Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

3rd Gen Parts/transamguy84

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd Gen Parts/transamguy84

Well this is going to be a long post, it started earlier this year when I was buying parts for a knight rider conversion. I purchased a rear blackout for the taillight and things started to seem shady from there where he only took payments outside of ebay's system and even said that I'd pay less fees if I sent it under friends payments. Now its very strange that a seller is circumventing ebays system to pay with a supported payment method, all signs I should have seen. When the package came in I layed it up to the rear taillight to see what the fitment would look like, and to my disappointment the gaps on the sides were abnormally large and confirmed that the size was wrong with another person who had completed his conversion. I then called the seller to resolve the issue and the seller refused any returns or refunds, which he did state in the ad, however since he went around the Ebay system and said I should use the friends PayPal option I was not able to get any help from either company.

Fast forward a couple months later, I saw a ad for 82 firebird parts here on the forum and contacted the seller. He replied with
"Why don't you retract your negative feedback you left me on the blackout and we might be able to deal

Dave "
I told him that I didn't want to buy from him because of the money I lost from getting a defective blackout, which was around $100, after that he accused me of not trying to resolve it, even though I called him and he gave me no options to get any money back. Now he gave the option that if I remove my bad feedback then he would refund me, so I instructed ebay to do it and it was done. Also when I looked at my feedback page I found that he countered my review by calling me a liar. He said that he was camping for 4th of July, date that the review was removed, and I respected that, I emailed back after 5 days to see if he could send the refund and he said that he was still camping, I then waited about 9 days after that and emailed him asking about it again and he said that he'll send it in August because he said he'll be camping for another month. Now its been over a month of waiting since the review was removed with a week into august now. This was a simple PayPal transaction that I waited over a month for, ample time to complete a 5 minute transaction, and his other excuse of needing to put money in his PayPal account at the bank sounds crazy as I've used my bank card to send money to friends all the time. Now I'm making this message to inform people what you can possibly expect from this seller and I hope others won't make the same mistake I did.

I have email screenshots if anyone is doubting the interactions that I had back and forth with him and can gladly provide them if needed.

Again this was my experience as I recalled it with him and you can feel free to give any input about this buyer.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:54 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: 3rd Gen Parts/transamguy84

Ol David Sanchez strikes again. Hard to figure why people keep playing his games. His prices are astronomical, his feedback is crap, and his posts on the forum make him out to be a "scumbag". I'm sorry you got taken for the full ride. Hopefully your feedback here, helps prevent future prospective buyers falling for his tricks.

BTW Never pay for an item with "friends and family" or "gift" or any other method that circumvents Paypal taking their percentage. Paypal fees are $0.30 + 3%. So on a $100 purchase, it'd be $3.30 to cover the fees. If the seller isn't willing to cover the fees, they're probably not a seller you want to deal with. If you want to be a nice guy, go ahead and pay the extra $3.30. It's worth the expense for the peace of mind.

Also you should report him to Ebay for manipulating the payment, and feedback extortion. Probably won't make a difference, but maybe if they receive enough reports, his seller account will get disabled.

Last edited by Steve86TA; 08-16-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1992 Trans Am
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

Sounds like a standard play from this guy
Pretty odd he has been "camping" for a month, yet has plenty of time to keep bumping his overpriced/junk/garbage FS, and part-out threads on this board the whole time.

Good luck OP. Be prepared for him to chime in, call you a liar, and be completely oblivious to any stone cold proof you post. Also, be prepared for a lot of random words capatalized, mid sentence, in his rebuttal. May look something like this........

"Worst buyer I HAVE ever dealt with!!! My ebay FEEDBACK is FLAWLESS!!!!! I have been SELLING parts for 15 YEARS and this IS the worst deal I have EVER done."

Finally, be prepared for him to refer to you as a "scammer" at least 6 times, regardless of what the evidence shows. Facts do not come into play with a narcissist.

Last edited by Steve86TA; 08-16-2018 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Supreme Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts
Car: '91 GTA, '92 T/A Convertible
Engine: GTA: 350 w/Vortec heads, T/A: 305
Transmission: Pro-built 700R4
Axle/Gears: GTA: 3.27, T/A: 2.73

I want to feel bad for you, I really do. But you got scammed and actually seemed to help him scam you. First you went outside eBay to deal with him, then you paid for an item with the Friend & Family option, and then after getting scammed you went back and removed your negative feedback. So now you are left with zero leverage to get him to actually deal with you honestly. Please don't take this as me siding with him or blasting you. But in the future, remember that when a seller online is trying to get you to go outside the normal system and that in doing so it leaves you with no method of retribution, then don't do it. The only time I do anything like that is when I know and/or trust the seller. There are a lot of good people here on TGO (92GTA, Tuned Performance, 92TransAm, Drew, Scooter, etc.), but there are a few scammers. Even more so on eBay. I've been burned before as well (Jared Convertito). Best of luck in getting your money or product.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:52 AM

Yep, it is definitely a learning experience as its the first time that I've been scammed, I'm definitely going to be alot more cautious when a seller is using a similar payment method.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Supreme Member

Received 408 Likes on 259 Posts
Car: 1984 TA (1 stock / 1 custom)
Engine: LG4 / turbo LQ4
Transmission: 700R4 / 4L80E
Axle/Gears: Stock / 4:11 Moser 9"

Originally Posted by Drew
BTW Never pay for an item with "friends and family" or "gift" or any other method that circumvents Paypal taking their percentage. Paypal fees are $0.30 + 3%. So on a $100 purchase, it'd be $3.30 to cover the fees. If the seller isn't willing to cover the fees, they're probably not a seller you want to deal with. If you want to be a nice guy, go ahead and pay the extra $3.30. It's worth the expense for the peace of mind.
Best advice here - never pay with friends and family or gift if you don't know the seller. You have absolutely no recourse should things go south.
I hate when sellers say the buyer has to cover the Paypal fee(s). That's against Paypal policy, but a lot of sellers on forums do this. The seller should pay the fee for using Paypal's services.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Supreme Member

Let's just take a quick look at some red flags, next to a reputable Ebay dealer... First up, we've got Good Ol Dave's profile page. Check out the 93.3% positive feedback, and the 3 negatives in the last 12 months. Wow! Check out the Detailed Seller Ratings, not very confidence inspiring. Also note that in the limited "items for sale" shown, we have busted tail lights, two $50 bumper covers for five times their value, a set of faded seats, and an impact bumper... Just... Wow.

For the sake of comparison, let's take a look at a reputable seller's page. User selected at random, but a forum member just to keep things fair. Notice 100% positive feedback, with 8 times as many sales, 5-star detailed seller ratings, and only one neutral feedback. Notice how long he's been selling. Almost like he does this a bit and rarely encounters folks he can't get along with. Hmm.

Ok, let's take a look at an actual listing, we'll start with Dave... Busted tail lights. Damage is mentioned, but note the "SOLD AS-IS". Now check out the handling time. Ebay actually puts a flag and a note on it because it's excessive by their standards. Then there's the return policy - No Returns. Hmm. OK. On to the specifics and description... Without dwelling too much, notice all the random crap thrown in here, the formatting and ramblings of a sociopath. The seller reads a bit like a serial killer with a persecution complex. It rambles on for so long, we lose interest before we ever get to a description of the item being offered. It's just page after page of "It's not my fault" and "don't try to screw me" and bold faced yelling. He's telling us right out in the open that he's a nightmare to work with. See the warning signs?

I actually couldn't zoom out far enough to get his unibomber-manifesto all in a reasonable number of screenshots, but you get the idea.

So let's take a look at Steve86ta's listing for a tail light... First things first, notice how it's just the passenger's side? Presumably Steve has already thrown away the busted tail light, because why try to sell trash? Crazy. And his asking price... Hey, that's actually reasonable, but wait I'll bet he charges an arm and a leg for shipping to artificially boost his profits.... hmm... Nope, $15 sounds pretty reasonable. 30 day returns. Almost seems like he's a reasonable character. Shipping and handling time is also reasonable, and not out of the ordinary. Mind blowing.

Well what about the description, I'll bet it's at least a little rambling right? Nope. Clear specifics, minor issues disclosed, easy to read, it's not like an assault on your senses. Almost seems like Steve86ta might be a sane individual. Even his 'cover your ***' fine-print block is non-offensive and to the point.

I hope this comparison helps someone, anyone, to maybe avoid a deadbeat seller, and recognize a reputable seller like Steve86ta on Ebay. The signs are all there if we look for them, and we can avoid a lot of hassle by simply looking for them.

NOTE - This doesn't excuse 3rdgenparts shady practices. Guy is not a good seller, period.

Last edited by Steve86TA; 08-16-2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:16 PM

Let's just take a quick look at some red flags, next to a reputable Ebay dealer... First up, we've got Good Ol Dave's profile page. Check out the 93.3% positive feedback, and the 3 negatives in the last 12 months. Wow! Check out the Detailed Seller Ratings, not very confidence inspiring. Also note that in the limited "items for sale" shown, we have busted tail lights, two $50 bumper covers for five times their value, a set of faded seats, and an impact bumper... Just... Wow.

For the sake of comparison, let's take a look at a reputable seller's page. User selected at random, but a forum member just to keep things fair. Notice 100% positive feedback, with 8 times as many sales, 5-star detailed seller ratings, and only one neutral feedback. Notice how long he's been selling. Almost like he does this a bit and rarely encounters folks he can't get along with. Hmm.

Ok, let's take a look at an actual listing, we'll start with Dirty Dave... Busted tail lights. Damage is mentioned, but note the "SOLD AS-IS". Now check out the handling time. Ebay actually puts a flag and a note on it because it's excessive by their standards. Then there's the return policy - No Returns. Hmm. OK. On to the specifics and description... Without dwelling too much, notice all the random crap thrown in here, the formatting and ramblings of a sociopath. The seller reads a bit like a serial killer with a persecution complex. It rambles on for so long, we lose interest before we ever get to a description of the item being offered. It's just page after page of "It's not my fault" and "don't try to screw me" and bold faced yelling. He's telling us right out in the open that he's a nightmare to work with. See the warning signs?

I actually couldn't zoom out far enough to get his unibomber-manifesto all in a reasonable number of screenshots, but you get the idea.

So let's take a look at Steve86ta's listing for a tail light... First things first, notice how it's just the passenger's side? Presumably Steve has already thrown away the busted tail light, because why try to sell trash? Crazy. And his asking price... Hey, that's actually reasonable, but wait I'll bet he charges an arm and a leg for shipping to artificially boost his profits.... hmm... Nope, $15 sounds pretty reasonable. 30 day returns. Almost seems like he's a reasonable character. Shipping and handling time is also reasonable, and not out of the ordinary. Mind blowing.

Well what about the description, I'll bet it's at least a little rambling right? Nope. Clear specifics, minor issues disclosed, easy to read, it's not like an assault on your senses. Almost seems like Steve86ta might be a sane individual. Even his 'cover your ***' fine-print block is non-offensive and to the point.

I hope this comparison helps someone, anyone, to maybe avoid a deadbeat seller, and recognize a reputable seller like Steve86ta on Ebay. The signs are all there if we look for them, and we can avoid a lot of hassle by simply looking for them.

NOTE - This doesn't excuse 3rdgenparts shady practices. Guy is not a good seller, period.
Hard to argue with that comprehensive analysis. I can only come to one conclusion.....avoid this "scumbag" at all costs.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:22 PM
Supreme Member

Received 408 Likes on 259 Posts
Car: 1984 TA (1 stock / 1 custom)
Engine: LG4 / turbo LQ4
Transmission: 700R4 / 4L80E
Axle/Gears: Stock / 4:11 Moser 9"

Did you ever notice that a lot of the pictures posted by 3rdgenparts of parts for sale have spray paint overspray on the ground next to the part?? Makes you wonder what the part actually looked like before being “touched up”
Old 08-07-2018, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by battmann
Did you ever notice that a lot of the pictures posted by 3rdgenparts of parts for sale have spray paint overspray on the ground next to the part?? Makes you wonder what the part actually looked like before being “touched up”
No doubt. When he hooks some poor soul, he takes them to the cleaners.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:11 PM

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Car: 1987 GTA
Engine: 5.0
Transmission: Automatic

Making a living, one rip off at a time. He will crash and burn
Old 08-08-2018, 07:19 AM
Supreme Member

Received 721 Likes on 490 Posts
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 355 TBI
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt.Posi-3.73s

Yep. Karma will catch up. Always does.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:31 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: To many to list

Thanks for the kind words guys. I obviously try to be as honest as I can with my listing and photos. I have been buying/selling/parting 3rd gen parts since these cars were new and have sold thousands and thousands of parts worldwide. I have been one of your constant go to guys for parts from the beginning and appreciate the continued support throughout the years. I have seen many "sellers" come and go throughout these years and they will weed themselves out eventually.
You guys are always welcome to PM or text me about parts anytime.

Thanks again,
Steve86TA

Last edited by Steve86TA; 08-11-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:24 AM
Supreme Member

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience 66Mustang, not all of us are like that I can assure you...

Originally Posted by Steve86TA
You guys are always welcome to PM or text me about parts anytime.
Steve86TA
I need 90-92 Black Leather Door Panels for my GTA Steve lol...

- Rob
Old 08-14-2018, 01:41 AM
On Probation

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1982 Trans Am KITT Replica
Engine: LU5 305 CROSSFIRE
Transmission: TH-350
Axle/Gears: Limited Slip 3:23

Originally Posted by Black00SS
Sounds like a standard play from this POS.
Pretty odd he has been "camping" for a month, yet has plenty of time to keep bumping his overpriced/junk/garbage FS, and part-out threads on this board the whole time.

Good luck OP. Be prepared for him to chime in, call you a liar, and be completely oblivious to any stone cold proof you post. Also, be prepared for a lot of random words capatalized, mid sentence, in his rebuttal. May look something like this........

"Worst buyer I HAVE ever dealt with!!! My ebay FEEDBACK is FLAWLESS!!!!! I have been SELLING parts for 15 YEARS and this IS the worst deal I have EVER done."

Finally, be prepared for him to refer to you as a "scammer" at least 6 times, regardless of what the evidence shows. Facts do not come into play with a narcissist.

from Ohio whos NEVER bought parts from me and with 70+ posts since 2005 who started talking last year cause I use WORLDWIDE in my ad'.And then I see you selling parts aswell. At the end you're just a parts competitor talking like a 10 year old kid

I REALLY hope your no child's parent

Reading your posts about me from earlier this year, It shows you have SEVERE physiological issues

Dave

Last edited by Steve86TA; 08-16-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:44 AM
On Probation

Originally Posted by my1st66mustang
Well this is going to be a long post, it started earlier this year when I was buying parts for a knight rider conversion. I purchased a rear blackout for the taillight and things started to seem shady from there where he only took payments outside of ebay's system and even said that I'd pay less fees if I sent it under friends payments. Now its very strange that a seller is circumventing ebays system to pay with a supported payment method, all signs I should have seen. When the package came in I layed it up to the rear taillight to see what the fitment would look like, and to my disappointment the gaps on the sides were abnormally large and confirmed that the size was wrong with another person who had completed his conversion. I then called the seller to resolve the issue and the seller refused any returns or refunds, which he did state in the ad, however since he went around the Ebay system and said I should use the friends PayPal option I was not able to get any help from either company.

Fast forward a couple months later, I saw a ad for 82 firebird parts here on the forum and contacted the seller. He replied with
"Why don't you retract your negative feedback you left me on the blackout and we might be able to deal

Dave "
I told him that I didn't want to buy from him because of the money I lost from getting a defective blackout, which was around $100, after that he accused me of not trying to resolve it, even though I called him and he gave me no options to get any money back. Now he gave the option that if I remove my bad feedback then he would refund me, so I instructed ebay to do it and it was done. Also when I looked at my feedback page I found that he countered my review by calling me a liar. He said that he was camping for 4th of July, date that the review was removed, and I respected that, I emailed back after 5 days to see if he could send the refund and he said that he was still camping, I then waited about 9 days after that and emailed him asking about it again and he said that he'll send it in August because he said he'll be camping for another month. Now its been over a month of waiting since the review was removed with a week into august now. This was a simple PayPal transaction that I waited over a month for, ample time to complete a 5 minute transaction, and his other excuse of needing to put money in his PayPal account at the bank sounds crazy as I've used my bank card to send money to friends all the time. Now I'm making this message to inform people what you can possibly expect from this seller and I hope others won't make the same mistake I did.

I have email screenshots if anyone is doubting the interactions that I had back and forth with him and can gladly provide them if needed.

Again this was my experience as I recalled it with him and you can feel free to give any input about this buyer.

I asked you send me back the blackout so I can get credit for its defect and you DENIED it and posted a NEG review

You try extort me feedback for $$$$ and then come on here crying about it

Sorry not giving out refunds for nothing

Wasn't born yesterday

I see a blackout back in OKlahoma and then you get a refund per your request of $90 PLAIN AND SIMPLE !!!!

Dave

Last edited by Steve86TA; 08-16-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:47 AM
On Probation

Originally Posted by battmann

WOW

That Spray paint was my buddy doing work on >>>>>>>>>>>HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS<<<<<<<<<<<< projects

Dave

Last edited by Steve86TA; 08-16-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:52 AM
On Probation

Originally Posted by Jbuchanan
Making a living, one rip off at a time. He will crash and burn

Been on TGO for 16+ years and if I was a scammer I would have been gone LONGGGG time ago. And its funny when that guy from Dallas posted nice review of me all went the attack on him claiming it was a fake review. Pathetic

Dave

Last edited by Steve86TA; 08-16-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:57 AM
On Probation

Ol David "Dirty" Sanchez strikes again. Hard to figure why people keep playing his games. His prices are astronomical, his feedback is crap, and his posts on the forum make him out to be a "scumbag". I'm sorry you got taken for the full ride. Hopefully your feedback here, helps prevent future prospective buyers falling for his tricks.

Also you should report him to Ebay for manipulating the payment, and feedback extortion. Probably won't make a difference, but maybe if they receive enough reports, his seller account will get disabled.

Wow this takes the cake !!! For YEARS you have been trolling and harassing me and it's plain sad. Drew Knight rider is just a silly show from the 80's and you have some SEVERE issues with it that you decided to harass some involved with the KR hobby

Hope you find some happiness in your life someday

Dave

Last edited by Steve86TA; 08-16-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:12 AM
On Probation

Dave "

I find it convenient that RIGHT after you complained about my defective item asking for a refund you sell your car quickly ?????????????????????????????????????????

Fact is I have sold over 100 of those tail light blackout and your the >ONLY< one that had a issue with it !!!

Where are the pics of the issue ??? where is the item ??? Why don't you return it liked I asked you to ?????

All I know is your crying for a refund without any facts or pictures

Dave

Last edited by 3rdgenparts; 08-22-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by 3rdgenparts
Show me actual Proof that I ripped someone off not just you and your buddies on here talking "School yard" trash

So far your just a moron on a webforum talking ****.

Hey don't forget, I ship WORLDWIDE, I ship WORLDWIDE !!!!!!!!!! Oh no.........Do you need some meds now buddy ?????

Dave
Proof: The thread we are posting in.

and

This thread here:

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/clas...arts-sale.html

Also, you seem to be mistaken, again (shocker). Contrary to what you think, I just like to laugh at you for saying you ship WORLDWIDE (in all caps). If anything, it just shows your level of intelligence when you randomly capitalize words like that. Really could care less about you, how you post, what you post etc. Its humorous, that's all. Please carry on.

If you like, I can post the PM's you sent me on the issue just a short while ago?

Anyhow, I am assuming you have a couple fake accounts to create, to leave yourself some positive feedback and try to broom this stuff under the rug, right?

Old 08-16-2018, 09:20 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Car: To many to list

I have cleaned up this thread again. The name calling needs to stop. All of the POS , ASSumptions, mental comments need to stop also. Everyone consider this a warning and others who this is your second warning, in what two weeks or so?
Any questions, you can PM me
Old 08-23-2018, 12:22 AM

Let me address 3rdgenparts, you accuse me again of false statements, I sold my car quickly afterwards: yeah why would I strip apart a car with that many accessories, its a waste to destroy that car for a conversion, I am continuing with the conversion with a 1991 firebird that I got for $500, plus the car I sold took over a month of advertising it to sell, not quick whatsoever. Still accusing me of not asking for help, YOU denied any solution to the problem, I sent you a picture of it as well, heck I had to cut it down to fit the current project as I don't have time for a replacement. Also give me one reason to return the product to you when you have proven to be unreliable and cannot be trusted, for all I know you'll take your product and resell it when I send it back, you give me no assurances of keeping your word.

I would like to thank everyone for giving me advise and letting me see your experience with this seller, hopefully this will let others know what to expect when buying from 3rdgenparts and to make a decision based on others advice.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:26 AM
Supreme Member

I would like to thank everyone for giving me advise and letting me see your experience with this seller, hopefully this will let others know what to expect when buying from 3rdgenparts and to make a decision based on others advice.
Don't forget to leave your feedback for Dave on Itrader so it'll be visible to others without searching for this thread. https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/itra...ck.php?u=12036 should take you to the form.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:41 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts

Someone is going to get placed in moderation queue or suspended if they don't knock it off. Although it's normal to have moderators and moderation for communities like ours, it is not to constantly babysit the same people over and over.