Auto Detailing and Appearance Share tips and tricks on how to make your Third Gen shine! Get opinions on products or how something tasteful looks on your Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Pics of my 91 RS with Hawks 17" mesh wheels...

Old 04-13-2019, 10:27 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 RS T-Top 5 speed
Pics of my 91 RS with Hawks 17" mesh wheels...

So I got the Hawks 17" mesh GTA wheels on today.........now all I need to do is lower it and it should look pretty good
275/40/17 Continental Extremecontact sports all around

Last edited by BizJetTech; 04-13-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:15 PM

Re: Pics of my 91 RS with Hawks 17" mesh wheels...

Very slick !
Old 04-13-2019, 06:03 PM
Supreme Member

Nice location to shoot photos... Right now Kansas looks like a bit of a mud hole. It'll be another month before everything really greens up. Right now it's a dusty coating on everything, plus a greenish yellow funk on anything due to all the pollen in the air... Plus the weather can't make up it's mind, 80's all week until the last couple days and it's been down in the 30's and highs not above about 50*... So I envy your palm trees and clean setting.

Looks good. Now burnout.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:07 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Nice location to shoot photos... Right now Kansas looks like a bit of a mud hole. It'll be another month before everything really greens up. Right now it's a dusty coating on everything, plus a greenish yellow funk on anything due to all the pollen in the air... Plus the weather can't make up it's mind, 80's all week until the last couple days and it's been down in the 30's and highs not above about 50*... So I envy your palm trees and clean setting.

Looks good. Now burnout.
Thanks Drew
Old 04-13-2019, 09:56 PM

Car: 1982 Z28
Engine: LG4 305
Transmission: Auto

Looks killer man!! It would sure look awesome with black headlight buckets!
Old 04-14-2019, 12:31 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 Camaro B4C
Engine: 305
Transmission: T-5
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Looks great! I almost got the conti tires but went BFG because, at the time, they were cheaper and I also saw photos of how they'd look.

The continentals look really good on that setup. Have you driven it in anger at all? How do they grip? And what lowering springs did you pick?
Old 04-14-2019, 12:52 AM
Supreme Member

For reference, here's my car with Bilsteins and Hotchkis springs. Hotchkis advertised about a 1" drop, but I think it ended up being a hair more than that which is perfect. No rubbing or scraping and the ground clearance isn't much worse than stock. I also have a Hawks adjustable panhard just in case I needed it for alignment. Please excuse the dusty car post autocross picking up some goods on the way home...

Old 04-14-2019, 07:28 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
Looks great! I almost got the conti tires but went BFG because, at the time, they were cheaper and I also saw photos of how they'd look.

The continentals look really good on that setup. Have you driven it in anger at all? How do they grip? And what lowering springs did you pick?
Thanks Kurt - did you use the spacers on the front? I did not because I dont feel they (the spacers) fit properly. They did not seat flush against the wheel mating surface
because it appears the center hole is not machined big enough. It looks like it needs to be another 1/8 inch bigger in order to be able to seat against the wheel mating surface properly.
Surprisingly, the wheels just barely clear everything without the spacers. I may call Hawks to discuss further. I thought about trying the spacers on the rear as I'd like to move the rears
out just a little more (just for looks). BTW.....tires grip BIG time!
Old 04-14-2019, 11:20 AM

The car looks amazing, the rims in black on your car with that beautiful grey is eye catching on any street out there. I just bought the Continentals last summer, I had Goodyear F1-D3's on it and loved the look, but the Continentals are way way cheaper and compete performance wise head to head with the F1's and Michelin Pilots all in the same size.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:16 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by BizJetTech View Post
Thanks Kurt - did you use the spacers on the front? I did not because I dont feel they (the spacers) fit properly. They did not seat flush against the wheel mating surface
because it appears the center hole is not machined big enough. It looks like it needs to be another 1/8 inch bigger in order to be able to seat against the wheel mating surface properly.
Surprisingly, the wheels just barely clear everything without the spacers. I may call Hawks to discuss further. I thought about trying the spacers on the rear as I'd like to move the rears
out just a little more (just for looks). BTW.....tires grip BIG time!
Yes, the spacers are out front. They fit just fine. You were either shipped the wrong spacers or, more likely, a defective car. I'll take it off your hands for a low price given its imperfections.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:26 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
Yes, the spacers are out front. They fit just fine. You were either shipped the wrong spacers or, more likely, a defective car. I'll take it off your hands for a low price given its imperfections.
Make an offer
I must have gotten the wrong spacers with the wheels, luckily they fit fine without the spacers, which is odd in itself
If the spacers fit on the rear I may use them there, IMO, the rears need to come out a little for "looks".
Old 04-16-2019, 02:57 AM
On Probation

Car: 88 Camaro vert/86 SC
Engine: 355 tbi/2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4/T5
Axle/Gears: 2.72 posi/3.42 open

Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
Looks killer man!! It would sure look awesome with black headlight buckets!
I second the black headlight buckets. Gives it a nice finished look. And goes nicely with the wheels.