Old 07-31-2016, 11:17 AM
GXP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Trans Am
Engine: 350 Crate
Transmission: 700R4 with shift kit
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt 2.73
WTB 91-92 aero spoiler

Looking to buy any 91-92 aero spoiler with mounting hardware. Located in Dover, OH 44622. Willing to drive in about a 2 hour radius if needed.

Thank you!
Old 07-31-2016, 03:17 PM

Car: 1988 Iroc Z28
Engine: 350
Re: WTB 91-92 aero spoiler

I have an nos one still in factory primer 350 plus shipping
Old 07-31-2016, 07:18 PM
Supreme Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC Original Owner
Engine: LB9
Transmission: M39 MM5
Axle/Gears: G80 G92 J65

Based on his sig I would guess he wants one for a bird.

I have an extra and will be at Norwalk, Ohio this coming weekend but wasn't planning on bringing it. Get in touch with me before hand if you are interested.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:26 PM
GXP

Originally Posted by PurelyPMD
Based on his sig I would guess he wants one for a bird.

I have an extra and will be at Norwalk, Ohio this coming weekend but wasn't planning on bringing it. Get in touch with me before hand if you are interested.
Yes, sorry I didn't clarify. I wanted it for a bird. I was actually considering going this weekend, haven't gotten the tickets yet though. I will PM you.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:54 PM
GXP

Still looking. I will be in Norwalk for Pontiac Nationals this weekend with cash in hand.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:40 AM
Want a title? Post!

I have one in black primer. $300 plus shipping
Old 04-29-2017, 02:21 PM
Supreme Member

Again, wrong spoiler and he didn't want mine for $400 delivered - I doubt he'll want yours for $300 plus shipping.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:05 PM
GXP

Bump. Still looking.

PurelyPMD, I refused yours for two reasons:

You wanted to bring it to Pontiac Nationals to sell, yet expected me to pay half before even meeting you to look at it

Two, you were incredibly rude and pushy when I was asking details. I'm sure we could've worked something out for $400 and I had that much in cash on me, ready to buy one, when I was at Norwalk last year - but these two reasons made me not want to buy from you period.

Anyone else who wants to sell a 91-92 Trans Am aero spoiler, I would be glad to discuss with you. If nobody else replies within the next week, I will probably go the OER route from Summit.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:36 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by GXP
Bump. Still looking.

PurelyPMD, I refused yours for two reasons:

You wanted to bring it to Pontiac Nationals to sell, yet expected me to pay half before even meeting you to look at it

Two, you were incredibly rude and pushy when I was asking details. I'm sure we could've worked something out for $400 and I had that much in cash on me, ready to buy one, when I was at Norwalk last year - but these two reasons made me not want to buy from you period.

Anyone else who wants to sell a 91-92 Trans Am aero spoiler, I would be glad to discuss with you. If nobody else replies within the next week, I will probably go the OER route from Summit.

No, that's not how it happened. You agreed to the price & I then had to dig it out and take pictures to show that it was in great condition & in your color! It was at that point that I told you I hadn't planned on bringing it and that I also wasn't bringing it 600 miles for a free look-see so I wanted a deposit. You then told me that you only had $300 to spend on it and I told you I wouldn't have bothered at all if you had been honest in the first place.

I don't know why people seem to think it's okay to ask somebody to dig out, photograph, pack and transport a fragile 30 year old part half way across the country with the hopes of getting $100 less for it than they paid. The price was fair, the condition was perfect and you were just too cheap for your own good.

So now you can pay $509 to Summit, pay the freight on it then have a body shop fix it & paint it for another $300 if you are lucky and be over twice what it would have been from me. Here, just like a year ago you thought you were the smart guy and told me how it was - now everybody knows what you are like and good luck getting anyone to send you anything!

Last edited by PurelyPMD; 05-01-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:20 AM
GXP

No, that's not how it happened. You agreed to the price & I then had to dig it out and take pictures to show that it was in great condition & in your color! It was at that point that I told you I hadn't planned on bringing it and that I also wasn't bringing it 600 miles for a free look-see so I wanted a deposit. You then told me that you only had $300 to spend on it and I told you I wouldn't have bothered at all if you had been honest in the first place.

I don't know why people seem to think it's okay to ask somebody to dig out, photograph, pack and transport a fragile 30 year old part half way across the country with the hopes of getting $100 less for it than they paid. The price was fair, the condition was perfect and you were just too cheap for your own good.

So now you can pay $509 to Summit, pay the freight on it then have a body shop fix it & paint it for another $300 if you are lucky and be over twice what it would have been from me. Here, just like a year ago you thought you were the smart guy and told me how it was - now everybody knows what you are like and good luck getting anyone to send you anything!

That is definitely NOT what happened. You acted pissed at the world and acted like you were doing me a favor. I wasn't okay with paying a "deposit" on something that wasn't going to be shipped. Something that I wouldn't see for a month or longer that I would have to find at a national car event.

And yes, I tried lowering the price $100, to haggle. A simple "it's firm" would've been fine, but you had to get insulted and call me "cheap." No, obviously I'm not, as I'm willing to spend up to $1000 to have a spoiler that's correct and the right color.

I would much rather pay the $509 than give you a dime. And I would've needed to have the spoiler repainted anyway.

Last edited by GXP; 05-01-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by GXP
That is definitely NOT what happened. You acted pissed at the world and acted like you were doing me a favor. I wasn't okay with paying a "deposit" on something that wasn't going to be shipped. Something that I wouldn't see for a month or longer that I would have to find at a national car event.

And yes, I tried lowering the price $100, to haggle. A simple "it's firm" would've been fine, but you had to get insulted and call me "cheap." No, obviously I'm not, as I'm willing to spend up to $1000 to have a spoiler that's correct and the right color.

I would much rather pay the $509 than give you a dime. And I would've needed to have the spoiler repainted anyway.
It wasn't going to be shipped - IT WAS GOING TO BE DELIVERED!!!!

Yeah I got pissed - I live in a world where I say what I do & do what I say. I've been buying and selling muscle cars and parts for well over 30 years now and tire kickers like you are a dime a dozen. You agree to a price to get the parts to the show, then decide when they are in front of you what you want to pay - that's fine but I don't play that game anymore. I don't buy that way and I don't sell that way.

And regardless of how you see yourself - you are cheap because here we are almost a year later and you still don't have your spoiler. But since you are such a rich man, and proud man, you'll show me & everyone here that you'll spend twice as much for a reproduction than you could have paid for an original, DELIVERED, just because you are so smart. Of course you've had all this time, but you haven't bought it yet....but you sure showed me.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:46 PM
GXP

It wasn't going to be shipped - IT WAS GOING TO BE DELIVERED!!!!

Yeah I got pissed - I live in a world where I say what I do & do what I say. I've been buying and selling muscle cars and parts for well over 30 years now and tire kickers like you are a dime a dozen. You agree to a price to get the parts to the show, then decide when they are in front of you what you want to pay - that's fine but I don't play that game anymore. I don't buy that way and I don't sell that way.

And regardless of how you see yourself - you are cheap because here we are almost a year later and you still don't have your spoiler. But since you are such a rich man, and proud man, you'll show me & everyone here that you'll spend twice as much for a reproduction than you could have paid for an original, DELIVERED, just because you are so smart. Of course you've had all this time, but you haven't bought it yet....but you sure showed me.

Tire kicker? The item was nowhere NEAR in front of me, that's why I didn't want to give you a deposit. Period. And who the hell are you to say I would change my mind on the price once it got there? I was trying to negotiate price before it even got in your truck bed; I was in no way out to deceive you. We were discussing price MONTHS before Pontiac Nationals, which AGAIN, is another reason I was so against a deposit.

Your definition of "delivered" was in Norwalk, 2 hours from where I live. So that's wrong too.

Nowhere did I say I was the "rich" or "smarter" man, but dealing over the internet, I've been screwed over multiple times on items which is why I would NOT put down a deposit sight unseen; I guess you don't understand that concept and still don't.

And yes, I will follow the principle of spending more on a trustworthy place than a shady person over the internet trying to insult me because I have reservations about putting down a deposit and, god forbid, haggling.

P.S: thanks to Summit's price match, I was able to get one for your price anyway, and they were much more polite and trustworthy, and wow, 45 minutes from my house!

I'm putting you on ignore now because I don't need this back and forth from a year ago; thank you to all others who gave me offers but I will be going the aftermarket route now.

Get off of your high horse.

Last edited by GXP; 05-01-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:36 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts

Two men enter... One man leaves...

Or...

Bust a deal, face the wheel.

All seriousness aside Post a review of the OER repro, please. Nice clear photos, etc. Haven't seen where anyone has actually used one...
Old 05-02-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 90 formula, 89 formula 350 vert
Engine: 305, 355
Transmission: T5, t56
Axle/Gears: 3:45 9 bolt, 8.8 3:73

Drew, I can tell you first hand they're garbage. Friend has one on his car, the wings were warped or something. Once his was bolted down two of the mounts on the glass ripped on the spoiler amd cracked it. Looks good on top until you look at the wings from underneath
Old 05-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Supreme Member

This is the original paint, zero damage one he turned down - remember his car is black.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by GXP
Tire kicker? The item was nowhere NEAR in front of me, that's why I didn't want to give you a deposit. Period. And who the hell are you to say I would change my mind on the price once it got there? I was trying to negotiate price before it even got in your truck bed; I was in no way out to deceive you. We were discussing price MONTHS before Pontiac Nationals, which AGAIN, is another reason I was so against a deposit.

Your definition of "delivered" was in Norwalk, 2 hours from where I live. So that's wrong too.

Nowhere did I say I was the "rich" or "smarter" man, but dealing over the internet, I've been screwed over multiple times on items which is why I would NOT put down a deposit sight unseen; I guess you don't understand that concept and still don't.

And yes, I will follow the principle of spending more on a trustworthy place than a shady person over the internet trying to insult me because I have reservations about putting down a deposit and, god forbid, haggling.

P.S: thanks to Summit's price match, I was able to get one for your price anyway, and they were much more polite and trustworthy, and wow, 45 minutes from my house!

I'm putting you on ignore now because I don't need this back and forth from a year ago; thank you to all others who gave me offers but I will be going the aftermarket route now.

Get off of your high horse.
What a liar you are - look at the date stamps at the posts above! You posted your add & I responded on July 31st, the nationals were August 5th, 6th & 7th - IT WASN'T EVEN A WEEK! Second, I posted, and it's still written above un-edited that I wasn't planning on bringing it! Third, you posted you were going to the show ANYWAYS! And lastly - SHADY PERSON - you have no clue at all do you!

This is what my truck looked like packed for the trip last year - I sold $5,000 worth of NOS and RARE Pontiac parts and still came home with a full truck. How difficult do you think it would have been to pack up & protect that spoiler in that truck - for $400???? or the $300 you wanted to pay? Are you kidding?

And I'm calling BS on your ordering the repop - post up a receipt or stay the shill you are.