Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

flynbye.com/Ed Miller/EBMilller brakes - poor service!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 RS, 95 1500, 91 SHO
Engine: 355 LT1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 410's
Re: flynbye.com brake packages

This thread is making me nervous. I just ordered a kit from flynbye.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 formula 350
Engine: ls1 magnuson tvs2300 supercharger
Axle/Gears: 4.11 Dana 44!

Originally Posted by hellz_wings
Ed called you back or BigBrakeUpgrade.com?
the man at bigbrakeupgrade.com called me back within 15 minutes
Old 09-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '88 Iroc, '91 RS, and a '70 RS
Engine: 5.7 TPI; 5.0 TBI; ZZ4/T56 on the ag
Transmission: A4, A4, slated to be a T56

Originally Posted by Justin89Formy
Last chance. Just called and left a message. Also emailed bigbrakeupgrade.com too. edit: got a call back within 15 minutes lol
PM sent and I don't have a voice message from you, let's try this again.

Marc, I do have rear LS1s in black PC but no backing plates ready to go, some guy in NY has apparently decided not to return a set to me.

All feedback, good and bad, is appreciated.

Ed
Old 09-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Supreme Member

Received 625 Likes on 526 Posts

I had spoken with Ed last week about a prop valve. As I hadn't heard back I pm'ed him this morning and got an immediate reply.
More stock arriving next week so we should be doing business shortly.
Here's hoping.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:50 PM

Car: 92 RS, 95 1500, 91 SHO
Engine: 355 LT1
Axle/Gears: 410's

Ed has already pm'd me about my order. And, when I called today, he answered and said he was working on my kit now.
So far the communication has been great.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z28
Engine: TPI 310ci (LB9)
Transmission: Custom Rebuilt 700R4 - 2600 Stall
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt, 3.73 Eaton Limited-Slip

Hey Ed,

No worries on the backing plate i can wait until the set is fully completed. See guys, Ed is just a busy guy! lol
Old 09-21-2010, 09:07 AM

Car: 1986 iroc
Engine: alum. head 350 supercharged
Transmission: 6speed
Axle/Gears: ford 9in 3.90 35 spline moser axles

called ED yesterday he called me back couple hours later to tell me my backing plates were coming in and would be seeing them thursday or friday Max DON'T worry you'll get your stuff
Old 09-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1991 RS Camaro
Engine: L03 (want LS1)
Transmission: 700R-4 (and T56)
Axle/Gears: 4th Gen 3.23 posi

Considering some of the wait times I've seen in this thread, I agree that something should be done so that Ed can expedite the ordering/shipment process. Perhaps hiring someone to help him with the business would be a wise idea. Turning people away is bad business practice, I think he'd loose more customers that way than what is happening now. I also think that telling the man to quit his job or stop the brake business is arrogant and abrasive not knowing his situation or circumstances. But, that's the norm with some people.

Ed's a great source of R&D for our cars, as well as many others. If you think it'll take too much time for you, go with another supplier and pay out the nose. If you don't have a rush on the kit, but want to save money, go with Ed.

That being said, I have delt with Ed two or three times, once in person (met him at his house to pick up the rear end in my car now). I have no reservations about sending him my money for anything else I go with. I plan to upgrade my fronts again with the WilWood kit as soon as I get my WRX up again.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:06 AM
On Probation

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z
Engine: LsX
Transmission: MN12 6speed
Axle/Gears: 3:42

eds always busy. worth the wait though
Old 09-22-2010, 10:18 AM

Car: 91 formula
Engine: 305
Transmission: t5

guys,

not trying to step on Ed's feet here, but i am parting out my car and i have one of his brake kits for sale if anyone is interested

either pm me or reply to my FOR SALE THREAD, dont want to turn this into a FS thread

it is a bolt on C5 Z06 kit, c5 rotors and caliipers not LS1 stuff, 2k miles on the stuff

complete with spindles, brackets, hubs, wheel bearings, rotors, pads, calipers and ss lines

paid ALOT more than im asking for it, see my classifieds

Name:  IMAG0232.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  105.5 KB

oh and Ed was great to deal with when buying this
Old 09-23-2010, 07:29 PM

Car: 1985 camaro Z/28
Engine: 305 V/8 4bbl carb
Transmission: T5 WC
Axle/Gears: 3-23 posi with 4 wheel discs

all i know is that when i had to deal with ed last winter, he answered my e-mails very quickly and i actually spoke to him twice on the phone, i asked him all sorts of questions regarding the drum to pbr rear discs upgrade, everything from installation to the e-brake cables...he was great and very knowledgable..all this for $85 and brackets he made to make our lives easier and have better brakes on our cars..if people are not happy with his service , then they should move on, no reason to crap on the guy,,he's on our side.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly, and ive seen alot of this recently, where guys like ed get flack over nonsense like this. they get pissed off and stop what their doing, then theres a 500 of us crying why does no one do "insert service here", oh xxxx used to but stopped. i remember years ago when ed started tinkering with this, spending HIS own money tinkering w brake parts and posting dam near EVERY bit of information for us. thanks for doing a great job ed. there very few if almost no cost efficient sources out there.

but, i do know you go m.i.a from time to time with real life stuff. maybe making some kinda post on your site would keep the hounds at bay. it would suck to loose you cause of nonsense

little story, this situation happened to a certain transmission builder, who happened to build certain 1000hp capable (you get the idea) 700r4's at dam near cost of parts, his aunt got very sick and died (raised him from birth), he was by her side for a few weeks, didnt work, didnt even see his girl,etc, but didnt "make a post", caught soo much flack, when he got back to doin it, said eff it all. we lost that guy cause of a bunch of jerks didnt understand. even though 100's of time he said "i dont have to do this, i like doing this, especially for you guys". lucky my friend got one of last built ones. i didnt. 4l80e lol.

btw i waited like 3 months for my spohn sfc's when he was retooling his. he said nothing no posts and took 4 weeks to get back to me, but when he said "xxxxxxxxx" excuse i said ok np take your time thanks
Old 09-24-2010, 10:35 AM

Car: 1986 iroc
Engine: alum. head 350 supercharged
Transmission: 6speed
Axle/Gears: ford 9in 3.90 35 spline moser axles

got my brackets back today he redrilled them no charge thanks Ed
Old 10-05-2010, 07:43 PM

Car: 1988 IROC
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4 Silver Dart
Axle/Gears: 3.70 posi

I don't usually do this but...
Here is a guy working to support his family that has a skill, tools and materials to help us make our cars better. I don't know about whatever anyone else runs into but these cars seem to be the armpit of musclecars and alot of people in the biz don't do much for us. Anyhone that said something negative in this post or thought it reading this should really take a step back and think, that is what is wrong with the US these days, "that is not how to run a business" this or "customer service" that, "I pay good money so everyone should bend over and kiss my feet", Whatever man, that is a bunch or ego filled crap. There are alot of companies out there screwing people that buy from them and people that work for them. Here is a good guy doing somethingon his own to help us out, at little profit, and people get on this board and complain. So what it takes 8 months, your car has had s**ty brakes for 20 years. Good luck finding it elsewhere. You don't see Ed getting on here complaining about all the people that waste his time asking questions and talking like they will buy and don't. It is not like this is all he does all freakin day. Someone is going to **** him off and he will stop doing this due to the headache of complainers and then what will we have, a bunch of overpriced crap from big companies with really expensive replacement parts. Just my 2 cents but for real. Give the man a break. And Ed, I am in for an upgrade next year. There he will have to wait on me to pay him. Does that make anyone feel better?
Old 10-06-2010, 11:14 PM

Car: 1987 GTA Trans Am
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Borg Warner 9-Bolt 3.27

Originally Posted by IROCmenace
Here is a guy working to support his family that has a skill, tools and materials to help us make our cars better. I don't know about whatever anyone else runs into but these cars seem to be the armpit of musclecars and alot of people in the biz don't do much for us. Anyhone that said something negative in this post or thought it reading this should really take a step back and think, that is what is wrong with the US these days, "that is not how to run a business" this or "customer service" that, "I pay good money so everyone should bend over and kiss my feet", Whatever man, that is a bunch or ego filled crap. There are alot of companies out there screwing people that buy from them and people that work for them. Here is a good guy doing somethingon his own to help us out, at little profit, and people get on this board and complain. So what it takes 8 months, your car has had s**ty brakes for 20 years. Good luck finding it elsewhere. You don't see Ed getting on here complaining about all the people that waste his time asking questions and talking like they will buy and don't. It is not like this is all he does all freakin day. Someone is going to **** him off and he will stop doing this due to the headache of complainers and then what will we have, a bunch of overpriced crap from big companies with really expensive replacement parts. Just my 2 cents but for real. Give the man a break. And Ed, I am in for an upgrade next year. There he will have to wait on me to pay him. Does that make anyone feel better?
Old 10-07-2010, 02:40 AM

Car: '91 Camaro Z28
Engine: 383 Vortec HSR
Transmission: Pro-Built 700-R4;Vig 4000 stall
Axle/Gears: Moser M9 9" / 3.89

Originally Posted by IROCmenace
Nice post!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 Camaro SC, 1999 Z28
Engine: GMPP 350HO, LS1
Transmission: Built 700r4/EDGE 3200, T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Eaton 7.625, 3.42 Zexel Torsen

When the day comes I need some LS1 brakes I'm calling Ed.

keep up the good work. Impressive.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Supreme Member

More of the same. I didnt save every email or communication I had with ed, but I was looking at about a week between certain conversations and repeated emails before I could get an answer. I left 2 voicemails that were never returned, left 1 message through his website that was never returned, and at least 1 pm.

Despite lack of communication, I took the plunge and ordered some ebrake cables from his website and got a response almost immediately which seemed promising. Then the communication slowly crawled to a halt. I got my cables after a week or two and they look great but trying to get a shipping update simply never happened other than "They should ship soon".

In the interim I got confirmation that he had other parts I needed. I never could get a price or invoice from him though. I've been waiting about 2-3 weeks now for a response so I can order the rest of my parts for my brake parts. I just realized this whole ordeal has taken about 2 months, and I still dont have all the parts I need. I've done enough research where I feel confident that I can order from other vendors that have this stuff in stock, and can ship in a timely manner.

Its not like I didnt give Ed a 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance etc. I'm a patient man, but this is ri-damn-diculous!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Supreme Member

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
Car: '89 Formula
Engine: LS2
Transmission: 4L65E
Axle/Gears: MW 3.42 12 Bolt

Originally Posted by TPI TERR
eds always busy. worth the wait though
Agree
I felt that some deadlines were missed, so what. I pushed and prodded him (privately, of course-not in a public forum). I found Ed to be reasonable & knowledgeable. If time delays are the only issue, that's part of modification & fabrication processes (not trying to minimize the frustration you feel). I don't know the whole story on his end, but I'm responsible for my own end.
My advice if you want it - contact him, see if you can prod or push. See if he will respond to you one-on-one. To use a phrase; squeeky wheel gets the grease.
I hope to hear publicly that you have resolved it privately.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Supreme Member

Re: flynbye.com brakes - poor service!

I've been trying for months. I dont feel ANY customer should have to PESTER anyone offering a service or product in order to get served. I'm done doing that. Id rather just punch my credit card numbers into a website and get the same parts somewhere else in 3-5 days, install the parts and drive my car instead of begging and begging for a friggin phone call to order stuff.

I was happy with his service in the past, but apparently his service has DRASTICALLY changed since I used him 4 years ago for my complete LS1 swap.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:42 PM

Car: 86 Monte Carlo SS
Engine: LC2
Transmission: 2004r
Axle/Gears: 3.42 8.5" 10 bolt posi

Ive dealt with Ed a couple of times, always got my questions answered. Got my parts, dont remember how long it took. Honestly I didnt care how long it took. I came home one day and the parts were on my porch. I run a small business myself so I know whats its like to deal with shitty customers, so I cut him and other small business owners slack.

This thread reminds me, i need to order some c5 caliper s-10 conversion brackets. Ill be in touch with you soon ed.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:34 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 89 IROC
Engine: 305 TPI / ZZ4 cam
Transmission: Stage 2 700R4, LS1 driveshaft
Axle/Gears: Strange 3.42 w/ Auburn

As other have stated, Ed is busy but well worth the wait. Great parts for a great price and almost any combination you can think of.

Thank you Ed, you rock.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:45 AM
J91
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Z28,64ImpalaSS4094spd,67 Galaxy
Engine: Dart 415Profiler hd,cmprlrs,Hlly750
Transmission: Built 700R4, 3200 stall
Axle/Gears: 3:89 Moser 9"

Originally Posted by Justin89Formy
I've been trying for months. I dont feel ANY customer should have to PESTER anyone offering a service or product in order to get served. I'm done doing that. Id rather just punch my credit card numbers into a website and get the same parts somewhere else in 3-5 days, install the parts and drive my car instead of begging and begging for a friggin phone call to order stuff.

I was happy with his service in the past, but apparently his service has DRASTICALLY changed since I used him 4 years ago for my complete LS1 swap.
Ok so you are unhappy, we get it. Going on and on trashing Ed, is not doing any good here. Can you read? Everyone else seems very happy w/ his products and service. I run a small business, while I try to satisfy everyones needs, sometimes things fall through the cracks! Especially when I am busy. I've had very good experiences dealing w/Ed. It's a free country, if you don't like his service move on. Whining and trashing people on a public forum is counterproductive to say the least.
I hope you have better luck w/your next vendor....
Old 02-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Supreme Member

good, I'm glad. If you look at the thread dates the initial contact was in september. I waited a couple months and decided to give him another chance at the suggestions of pretty much everyone in this thread. I'm just reporting that it didnt work out. This is absolutely a public forum used for informing everyone. If he has 99 positive reviews, and one negative review (me) people can make an informed decision on their own. I still feel the need to share my experience though. Like it or leave it I guess. I'm done with this thread.

Last edited by Justin89Formy; 02-26-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:07 AM

Car: 1988 Firebird Formula 350
Engine: L98 383 cubes Multipoint FI
Axle/Gears: Ford 9 inch with 3.70 gears

I've read hear he is a 1 man operation, but geez he doesn't even respond to an email or send an email when he ships the item. The time frame took so long to get the 1 part I did order, I was about withdraw the payment. Then the day I was going to do that the part showed up.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:32 AM

Car: 86 Monte Carlo SS
Engine: LC2
Transmission: 2004r
Axle/Gears: 3.42 8.5" 10 bolt posi

I called Ed twice yesterday (saturday), answered both times. Got my parts ordered, they will get here, when they get here. Im not worried.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 GTA
Engine: 5.7L Supercharged
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" 3.70

Originally Posted by J91
Ok so you are unhappy, we get it. Going on and on trashing Ed, is not doing any good here. Can you read? Everyone else seems very happy w/ his products and service. I run a small business, while I try to satisfy everyones needs, sometimes things fall through the cracks! Especially when I am busy. I've had very good experiences dealing w/Ed. It's a free country, if you don't like his service move on. Whining and trashing people on a public forum is counterproductive to say the least.
I hope you have better luck w/your next vendor....
Thats a pretty **** poor attitude you have there, Justin89Formy has given his experience with the Ed and that is the whole point of this part of the board. I'am sure some guys like to hear about a dealer either good or bad before they lay down their hard earn cash.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1982 Z28
Engine: LS1

I've dealt with Fly 'n Bye on two separate occasions, and both times found Ed to be very helpful and responsive. I understand that he's a 1-man shop with a full-time job, so my expectations were maybe more realistic. Both kits were top notch and worth a week or two wait time.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 82 Z-28
Engine: Built 406ci
Transmission: 700R4 w/3000 stall
Axle/Gears: 3.73 Torsen Posi, Moser Axles

I have one of his C-5 kits that I bought from a member here who did not use it and when I communicated with Ed about some questions he helped me out and I have bought a number parts from him to help me complete my conversions. He may at times be slow to get back to you but he has always gotten back to me and shipped out anything I have bought as quickly as possible given he works a normal job and is building this business. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again or recommend his products or service, but I would say be patient, he will come through. Remember, "treat others as you would have others treat you".
Old 03-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Supreme Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Car: 88 IROC
Engine: 97 5.7 Vortec LT4 hotcam
Transmission: 700 r4
Axle/Gears: 3.73

I have met and dealt with Ed. Great guy.

I just the business has grown over his head and capabilities. Too much volume for a one man job.

Oh and I know where Ed works. It is not the typical 9-5 job. He works long hours, odd schedules, and is pretty much on call 24-7.

If you need the parts he offers, then you will have to be patient.
If you can find it elsewhere, well thats your choice. You will probably get it quicker, but you might have to pay alittle more. That might be worth it.

If he is the only source, well I wouldnt fuss too much.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 Z28 Heritage Edition
Axle/Gears: 3.23:1

I'm still waiting to hear back from Ed via email.... I've sent him at least 3 emails over the past 3 months, with questions and have never heard back from him... Granted, he's probably busy, but what kind of business lists any email address on their website, but never answers emails from it?! I'm not doubting the products are good, but to not hear back from someone with basic questions really sucks....
Old 03-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Supreme Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Car: 86 Trans Am, 92 Firebird
Engine: 408 sbc, 3.1L of raw power
Transmission: TKO600, T5
Axle/Gears: Moser 9", 3:70 trutac, 3:23 torsion

Originally Posted by Dante93GTZ
I'm still waiting to hear back from Ed via email.... I've sent him at least 3 emails over the past 3 months, with questions and have never heard back from him... Granted, he's probably busy, but what kind of business lists any email address on their website, but never answers emails from it?! I'm not doubting the products are good, but to not hear back from someone with basic questions really sucks....
just throwing it out there, but i lose a lot of important emails because of my spam filter. maybe that has something to do with this?
Old 03-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 Z28 Heritage Edition
Axle/Gears: 3.23:1

Originally Posted by //<86TA>\\
just throwing it out there, but i lose a lot of important emails because of my spam filter. maybe that has something to do with this?
Negative, in this case.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:58 PM

Car: 84 TA,69 camaro,81 vet 92 vet
Engine: 400
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3:73

I'm a one person business. If I returned every email and phone message I got, it would take all my time. There comes a point where you must pick and choose. I know we all feel our message is very important and it may be so. But, you just can't return them all. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Supreme Member

That leads directly to poor customer service. After not hearing back from Ed, I had to get the parts from a different vendor. I kinda wish I didnt wait so long for ed...I would have had my dana under my car months ago
Old 03-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniversary
Engine: 3.4L v6 with a t3/t4 Turbo
Transmission: T-5 Conversion
Axle/Gears: 3.23 SLP Limited Slip

Originally Posted by LarryL
I'm a one person business. If I returned every email and phone message I got, it would take all my time. There comes a point where you must pick and choose. I know we all feel our message is very important and it may be so. But, you just can't return them all. Just my 2 cents worth.
when it gets to that point you need to become a two man job. this is a problem with every small business theres never enough help. however your losing business and getting bad reviews by not answering messages from all that inquire. you might not make more money buy having a second hand, but you wont lose money and reviews by just ignoring and picking and choosing.

hawks does that as well...they have lost money from me numerous times by not getting back to me and also becuase of that i dont look there first anymore

but thats my
Old 03-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '88 Iroc, '91 RS, and a '70 RS
Engine: 5.7 TPI; 5.0 TBI; ZZ4/T56 on the ag
Transmission: A4, A4, slated to be a T56

Originally Posted by Dante93GTZ
Dante, please call me this week so we can talk personally. I'm off for number of days now.

As for Justin, I told him I had the red PC calipers in stock and when I went to set the parts aside for assembly I found I had two left side caliper bodies so I could not help him in a timely manner.

Larry nailed it in a few words. My main e-mail inbox has over 2K messages and I'll never get to all of them, that's just a fact. No disrespect meant here but I do this stuff for fun and a hobby only, I have a full time job that I like and I keep it for a number of reasons but it keeps me very busy. I have no current plans on expanding due to upcoming work schedules and changes over the next two years and I'm comfortable with that. I do what I can handle at one time, accepting all projects that I get asked to do is unrealistic and would delay items even further. I do the work myself to make sure it's right and that's how I'll continue to do it, safety and quality is paramount and time delays from myself and vendors is expected. Thank you for the input and all feedback, it's appreciated.

Ed

Last edited by ebmiller88; 03-28-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:55 AM

I ordered a few items from Ed recently and I want to say that the communication between he and I was acceptable. Email conversation was all that I attempted mainly to being in Iraq at the time I purchased what I did from him. However, all communication didnt go more than 2 days apart with him. And the one part that I ordered that he couldnt get in stock anymore, he was quick to inform me of my options. And he even understood that I could not return the core in his timeline due to the fact that I was deployed at the time. He just requested that I return the core as soon as I could, which I did.

Communication is a two way street in all things, so is understanding other persons concerns, like life situations. Whether it's they have a full time job or what have you. The great thing about America is we all have the ability and freedom to make choices.

I made my choice to buy from Ed and would do so again!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:05 PM

Car: 1988 Pontiac GTA
Engine: 5.7 w/SLP cold air intake
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt 3.27 with PBR brake upgrade

Without Ed's input and advice on this site I wouldn't have been able to figure out what I needed for my 1LE brake upgrade. The number of posts he has put out there is amazing for a friend of the 3rd Gen who does it because he enjoys it. I was able to source most of my parts from eBay and locally but when I needed front rotors and bearing I thought I owed Ed some of my business. I wouldn't have been upset if I had never heard back from him when I requested help on these parts but within a day or so I had heard back with the specifics and how to pay him. Companies like SLP have abandoned the 3rd Gen's and we need more folks like Ed to support our love of these great cars. Thanks again Ed!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:29 PM

Car: 1985 camaro Z/28
Engine: 305 V/8 4bbl carb
Transmission: T5 WC
Axle/Gears: 3-23 posi with 4 wheel discs

same here, ed is the reason i have rear disc brakes on my camaro.
not only for his brackets, but for the info and help he provided.
i sent him e-mails and called him a few times and he answered my questions and gave me hints on how to convert from drums to discs...ed deserves a lot of credit and our business.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:08 PM

Car: '87 GTA hardtop, '86 IROC hardtop
Engine: 385 DFI, 350 carb
Transmission: T-56, T-5
Axle/Gears: ls1 torsen 10-bolt, 9-bolt disc

I think a lot of people on here would not have the brakes they do without help from Ed.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:25 PM

Car: 1982 z28
Engine: 383
Transmission: 4l60e
Axle/Gears: 3.73 posi

ed has been very helpful to me when it came to my questions about the ls1 frt brakes had ordered a set of ls1 brackets for the frt of my camaro, they have been sent in the snail mail now the waiting game, looking forward to get my parts so i can start ripping apart the frt end.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:38 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Just want to offer up a huge thanks to Ed for his help with the recent problem I had with one of his kits I installed several months ago. I can't say enough good things about how responsive he was and his willingness to rush a part to me to fix the issue.

And before anyone asks, a casting broke after 2 months of hard driving. There isn't any way this could have been Ed's fault but he is helping me get it fixed much quicker than I really expected.

I will be ordering from Ed again soon for one of the other cars.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z28
Engine: TPI 310ci (LB9)
Transmission: Custom Rebuilt 700R4 - 2600 Stall
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt, 3.73 Eaton Limited-Slip

Which part broke and from which kit? Just want to know so I can double check if I have the same part.. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:38 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by hellz_wings
Which part broke and from which kit? Just want to know so I can double check if I have the same part.. Thanks.
I purchased with Wilwood GTA kit. One of the Wilwood caliper castings broke where it bolts to the mounting bracket after 2 months driving. My guess is a casting flaw but I'll probably never really know. I am pretty certain it wasn't anything Ed did though.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 Trans Am
Engine: LQ9/L92
Transmission: 4L60E

i ordered in a set of the ls1 conversion brackets last week and received everything saturday. no complaints here
Old 04-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Supreme Member

Received 625 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by ebmiller88
Larry nailed it in a few words. My main e-mail inbox has over 2K messages and I'll never get to all of them, that's just a fact. No disrespect meant here but I do this stuff for fun and a hobby only, I have a full time job that I like and I keep it for a number of reasons but it keeps me very busy. I have no current plans on expanding due to upcoming work schedules and changes over the next two years and I'm comfortable with that. I do what I can handle at one time, accepting all projects that I get asked to do is unrealistic and would delay items even further. I do the work myself to make sure it's right and that's how I'll continue to do it, safety and quality is paramount and time delays from myself and vendors is expected. Thank you for the input and all feedback, it's appreciated.Ed
I've ordered a couple of times from Ed. He'll be the first to admit that he can't be all things to all people. A little perseverance on my part eventually got me the result I was looking for.
Quality products, delivered as advertised.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 T/A 'vert
Engine: Mild .040 over L98 4 bolt mains
Transmission: Mostly stock 700R4, 2600 Vigilante
Axle/Gears: LS1 3.42

Originally Posted by luke j
I think a lot of people on here would not have the brakes they do without help from Ed.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 1991 Z-28/ '94 Impala SS
Engine: 355 TPI/ 350 LT-1
Transmission: T-56 in both
Axle/Gears: 3.73 / 4.56

I have had several e-mail chats with him and always in a timely manner, getting ready to punch a big order from him soon.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:26 AM

Car: 85 Camaro
Engine: forged 383 11:1
Transmission: T56 TDP STAGE 2
Axle/Gears: 99 ws6 3.42 posi rear

Eds a good guy was in the area and was going to drop off my parts but I never responded to the email in time.
I got ls1 ebrake cables and they work perfect and quality is excellent.
Gave good communication through emails and shipped in a timely manner.
Ed is the king of thirdgen brakes in my book and ill be doing the 2010 camaro front brakes here pretty soon so look out for that order

Quick Reply: flynbye.com/Ed Miller/EBMilller brakes - poor service!