don't get 30% of my mail. This is most likely the cause, especially if you're using one of the generic based web emails like Yahoo or AOL or some of the other ones out there (too many to list). Your best bet is probably to get someone who knows you and cars well enough to make the call and get in touch with the man. Just imagine how many PMs he gets a day about brakes, most of them pointless questions by 16 year old kids that have no money in the first place and are too lazy to do the search for "is it possible to convert a drum rear end to disk brakes off my brother in law's uncle's 1996 Camaro?" Now, let's imagine that he doesn't have all day to sit on TGO and answer emails, and that making brakes isn't the only thing in his life. I know I sure wouldn't get all my PMs answered if that was the case.

As far as you attacking the man and getting upset, I would say that there is probably a reason he has such a huge and faithful following here on TGO. It's because he does good work, for great prices, and runs a small business which offers services and setups not found at the commercial vendors like Baer and SSBC. He runs his business the way he sees fit, and seems to me he does a really good job of it or he wouldn't be able to stay afloat in a world of big business and recession. If you decide that he is not worthy of your business, it's simple, just don't send it his way. No need to get defensive about it though.

And I'd imagine the reason that no one has responded to your request for other vendors, is that there might just not be any other vendors. Unless you want to pay the price of Baer, or do it yourself, looks like Ed is about your only option.

-Levi
Old 12-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: '87 Camaro
Engine: '92 Carb'd 350
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: factory stock

Stephen-Sorry I can't help. The only thing I would know to check would be companies that make swaped rears like Mosier for example. I don't know alot of makers of stuff for 3rd gen rear eqpt, & I have no doubt you'll be all over the net looking if you haven't already!!
I know what you mean when no one answers emails.

Off topic-
Man that some scary looking sh*t!! Glad you're here!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cal30_sniper
Here's what I see.

Like people said, emails get deleted to the eternal box of no return called spam all the time. Believe me, I deal with one of the worst systems on a day to day basis, I don't get 30% of my mail. This is most likely the cause, especially if you're using one of the generic based web emails like Yahoo or AOL or some of the other ones out there (too many to list). Your best bet is probably to get someone who knows you and cars well enough to make the call and get in touch with the man. Just imagine how many PMs he gets a day about brakes, most of them pointless questions by 16 year old kids that have no money in the first place and are too lazy to do the search for "is it possible to convert a drum rear end to disk brakes off my brother in law's uncle's 1996 Camaro?" Now, let's imagine that he doesn't have all day to sit on TGO and answer emails, and that making brakes isn't the only thing in his life. I know I sure wouldn't get all my PMs answered if that was the case.
Nice theory, but I don't use any generic/free email type crap. Only my ISP....Roadrunner.com I KNEW somebody would suggest my incoming email being flagged as SPAM by an email program, but hve never had that happen.

And my questions always contained the item # on his site, both in the Subject line & the Body, so no reason to be seen as SPAM.

I guess what I see as the "funniest" part, is the line on the site...."Contact us for more information and questions."....Can't when he won't respond to the contact methods he provides.

Originally Posted by cal30_sniper
As far as you attacking the man and getting upset, I would say that there is probably a reason he has such a huge and faithful following here on TGO. It's because he does good work, for great prices, and runs a small business which offers services and setups not found at the commercial vendors like Baer and SSBC. He runs his business the way he sees fit, and seems to me he does a really good job of it or he wouldn't be able to stay afloat in a world of big business and recession. If you decide that he is not worthy of your business, it's simple, just don't send it his way. No need to get defensive about it though.

And I'd imagine the reason that no one has responded to your request for other vendors, is that there might just not be any other vendors. Unless you want to pay the price of Baer, or do it yourself, looks like Ed is about your only option.

-Levi
I did not "atack" anybody. I stated a web business name, OTHER PEOPLE brought up his name & then I simply stated FACTS. No more, no less. The facts speak for themselves.

Hell.....I'm done responding to everyone defending him. If HE wants to respond here, fine. But I doubt he will. Never responds to business emails/personal emails or PMs.

I simply want to know of another 9-bolt upgrade source. BTW, I looked around at SSBC & Baer. Both with no luck for the 9-bolt. I'm just not ready to give up on my 9-bolt yet.

Post up a solution or don't waste your time posting.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:53 PM

I have looked only thing else i found is https://www.thirdgen.org/ls1reardisc or hawks 1le rear disc kits.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Supreme Member

How hard did you look? Here are two I found in about 45 seconds on google. Try "borg warner 9 bolt brake baer"

https://www.streetortrack.com/Baer-B...-pr-16440.html
https://www.streetortrack.com/Baer-B...-pr-16443.html
Old 12-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Banned

How hard did you look? Here are two I found in about 45 seconds on google. Try "borg warner 9 bolt brake baer"

https://www.streetortrack.com/Baer-B...-pr-16440.html
https://www.streetortrack.com/Baer-B...-pr-16443.html
Thanks for looking, but.....
#1...I'm not spending $1000 for just rear brakes, on a daily driver
#2...I guess you missed the part where I said "LS1/C5 brakes"

What happens when a part breaks/wears out? Can't just run to Autozone/Pep Boys/O'Riellys for parts & walk out with then, can you? My car is my daily transportation, not a 2nd/3rd/4th toy car. It has to run EVERY day, so I have to be able to get parts NOW, when something breaks.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
I have looked only thing else i found is https://www.thirdgen.org/ls1reardisc or hawks 1le rear disc kits.
Thanks, but that article is for LS1s on a drum break 10-bolt, not my disc break 9-bolt.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:23 AM

Looks like your sol unless you can get someone to call ed miller for you is the only hope i see.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:43 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Stephen
Thanks for looking, but.....
#1...I'm not spending $1000 for just rear brakes, on a daily driver
#2...I guess you missed the part where I said "LS1/C5 brakes"

What happens when a part breaks/wears out? Can't just run to Autozone/Pep Boys/O'Riellys for parts & walk out with then, can you? My car is my daily transportation, not a 2nd/3rd/4th toy car. It has to run EVERY day, so I have to be able to get parts NOW, when something breaks.

That's the same setup i have but I did it for a fraction of that. The rotors are simply 12" C4 Corvette front rotors, the calipers std 3rd gen PBRs only the brackets are what you need and Ed sells them but since he's not selling to you apparently maybe someone here has a cad design of the bracket.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:44 AM

Car: 84 frankenstein Z28
Engine: 350
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Since your car is a daily driver and you are in the market for something that can easily be replaced if something brakes, why not just keep your current drum setup and get some high quality shoes. I will have to do some digging but I remember helping another member upgrade to even bigger drums from a older Chevelle. Good drums and shoes can stop a car just a well as most disc set ups.

If your heart is still set on rear disks, have you tried the Wilwood site?
Old 12-17-2009, 09:48 AM

He has rear disc now wants something bigger and not a lot of money.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:50 AM

Since your car is a daily driver and you are in the market for something that can easily be replaced if something brakes, why not just keep your current drum setup and get some high quality shoes. I will have to do some digging but I remember helping another member upgrade to even bigger drums from a older Chevelle. Good drums and shoes can stop a car just a well as most disc set ups.

EDIT

Last edited by da.slyboy; 12-17-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Sorry the server seems to have double post my message
Old 12-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by da.slyboy

EDIT
Because I do not have drums. I have the SMALL pre-88 discs, under 17" wheels.

I really wish people would fully READ before being quick to post.....Re-read posts above & you read why Wilwood/Baer/SSBC is not an option for me.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
That's the same setup i have but I did it for a fraction of that. The rotors are simply 12" C4 Corvette front rotors, the calipers std 3rd gen PBRs only the brackets are what you need and Ed sells them but since he's not selling to you apparently maybe someone here has a cad design of the bracket.
If the calipers are just std 3rd gen PBRs, I could just get a 89-92 9-bolt & be done. I already sold one of those.

It would give me the bigger discs though. which ia really my whole goal behind this. I don't have any complaints about the braking power of my iron calipers. They have locked up the rears at 60, so they definately have clamping power!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Supreme Member

The std 9 89-92 rotors are smaller than 12". They're around 11 i think. If you don't care for that just go that way. They are on ebay every now & then w/ the backing plates.

I agree, nothing wrong with the delco moraines they were adequate most of the time for me too.

This is my 87 9 bolt w/ the 89+ PBRs, 12" C4 front discs and backing plates.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:14 PM

Car: '87 GTA hardtop, '86 IROC hardtop
Engine: 385 DFI, 350 carb
Transmission: T-56, T-5
Axle/Gears: ls1 torsen 10-bolt, 9-bolt disc

The only one I know of offering the ls1/c5 brake setup for a 9-bolt is Ed. I was in the same boat with my '87 GTA, but I found a smoking deal on a '00 rear end. I know this does not help you any. My only experiance with Ed was the same. My friend wanted some brackets for his Monte, so I suggested Ed. After several months worth of e-mails to him with little to no response, he gave up and went with a complete c5 spindle setup from someone else. Ed might be your only option, us 9-bolt folk have a hard time with parts. I still believe he offers great kits a decent price, he is just REALLY busy.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:53 PM

Because I do not have drums. I have the SMALL pre-88 discs, under 17" wheels.

I really wish people would fully READ before being quick to post.....Re-read posts above & you read why Wilwood/Baer/SSBC is not an option for me.
My apologies I must have missed it as i was trying to skim over all of the flynbye defense argument.

Now that see you are just wanting it for looks to fill your 17's then I'll suggest these http://www.amazon.com/3A-Racing-Simu.../dp/B000V2109M

Back to a serious note, won't your wheels bolt up to a regular 10 bolt rear end (I thought the bolt pattern was the same)? I know switching to a different rear end to obtain bigger brakes would probably put you back in the price range of buying the Baer's, but if you are thrifty enough you might be able to snag a cheap drum 10 bolt and then convert it back to disk for a little more favorable price.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by da.slyboy
My apologies I must have missed it as i was trying to skim over all of the flynbye defense argument.

Now that see you are just wanting it for looks to fill your 17's then I'll suggest these http://www.amazon.com/3A-Racing-Simu.../dp/B000V2109M

Back to a serious note, won't your wheels bolt up to a regular 10 bolt rear end (I thought the bolt pattern was the same)? I know switching to a different rear end to obtain bigger brakes would probably put you back in the price range of buying the Baer's, but if you are thrifty enough you might be able to snag a cheap drum 10 bolt and then convert it back to disk for a little more favorable price.
Thanks, but why would I want to switch to the weaker 10-bolt rear end? And only 11.5". No much bigger, nor worth spending $ to get. I coulda just kept the 89 9-bolt I had, gotten the same sized rotors and PBR calipers.

Yes it is a driver, but I "enjoy" my drives. And with the 315s, my tires hold, not spin. Yes I can light them up, but I hafta WANT to. Anything less & I just hook & go!

As sad as it sounds, the fake rotors would almost be better to have in black & hide my tiny rotors....

Twin Turbos C5 front rotors on the rear, with PBR calipers, sounds like a pretty good deal. I'm an ex-CNC machinist & have a good local CNC that treats me good on custom stuff. Maybe I should just go buy some calipers, rotors & build my own brackets?
Old 12-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Supreme Member

They are C4 rotors, not C5. Even cheaper They're 12". If you know the mounting dimensions of the PBR calipers it's a breeze. Would be easier to just buy from Ed, really weird that he doesn't reply to you. He's been slow replying to me too (took me a year to get the stuff but I was slow to respond sometimes too) but it almost seems like he is ignoring you.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
They are C4 rotors, not C5. Even cheaper They're 12". If you know the mounting dimensions of the PBR calipers it's a breeze. Would be easier to just buy from Ed, really weird that he doesn't reply to you. He's been slow replying to me too (took me a year to get the stuff but I was slow to respond sometimes too) but it almost seems like he is ignoring you.
If he is, that just gives me another reason not to do business with him.

Business is business & personal feeling shouldn't get involved with business.

After hearing one story, related to him in a PM, who wanted to remain anonymous.....That just gave me ANOTHER reason not to spend my $ with him. I certainly can't wait months & months to get my ONLY car on the road.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:37 PM

I have heard too many horror stories about him to buy from him.Most are he takes a long *** time to send you parts or they don't fit.Some people on a s 10 forum tired his brake kits and one guy it took almost a year to ever get his brakes.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:48 PM

Car: 1988 Pontiac GTA
Engine: 5.7 w/SLP cold air intake
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt 3.27 with PBR brake upgrade

For what it is worth... For my 1988 GTA I bought a used 9-bolt for $140 on Craigs list with the '89 up PBR brakes. I'm buying rebuilt AC Delco calipers and new rotors (about $245 from Rock Auto after return of cores). Restoring the mounts and caliper brackets and re-using the parking brake cables. Plan on selling or keeping the axles, gears and diff. Housing -who knows?

After doing the back will upgrade the fronts to 1LE.

When I called EB Miller I talked to his wife and she indicated that Ed worked until 6 PM and after that was the best time to reach him. Very nice lady.

Best of luck.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:01 AM

Car: 1987 Trans Am
Engine: 355ci L98 soon to be turbo'd
Axle/Gears: 2.73 posi

*sniff* *sniff*...F-Body Motorsports anyone?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:24 PM

Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: 350 bored .30 over
Axle/Gears: Posi 342

I ordered a kit from Ed back in August and just got the kit like 3 weeks ago. It is really hard to reach him, he is always at his real job and gets home late. I would always get in touch with the wife and she asked to take a message and I declined but would always recieve an email update from Ed the next morning. For the times I did talk to him, he is a very nice guy, willing to answer any questions. I prolly talked to him a good half hour the first time I called him. Anywho, great guy and great product. Another place I know of who does upgrades is the Bigbrakeupgrade.com. The site confuses me though. Good luck.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '88 IROC-Z / '91 Z28 / '91 GTA
Engine: LT4 Hot Cam 305 / L98 355 / MR 383
Transmission: 5-spd / 700R4 / 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3:45 / 3:23 / 3:23

wilwood, ssbc, baer, hawks, flynbye, bigbrake upgrades, f-body motorsports, ebay, classifides.. but you don't want to spend the money for a 'daily driver', nor do you think a 1LE is sufficient.

ok maybe I didn't read every post here, but this is ridiculous... I don't mean to be rude but if you can't find an option in the above list, then you should stick with what you've got. honestly 9 bolt brake upgrades are difficult to find because it is a very limited market.

your left with scanning the classifides until you find something used.. I've seen baer rear brake kits sell used for $500.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Banned

I suggest you actually READ, before posting. All your questions have been asked, addressed & you wouldn't have had any questions.

People that fail to READ before saying anything, really annoy me. The answers are there....READ!!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:21 PM
Supreme Member

I DID READ... your impossible to please, I was trying to be polite. You must have a really patient wife, lol.

good luck man, honestly. perhaps your emails and requests at the websites had the same tone like your posting here and they (ed miller or bigbrake upgrade for example) have decicded it is not worth dealing with a PITA customer like you.

perhaps you should READ;

us 9-bolt folk have a hard time with parts
honestly 9 bolt brake upgrades are difficult to find because it is a very limited market
you've pretty much exhausted all resources, so either pay up for your daily driver or give up.

Good luck in your search, you're on your own.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Banned

OH.....The wife extremely easy to please. Sleeps 24/7. Has for 5 1/2 years down, in a box, 6 feet under. The 3 kids aren't quite as "easy going" though....They actually require stuff like daily food & shelter.

This was my FIRST post against either company, so they had nothing to hold against me for an attitude.

Why'd you dig up an old thread anyways??? You just desperate to post SOMETHING, SOMEWHERE?
Old 02-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Supreme Member

this may be your first post against either company, but I was referring to your statements of;

MONTHS of chances & MULTIPLE emails
perhaps your glowing charm shone through with those multiple emails over months and I too would have chosen not to respond.

seems like he is ignoring you
yup, thats what I'll be doing from now on. If you feel you must continue this nonsence you can pm me and we'll do it in private.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Banned

No.....You brought it into Public, why you so wanting to run & hide in PMs?

Can you just walk into any Autozone/O' Rielly's/Pep Boys/NAPA & buy pads/rotors off the shelf right then, for Wilwood/Baer/etc? NO.

Some stores MIGHT happen to have a piece on the shelf, from a canceled order. MAYBE.

I want to run parts that I KNOW I can pick up the same day or get the part transferred from another store, by the very next day. Mine is a driver, not a racer. I have no need for the likes of Wilwood/Baer etc. No matter how cheap it was to begin with, maintenance on it wouldn't be as easy. I know I made all this abundantly clear that I wanted as many OEM, off-the-shelf parts that I could use.

As far as my emails getting a response to the companies....Just si mple questions were emailed, over months. What excuse does a company have for not responded to inquiries made THROUGH their website. not even through email? Can you possibly explain that?
Old 02-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Banned

...I see what you mean about my emails to these companies....

Emails like.......
"C5 rear conversion bracket set, BW 9 bolt disc rear
I'd like to find out more info regarding if these use stock C5 parts/What else is needed to complete the conversion/If you can supply parts or if the buyer needs to locate them."

Are just SO aggressive, that they should be ignored. And yes, that is THE email I was sending. I just Copy & Pasted it from my email. I can completely see how aggressive & rude that email was. Forgive me! That kind of email/message SHOULD be ignored.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:59 PM

Car: '88 Camaro (Gone...)

I don't know if you've seen this or not Stephen, but a competent machine shop could help you make your own setup if it comes down to it: https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/brak...ferential.html

Just a thought. You'd need to rig the parking brake up though
Old 03-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 85 Camaro IROC
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700-R4
Axle/Gears: open rear, 3.42 gears

stephen, i dont understand what you are looking for exactly.
you want it to be cheap, but able to be found in a parts store, and compatible with a 9 bolt
you dont want to get it from flynbye or bigbrakeupgrade.com
looks like you are SOL or you will have to make it yourself.
IMO, $1000 is not a lot of money to spend on brakes.
if it were me, id get it from ed by calling him directly
i cannot believe that you have NOBODY who can call for you. kids?
any aftermarket kit will be perfectly reliable
if you are so worried about being able to get replacement parts, buy two of everything and keep it in your garage/trunk/under your pillow...
whatever makes you feel good.

good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: flynbye.com & bigbrakeupgrade.com