Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Who has Cragar rear window louvers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 10:24 AM
Supreme Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT
Engine: 2.7L V6
Transmission: 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.41
Who has Cragar rear window louvers?

I bought a set of Cragar rear louvers a couple of years ago. I haven't been able to mount them permanently yet because the hardware that I got with them if pathetically thin aluminum that bends REALLY easily. I just bought a set of hardware off of a guy on a Facebook sale page. The problem with that is I'm not even sure that a, the set is complete, and b, that the brackets are even FOR the Cragar louvers. These brackets don't seem to have the proper screw holes, for one, and for 2, there's only 4 of them when there are currently 6 on the louvers. Plus it seems I'm missing a lot of screws... I only have 4.

Does anyone have a set of Cragar louvers and can take pics of the mounting brackets, preferably with the louvers both off the car and mounted?
Old 04-23-2017, 11:23 AM
Supreme Member

Re: Who has Cragar rear window louvers?

Never mind... I just checked and what I bought isn't even close to the proper hardware for these louvers... Guess I'll have to keep looking.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:23 PM
Supreme Member

Actually, on second thought... I really want to mount these louvers (otherwise I wasted $200 on them) and have no idea what the brackets are supposed to look like. I would imagine there has to be some sort of release towards the bottom so that they can hinge at the top so the window can be cleaned underneath on occasion, and the "brackets" I have now don't allow that without either bending the crap out of them or separating one side of the assembly...
Old 04-24-2017, 11:41 PM

Received 137 Likes on 82 Posts
Car: 85-6 TA 85IROC 82-6 MSE 15th/83pace
Engine: Slow ones
Transmission: 700R4/T5
Axle/Gears: Weak ones

The hardware for these are near impossible to find. You can usually get lucky with the GM sets. I dont think I have seen a set of cregar hardware for sale in years. There is a guy on here that makes the GM hardware for $50 a piece. Maybe he can make some cregars up for you.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:48 PM

Received 137 Likes on 82 Posts
Car: 85-6 TA 85IROC 82-6 MSE 15th/83pace
Engine: Slow ones
Transmission: 700R4/T5
Axle/Gears: Weak ones

Id try to find a Gm set if you cant get the right hardware. They sit lower and make less noise. Actually most of the metal slats are usable with the gm plastic sides. My car pictured has all cregar slats and gm sides. Some of the slats a bit shorter than the gm ones. Like 3/4 of an inch. If you zoom in really close you can see it on mine. I used nos cregar slats that were perfect. So I trade off the little gap for overall look.