Aftermarket Vendor Review Provide questions and comments about aftermarket part vendors for the Third Gen F-Body.

TPS MotorSports

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 11:14 PM
COTM Editor

Received 1,855 Likes on 1,270 Posts
Car: '89 Firebird
Engine: 7.0L
Transmission: T56
TPS MotorSports

I don't know why, but the guy appears to be a habitual liar. Doesn't have to be that way, he just chooses to be that way.

I ordered a part because it was said to be in stock. I questioned him before paying, (A) Is it in stock? He said yes. (B) I asked him again, "You can actually put your hand on one in your own warehouse? Because I know this item is normally a 3 week lead time and you're the only person I can find that shows one in stock." He said yes. (C) I asked him if it will ship today (Friday). He said it will ship Monday.

I got pretty damn specific about it, don't you think? Well... Two weeks later there is no part and no shipping info. I call and ask if the part has shipped. He's 99% sure it did and he'll get the UPS tracking info. Man, I wasn't born yesterday!

At this point I know he's lying but I didn't confront him. What's done is done and I don't want to start over the 3 week clock with somebody else. He creates a UPS ticket to give the appearance something is happening. Sure enough about 3 to 4 weeks the part ships and I get it.

In the end I got the right parts, at a decent price, and everybody else would have shipped in the same timeline of 3 to 4 weeks. I'm not even mad. I just don't care for his goofball ways.

I will give a compliment though: He was able to answer technical questions immediately by texting the supplier. That's unusual for somebody to have that kind of connection! That did make things go smoother for me, I think.

Last edited by QwkTrip; 07-14-2019 at 11:59 PM.