Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[FL] 1991 Camaro RS Convertible 5.0 5 speed $4600obo

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 03:05 AM
Want a title? Post!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 Camaro RS Convertible 5.0 5 speed $4600obo

This is a 1991 Chevy Camaro RS Convertible. I bought this a few months ago from an older gentleman who was not the original owner. It has a 5.0L 305ci V8 backed by a 5 speed. It is Teal, with silver/grey interior. It has new carpet, and new front brake rotors and pads. This is the 90-92 dashboard design with drivers side airbag and yellow text and icons. The convertible top is manual, cloth, and has a glass back window. I just drove this car 400 miles to the Turkey Run car show in Daytona Beach and back home averaging 80mph with the top down and it was a pleasure to drive.

I'm trying to be as accurate as possible here, so sorry for the long read.

Cosmetic: This car was repainted in its original color at some point. The paint shines nicely, and has no clear coat issues. It does have a few dings on the drivers door, and there are a few scratches and chips in the paint. I think the worst blemish is the lower front ground effect, it is cracked on both sides, and some paint is missing. I don't see any signs of repairs from major or minor accidents. There is also a chip on the front bumper, and the front turn signals are discolored from age. I searched all over this car for rust, and the only place I could find any was on the inside of the trunklid under the wing, but I believe it is repairable without repainting the outer part of the trunklid. The outer window rubbers are dry and have some cracking, the windshield has a crack on the upper passenger side corner that is not visible from the drivers position. The convertible top is in very good shape, the only issue is that it has started to separate from the frame on the back passenger side about 6 inches in total, but it is not ripped and just needs to be reglued to the frame. There are a few cracks in the plastic above the windshield, as well as the plastic that the seatbelts go through. The dash pad has a few small cracks at the passenger side speaker grille area. The seats have some fading in the darker fabric portions, as well as a few stains. The drivers seat has a few small holes in the right bolster. I replaced the carpet with a high quality, molded replacement, the old carpet was faded and ugly. The rims need to be cleaned, but are in good shape and are complete.

Mechanical: The TBI system was removed and replaced with a Holley carb and edelbrock intake manifold. An HEI distributer was also installed. There is an external electric fuel pump under the car. This is how I got the car. The engine runs a little rough, and puffs a small amount of smoke when first started. This is either due to the carb having no choke, or worn valve guides. Once it's running, it does not smoke at all, and runs quite smooth. This 305 is no power house, it was never meant to be, but it gets up and goes the way it's supposed to. The factory electric fan functions perfectly and is factory thermostatic controlled, but I had to rewire a relay when I first got it so it didn't run constantly. The cruise control is disconnected due to the difference of the carbs throttle linkage, but can be reconnected with a small amount of work. The tach is not currently working, but I believe it is not connected the the HEI distributor, and I may get to that before the car is sold. The tires are old, and while the tread is still thick, I recommend replacing them due to some flat spots from the car sitting. The A/C compressor spins without binding, and the clutch activates, but the system does not blow cold and needs to be recharged. The heater hoses are disconnected which is common on older cars here in Florida. The car goes down the road nice and straight, it doesn't pull. The shocks are decent, but are probably original and 24 years old. The car doesn't leak any fluids at all, there are no spots in my driveway under this car. All of lights work correctly inside and out.

Overall, this is a great car that could be used for Sunday cruising, or as a daily driver. It looks really nice and is certainly much nicer than 95% of the other ones I have seen. I was going to drop an LS drivetrain into this car and make it awesome, but i feel like it's a little too nice to mess with.

I am trying to cover everything I can think of, if I discover that I left anything out I will add it. If you have any questions that I haven't answered here already, feel free to ask by phone 631-445-2879 or email. I can take more pics of the car, just let me know what you want to see. Thanks for reading! Brian