History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

RPO Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 02:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
RPO Help

Mostly lurk here, but I figured maybe a fellow third generation fanatic would be willing to help out. RPO sticker from console is long gone, compnine doesn't have the VIN on file, so perhaps someone works at a dealership and can run the vin to get me the RPO codes? The local dealer I contacted didn't know what RPO codes were....although I suspect they just didn't want to help out. I am willing to post the vin here....but I think I've seen moderators get ticked off at that and I don't want to rile any feathers (insert firebird pun here). Let me know if anyone is willing to help out and thanks in advance!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:10 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts
Re: RPO Help

If Compnine doesn't have records for your VIN and you're sure the VIN is correct, then most likely no dealership can help by pulling RPO codes based on VIN because Compnine appears to have the same data as the dealership.

ThirdGen wise, the VIN needs to be approximately 1990 or newer or an export. If the ThirdGen VIN is not one of those, the information is not available (dealership or compnine).

If the above, the only option is to purchase a copy of the invoice for a fee. Note that the invoice does not contain every single RPO. Unless the buildsheet is found, there is no other records available to show complete RPOs.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:48 PM

JT, thanks for that information. Yeah, I didn't realize that a 1989 would be so difficult. The car is purported to be a 1989 Formula, TPI, 5 speed, t-top, WS6 car but I wanted to see what other goodies it came with from the factory. I did verify, from the vin, that it is a Formula and a TPI car, yes, it has four wheel discs, but maybe they were added....don't think so, but you never know. Also has new exhaust so if it was a N10 car, it isn't now. I'm just trying to see what kind of goodies it came with from the factory and with the darn RPO sticker missing from the console, I'm not sure what to do next. Tomorrow I'll pull the seats and see if I find anything. Thanks again for the response.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:08 PM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts

GM Media Archive is the place that will provide you with a copy of the invoice and a few of the bigger RPOs:
http://www.gmmediaarchive.com/?page=1

Again, an invoice won't list every single RPO. Unless you find the buildsheet, which is less likely than not on any given ThirdGen, there's no other option to seeing a complete list of RPO codes.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:18 PM

Fantastic JT, thanks for the link. I'll get that ordered for the $50.00 since I want to know just what I have here before I decide what to do with it.