Carburetors Carb discussion and questions. Upgrading your Third Gen's carburetor, swapping TBI to carburetor, or TPI to carburetor? Need LG4 or H.O. info? Post it here.

Hoses and carburetor plumbing adapters... need advice

Old 11-23-2017, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 Firebird Trans Am
Transmission: 700R4
Hoses and carburetor plumbing adapters... need advice

This is my fourth post in the last week but I need help. I am installing a rebuilt Rochester carb (thanks drew on this site for steering me in the right direction). The hoses for the carb are horrible, they are 30 years old and falling apart due to heat and fluids eating at them, plus I took it out pretty poorly due to lack of good tools and expierence. Getting new hoses is easy but the pieces between that are "adapters" I need to find those. Is there any kit for these type of things it's a 84 Rochester electric choke carb. Here's a picture of examples of pieces I need.

There are more and I would like to replace all of them so if anyone knows of a kit that would be awesome. Thanks
Old 11-23-2017, 05:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1987 Z28 Camaro
Engine: 305 LG4 4bbl
Transmission: TH700R4
Re: Hoses and carburetor plumbing adapters... need advice

check here https://quadrajetparts.com/rochester...jet-c-128.html

ive never had much luck finding hose ends and stuff, ive usually had to make do with leaving enough hose to make the hard right a gentle bend.

tbh ive got an 87 camaro and i cant even identify what those end pieces are! one looks like a vac hose reducer, the big one looks almost pcv'ish
Old 01-26-2018, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '92 RS Heritage Edition
Engine: '90 5.7, Vortec Heads
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 12 Bolt w/3.42's
Re: Hoses and carburetor plumbing adapters... need advice

Try Dorman https://www.dormanproducts.com/gsear...nectors+-+soft they have a good assortment of vacuum connectors. Most of the chain parts stores keep a good inventory.

Search this Thread