Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

[QC] 1984 Camaro Contempo Cantara

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1984 Camaro Contempo Cantara

*Car located in SE Wisconsin*

1984 Camaro with the Contempo Cantara body kit 305 4bbl 4sp auto. $1,900.

Ive owned this car for over 10 years and didn't know what this body kit was until recently. My dad owned this since before I was born and I bought it from him when I was 16 (10 years ago). It was more of a project than I was able to handle at 16 so it sat in his shop until about 2 years ago. More info below pics.

I put new pads/rotors/ calipers and brake hoses on the front. Shoes/hardware on the back and turned the drums on a brake lathe. New plugs/wires. Exhaust from the manifolds back to where the muffler would be. The floors were rotted out so I cut out all the rust I could see and welded in some new steel, and siliconed around all the gaps between welds. Then welded in some brackets to bolt the seat brackets to. I removed all of the fabric from the seats and ran them through the wash 3 times. The driver's seat is bolted in. I do have most of the interior, it's just not in the car right now. That's how far a got when I got a new job about an hour away from my dads shop and I moved closer to the job. I no longer have time to go up there and work on it so I'd like to sell it. It starts/runs/drives but the tires are around 30yo and dry rotted to the point where I don't feel comfortable letting someone drive it on the street (so the car would need to be trailered, I can deliver within reason depending on price). The radiator support is rusted through and will need to be replaced. Driver door hinge worn out. Some cracks in the fiberglass door part of the body kit. Car needs a lot more love and deserves an owner with more time or a shop close to home. I weighed the rarity of the vehicle against its poor condition and came up with an asking price of $1,900. (I'll try to get a pic now that the drivers seat is bolted down)

Last edited by Thirdgensacharm; 04-07-2018 at 05:17 AM.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:32 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: 1984 Camaro Contempo Cantara

Looks like the hatch, or trunk lid thing is Cantara, but the side skirts are Kobel Predator parts, and the car doesn't have the Cantara's wide body flares.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 1984 Camaro Contempo Cantara

That makes sense. When I started researching it, I couldn't find one with those sides. I don't know much about it because I wasn't born when my dad bought it. I had assumed they were trying to make something that somewhat resembled a Testarosa. Still, I like the look. I understand some hate it, others love it. It's a matter of opinion but they do look much better in person. Thanks for the info.