LOOKING for chrome brake booster for 3rd gen - Third Generation F-Body Message Boards

Go Back  Third Generation F-Body Message Boards > Tech Boards > Brakes
Reload this Page >

LOOKING for chrome brake booster for 3rd gen

Brakes Looking to upgrade or get the most out of what you have stock? All brake discussions go here!

Old 11-22-2018, 01:55 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 Lingenfelter Z28 articwhite
Engine: Aluminum 615BBC
Transmission: 700R4/curri entps9" locker
Axle/Gears: 4.11

I now its not a go fast part.(got that covered)....just want it to look good...anybody know of any (92 Z28)Chrome bolt in brake booster..did not want to send a GM unit in to get chromed.

anybody know of Any aftermarket units that are done(chrome)and /or any that fit?

Last edited by articwhiteZ; 11-22-2018 at 10:58 AM.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:34 PM
Supreme Member

Car: Yes
Engine: Usually
Transmission: Sometimes
Axle/Gears: Behind me somewhere
Re: LOOKING for chrome brake booster for 3rd gen

I hate to be a ... male organ ... but...

How about, just take your existing booster apart (or maybe even a new, or one with an otherwise known good diaphragm in it) and send the 2 housing halves off to yerbasic local shiny-thing guy? Only take acoupla minutes each way, tear-down and build-back. At least if you're slow like me, and stop for acoupla cold ones in the middle each way, and savor them lovingly. OTOH if you have enough self-control to delay that instant gratification for like 2 minutes, your drive-in to drive-out time could probably be measured in seconds instead of whole minutes.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:36 PM
Supreme Member

I did look at taking one down and doing it (having it chromed) ..I might have to..as iv been looking for the better part of 4 years.. ill have to order one..and take it apart and see what I can remove..

have it done at the same time the heater box is getting done..

Last edited by articwhiteZ; 11-26-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:09 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by sofakingdom View Post
I hate to be a ... male organ ... but...

How about, just take your existing booster apart (or maybe even a new, or one with an otherwise known good diaphragm in it) and send the 2 housing halves off to yerbasic local shiny-thing guy? Only take acoupla minutes each way, tear-down and build-back. At least if you're slow like me, and stop for acoupla cold ones in the middle each way, and savor them lovingly. OTOH if you have enough self-control to delay that instant gratification for like 2 minutes, your drive-in to drive-out time could probably be measured in seconds instead of whole minutes.
UP DATE.. found a place who rebuilds them..(In CA) they are sending me the master cylinder. and the booster.. taken apart .. so I can get them chrome plated and polished.. I then send it back to them.. for Reassembly.. then they ship it to me $170 for the unit after its together tested boxed up... so in the end I get a new Factory GM part. that's made for my car. the booster chromed.. and the master polished.. then I just reinstall ..sweet!
thanks for the Idea..parts ARE on the way!
this way my parts can go on a shelf when I remove them from the car.. like all the other Factory parts...its just a sawp.
THE place doing it sells to Rock Auto and others..and with the help from rock autos site..and 2 phone calls I have a ..factory GM rebuilt parts / AC Delco. booster..(chrome plated with polished master cylinder) keeping it simple..but nice looking..

my engs cam is to larg for eng vacuum .. but we did pick up a vac pump.. just for this...

Last edited by articwhiteZ; 01-04-2019 at 02:35 AM.