Anybody parting an Iroc in Phoenix?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 11:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 305 TBI/305 TPI
Transmission: World Class T5/missing
Axle/Gears: 3.08/G92 3.45 posi
Anybody parting an Iroc in Phoenix?

I just bought an 87 Iroc that is in worse shape than most cars I see at a junkyard. I am planning on getting it back on the road, so I will need things. I would prefer that somebody is parting one locally as some of the things I need will be expensive to ship. I will list stuff that I can think of as of right now that i need/want and go from there.

Iroc Hood and louvers

Front bumper and hardware associated for it. 86 and newer (I believe 86 is when they changed it)

Front ground effects, the long one that wraps around the front end and the 2 short pieces that mount behind the front wheels, preferably the 91-92 style because I'm going to swap to that style.

both driver and passenger side fenders with no dents. Surprisingly this Iroc I picked up is very straight (except one big bondo spot on the back) and I would prefer to not mess with even tiny little dings if possible.

fog lights (people ask over $100 for these and I'm not looking to spend that on fog lights)

plastic TPI intake piece in front of the plenum.

1987 Iroc specific seats(or at least I read on here they were one year only seats, cross hatched seats) the front seats, I think my rear is actually still good, but I'm going to dye it black.

Grid tailights

ttop headliner in good shape, or aftermarket ABS headliner

A WC T5 transmission from either a TPI or TBI, as long as it's a V8 transmission. There are a few for sale in the area now for $500 or less so I'm not looking to go over that mark. A spare transmission is available to me however, so I am not in a hurry to get it right now, unless the price is cheap.

I do need to replace the entire brake system. I don't trust that the lines would ever unclog fully and the cover was off the brake reservoir and basically it is hardened debris stuck in the ports and the prop valve. I have all wheel disc. I am probably going to buy aftermarket braided stainless lines fro all 4 and new calipers and pads, but if somebody is getting rid of that stuff super cheap I might go that route for now.

Iroc wheels.

T5 shifter place with the shift pattern not super worn out. I don't care if the boot is there or what condition it is in, as long as the plastic panel isn't cracked or chipped and the shift pattern isn't all faded. I am going to do a custom boot.

If anybody locally has aftermarket TPI parts as well I may be interested. I am not looking for an aftermarket plenum. It would be nice but the price I am willing to pay for one is not anywhere near what somebody would consider selling one, so I will not even bother asking.

There may be other things I need. I literally haven't done anything yet except verify the posi works in the rear and run vin checks and removed the smog pump. So I may discover a lot more is needed down the road.
Like I said, I would like to stay local for most of this since a lot of this stuff would be very expensive to ship. I would prefer to pick this stuff up off somebody rather than a junkyard but I will be making the rounds at the junkyard this weekend since they tend to be the cheapest.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Supreme Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Car: 1988 Camaro
Engine: 355, 10.34:1, 249/252 @.050", IK200
Transmission: TH-400, 3500 stall 9.5" converter
Axle/Gears: Ford 9", detroit locker, 3.89 gears
Re: Anybody parting an Iroc in Phoenix?

Good luck finding what you need man. Keep an eye out for "parting out" ads on your local craigslist and even local facebook groups.

I part out third gens and I list a lot of my stuff on craigslist and just starting using facebook.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2015 2SS 1LE
Engine: LS3
Transmission: TR6060
Re: Anybody parting an Iroc in Phoenix?

Hey Ample, I'm located in Gilbert. I have a set of grey double-vein IROC wheels if you're interested. I'll PM you my number.