Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Rebel Performance AKA rebelperformance.com AKA http://stores.ebay.com/Rebel-Performa

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rebel Performance AKA rebelperformance.com AKA http://stores.ebay.com/Rebel-Performa

This is my review of Eric and rebelperformance.com.

I bought a Lingenfelter 1000cfm super ram throttle body from the rebel performance ebay store. It was advertised for the 89-92 L98 motors.

http://stores.ebay.com/Rebel-Performance

The Good:
-It seemed really cheap at $140.
-Shipping was timely

The Bad:
-Item not as advertised.
-Seller did not check what they are shipping out (with my order to make sure that it was for the right vehicle as they described.)
-Eric originally offered to help, but then denied his offer to help

When the throttle body arrived, my motor was not ready to assemble when I bought this item in July. I didn't notice that was sold to me was a 94-97 LT1 throttle body. Which means that it didn't have the studs for a TV cable or for cruise control. (Which means I need to buy a 4LE transmission and computer to make this throttle body work or buy another throttle body.)

When I asked for an exchange or a new throttle body lever Eric seemed amicable to it. I was delighted that he offered to send a new throttle body lever. When I asked if it would be hard to install, I was told that he wasn't going to send it and that I could send the throttle body back for full credit. And then he e-mailed back saying that he could not help me as it was beyond his 15 day return policy. After that I was basically told go to hell, especially when I told him I was reviewing him on third gen and that the community here helped me figure out what exactly was sold to me. It was past the 15 day refund/return policy of the seller and Ebay protection had run out (past 60 days.)

I was glad that the community at thirdgen.org was able to help me identify the correct year of the throttle body. At least I can now advertise correctly what it is.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/tpi/...ttle-body.html

Currently, it shows that Eric has 2. However from my past e-mail with him, he's got an LT1 throttle body and an L98 throttle body.

If you buy from him, make sure you check right away when you receive your package. Eric doesn't check the items he ships out. If you don't check and contact him right away you're S.O.L.

Poor customer service despite the positive ebay feedback score. I can't buy anything more from Eric at rebelperformance.com based on his e-mailed replies to me at this point in time. I can't trust that I will get my money back if I return my throttle body and I can't do business with him in good faith at this point in time. I suggest you do not either.

I was very disappointed that Eric didn't see it as good business practice to help out a thirdgen member as there are over 146,000 of us. Although his store advertised good prices, the fact that he accused me of buying from him almost a year ago instead of checking to see that it was only the summer when I bought from him bothered me. I've re-emailed him and hope that he can see that there is an opportunity here for him to generate goodwill and business. We are one of the most active car sites in the world and we all take care of and maintain our cars.

His terms and conditions are here:

http://stores.ebay.com/Rebel-Performance/Terms.html

Terms and Conditions If you have any questions, please contact us before purchasing. If you have any doubt about our products or do not agree with our policies, please do not make a purchase. Please read the following rules carefully, if you place an order,thenyou agree with the following conditions. Thank you!
• Please read Item description carefully to make sure the product is correct before purchasing.
• Check your vehicle details properly, and make sure they match the item description or fitment.
• Weare not responsible for non-fitment due to modifications done to your vehicle.
• We do not take any responsibility for incorrect installation or the damage done by it.
• We do not manufacture parts, we distribute them. Any flaws found in product are the responsibility of the manufacturer.
• We will check every part for major flaws before shipment, but minor flaws are inevitable.
• We may run out of stock; even when ebay still shows we have some available, due to items being sold in our walk-in retail store. Items may be shipped directly from the manufacturer;but we still assure prompt shipment or your money back.

It advertises that the do check for major flaws before shipment, but in my case the major flaw was that the throttle body lever was for the wrong vehicle and that was missed.

His Return policy is here:

Returns Warranty Returns
For warrantied items purchaser must contact us directly for technical support. If problem cannot be resolved the purchaser may return item within 1 year of purchase date (unless stated otherwise) for full refund or replacement product. Product will not be warrantied if user error or installation error led to defect.
Non-Warranty Returns
For the purchaser’s money back, items purchased must be New in the Package, and returned with 14 days of receiving the product. Purchaser will pay for all Original Shipping, Return Shipping, Ebay, & PayPal Fees.

If you buy, I would recommend checking your purchase right away.

Last edited by Nelz; 11-24-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: add more.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Rebel Performance AKA rebelperformance.com AKA http://stores.ebay.com/Rebel-Perf

Revised:
Eric at Rebelperformance is an ok guy. After talking to him further about my problem he agreed to take back my throttle body. If you buy from him, just make sure you don't make my mistake and assume that it's ok. Everyone makes mistakes too. Just double check before your 15 days are up and he'll help you out. Or better yet, email him first to make sure that the descriptions match the part.

Sometimes the frustration of a project gets the best of you, and you take it out on the sales guy so my apologies to Eric for coming off as belligerent.

He does have some good prices on items. I'm looking at the ignition stuff right now on his site. It's worth taking a look.

Last edited by Nelz; 01-12-2013 at 12:19 PM. Reason: add more