Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

cam91rs1

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: cam91rs1

Originally Posted by Pillsbry10
I agree jt, I deal with it everyday. You can tell when a seller does his part and I do not feel this has been done. That's why so many options are out there to protect sellers and buyers. They even protect me in some cases...

He prob won't email you..
No and you can only cry wolf enough times and get a bait of it. He knows and we all know where this is going. I feel its time for him to bow out, be a man, say he lied(if he did)and screwed up and leave peacefully.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:25 PM

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 91 TA / 91 Formula
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42

43 positives don't negate the complaints though... It's part of the business too, the customer is always right. He should be refunding money or protecting himself with tracking and insurance.
I agree with everything here except, the customer is always right. I sell and buy online all the time, and I work retail. Nothing could be further from the truth. Scammers are scammers and unfortunately they are on both sides. This has nothing to do with the situation at hand, just my $0.02.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by JT
Please email me a copy of the receipt that shows the date, name and zipcode.

Thanks,
JT
jt@thirdgen.org

I notice he was online at 5:37. Did you get anything?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Supreme Member

Received 348 Likes on 263 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.11 LS1 Rear End

Some things are just easy to work out. If both parties are legit than there shouldn't be a problem finding a resolution. If both parties are legit than posting helpful info to get past them problem is always a good idea. I keep try to keep my "opinions" to myself unless I have dealt directly with someone. (when my opinion should carry some weight.) Good or Bad, Like it or Not - I call it as I see it. ANYONE shipping a package with no insurance or tracking should expect this type of problem. Insurance should be MANDATORY buying OR selling !!

Being an "official" of any kind in this forum is not a good idea. I buy and sell to many parts to be involved in any kind of official role. I currently have a 5 Camaro habit to support and creating a conflict-of-interest here at TGO is probably not in my best interest. I don't just rip cars apart and sell the pieces............ and when I am selling pieces, people get - or get better - then they are expecting.

If there is ANY other forum that could use some attention - count me in.

Here's the link for filing a USPS Postal Insurance claim. I was working off memory so access the site for details.

http://www.usps.com/insuranceclaims/welcome.htm

Old 11-02-2010, 07:07 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts

Other than being contacted this morning, with a request for my email address (that was already posted), I'm still waiting.

Originally Posted by MartinD
I notice he was online at 5:37. Did you get anything?
Originally Posted by John in RI

Being an "official" of any kind in this forum is not a good idea. I buy and sell to many parts to be involved in any kind of official role. I currently have a 5 Camaro habit to support and creating a conflict-of-interest here at TGO is probably not in my best interest. I don't just rip cars apart and sell the pieces............ and when I am selling pieces, people get - or get better - then they are expecting.
That's too bad. The offer above was an honest one. Since you're familiar in this area and have brought up some shortcomings in this section on different occasions, I wanted to give you a chance at the challenge to see what you could do with the situation.

Really need someone (or two) with experience, understanding and fairness since both Buyer and Seller can be a Scammer and both can take advantage of any situation. I know there is more leaning toward axing some Sellers, but need to also keep in mind that those who may have a prior negative feedback (legit or not) could just as easily be taken advantage of by a future transaction in the attempt to get something for nothing. Scams exist on both sides and can happen with anyone. That's why it's mandatory to have common sense and some fairness as it goes both ways.

Based on some occasional messages I receive from members checking to see if member A is the same as member B, and when I find the two aren't even remotely linked, it tells me that speculation is high. We need to keep some of that speculation in check, while still trying to be pro-active and use best effort judgment.

I would like to do some clean-up in the Classifieds section, particularly the Parts section, with no bias toward buyer, seller or member as to who gets axed, restricted, warned, etc.

This may be one of the more clear cut cases as it has shown a trend, but, ideally, would want to act quicker (with best effort accuracy) to prevent any long-term abuse. I think some of those who have been vocal and upset would be in for a bit of surprise that it's not as easy, with what you have to work with, as some might think.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro RS 25th Anniversary
Engine: 3.4L v6 with a t3/t4 Turbo
Transmission: T-5 Conversion
Axle/Gears: 3.23 SLP Limited Slip

Originally Posted by rdhanded2
I agree with everything here except, the customer is always right. I sell and buy online all the time, and I work retail. Nothing could be further from the truth. Scammers are scammers and unfortunately they are on both sides. This has nothing to do with the situation at hand, just my $0.02.
you are correct, i was using that term loosely(typing on an iphone is hard to do driving lol)....however that is why there are ways to protect yourself as a seller and a buyer. since the seller has more responsibility there are way more ways they can protect themselves.

tracking numbers alone do wonders, like i said before if there is a tracking number you really cant lose...if your to lazy to do that you probably shouldnt be shipping

insurance is nice...but not necessary with most shipping companys, fedex for example will cover the first 100.00 of everything sent. if it gets stolen off a porch, lost, damaged, etc... if the part is worth more than that it wouldnt hurt to have thats for sure

buyers...use pay pal, i cant stress that enough, you can get your money back from them, dont wait forever to do so. if the item doesnt ship within a week or two and you get no response from seller...file a claim
Old 11-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Suspended

Car: 91rs camaro conv
Engine: 305 tbi
Transmission: 700r4 w/shift kit

JT I WAS ONLINE I WATING FOR MY NEW CAMRA TO COME IN THE MAIL AND I'LL GET U THOSE PICS
Old 11-03-2010, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by JT
Other than being contacted this morning, with a request for my email address (that was already posted), I'm still waiting.

That's too bad. The offer above was an honest one. Since you're familiar in this area and have brought up some shortcomings in this section on different occasions, I wanted to give you a chance at the challenge to see what you could do with the situation.

Really need someone (or two) with experience, understanding and fairness since both Buyer and Seller can be a Scammer and both can take advantage of any situation. I know there is more leaning toward axing some Sellers, but need to also keep in mind that those who may have a prior negative feedback (legit or not) could just as easily be taken advantage of by a future transaction in the attempt to get something for nothing. Scams exist on both sides and can happen with anyone. That's why it's mandatory to have common sense and some fairness as it goes both ways.

Based on some occasional messages I receive from members checking to see if member A is the same as member B, and when I find the two aren't even remotely linked, it tells me that speculation is high. We need to keep some of that speculation in check, while still trying to be pro-active and use best effort judgment.

I would like to do some clean-up in the Classifieds section, particularly the Parts section, with no bias toward buyer, seller or member as to who gets axed, restricted, warned, etc.

This may be one of the more clear cut cases as it has shown a trend, but, ideally, would want to act quicker (with best effort accuracy) to prevent any long-term abuse. I think some of those who have been vocal and upset would be in for a bit of surprise that it's not as easy, with what you have to work with, as some might think.

JT, I believe it would only be fair to suspend his account temporarily until he can get his new camera and show proof. He has a terrible track record of these "post office issues". These good people have paid hard earned money for their parts they never got. Just my .02
Old 11-03-2010, 12:38 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro sports coupe
Engine: LS1
Transmission: T56

I AGREE^^^ I WAS UNEMPLOYEED AT THE TIME I PURCHSED FROM HIM AND MONEY WAS LIMITEDANDSTILL WENT FOR IT AND NEVER RECEIVED NOTHIN!!! You know ihave got or even made contact with the item cuz I still keep puttin new threads on here askin for a harness and pcm off an 88 Iroc!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:28 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: To many to list

As someone who sells several 100's of parts a year. It is 100% responsibility of the seller to make sure the parts arrive and in good condition. USPS delivery confirmation costs .50 cents. FedEx and UPS use tracking #'s with every shipment. There is no reason anyone should not receive some sort of a tracking # with every shipment. Now if he had a tracking # and the parts never arrive , obviousley then there are different steps that need to be taken. Definatley cam91rs1's resonsibility to make it right..It seems to be the same thing with all of his complaints though..
Old 11-03-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Steve86TA
As someone who sells several 100's of parts a year. It is 100% responsibility of the seller to make sure the parts arrive and in good condition. USPS delivery confirmation costs .50 cents. FedEx and UPS use tracking #'s with every shipment. There is no reason anyone should not receive some sort of a tracking # with every shipment. Now if he had a tracking # and the parts never arrive , obviousley then there are different steps that need to be taken. Definatley cam91rs1's resonsibility to make it right..It seems to be the same thing with all of his complaints though..

Excellent words Steve. It is ALWAYS someone elses fault. These fine members on here probably cant afford to be "loaning" him money and not get the parts they paid for. Some seem to get a refund and some seem to get the run around.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:10 PM
JT
Community Administrator

We've Suspended Cam's account at this time. May reconsider once we receive the necessary paperwork, from Cam, about the last transaction. However, regardless of paperwork, if the person didn't receive their parts from Cam, it's Cam's responsibility to resolve. I think Cam should make things right with buyers and take selling Parts on here more seriously in order to be fully reinstated. I started to feel a bit stringed on myself by Cam.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Supreme Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Car: 82 TA 87 IZ L98 88 IZ LB9 88 IZ L98
Engine: 5.7TBI 5,7TPI 5.0TPI, 5,7TPI
Transmission: T5, 700R4, T5, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.08, 3.27, 3.45, 3.27

this guy is getting too much leniency as it is, I don't think there's anyone else here with a track record quite like his.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:17 PM
JT
Community Administrator

It was suggested we atleast Suspend his account. There may be a chance that if Cam wants to resume on here, that a Suspend account with an option to be reinstated - IF he makes things right - is a better option to those involved than simply Banning Cam, keeping him out, and thus giving up. If you had a bad transaction with him, you'd probably want a chance that could allow in a result of being refunded/resent the part.

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
this guy is getting too much leniency as it is, I don't think there's anyone else here with a track record quite like his.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Supreme Member

which was a good idea i agree.

i mean doesnt everyone have a cell phone that takes pictures these days?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Supreme Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Car: 82 TA 87 IZ L98 88 IZ LB9 88 IZ L98
Engine: 5.7TBI 5,7TPI 5.0TPI, 5,7TPI
Transmission: T5, 700R4, T5, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.08, 3.27, 3.45, 3.27

Originally Posted by JT
It was suggested we atleast Suspend his account. There may be a chance that if Cam wants to resume on here, that a Suspend account with an option to be reinstated - IF he makes things right - is a better option to those involved than simply Banning Cam, keeping him out, and thus giving up. If you had a bad transaction with him, you'd probably want a chance that could allow in a result of being refunded/resent the part.
Yes but with all the bad transactions in the past, if something was done about it sooner a lot of people probably wouldn't have been burned by him, certainly not his last victims.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:40 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Ideally, I would like to work to improve upon this and have stated as such. I would like to see some assist. So far, though, only 2 (two) people have stepped up with any offer. I could post an Announcement with the request, but if those haven't read this topic and my request, they may not be the best candidate to be updated and aware of what's going on.

That said, when people don't utilize the tools made available to them (iTrader, for example), or go ahead with a transaction despite a few past warnings on here (and there was warnings on here), that's really their decision and taking the risk by weighing the risks. We will never really be able to prevent bad transactions, ultimately, it's a risk everyone takes and they must decide if the risk is worth it. If we were like PayPal or eBay, where a degree of personal information is collected, we could certainly be more proactive rather than reactive.

Originally Posted by Twin_Turbo
Yes but with all the bad transactions in the past, if something was done about it sooner a lot of people probably wouldn't have been burned by him, certainly not his last victims.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Supreme Member

yeah there are definitly warnings...i remember reading a thread on him awhile back before this one(which is why i clicked on it again in the first place)

then again no one ever thinks it will be them that gets scammed...ive bought something from fazttoyz13(think thats the right name) and i didnt have a problem where as others have. it was a low price part though so even had i been scammed it wouldnt have been as bad

1. could we not gather some info for the sake of this section of the board, i mean yes it could be faked like anywhere else but might help

2. maybe make a new sticky about pay pal and how to protect yourself with it and shipping options?

cant tell you how many of these threads i have read where people take to long to file claims or dont know that you can

Last edited by Pillsbry10; 11-03-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:08 PM
JT
Community Administrator

yeah there are definitly warnings...i remember reading a thread on him awhile back before this one(which is why i clicked on it again in the first place)

then again no one ever thinks it will be them that gets scammed...ive bought something from fazttoyz13(think thats the right name) and i didnt have a problem where as others have. it was a low price part though so even had i been scammed it wouldnt have been as bad

1. could we not gather some info for the sake of this section of the board, i mean yes it could be faked like anywhere else but might help

2. maybe make a new sticky about pay pal and how to protect yourself with it and shipping options?

cant tell you how many of these threads i have read where people take to long to file claims or dont know that you can
If you, or anyone, wants to write up the material for item 2, we can certainly sticky it. However, I will be the downer by stating that Stickies and Announcements are often overlooked. Near daily, we're asked by a new member why they cannot post in the Classifieds section - despite the 3rd Announcement at top titled "Having Trouble Posting In Classifieds Section?" that states new members must be registered for atleast 15 days. It's either overlooked; intentionally or unintentionally. So while we can certainly add a sticky, if someone writes up the material, history shows there's going to be a chance it's still overlooked.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Supreme Member

lol i was being optimistic i know all about that, i dont know how many times i see things repeated

at least we could use that info to copy and paste instead of typing it every time...if i get a chance this weekend ill look into it

how much info is filled out when you make an account, its been so long since i did
Old 11-11-2010, 05:45 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA
Engine: Stock LS1
Axle/Gears: 3.70 9 bolt

For what it's worth, I just got my part that I ordered from him today (11/11/10). Looks like on the box it was sent out the 8th, I had an email from him on the 5th that it was on its way. I had to do this part via email since his account was suspended, after he had told me it was sent out on the 1st!

So, it was slow service, but I did get the part I was after, in good shape. he said he was throwing in a door switch, but it's either still in Florida or hiding really well in the shipping peanuts.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:05 PM

Even though he is suspended, he is online right now and i can only assume he is sending private messages to sell his parts. Can that be stopped??
Old 11-11-2010, 09:15 PM
JT
Community Administrator

It appears I made a slight mistake. When his account was Suspended, I forgot that I put it for X days. The logs show his account was automatically reinstated yesterday as those X days had passed. I just noticed this and manually locked his account. I re-locked his account since I've yet to hear from him or the other party involved about any resolution. Even then, he needs to clean-up on his practices.

I removed his several posts he made yesterday and today, as he quickly jumped back in to start selling again. What's even more, there were several lining up to buy from Cam91rs1 despite this thread, his track record and his Suspended account. It shows people either are taking chance knowing the risks, or they aren't doing research. That's why I've said, first and foremost, people need to protect themselves and do their homework.

Cam91rs1, you're going to have to clean-up your behavior and make things right before you'll be reconsidered.

Originally Posted by MartinD
Even though he is suspended, he is online right now and i can only assume he is sending private messages to sell his parts. Can that be stopped??
Old 11-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by V6canvas
For what it's worth, I just got my part that I ordered from him today (11/11/10). Looks like on the box it was sent out the 8th, I had an email from him on the 5th that it was on its way. I had to do this part via email since his account was suspended, after he had told me it was sent out on the 1st!

So, it was slow service, but I did get the part I was after, in good shape. he said he was throwing in a door switch, but it's either still in Florida or hiding really well in the shipping peanuts.
glad to hear you got "most" of what you were promised. did you not however wonder why his account was suspended?

as jt stated doing deals through email is at your own risk...and is very risky. I(as many others would) recommend you try to stray away from that.

those packing peanuts are such a pain and so useful all at the same time, ive lost things in boxes that way
Old 11-11-2010, 10:52 PM

glad to hear you got "most" of what you were promised. did you not however wonder why his account was suspended?

as jt stated doing deals through email is at your own risk...and is very risky. I(as many others would) recommend you try to stray away from that.

those packing peanuts are such a pain and so useful all at the same time, ive lost things in boxes that way
Yea, I had already paid for the part before his account was suspended, realized that I couldn't reach him via pm, so used his paypal email to contact him. That is also when I came across this thread. I just wanted to follow through on the deal since I had paid. Fortunately it more or less worked out. I was waiting to see what he did before I posted here, hoping he'd want to redeem his reputation.

I dumped the whole box of peanuts out and there was no door switch, I'm going to give him the chance to live up to his word or not on that.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 camaro vert
Engine: ls1 soon
Transmission: t56 soon
Axle/Gears: moser 12bolt 4.10 soon!

whats stopping him from just making a new email address like a yahoo or gmail and making a new name on here and starting his crap all over again? i havent bought from him and see that hes offering free parts with paid shipping now but after reading all this.. no way.. im an honest guy that is trying to get rid of parts on here too and none of it is moving.. i dont think im asking to much and the parts i have are in really great shape inless stated other wise.. if there were less people like him maybe the honest people like me could actually sell these parts and make the money we need to make the changes to our cars that we work so hard for..
Old 11-12-2010, 06:03 AM

JT, Here is a PM i got last night from him. He is cocky ill give ya that. It seems its NEVER his fault.

Originally Posted by cam91rs1
HEY WHATS YOUR PROB WITH ME? WHAT DIRECT DEALING DID I HAVE WITH U? I NEVER HAD ANY DEALING WITH AND ALL U SEEM TO DO IS TOSS YOUR 2 CENTS INTO MY DEALINGS AND FOR YOUR INFO MY SUSPENTION WAS A TEMP THING IT WAS REMOVED LAST NITE AT 8 SO YES I AM ON LINE AND I DON'T NEED TO SEND PM'S I'LL POST RIGHT IN THE AD'S NO PROB
He is right, he has never had dealings with me because i looked elsewhere right before i was about to get up a big parts order with him and then seen what he was doing.

Last edited by MartinD; 11-12-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Supreme Member

i feel like that right there just proves he doesnt need to be re instated
Old 01-07-2011, 12:54 PM

Car: 1988 Camaro sports coupe

Yea this guy full of it he tried tellin me thru email that he sent me money back did that get lost to hahahaha cuz I never received it he shud just be banned ip address and all so he can't make a new account this guy a fraud!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:37 PM

I saw another post where he scammed somebody else with a trans swap, about $1300 worth if he sold both complete swaps. Hes going down with a bang now. I think a lawsuit should come out of this. Maybe he will bring his "paperwork" to court to prove he shipped his parts.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:30 PM

Car: '92 Camaro Vert
Engine: 305 TBI V8

I would like to post my experience with cam91rs1. I consider it to be positive, though not entirely. I was interested in a leather e-brake handle, 91-92 cigarette lighter, and radio bezel he had posted in a "free, just pay shipping" thread. I PayPal'd him $10 for those three things. This was a while ago, so I don't remember how quickly I received everything, but I don't remember it being an unreasonable amount of time. The radio bezel I just wanted as a spare, but is in great condition. The leather e-brake handle is in good condition. The only problem was the cigarette lighter - where the plastic meets the metal is a little melted, and I think it messed up my lighter socket...since I started using it the lighter socket has caused my ACC fuse to blow three times - once with the lighter in, once with my GPS plugged in, and once with my GFs massaging seat cushion.

Like I said, I consider it overall positive. I'm not trying to stick up for him or vouch for him or take sides or anything, I simply want to add my experience to the thread.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:12 PM

Wow i was emailed about jared again asking to help people out that he has ripped off. I had dealings with this guy over two years ago and here i am again. I dont even own a 3rd gen. WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL BUYING FROM HIM SHOULD BE A HUGE STICKY ON HIM. Be aware when i delt with him his paypal was in the red so he could not even refund me till he jacked someone else to get back into the black.

Last edited by yetterben; 01-11-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:28 PM

Car: 90 formula
Transmission: auto

damn glad i read this!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:40 AM

Car: 90 formula
Transmission: auto

damn even found him on CL
Old 05-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1995 Formula
Engine: LT1 350
Transmission: Built 4L60e
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt, Eaton posi, 3.73's

What is CL?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Supreme Member

I don't want to bash him yet.

I feel a little better today about purchasing from cam91rs1. One good thing is he answers my calls most of the time, so that makes me feel a little better, even though what he says has not matched what he's done.

The $800 transaction occurred through PayPal, via another forum, under the same screen name, then I read all this stuff about him here, and I was like, "uh oh."'

He's been telling me he'll give me tracking numbers, but no go.

It's been nearly a month.

I finally got the correct packing/shipping place from him today. I called, and one box is packed and shipping out today....but no tranny is there yet. The lady there said he told her he would be there today with the tranny. We shall see. I have no idea what all is in the packed box, but it weighs 60 pounds. Guess I'll see when it arrives.

$800 didn't come easy for me. I work my frickin' butt off. I hope the tranny and pedals arrive at Hawks one day. If they ever get it, they're going to rebuild it for me and do the pedal mod on the 4th gen pedals for my swap.

Last edited by New2Chevy; 06-01-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:53 AM

What other site is he selling on. He is well know for what youre going through
Old 05-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Supreme Member

He got the parts to the shipping place. I called the place, and all the parts the lady there said she packed are the parts that I paid for.

So far so good....he was just sketchy when I spoke to him on the phone. It was weird, like he was hiding something. And I don't know why he kept telling me the parts were dropped off at the shipping place when they weren't yet.

It's ok to be honest and tell me that there have been delays. Sheesh.

As long as all the parts arrive and in fair condition (which is what I expect with older tranny parts) then I can't really talk bad about the guy at all.

And as long as Hawks tells me the T56 isn't cracked open or something.....he he he. That would suck.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by New2Chevy
So far so good....he was just sketchy when I spoke to him on the phone. It was weird, like he was hiding something. And I don't know why he kept telling me the parts were dropped off at the shipping place when they weren't yet.

It's ok to be honest and tell me that there have been delays. Sheesh.

As long as all the parts arrive and in fair condition (which is what I expect with older tranny parts) then I can't really talk bad about the guy at all.

And as long as Hawks tells me the T56 isn't cracked open or something.....he he he. That would suck.
This is his MO, seems he has a problems with the truth, even when it would serve him better.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Supreme Member

All the stuff he said I was getting are what he shipped out, so all is well.

Last edited by New2Chevy; 06-01-2011 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:19 AM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: LS1383 in work
Transmission: Magnum F
Axle/Gears: Zexel Torsen 3.73, 28-spline mosers

I'm going to jump on an old post here. I ran into this guy on the Trans Am Lovers page on Facebook. He had a wrecked car to sell parts on. I need a new steering wheel and the pictures he had were of a good one. $100 dollars and 6 months later and no dice. Wish I had seen this before hand. His name on facebook is Jared and here is his page:

Jared Convertito

He also has a record here:

Jared Convertito Mug shot

some guys are just A-holes.
Old 08-08-2015, 03:57 PM

Car: 1987 GTA Trans Am
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Borg Warner 9-Bolt 3.27

I've dealt with this guy locally and that's the only way I'd deal with him.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Supreme Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: LS1383 in work
Transmission: Magnum F
Axle/Gears: Zexel Torsen 3.73, 28-spline mosers

He owes me $100 or a steering g wheel. He's a lying thieving ****.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:12 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 90 RS 'Vert, 88 IROC-Z, 88 Firebird
Engine: 305 ci tbi, 305 ci tpi, 350 ci tpi
Transmission: WC-T5, WC-T5, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.45, 3.27, 3.27

I'm beginning to feel like I've been had too. I wish I'd done research on this guy before I sent money. Paid him via PAYPAL for an item on 7/18. 11 days later, Still no tracking number, no parts, and no response to my two email requests for a tracking number. I paid for the same item from another person I found on the "parts for sale" section of TGO. Got the part on 7/25. This is not how I run my business. I'm surprised to learn that he is flaky. I'll keep you all posted of what transpires.

Lon
Old 07-30-2016, 12:46 AM
Supreme Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts
Car: '91 GTA, '92 T/A Convertible
Engine: GTA: 350 w/Vortec heads, T/A: 305
Transmission: Pro-built 700R4
Axle/Gears: GTA: 3.27, T/A: 2.73

Yes dude is a scammer. I actually bought a '92 T/A convertible from him back in late April. Got the car the first week of May (He's in Florida, I'm in California so the car was shipped). In the very first e-mail I asked him about the lower air dams and the front GFX. He said they were all there and that he had replaced the GFX with new pieces. I had him remove the air dams and put them in the trunk so the shipping company wouldn't break them. When the car arrived, the air dam pieces weren't in there and the passenger's side GFX was broken. It is obvious the break was not recent as the broken area was weathered. I contacted him immediately and he blamed the shippers. I filed a claim by his request(even though I new it wouldn't be approved).

He said the guy he works with forgot to put the air dams in the car and that he would send them to me. After about a week and a half (with me texting him about every other day) he said he shipped the air dams. After another week, I asked him for the tracking number because I hadn't received anything. He made excuses about how it was at home and he works late and the usual . After a month I started to text him between two and four times a day asking for the tracking number or proof that he sent it because I didn't believe he sent it. He told me to find a set myself, which I said fine as long as he pays for them. I ended up find a good condition pair for $100. Surprisingly, after four days of texting literally every hour on the hour, he actually sent me the money via paypal. It took me over a month of texting him every day to get to this point.

I then told him I expected him to honor his word about the GFX. He flat refused to accept responsibility as he claimed he replaced them last year. It quickly went south from there and did not remain civil. That was a couple days before I had to head out on the USS Vinson (where I am right now). When I get home, I'll probably harass him some more about them. There were a few other minor issues that I had with him (like the "mint" engine that had an oil leak from the oil pressure sending unit-easy fix). I can accept if I didn't ask about it (like the missing sun visors) or something like that, but I specifically asked about the GFX and they arrived broken. Its pretty simple to me. Just man up. Some people just don't have any integrity.

My advice to you Lon, is to just keep texting/calling him about once a day or two. Let him know that you aren't going to go away until he pays up or delivers the part. That's how he gets away with stuff. He knows that most people will just cut their losses and go away. Too bad there isn't anyone in the Tampa Bay/Tarpon Springs area that is willing to go and "retrieve" the items that he owes people.

Eldon
Old 08-05-2016, 12:33 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 90 RS 'Vert, 88 IROC-Z, 88 Firebird
Engine: 305 ci tbi, 305 ci tpi, 350 ci tpi
Transmission: WC-T5, WC-T5, 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.45, 3.27, 3.27

OK, I can finally post the conclusion of the transaction. Jared posted that he was parting out a 89 GTA. I sent him a message inquiring if he had the part I needed. He eventually got back to me that he had one and we agreed on a price and that PAYPAL was OK for payment method.

7/18 I sent the payment by PAYPAL.

Jared sent me a message on Wednesday 7/20 that he'd shipped the item, but no tracking number was sent.

On Friday 7/29 I requested that he send the tracking number since I still hadn't received the item.

Jared: "I'll get it for u in the morn its n my desk at shop idk whats taking so long"

Saturday I sent two more requests for the tracking number (morning & night).
Monday morning, yet another request for the tracking number.
Monday night, since no tracking number was rec'd or Item I requested a refund.

Jared replied a little over an hour later: "calm down i just got home from work i dont live on fb when im at work and i dont get it on my hone"

He finally sent me a tracking number Tuesday morning 8/2. However the tracking number did not show up on USPS.

Tuesday: still no pkg. I requested for him to verify the tracking number is correct.

Wednesday morning; Jared "yep sure is thats the number on the receipt idk what u want me to do"

Today: Yea! Package is FINALLY here. The tracking number is different by one digit than what he sent me, (explains why USPS had no info). Here's the interesting thing. The USPS shipping label shows it shipped on 8/1 not 7/20.

Me to Jared "OK it tests good. Just a suggestion for the future. If you don't have the chance to ship it, just let the customer know. You told me it shipped 7/20. The label shows it shipped to me on 8/1. It would have saved us both a lot of needless grief."

Jared's response: "i shiped it when i told u i shipped it!!!"

Sent a picture of the shipping label to Jared along with this message: "OK sorry, someone at USPS must have switched the label to one that reads August 1st for the one that was originally on the package. I don't know what their motivation would be to do that. Also yelling at a customer? "!!!" Not a way to earn repeat business. Thanks for the item. But to be honest I've never yelled at a customer in person of by text/email. Not a strategy I'd use. Take care"

Jared: "whatever never been called a lier b4 over a 25 dollar part enjoy it"

Two mistakes I'll admit I made. First mistake, Jared requested I either send the PAYPAL payment as a gift, (so he doesn't pay the fees) or bump the agreed amount by the 4% he'd pay in fees. OK, I sent it as a gift. He saved $1 in fees. However I failed to realize I now lack any recourse via PAYPAL if the deal goes south.

Mistake two, I failed to do ANY research on him. If I had researched his user name (wihich I did later to discover in shock that he's had a less than stellar history of selling here and elsewhere).

I never would have pursued the transaction had I known of his flaky history. This could have been the beginning of a good relationship, since this item is something I'll continue to need and he initially claimed he had "boxes of them". Sadly that dwindled to just the one. Ultimately I'm happy I have the item available for my customers, but it was a heck of a lot of work!

Lon
Old 08-05-2016, 12:07 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 Z28
Axle/Gears: 3.73 10 bolt

So he won't have a car up for COTM anytime soon I'm guessing? lol

It is a shame. I've had some great transactions with some folks and absolutely horrible ones with others.

I'm pretty sure I had an issue with this same guy like gosh 12-13 years ago when he was in Jersey. Sold me a "as brand new dash" but shipped a completely destroyed one and tried to blame UPS. Eventually I got monies back via Pay Pal, but it was still a huge PITA.