Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

Third Gen Salvage

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Supreme Member

Received 298 Likes on 234 Posts
Car: 92 Firebird
Engine: 4.8 LR4
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.45 9 Bolt
Third Gen Salvage

Had a bad experience with Will Clark over at Third Gen Salvage. I told him I needed a rust free replacement panel from a car and he didn't inform me of the rot through on the piece. I specifically said in the communication that I would only want it if there was no appreciable rust on the inside of the part. Part of the panel I needed is rusted through and not usable to me, so now I have to look AGAIN for what I need.

So he knowingly committed interstate mail fraud by selling this to me, knowing my terms of the transaction, nor disagreeing with my terms. After I confronted him in an email he said that HE didn't say the panel was rust free, but never pointed that out in any of the communication.

He also wasted my time by not getting the part to me in the two + week time period that I asked about. In the early communication, on Wednesday January the 18th he said the car would be ready to cut by that weekend. Saturday the 21st I emailed and said Just double checking on that section, I will really need it for next weekend to which he replied he was working on it. Tuesday the 24th night I hadn't heard anything so I emailed again, asking if he would be able to get it to me by the weekend, he said it was 3 days shipping after I told him my zip. Saturday the 28th comes and I still haven't heard anything, so I send another email I said I was checking again I needed it for next weekend, and if not that I needed to start looking elsewhere, he replied yes, he was working on it right now. Monday comes and goes, then Tuesday the 31st night I get an email that it was ready to go. I paid that night and asked if it would go out the next day, knowing that it was cutting it close since he told me it would be three days in shipping. Wednesday, nothing. Thursday morning I get an email from FedEx saying the part was shipped Thursday and would get to me on Monday (today). I told him he dropped the ball on this and he blamed Fedex, when he said he would have it to me for the weekend when he had 2+ weeks to get this part to me. He strung me along, and in no way, took any responsibility for any of this.

I have all the email communication to show that I am not embellishing this in any way
Old 02-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Supreme Member

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts
Car: 1989 IrocZ
Engine: 421 Dart Stroker
Transmission: 4L60E Cahall Performance Built
Axle/Gears: Midwest Chassis Fab 9/ 3.55 gears
Re: Third Gen Salvage

You know I feel for you. These fly by night thirdgen parts salvage places are popping up everywhere. Seems everyone on facebook has a thirdgen parts salvage buisness. Its f'in getting ridiculous. They sell rusted out crap they advertise as gold that has been sitting in boneyards for years on end rusted to ****.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
Car: 1 Owner 1986 TA with a WS6 package
Engine: 5.0 EFI
Transmission: THM700R4
Axle/Gears: 277 Posi Speedo

Why didn't you ask for pics?
Old 02-21-2017, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

post the emails then you received pics of the part and I NEVER EVER CLAIMED IT TO BE RUST FREE bottom side was clean top was clean the middle was rusty if you were soo worried about that you could have easily asked for more detailed pics I never checked the inside I cut it out and shipped it to you i sent you pics before cutting and after cutting.
as for the time frame if you were not happy with it you could have backed out at any time I CANT HELP THE FACT FEDEX DOESNT DELIVER ON SATURDAY it is what it is tho their was no pleasing you
Did you happen to mention this cost you nothing because you got a full refund?

But feel free to post the emails otherwise I will I have nothing to hide I run an honest business with thousands of happy customers
Old 02-21-2017, 01:55 PM

I don't think you would consider me fly by night if you dealt with us
Originally Posted by IROCZ1989
You know I feel for you. These fly by night thirdgen parts salvage places are popping up everywhere. Seems everyone on facebook has a thirdgen parts salvage buisness. Its f'in getting ridiculous. They sell rusted out crap they advertise as gold that has been sitting in boneyards for years on end rusted to ****.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:57 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by MantyZ28
I don't think you would consider me fly by night if you dealt with us
Well if you make it right its good buisness for you. Everyone and their cousins brother has a thirdgen parts buisness on facebook. Main reason? These cars are the most neglected generation of cars I have ever seen. Either their rotting away in someones backyard, in a driveway or in a boneyard. People are buying them pennies on the dollar and parting them out for 10 fold. If I ever have to use you, your past can easily come up in a search. If you make the transaction right, it bodes well on your buisness. Customer is always right, remember that if you want to succeed, you have alot of competition. Should have kept this to pm's and made the transaction right and asked buyer to relay it to the boards. Comming on here and debating your customers doesnt look good. Just an fyi.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:46 PM

Well he got a free part so I'd like to think I made it right but claiming I committed mail fraud is where I draw a line I've been doing this for 10 years I'm well aware of how it works but the old saying the customer is always right no longer holds true and all it takes is one person to trash you he wouldn't have been happy if I hand delivered him the part but I'm the bad guy for standing up for me and the business I built from the ground up nah I won't let that slide I'm not out here to rip people off I think my customers get a good deal and if their are issues I like to think I make things right at all costs but this guy won't let it go
Well if you make it right its good buisness for you. Everyone and their cousins brother has a thirdgen parts buisness on facebook. Main reason? These cars are the most neglected generation of cars I have ever seen. Either their rotting away in someones backyard, in a driveway or in a boneyard. People are buying them pennies on the dollar and parting them out for 10 fold. If I ever have to use you, your past can easily come up in a search. If you make the transaction right, it bodes well on your buisness. Customer is always right, remember that if you want to succeed, you have alot of competition. Should have kept this to pm's and made the transaction right and asked buyer to relay it to the boards. Comming on here and debating your customers doesnt look good. Just an fyi.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:56 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by MantyZ28
Well he got a free part so I'd like to think I made it right but claiming I committed mail fraud is where I draw a line I've been doing this for 10 years I'm well aware of how it works but the old saying the customer is always right no longer holds true and all it takes is one person to trash you he wouldn't have been happy if I hand delivered him the part but I'm the bad guy for standing up for me and the business I built from the ground up nah I won't let that slide I'm not out here to rip people off I think my customers get a good deal and if their are issues I like to think I make things right at all costs but this guy won't let it go
Well if you refunded his money and he kept the part Id say that was good buisness on your part. If that is true then the buyer needs to move on and stop bad mouthing your buisness. He got his money back, what more does he want? Not many companies will do that. I agree. He should drop it and stop bashing you. Buy it somewhere else. In buisness you run into this from time to time. Cut your losses, you did, and move on. Better to keep one difficult customer happy then to let it tarnish your rep. If this is how you operate Ill definatly keep you in mind next time I need something. Op needs to clarify this ranting. If not time to end the bs.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:10 PM

thank you I requested pics of the rust he said their was after he sectioned the piece in half their was rust I never would have looked at the inside of the panel unless he specifically asked me about it as soon as he sent me a pic and their was rust I didn't hesitate to refund him all his money including the shipping costs this is too much of a relationship based business I do what ever I can to not burn bridges
Well if you refunded his money and he kept the part Id say that was good buisness on your part. If that is true then the buyer needs to move on and stop bad mouthing your buisness. He got his money back, what more does he want? Not many companies will do that. I agree. He should drop it and stop bashing you. Buy it somewhere else. In buisness you run into this from time to time. Cut your losses, you did, and move on. Better to keep one difficult customer happy then to let it tarnish your rep. If this is how you operate Ill definatly keep you in mind next time I need something. Op needs to clarify this ranting. If not time to end the bs.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:16 PM

Car: 85 Iroc
Engine: V-TEC :)
Transmission: Knuter Valved

This works 2 fold here. Seems to me Scooter would be someone I would avoid selling to just to avoid headaches like this. Third Gen Salvage has a ton of successful transactions on this site. What this really looks like is somebody crying more than anything. Refund was given, he keeps the part and hes still bellyaching? ALL this after the seller did the right thing ONLY makes the buyer look bad. It really does say alot more about the buyer than the seller.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:06 PM
Supreme Member

I actually asked for this post to be deleted a while ago but they didn't it seems.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Supreme Member

I said I needed a rust free part to patch rust in my car, why on earth would I want to receive a panel that has rust in it in the same place as my car? It doesn't matter if YOU didn't say it wouldn't be rust free. I said it had to have no appreciable rust, rot is appreciable rust. All you had to do was look in the rocker for ONE second and you would have seen the rot. I wouldn't have been angry about any of this, but you wasted a weekend of my time without so much as an apology and you sent me a part that was essentially no better than what I had.
I don't think you realize HOW STUPID you sound saying you didn't say it would be rust free, again WHY WOULD I BUY A PART THAT WAS NO BETTER THAN WHAT I HAVE?

You can ask for this thread to be deleted, I asked around the 8th but they didn't delete. I asked because you refunded my money
Old 02-24-2017, 08:42 PM
Supreme Member

Received 83 Likes on 67 Posts
Car: 1989 Pontiac Formula 350
Engine: L98
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: BorgWarner 3.27 Posi

My Facebook buying experience has been like tossing a coin. That being said, the one purchase through Will/TGS was flawless. Lots of photos were provided upon my request.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:54 PM

Car: 85 Iroc
Engine: V-TEC :)
Transmission: Knuter Valved

Yet it seems YOU STILL GOT A REFUND and a free part. You could have asked him for more pics after piece was cut. Like I said, at this point its doing nothing more than making the buyer look bad. Delete this thread? Hell no, it shows that Third Gen Salvage is a reputable buiz that tried to make a transaction right yet the buyer continues to cry about it. Maybe you should send a complaint to the shipping company too for being unreasonably slow during the weekend.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:12 AM

Received 73 Likes on 36 Posts

Third Gen Salvage is one of my main suppliers for spindle cores. Will has always been forthright with time estimates and shipping has been on time when I`ve placed orders with him. Props to him for refunding the buyer, he could have asked to have the part back by all rights before refunding, but it shows by just refunding, his intentions were to just satisfy the customers needs to begin with.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:13 PM

Car: 1989 trans am clone
Engine: 2.8 v6
Transmission: t5
Axle/Gears: 3.72

I'v bought tons of things for my car. I bought a flawless front bumper, fenders, seats, center console switch that works flawlessly, rocker panel ground effects, door ground effects, a hood, wheels, arm rests, visors, door panels, and the front fender ground effects. Everything that I got was flawless and it was a very good price if you consider how many things I bought over the cores of the year. I used all of the parts to restore my '89 trans am. Scooter needs to stop whining about not getting a rust free panel. These are coming off of old cars not brand new cars and if you wanted a rust free part you should have just bought it new instead.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:25 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by transamgtagiy
These are coming off of old cars not brand new cars and if you wanted a rust free part you should have just bought it new instead.
I don't normally call people this but you're STUPID. You can't buy sheet metal in the kick areas new, dumbass. And he agreed it would be a rust free piece, so he was automatically in the wrong, dumbass.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:31 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by 2MNYMaros
Yet it seems YOU STILL GOT A REFUND and a free part. You could have asked him for more pics after piece was cut. Like I said, at this point its doing nothing more than making the buyer look bad. Delete this thread? Hell no, it shows that Third Gen Salvage is a reputable buiz that tried to make a transaction right yet the buyer continues to cry about it. Maybe you should send a complaint to the shipping company too for being unreasonably slow during the weekend.
Dragging *** for DAYS and then blaming the shipping company for HIS part is not a "reputable" business practice.

I said he could ask for the thread to be deleted because he refunded me, so he wouldn't have a thread out there making him look bad, when in fact he was in the wrong. I don't care if it stays or not.
He missed a deadline he agreed to, he shipped me something that did not agree with the terms and then essentially said it was my fault. I am not normally a fan of "the customer is always right", but if you try to sell me something that I don't need, don't waste my time and yours.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:05 PM
Supreme Member

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Transmission: 700R4

Originally Posted by scooter
Dragging *** for DAYS and then blaming the shipping company for HIS part is not a "reputable" business practice.

I said he could ask for the thread to be deleted because he refunded me, so he wouldn't have a thread out there making him look bad, when in fact he was in the wrong. I don't care if it stays or not.
He missed a deadline he agreed to, he shipped me something that did not agree with the terms and then essentially said it was my fault. I am not normally a fan of "the customer is always right", but if you try to sell me something that I don't need, don't waste my time and yours.
If you still have the email chain, post it up. At this point, I agree with you, you asked for a rust-free part, he didn't send you one. Doesn't matter you got a 'free' part, the vendor screwed up shipping you something he knew you didn't want, and wouldn't use.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:05 AM
Supreme Member

I may still have the emails, but I can't get my email at work to be able to post them.

Words go a long way, a "Sorry about the delay" and "I am sorry, I didn't look inside the part before I shipped it" along with some offer for reconciliation would have appeased me. Out of my hundreds of interactions exactly like this over the internet, this is only one of 2-3 that have ended like this. I have had manifolds shipped to me with no packing and they arrived cracked because of the seller, he apologized immediately. I have had vendors also immediately issue a partial refund for late shipments, with an apology, without me even asking for it.