Firebirds for Sale Post your Firebird for Sale.

'83 DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Trans Am ~PARTS CAR~

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Want a title? Post!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'83 DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Trans Am ~PARTS CAR~

1983 Pontiac Trans Am Daytona 500 Pace Car Edition
for parts.

A heartbreaker for me but a potentially perfect parts car for someone who owns an F-Body Firebird, Trans Am or Camaro from the 80’s or early 90’s.

Those familiar with this car know that only 2500 were made and only about 1800 with an auto transmission. This car has the automatic transmission with the crossfire fuel injection engine. This car was in mint condition until an unfortunate one-car accident over an embankment on a mountain road three years ago. The frame and exhaust system near the manifold were damaged.
Before the accident, this was my baby. The car barely had a scratch on it and it was garage kept. I replaced the twin crossfire fuel injected 305 HO engine less than a year prior to the accident. While the odometer reads 90270, the engine only has approximately 12K miles on it. All belts, hoses, water pump, radiator, nearly everything was replaced at the time the engine was replaced, not with remanufactured parts, but brand new parts. Injectors were thoroughly cleaned and everything ran beautifully.
After the accident, the engine still started and ran smoothly for at least a year. Today, it still turns over but won’t run. Likely due to the old gasoline in the tank.
This car has:
Crossfire Fuel Injected 305 cu in engine with 12K miles (have the paperwork.)

Transmission was well maintained and shifted smoothly. Posi Rear End.

Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Power Door Locks, Power Rear Hatch Release, all still work. The power window switches were replaced with new OEM switches just days before the accident.

FOUR WHEEL Disc Brakes, all worked perfectly.

All lights still work including the front lights. They still go up and down easily.

The red-lighted instrument panel, unique only to the Daytona 500 Edition cars still works and looks good. All gauges worked.

It has original Ricaro Seats with the racing netted head rests. They will have to be thoroughly cleaned since they’ve been sitting useless in the car since the accident. There is a tear on the driver’s seat but otherwise, they are in good condition

The center console looks great. The dash is in good condition with several cracks and a small piece missing at the end tip on the driver’s side.

T-tops are the latch kind and include the leather storage bag.

The rear window shade for the rear hatch is in tact and rolls nicely.

Nice ground effects that amazingly show only minor damage to the front right after the accident.

It has two good aftermarket chrome rims. The other two were damaged in the accident. I replaced them with the original fin rims. I do have the four original fin rims but one needs repair. They will be included with the purchase.

Has a clear title with no liens.

Damage: Most damage is underneath the car. The front passenger A-frame, bushings, etc. were about destroyed in the accident. The embankment where the accident occurred had large boulders that literally ripped the A frame from the chassis and damaged a portion of the exhaust system near the front of the chassis. The frame is damaged. I’ve been told that it can be straightened but because the car must be towed, I haven’t had the time to pursue that possibility. Remarkably, the only damage to the body of the car itself is the right front fender and the passenger door was pushed back slightly and does open and close but not perfectly. It took two tow trucks to remove the car from the embankment and the driver’s side rear fender was slightly damaged as it scraped a tree while they were removing it from the embankment. Again, there is surprisingly only minor damage to the ground effects that appear to be easily repaired.

With the low mileage engine, new engine parts, Recaro seats and other rare options on this car, this is an awesome deal for someone restoring this 1983 model 25th Anniversary Daytona 500 Pace Car, or any F-body Trans Am or Camaro.
We need it moved soon so it is PRICED TO SELL QUICKLY, $850 CASH AND YOU TOW WITHIN SEVEN DAYS.
This car is located in Knoxville, Tennessee just blocks from I-40 and will have to be towed either on flat bed or from the front. I would love to see this go to someone who appreciates these special cars and who could use this one to ultimately fix up their dream car. Pictures will be posted when I have time to place them on this add. Otherwise, feel free to email any questions, for pictures or call me at (865) 740-2823. I hope this car is for you!

Last edited by NawlinsNative; 06-08-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: '83 DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Trans Am ~PARTS CAR~

Originally Posted by NawlinsNative
1983 Pontiac Trans Am Daytona 500 Pace Car Edition
for parts.

I realize it has been a long time, but I am looking for recaro seats for my 83 daytona 500, and some other parts also. Do you still have the car?
Thanks, Dave

A heartbreaker for me but a potentially perfect parts car for someone who owns an F-Body Firebird, Trans Am or Camaro from the 80’s or early 90’s.

Those familiar with this car know that only 2500 were made and only about 1800 with an auto transmission. This car has the automatic transmission with the crossfire fuel injection engine. This car was in mint condition until an unfortunate one-car accident over an embankment on a mountain road three years ago. The frame and exhaust system near the manifold were damaged.
Before the accident, this was my baby. The car barely had a scratch on it and it was garage kept. I replaced the twin crossfire fuel injected 305 HO engine less than a year prior to the accident. While the odometer reads 90270, the engine only has approximately 12K miles on it. All belts, hoses, water pump, radiator, nearly everything was replaced at the time the engine was replaced, not with remanufactured parts, but brand new parts. Injectors were thoroughly cleaned and everything ran beautifully.
After the accident, the engine still started and ran smoothly for at least a year. Today, it still turns over but won’t run. Likely due to the old gasoline in the tank.
This car has:
Crossfire Fuel Injected 305 cu in engine with 12K miles (have the paperwork.)

Transmission was well maintained and shifted smoothly. Posi Rear End.

Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Power Door Locks, Power Rear Hatch Release, all still work. The power window switches were replaced with new OEM switches just days before the accident.

FOUR WHEEL Disc Brakes, all worked perfectly.

All lights still work including the front lights. They still go up and down easily.

The red-lighted instrument panel, unique only to the Daytona 500 Edition cars still works and looks good. All gauges worked.

It has original Ricaro Seats with the racing netted head rests. They will have to be thoroughly cleaned since they’ve been sitting useless in the car since the accident. There is a tear on the driver’s seat but otherwise, they are in good condition

The center console looks great. The dash is in good condition with several cracks and a small piece missing at the end tip on the driver’s side.

T-tops are the latch kind and include the leather storage bag.

The rear window shade for the rear hatch is in tact and rolls nicely.

Nice ground effects that amazingly show only minor damage to the front right after the accident.

It has two good aftermarket chrome rims. The other two were damaged in the accident. I replaced them with the original fin rims. I do have the four original fin rims but one needs repair. They will be included with the purchase.

Has a clear title with no liens.

Damage: Most damage is underneath the car. The front passenger A-frame, bushings, etc. were about destroyed in the accident. The embankment where the accident occurred had large boulders that literally ripped the A frame from the chassis and damaged a portion of the exhaust system near the front of the chassis. The frame is damaged. I’ve been told that it can be straightened but because the car must be towed, I haven’t had the time to pursue that possibility. Remarkably, the only damage to the body of the car itself is the right front fender and the passenger door was pushed back slightly and does open and close but not perfectly. It took two tow trucks to remove the car from the embankment and the driver’s side rear fender was slightly damaged as it scraped a tree while they were removing it from the embankment. Again, there is surprisingly only minor damage to the ground effects that appear to be easily repaired.

With the low mileage engine, new engine parts, Recaro seats and other rare options on this car, this is an awesome deal for someone restoring this 1983 model 25th Anniversary Daytona 500 Pace Car, or any F-body Trans Am or Camaro.
We need it moved soon so it is PRICED TO SELL QUICKLY, $850 CASH AND YOU TOW WITHIN SEVEN DAYS.
This car is located in Knoxville, Tennessee just blocks from I-40 and will have to be towed either on flat bed or from the front. I would love to see this go to someone who appreciates these special cars and who could use this one to ultimately fix up their dream car. Pictures will be posted when I have time to place them on this add. Otherwise, feel free to email any questions, for pictures or call me at (865) 740-2823. I hope this car is for you!
a