Firebirds for Sale Post your Firebird for Sale.

[NC] 1992 Firebird $2500 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 12:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 92 Firebird
Engine: 350
Transmission: 700R4
1992 Firebird $1500

I would like to sell this car to a thirdgen.org member; in fact I don't have it for sale anywhere else. I purchased it from one and have received great help from the community. I have had several thirdgens and love them but summer is coming and I can't stand to watch the poor car sit in my carport another year. I have put a lot of time into the car and it really just needs someone to drive it or better yet someone who has a garage and will enjoy it I am moving this summer and I have lugged her around enough.

I'm in Pittsboro, 15mi west of Cary/Apex North Carolina.

Below is a complete list of the pros and cons.

- Body. It is one of the cleanest 92's I've ever seen in the last several years. No rust or accidents whatsoever.
- Motor. It has a clean 350 motor in it. I know very little about the motor but it is fresh and blows zero smoke at all - it was rebuilt and has under 500 miles on it. It is not a 383 and no it is not extremely fast but yes it will smoke the tires with no problem. I think it is a 92ish Silverado motor- I ran the numbers once- I am not the motor expert but I know it is a "flat tappet" motor or something. It is a mystery motor.
- Carb and bolt ons. The guy that had the car before me tried to upgrade to TPI and it didn't work out for him so I went carbureted. It has a brand new Holley 650 carb ($400) and a new Edelbrock intake. It has some kind of tall rocking valves in it so I added some chrome tall valve covers. I added a Mallory fuel regulator and all braided fuel lines. It has a 8mm Accel plug wires, new plugs, a new distributor, cap, rotor.
- Trans. I had the 700R4 custom built for me and it also has under 500mi on it.
- Exhaust. I have a complete Hooker exhaust on it - headers/ypipe/cat back (no cat).
- Other. I just put in a new windshield and got new window switches for the side windows. I had the wiring harness customized from me from a guy on ThirdGen.org who is the third gen wiring expert. I have a brand new radiator in it and the water pump has under 500mi on it. I have a spare radiator for it. I just put in a brand new stereo and speakers. Battery is fairly new.
Spare parts: I have several third gen headlights (for earlier birds), radiators, fans a B&M shifter and other things.
Title is clean and in my name.

The bad:
- Needs tires. It has FireHawk tires on it which look great but are dry rotted so I wouldn't go too fast on them. They have held air just fine for the last 7 years the car has been kicking around in my car port but they are ancient.

- I do not have the headlights assembled or wired. One is out of the car and almost definitely missing parts. The wiring harness is off of a '90 so you'll have to use your imagination a bit when you hook them back up.

- The T Tops do not look great, but who drives with the tops on?!

- Misc. I have a new AC delete installed. I have the old AC pump but not the AC radiator.
- The wheels don't clean up that nice, or maybe they do- it's been a long time.

As you can see I wasn't trying to build a race car but bought mostly decent stuff for the car. I probably have more stuff for it that I forgot about. It all goes with it.

This is not a Formula - it is a Firebird that shipped with the 305 / TBI / 700R4 / 2:73.

Other:

Last year I went to take it out and it ran rough. I drained the gas tank and replaced the fuel but then figured out there was some rust in the spark plug wire caps from sitting. I cleaned it up and drove it around all of July and August with no problem. I parked it and just went to fire it up this March and it is running poorly again. I haven't looked yet but I'm sure it is probably just the plug wires or moisture in the cap or something. Any time it sits for more than a few months it gets angry. On the road she has never left me stranded and is very reliable mechanically. It is in a carport and as not been rained on but hey the ground is soaking wet. On that note, the exhaust does have surface rust and many parts such as the chrome valve covers really need a good scrubbing from sitting. A mouse was living on top of the intake so there are acorn pieces on it. Oh and in the interior totally smells like mildew, although it clears up if you get it out into the sun and fresh air for a few days. It always has and I don't know why, could be from the moist winter. Car is 100% rust free never seen snow.

Some gauges are connected, others do not work.

Car has only 100,000 miles.

This pic is from last year, since then the rubber strip down the center of the door and body panels have accumulated some kind of gunk on it. The ground effects do have some chips and need some screws and are kind of slapped on there. Otherwise the pic is a good representation of the car when it is completely clean. There are "spots" in the paint so if you get close you'll see them. Hood is mint. The interior is ok. No headliner.

Email me with any questions, I'm sure I left something out.

If you need pics I will get some more, I just wanted to get this listed before I forgot again. Or email me and I'll send you a video or a snapchat or something.

Last edited by shadow315; 05-21-2020 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Lowered price
Old 06-13-2018, 11:59 PM

Re: 1992 Firebird $2500 OBO

Still available
Old 05-21-2020, 01:50 AM

Still available.

Best offer takes it.

I just bought a 4th Gen Firehawk and a Wrangler TJ and need the space.

Since listing this, it sat for a while and the carb got gummed up. I tried to clean it and goofed something up and she won't start now. Literally has about 20mi on it since I posted this in 2018. I did get LED headlights, a B&M shifter and some other things for it. It all goes w/ the car.

Cheap to good home.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM'd
Old 05-28-2020, 05:02 PM

Actually, looks as though I'm too new to message. Shadow315, could you drop me some sort of message? I'm in Apex and interested in learning more about your offering.
Old 06-14-2020, 09:26 PM
Supreme Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Car: 89 TTA
Engine: Turbo 3.8
Transmission: 200R4

How does it run? If it had good tires would you trust it to drive to Louisiana? Any pictures of the undercarriage? Looks like a great candidate for a restomod.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:21 PM
Want a title? Post!

Interested in this as well. Too few post counts to PM. Please let me know