Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

92 RS For Sale, Very fast

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 RS
Engine: Briggs and Straton
Transmission: 700R4
92 RS For Sale, Very fast

Ok guys, long story long... I'm a Retired Army Veteran that has been invited to go on about a 15,000 mile trip from Acunu Mexico to Key West to Prudhoe Bay and return to College Station Texas. The website where you can gain a little more information is www.heroadv.org. The trip is to bring awareness to the 22 Veterans who take their own life a day, we will raise, lower and properly fold the flags in Key West and raise them again in Prudhoe Bay where they will remain. The future plans are to raise a monument for people to take a life changing adventure to visit. I personally will carry five flags and portraits for five of my Soldiers who are no longer with us to honor them and ensure as long as I live their names are not forgotten. Anyway I have a 92 RS that I have owned since 94 and basically not much is original. I used to drag race on the weekends and did about everything to the car for the strip, then one night I decided to drive it to the American Legion and some @$$ broke into it. After I got home I parked the car and never drove it again, I have since found out that rats like the taste of polyurethane because they ate all the bushings out of the front end. The radiator was new but now shot because I only ran water due to track rules. The MSD box wouldn't fire so I ran it back to original wiring and the nitrous kit, I wouldn't push the button without changing the solenoids and the paint being original except on the fiberglass hood is pretty well shot. The pro's, it's a T-top with a carbureted 383 stroker, all Scat internals. The cam, I can't remember the specs but it's a pretty large comp cam designed for nitrous use. The carb is a Holly 770 street avenger with a wet plate nitrous. The transmission was built by a pro who specialized in drag trannys. It is a 700R4 but I put over 5k in it and when it hits 2nd gear if your wearing dentures they will fly out of your mouth. The rear end has an eaton posi with Richmond 4:11 gears. I have true 3" duals exiting in front of the rear tires. I had the engine built to handle a 400 shot of nitrous but never ran over a 250 shot and had no problems knocking down 10:90's. I have a set of 15" drag radials that go with it. I'm looking to get at least 10k for it as it sets, I will spend some time with it prior to any visitors to make sure it is running, again it's been sitting but I started it about three or four months ago. The money will be used to purchase an adventure motorcycle so if you have one you want to trade, hit me up. I am only interested in the 1200 series bikes such as the BMW R1200GS or the Yamaha Super Tenere and needs to be fairly low miles and not too many years old as it's going on an around the continent ride. I have ridden the F800 and it's just too small for all the crap I have to carry. Thanks for reading and let me know if your interested. The car is in College Station Texas, clean title. troy.w.howell@gmail.com