Fabrication Custom fabrication ideas and concepts ranging from body kits, interior work, driveline tech, and much more.

Best way to run 335s and air ride?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 05:42 AM
Supreme Member

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Car: Building LS3, T56 Z28
Engine: LS3
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: Moser/ 4.11
Re: Best way to run 335s and air ride?

Good to hear that we are in line. I don't mind the wait.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 85 Firebird C&C T-Top
Engine: 347ci LS1
Transmission: 4L60E LS1
Axle/Gears: BW 9 Bolt Posi,3.27,C5+VE Brakes

Is it just me or is there no shockwave rear on the website under 82-92+93-02 camaro as mentioned in this thread. trying to find out information about them.

Also do these kits allow for no adjustment during movement ?
Old 02-19-2014, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1991 Camaro RS
Engine: 305 will be LSX eventually
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Borg Warner

I noticed the same thing. I'm only seeing the cool ride setup for the rears. No Shockwave
Old 02-19-2014, 09:11 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for the confusion. . .I thought the web guys had all this up and running.
I'll get them to straighten it out.

Air suspension can be manually adjusted while the vehicle is moving, you just have to push a button.
The automated systems raise the car to the proper drive height in the time it takes you to start the car and put it in gear. Once it's at the proper height you don't want to change it much or your alignment will be off. That being said I often drop the car quite low when cruising as it looks damn cool and the speeds are low enough that I'm not damaging the tires or putting anyone in harms way.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by marolf101x
Sorry for the confusion. . .I thought the web guys had all this up and running.
I'll get them to straighten it out.
Awesome, thank you.

Air suspension can be manually adjusted while the vehicle is moving, you just have to push a button.
The automated systems raise the car to the proper drive height in the time it takes you to start the car and put it in gear. Once it's at the proper height you don't want to change it much or your alignment will be off. That being said I often drop the car quite low when cruising as it looks damn cool and the speeds are low enough that I'm not damaging the tires or putting anyone in harms way.
The reason i ask is for legality reasons in my country, here is a direct quote about the requirements that are required for on road use.

The replacement of conventional coil and/or leaf springs by airbags is acceptable provided that:

The ride height of an individual wheel or axle cannot be altered while the vehicle is in motion.

At least two thirds of the original suspension travel in either direction is retained at all selectable ride heights while the vehicle is in motion.

The original attitude of the vehicle is maintained at all selectable ride heights while the vehicle is in motion.

A minimum running clearance of 100mm is maintained at all selectable ride heights while the vehicle is in motion a suitably sized receiver fitted with a non-return valve on the supply side is incorporated to ensure continued inflation of the airbags in the event of compressor failure; and

An audible indicator or a visual indicator visible to the driver in their normal seated position is fitted to alert the driver of any loss of pressure or of compressor failure.

EDIT : Also will the front shockwaves(and also the rears since we cant yet see them on the website) when available for 82-92 be available in select series ?
Also cannot find the height sensor module for shockwaves.

Last edited by LX_SS; 02-19-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:40 AM

We've been asked this a few times for countries requiring something like this.
We will likely add this feature to whatever new control system we build in the future.

Here's what I say regarding your regulations:

The ride height of an individual wheel or axle cannot be altered while the vehicle is in motion.
-The system will not automatically change once preset has been reached.
-The system does not have a "lock out" feature that will not allow changes to be made while the car is moving as there's no one single way to accomplish this on every car ever made, which is what our system is designed to work on. So to incorporate all possible ways to do this in all the vehicles out there would make the parts too expensive and therefore not a viable product.
-One way you can possibly get around this is to unplug the display and use only the remote controls. The remotes work ONLY when the ignition is off. Without the display the height cannot be changed.

At least two thirds of the original suspension travel in either direction is retained at all selectable ride heights while the vehicle is in motion.
-Any vehicle specific kit we offer would pass this. (maybe a truck application might not pass as we lower them 6-8 inches).

The original attitude of the vehicle is maintained at all selectable ride heights while the vehicle is in motion.
-no problem. you set the attitude appropriately at ride height, and the vehicle drives at the ride height and attitude.

A minimum running clearance of 100mm is maintained at all selectable ride heights while the vehicle is in motion a suitably sized receiver fitted with a non-return valve on the supply side is incorporated to ensure continued inflation of the airbags in the event of compressor failure; and
-no problem, while moving the vehicle cannot be deflated, so the 100mm minimum would be retained.
-addition of a "fill port" is simple, and actually the way I have most of my R&D vehicles configured.

An audible indicator or a visual indicator visible to the driver in their normal seated position is fitted to alert the driver of any loss of pressure or of compressor failure.
-loss of pressure would be covered by the display (visual indicator), but if you cannot have the display plugged in that throws that idea out
-compressor failure is not too hard as you can have an LED that lights each time the compressor comes on.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:46 AM

Also will the front shockwaves(and also the rears since we cant yet see them on the website) when available for 82-92 be available in select series ?
Also cannot find the height sensor module for shockwaves on the website.

The main feature i was wondering was the lock out, the rest i just thought i'd put up since it was copy paste, which most of the others pass anyway.
I think if i modify the digital keypad, i might be able to lockout the buttons with ignition in run position or in on position with a vss link. That way you cant change whilst in motion.

Can't wait to see these when they are ready. :-)
Old 02-20-2014, 07:01 AM

Also will the front shockwaves(and also the rears since we cant yet see them on the website) when available for 82-92 be available in select series ?
-The front is a strut.
-We do not offer a "Select Series" strut.

Also cannot find the height sensor module for shockwaves.
-Do you mean the internal height sensors? If so, they have been discontinued. The technology was proprietary to the company that supplied the sensors. We had delivery issues with that company so we had to discontinue as we simply cannot get parts.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:05 AM
Supreme Member

OK, so back on topic.

If you had to guess when there would be a bag over strut available, when would you guess? Even if you overextimated. When do you think that without a dought you guys would have this?

On a side note, I was clicking around Chris Alston Chassisworks website and saw that they have a Varishock strut with a theaded body just the like the rear shockwavs that airride sells on the QA1 rear shocks.

I wonder if however the airride bags attach to the QA1 shocks, it could attach to the varistrut struts. Just a random observation. I am sure there are 100 reasons why this would not work, but thought I would throw it out there.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:31 PM

Sorry for the confusion. . .I thought the web guys had all this up and running. I'll get them to straighten it out.
Still not sorted out, anyway i'm guessing you don't want me to buy rear shock waves, or the fronts when they are ready.

The web guys according to your previous post should have had this up 6 months ago, and still after you were informed nothing has been done.

Basically, i'm tired of checking if you have update this website with these shocks (been checking for weeks before i posted).

When you lazy web ****** do their job, get them to post the link here.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by LX_SS
Still not sorted out, anyway i'm guessing you don't want me to buy rear shock waves, or the fronts when they are ready.

The web guys according to your previous post should have had this up 6 months ago, and still after you were informed nothing has been done.

Basically, i'm tired of checking if you have update this website with these shocks (been checking for weeks before i posted).

When you lazy web ****** do their job, get them to post the link here.
Why don't you just call in and talk to a sales guy?
Or send an e-mail requesting info?

I apologize that they do not have this up and going yet.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:29 AM
Supreme Member

LX_SS: I think your post came on a little strong, but I am 100% in support of your annoyance.

In a world that is run by the internet it, simply put, makes me nervous when a company doesn't post their products online. How do they expect anyone to know about it. I am a product engineer and I know that there are sales people that do their job, but the second something goes online THE WORLD knows about it, not just who the sales people talk to. If a company is proud of their product and the money they spent developing it, they should be hungry to get the word out ASAP.

At least thats how I understand things.

On a side note, are there final dims on the OD of the airbag/shock assembly? I want to know if this assembly is thinner than the Spohn coilover kit.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:42 AM

Thanks dennis.
I think i did come out way too strong, for that i apologize to all parties involved, i've recent had surgery lately for some intense pain and resulting in lots of sleep deprivation.

marolf101x - i'm international so i cannot visit your location, nor the expense of the phone calls to the USA. email contact would work i guess however due to time differences i find it hard to communicate things and they take quite some time(like 1 or 2 weeks to get all the answers i like).

My issue here is this, i research all products i plan to use on any vehicle, with this process its not just about prices and costs, its about product reliability, function, and customer support (not here is your instant refund).
Part of this customer support is be ontop of your game, now i am truely grateful that ridetech is developing suspension products for the third gen. however from what i see from your support and effort in talking to your customer base(us basically) is great, the lacking support i see is on your side with your departments, especially with the website.

With the website i find it frustrating that i'm watching videos that have been posted about ridetech products, and here i am thinking how great the internal height sensors are for the shockwaves, this alone for me is an instant sell point almost. However much to my disappointment i couldn't find anything on the website else about it, and now you informed me about NLA.

I'm guessing you can start seeing where it all points to.

Anyway i'm keen to do an airbag setup on my vehicle, and shock waves from what little information i can gather are exactly how i need to set it up for on road use in my country.

Could you at least post the information about the shock waves in here since we can't rely on the web developers ?

Cheers.

Last edited by LX_SS; 02-26-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:23 AM

Again, I apologize for the delay in getting the website changed. This is partly my fault. Company policy is to not display new products on the website until everything is finished, tested, and ready to ship. I agree with this from an engineering perspective.

Technically the 3rd Gen parts are not ready to display yet as we have not developed the front suspension.

I requested that the web guys bend the rules and put the rear kit on the site as it is complete (it's the same as the 4th gen), and we had ample interest.

I know for a fact that they've been frantically working on products for which we have complete kits now finished. I dropped a bunch of applications on them in a short amount of time, so I know they are busy on those. Let's face it, if they only have 8 hours in the day are they going to work on a half finished 3rd Gen kit, or get the C5/C6 Corvette parts on the site?

I LOVE 3rd gens. . .that's why I'm here and why I'm pushing to develop relativity expensive parts for a relativity inexpensive vehicle. If this were decided by a corporate committee there's little chance we'd make 3rd gen parts. Luckily for all of us we are still privately owned, the employees are passionate gear heads, and are allowed to push into markets that don't completely make financial sense.
(As an example I pushed to make parts for the 62-69 Lincoln Continentals. Why? Cause I have a convertible and I wanted it on air! We don't sell a ton of parts for that application, but we are one of a VERY few companies who actually paid attention to that market, so it has done well for us.)

dennisbernal91z:
The overall inflated diameter of the rear is 4" (rolling sleeve air spring).
I think I posted prints or pics earlier. In lieu of having this on our website let me know what you want and I'll put up whatever you guys want to see.

thank you for the continued interest! Stick with me. . .we'll get there.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:09 PM

Technically the 3rd Gen parts are not ready to display yet as we have not developed the front suspension.

I requested that the web guys bend the rules and put the rear kit on the site as it is complete (it's the same as the 4th gen), and we had ample interest.
Makes a bit more sense, i understand that 3rd gen kit isnt complete on the fronts, however looking at your 4th gen, it isn't complete either, the web guys uploaded front shock waves , no rears. Now the fact that 4th gen rears are the same as 3rd gen this is just simply co-incidence, so the actual facts point that your more letting down 4th gens by not allowing the full complete kit available to the public.
Company policy is to not display new products on the website until everything is finished, tested, and ready to ship.
Isn't this a contradiction of your policies then ?

I understand you cant display a product when its not ready, its like saying here's the mona lisa, i just haven't painted it yet.

Even if the 3rd gen wasn't linked with the shock wave rears, the die hard peoples who want or need the rear can simply go to 4th gen and order.

Anyway i do see your points, i really do, i just cant help feel their are still some excuses for this, But please don't get me wrong here, i'm pushing because we want the products, Demand Demand Demand :-P

Edit : Just so you know, i'm checking the website once per day to see about updates, every time i get a little more disappointed inside :-(

Last edited by LX_SS; 02-27-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:41 PM

You the man !!!!

No pictures yet but beggers can't be choosers. Certainly gives much more info than previously, Thank you :-)

Also since i'm trying to budget for these, i know the front for 3rd gen arn't ready but is there a ball park figure in mind for the front shock wave + mounting ?

Last edited by LX_SS; 02-28-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:13 PM
Supreme Member

That is always the hardest question to answer. I get asked that by my vendors at work for custom parts and I always think (no offensive to you) that it id's the most ridiculous question ever! Every customer wants everything for 5 bucks, asking how much we feel like dishing out for something will never net good data. Just design the setup as economical as possible and see how it sells. You will never get people to say they "want to pay a grand" for something. Ad soon as they do, and you post a kit at that price, they will feel like you could have done it cheaper, but decided I a grand because we said that was a good price. .. see the dilemma?
Old 03-01-2014, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by dennisbernal91z
That is always the hardest question to answer. I get asked that by my vendors at work for custom parts and I always think (no offensive to you) that it id's the most ridiculous question ever! Every customer wants everything for 5 bucks, asking how much we feel like dishing out for something will never net good data. Just design the setup as economical as possible and see how it sells. You will never get people to say they "want to pay a grand" for something. Ad soon as they do, and you post a kit at that price, they will feel like you could have done it cheaper, but decided I a grand because we said that was a good price. .. see the dilemma?
Errrr Over the top ?

I was asking more because ok, rear shockwaves 1k, front i can budget and allow say around the same area, 1kish, if there 2k or close to that then i cant afford it. I need to try and work the car in within a budget.

Cause so far im already seeing an entire kit not fitted to the vehicle @ 4.5k. Is 4.5k chump change to you or is it fair to assume that i can ask for a rough estimate so i can maybe build funds towards it. Is anything wrong with that ?

Edit : also being international, if i purchase it all in 1 hit, its 4.5k + post + 10% import gst tax + 10-20% customs fees bs. thats already 6kish.
So it can become an expensive exercise.

Last edited by LX_SS; 03-01-2014 at 02:18 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:33 AM
Supreme Member

My mistake, I got lx mixed up with marolf... now your budget question makes more sense.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:55 PM

Just picked up our development vehicle. The only plans right now are suspension improvements. Though I'd love to add an LS, 6 speed, wheels and brakes

Old 03-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Supreme Member

Very nice, happy to see things are not dead in the water
Old 03-02-2014, 06:57 PM

also, the website has been updated to show the rear 3rd gen kits separately:
http://www.ridetech.com/store/muscle...hash=V266.V328

Please note the images are not correct. I'll have these updated as soon as we start changing over the test car.
If you want images and an idea of how the rear goes together please reference the 4th gen coil over instructions, starting at the rear on page 8:
http://www.ridetech.com/store/index....chment_id=1122

Last edited by marolf101x; 03-02-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:21 PM

How would these compare, performance wise, to eibach lowering springs (pro kit) with Bilstein shocks? I'm contemplating this setup once all 4 corners are developed.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Supreme Member

Are we going to see real install pics of the rear? The instructions show another car.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:58 PM

I think we just play the waiting game now, he has a third gen, he has the rear listed, pictures and installation details i imagine will follow suit with his new third gen.

Can't wait to see more details of the actual units tho, very exciting times.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:40 AM

SweetRide45,
How would these compare, performance wise, to eibach lowering springs (pro kit) with Bilstein shocks?"

Shocks:
Are the Bilsteins adjustable?
Ridetech struts are available as either HQ (rebound adjustable), or TQ (rebound adjustable; high speed compression and low speed compression adjustable)
Though Bilstein makes a damn good damper, I have found they adhere to what I call the "European" valving school. Typically they have far too much compression valving. This contributes to impact harshness (how the car feels when it first hits a bump). This makes the vehicle feel "stiff yet sporty", but does not necessarily improve performance.
I have found that if you keep the compression valving relatively soft, and run a good amount of rebound (and a good amount of rebound adjustment) you end up with a car that has better road manners (ride quality), yet out handles the alternatives.
If you then throw in a set of TQ's you now have the ability to change both compression and rebound, and dial the car into whatever ride or handling package you want.

Springs:
Lowering springs only supply a single rate.
Coil overs allow you to change springs easily so you can choose what rate you want or need.

Ride Height:
With lowering springs you get one ride height.
With coil overs you can adjust the ride height.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:47 AM

dennisbernal91z
"Are we going to see real install pics of the rear? The instructions show another car."

Yes, you will see "actual" install pics of the teal car.
The images in the instructions were done on our old 3rd gen Firebird (it was too ratty to keep as a development car, so we offed it an picked up the RS).

Keep in mind 3rd and 4th Gens are the same in the rear as far as the suspension is concerned. So looking at images of a 4th gen rear is equivalent to looking at a 3rd.

As I stated before, I have to get the Fox body Mustang done first (It's VERY similar to the new Mustangs, so it's pretty easy to knock out), then it's on to the 3rd gen.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:50 AM

I would like some input on upper strut mount designs.
The only thing available currently is a fabricated mount.

I posted an image of a proposed aluminum mount earlier in this thread.
Do you all like the looks of it?
Would you pay a little extra for this mount over the fabricated mount? (It will have camber/caster adjustment)
I personally dig the aluminum mount, but it will add tooling cost. So I have to convince everyone here that the 3rd Gen F-Body is still a viable vehicle for which to develop cool parts.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Supreme Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1985 IROC-Z
Engine: Magnacharged LS1
Axle/Gears: Ford 9" 4:11's

I would like some input on upper strut mount designs.
The only thing available currently is a fabricated mount.

I posted an image of a proposed aluminum mount earlier in this thread.
Do you all like the looks of it?
Would you pay a little extra for this mount over the fabricated mount? (It will have camber/caster adjustment)
I personally dig the aluminum mount, but it will add tooling cost. So I have to convince everyone here that the 3rd Gen F-Body is still a viable vehicle for which to develop cool parts.
I like it! I currently run the fab'ed units but never have had alot of confidence in them.

I think what we are going to see is that the 3rd gen market will start to come alive in the coming years. Company's that are posed to meet the demand will do well..IMHO. In recent years the 3rd gen has come along way to shedding the TP reputation is has as most of the ratty ones are gone to the scrap yard. Guys in my age group that grew up around these cars that have a little bit of spare income are starting to build these cars into respectable pieces...hopefully that trend continues.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Supreme Member

For the cost of all these parts I would hit the market with a fab'ed mount, then if the kits start to move invest in a cast mount. Thats just my opinion though. Mainly based on the fact that the cost of front + rear + air system is looking quite high over all.

Again, thats just becuase I don't have as much supplemental income as the next guy. If I did, I may change my mind.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:27 PM

You're mentioning coil overs - I'm assuming you're talking about the air bag/shock/strut that you're about to release for the front? How is the valving on the bag adjustable? If I wanted low and stiff, how can you do that? I didn't look too deep into it, but I was under the impression that the bag setup would be a more "spongy" feel - vs. Firm and direct with an aggressive shock/spring setup.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:28 PM

Car: 86 Z
Engine: 400 sbc
Transmission: t-56
Axle/Gears: 4.10

I have a cool ride rear system with koni yellow adjustable shocks. I like the idea of shock waves but really just want the option to install a wide tire. My questions are:
1: what is the largest size tire the shockwave rear system will fit?
2: are there any performance gains to be had over my current setup?

Thanks for your time!
Old 03-08-2014, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by hardcoreZcar
I have a cool ride rear system with koni yellow adjustable shocks.
Since you got a decent setup there, i'm very keen to hear how your ride quality is like since its a third gen not another vehicle. For comfort i might add. Obviously 1 being spine breaking and 10 be floating on clouds.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:52 PM

Man I wish I could tell you... Unfortunately the car is still in the build process. Assembling the twin turbo 427 now.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Supreme Member

Any update?
Old 03-15-2014, 01:54 PM

We just test drove our 64 Vette yesterday. We have to finish sway bars, then that's pretty much done.
While it's been snowing (and we were waiting to finish the Baer brake install on the Vette) we re-designed the early Mustang 4-link. It's also just about finished.

Next in line is the Fox body Mustang, which is partially finished as we started it a while back.

Once it's done the "fabulous" teal 3rd gen goes on the rack!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Supreme Member

Great to hear there is progress. What would you think the whole setup would cost once complete? Just a guess....

What diamter are the rear bags that are for sale now? I just want to make sure I can fit my 315s. I plan on minitubing my car, but if I do so I cut out some of the spring perch. I may HAVE to run the bag over shock setup in the rear. But if the bag is thin enough, I may not have to.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:18 AM

Price for entire kit (front, rear, and compressor system) will fall between $2K and $3500 for the entry level kit. If you want triple adjust shocks and all the frills, it goes up from there.

The rear Shockwave is ready now. It has an air spring with 4" diameter around the shock.
If you go with the CoolRide set up (bags and shocks separate) you replace the factory coil spring with an air spring. This air spring is tapered, but it is 5" diameter at the top.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:56 PM
Supreme Member

so there is a half inch space savings over stock? I really want to figure out of it is worth doing a mini tub and air over shock setup. From what you are saying so far sends like it might not be
Old 03-27-2014, 10:27 PM

Can anyone tell me how much tire I can stuff back there with this 4" air spring? Debating switching my setup from bags to this bag over shock but it seems expensive to go adjustable like my koni yellows... Espe I ally if I tub it and buy these and still can't tuck 335's.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:22 AM
Supreme Member

Lets hope that marolf101x can field that question when he starts working on the teal camaro.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:39 PM

I will be checking tire fitment when we get to the teal car, so I'll have good info for you. . .however it will be a little bit as I have a few things in front of it.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by 406TPI
I run 335's and a mini tub. I used the small diameter QA1 springs for the rear to get the extra clearance for the tire. Obviously the stock location for an air spring will not work for you, but I'm not sure there is enough real estate in there to run a bag-over-shock set-up either. Do you have the dimensions for the bag-over-shock unit?
Hey 406tpi... Any clue to the diameter of your springs? Also is there room to adjust Ur backspacing at all? If your springs were any bigger could you adjust Ur bs out to fit a 335 still?
Old 04-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by hardcoreZcar
Hey 406tpi... Any clue to the diameter of your springs? Also is there room to adjust Ur backspacing at all? If your springs were any bigger could you adjust Ur bs out to fit a 335 still?
Snapped some pics the other day. The OD of the spring is about 3.25". The backspace I run is 8.0" on a 12" wide wheel. A 4" OD air spring could fit if it didn't bellow out much.
Attached Thumbnails Best way to run 335s and air ride?-minispring.jpg   Best way to run 335s and air ride?-springclearance.jpg   Best way to run 335s and air ride?-tubclearance.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
hardcoreZcar (12-16-2020)
Old 04-02-2014, 08:31 AM
Supreme Member

Couple more
Attached Thumbnails Best way to run 335s and air ride?-backspace.jpg   Best way to run 335s and air ride?-reartub1.jpg  
Old 04-03-2014, 06:33 AM

That's great info! Thanks for grabbing that.

Now, that only applies to our CoolRide kit, which uses shocks and springs that are separated. The new coil over (which uses standard 2.5" ID coil springs) and Shockwave (which uses the 4" air spring) is fitted in the OE shock location.

So if you can, grab a dimension from the WMS to the shock center line (easiest to measure to shock body, measure shock body, divide by 2, add to first measurement).
then we'll be able to calculate how far the rim is from the shock and tell us if we have room.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Supreme Member

I measure 10.5" from the centerline of the shock shaft to the WMS.

Best way to run 335s and air ride?-image-411739843.jpg
Old 04-28-2014, 12:07 AM

We've also been working on the front.
The idea is to use one of our new Shockwave struts and eliminate the OE coil spring.rear1471338_10152053960185056_420272332_n.jpg[/IMG]

Hey buddy, any developements on the front system?im going to buy the rear this week. Going to try to modify the mounting location of the rear inboard to allow for more tire. I know i can move the bottom shock mount on my axle, do you think there is room to move the top of the top of the rear shock mount inward any? A small amount may make a big difference.

Last edited by hardcoreZcar; 04-28-2014 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by 406TPI
Snapped some pics the other day. The OD of the spring is about 3.25". The backspace I run is 8.0" on a 12" wide wheel. A 4" OD air spring could fit if it didn't bellow out much.
Also thanks for the pics, dimensions, and your time 406tpi!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:53 PM

Car: 1985 Trans Am
Engine: 6.6 at least
Transmission: T-56 (waiting)
Axle/Gears: 9" w/4.56 & spool (4 now)

Im def. interested in mini-tubing, I would like to run a 335-345 rear. Does anyone have any step by step pics on there car when it was done.

Quick Reply: Best way to run 335s and air ride?