History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

charity transmaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 88gta
Engine: 357
Transmission: 700r4/3000 stall convertor
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.27
charity transmaro

just an idea I had in my head while I was watching all the things about haiti relief... what whould be the chances we could all pull together and build a Transmaro with the updated things that we do to our car. such as lt1,ls1,brakes,interiors,turbe,etc... we in the third gen world have a passion for our cars and come up with some great ideas and fabication miracles, we know what works and dont with our cars...if we could get a member with the skills and time to do it and the rest of us members and sponsers to donate parts,paint and time(if they are in the area)or money..lets build a transmaro to put up for auction at Barret Jackson for a good cause.... It will get this website booming and would bring back this generation Camaro and Firebirds...and we all have a part in it and it helps people in need...

just throwing out an idea to see if it could happen....
Old 01-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts
Re: charity transmaro

I smell a lock coming... Unfortunately there's nothing remotely history/restoration about building a car for publicity and charity... Not that it's necessarily a bad idea, but it's beyond the scope of this sub-forum.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:31 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: charity transmaro

I think this is quite complicated with issues of itself. Across automotive forums, I've seen people suggest ways to help and it turns into political issues (which is strictly off limits on this website), to people suggesting we need help ourselves, that the government over there is to blame, etc., etc.

I think it is best that if you can help, that you do so on your own. I can't see how this type of project can be organized and I'm sure there are quite a bit of strings that would accompany such an idea. This is also a project that would take a considerable amount of time on both planning and execution. It's probably easier on a local scale.

If you want to help, by all means, do so.

Thanks.