History / Originality Got a question about 1982-1992 Camaro or Firebird history? Have a question about original parts, options, RPO codes, when something was available, or how to document your car? Those questions, answers, and much more!

1989 IROC 344 original miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 08:37 AM

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts
Car: 87 IROC-Z, 82 Pace Car
Re: 1989 IROC 344 original miles

There you go. Threatening us again. Can anyone show anywhere in this thread where any warnings or threats were given, other than by Phil? Busted? How?

BTW, you mentioned a few times that we are attacking the car, an inanimate object, because we are jealous of the price it garnered at BJ. Can you show proof where we are jealous? Can you show proof where the investigation, to get to the bottom of the accusation, was all in a ploy to destroy your reputation, or the cars? This entire escalation goes away if there was ever a shred of evidence in discrediting the FB photos.

You can't call someone names and then cry foul when people respond in like. Look in the mirror, Phil. The issues seen in this thread were all escalated and brought on by you, and now you're blaming us for some Sol Alinsky crap. Move on to another forum. I think you're done here.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by CPC Norwood
We had the entire content of his private Facebook page days ago.

this is cut and dried digital deception.
Then I think you need to be warning Facebook and Grant. Not TGO. Thanks!!
Old 01-22-2019, 08:41 AM

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans Am
Engine: L03
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Originally Posted by BOTTLEDZ28
I'm warming up another bag of popcorn now.
You shouldn't microwave it. Stovetop is better.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:51 AM
JT
Community Administrator

Received 255 Likes on 184 Posts

Admit you are busted gentlemen. Because you are.

You have been warned. This not a game anymore.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2913
I've had enough of your threats and attempts to scare members of this community, let alone your overall conduct. This is not the avenue for legal concerns. Drop those threats on this forum and get back to the original topic or you're out. You have been warned once already and also given plenty of opportunities to provide a response to the discussion.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:56 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am fine with those terms. Lock the thread down.

NOW.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:19 AM

Nope!
Old 01-22-2019, 09:32 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1991 Camaro RS B4C
Engine: 5.7 TPI Crate Motor
Transmission: WC T5
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt 3.42

I can't believe this is still going on. The whole thing is rediculous. So what if this car has had some paint work done. Everyone has to remember this was a cheap car built cheaply and most likely it had some shitty factory paint work that was repaired. A normal person is not going to notice an 1/8" of an inch paint line. Who cares. I don't even understand why this guy has to prove anything to anyone. He accomplished his goal. He flipped a car and made some money. It's time to move on. There are other cars you guys can rip on.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:44 AM
JT
Community Administrator

Originally Posted by steves
I can't believe this is still going on. The whole thing is rediculous. So what if this car has had some paint work done. Everyone has to remember this was a cheap car built cheaply and most likely it had some shitty factory paint work that was repaired. A normal person is not going to notice an 1/8" of an inch paint line. Who cares. I don't even understand why this guy has to prove anything to anyone. He accomplished his goal. He flipped a car and made some money. It's time to move on. There are other cars you guys can rip on.
Since Jay Leno's name was brought up in a previous post. He often says himself "it's only original once". That's why things like paint work, etc., do have some varying importance to people. And it also matters when the car is being sold with those claims. That's why.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JT
Since Jay Leno's name was brought up in a previous post. He often says himself "it's only original once". That's why things like paint work, etc., do have some varying importance to people. And it also matters when the car is being sold with those claims. That's why.
I understand your point. I was around when these cars were new and I also sold cars. Getting cars with paint defects happens more than you think. Having some guy with his mobile airbrush service come to fix factory paint defects is common. Especially on a third gen. You think the guy with his airbrush business cares if he didn't paint something correctly? Or the sales manager trying to move a unit? Let's just say for argument's sake this is what happened to this car. Does it make the claim false? I also know for a fact that a prominent member on this board had his rear spoiler painted on his car back in when he bought it. Is this car not considered original anymore? Would you buy a brand new car that has a paint defect? What does original really mean? At the end of the day, nobody is going to get on their hands and knees to crawl around to find the most minute detail on a car that is off. Can these imperfections be easily repaired? Of course. But using your definition the car is no longer original and the new owner got screwed. Who, I am going to guess really doesn't care. I know people like this and someone that can afford to buy a car that he is just going to look at is now going to have an interesting story to tell his friends about the next time they are golfing.

At the end of the day it does not matter.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by burnout88

i looked at this car over in person at the auction and the paint looked flawless. Like a brand new car! The red 90 1le had some paint issues.

Originally Posted by chazman
Someone posted some closeups which looked like a repaint. I'll find them. Standby......
Originally Posted by scottmoyer
Nope!
Ok. We will continue to be monitor the replies.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:36 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1,052 Likes on 748 Posts

Ok. We will continue to be monitor the replies.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:00 AM

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Car: 1989 Trans Am
Engine: L03
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Printing every post on the thread
Old 01-22-2019, 11:22 AM
JT
Community Administrator

I understand your point. I was around when these cars were new and I also sold cars. Getting cars with paint defects happens more than you think. Having some guy with his mobile airbrush service come to fix factory paint defects is common. Especially on a third gen. You think the guy with his airbrush business cares if he didn't paint something correctly? Or the sales manager trying to move a unit? Let's just say for argument's sake this is what happened to this car. Does it make the claim false? I also know for a fact that a prominent member on this board had his rear spoiler painted on his car back in when he bought it. Is this car not considered original anymore? Would you buy a brand new car that has a paint defect? What does original really mean? At the end of the day, nobody is going to get on their hands and knees to crawl around to find the most minute detail on a car that is off. Can these imperfections be easily repaired? Of course. But using your definition the car is no longer original and the new owner got screwed. Who, I am going to guess really doesn't care. I know people like this and someone that can afford to buy a car that he is just going to look at is now going to have an interesting story to tell his friends about the next time they are golfing.

At the end of the day it does not matter.
At the end of the day it does not matter to you. And it will not matter to some. However, it does matter to me. And it would matter to some others. That is a matter of opinion and we should be able to respect that without the insults. However, it's gone way more beyond this.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JT
At the end of the day it does not matter to you. And it will not matter to some. However, it does matter to me. And it would matter to some others. That is a matter of opinion and we should be able to respect that without the insults. However, it's gone way more beyond this.
Everyone has an opinion and people won't see eye to eye all the time. The reason forums like this exist is so people can debate their opinion. Having a debate with someone doesn't mean that people can cast insults back and forth. I am intrigued at how this thread is escalated to this. I also don't understand how some people "stir the pot" and then get on their soapbox and preach their righteousness. There is only one person that should care about the car and its the guy that just forked over a butt load of cash and as far as I know, he hasn't made a comment.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:05 PM
Supreme Member

Received 223 Likes on 149 Posts
Car: 87 Trans Am
Engine: 5.0

Everyone has an opinion and people won't see eye to eye all the time. The reason forums like this exist is so people can debate their opinion. Having a debate with someone doesn't mean that people can cast insults back and forth. I am intrigued at how this thread is escalated to this. I also don't understand how some people "stir the pot" and then get on their soapbox and preach their righteousness. There is only one person that should care about the car and its the guy that just forked over a butt load of cash and as far as I know, he hasn't made a comment.
....sounds like your doing some pot stirring and preaching yourself here......
Old 01-22-2019, 01:31 PM
Supreme Member

As much as I despise Barrett Jackson for monopolizing Velocity (err... Motor Trend TV) programming, and the collector culture that hoards and speculates, driving the expense of the hobby higher and higher.... I really feel bad for the buyer of the car. I can only imagine the thrill of buying a car that you're excited about, and then having all this drama come rushing in like a storm cloud to rain on your parade. It's really too bad the seller had to clue the buyer into this thread. It really should have been something that was easily settled on the forum without all the name calling, threats, raiding the Facebook of the fellow who took the photos and doxxing him for sharing photos of something he saw. It's sad that things get ugly so quickly and it takes 11 pages to not reach any kind of resolution. But I suppose, it's the internet, and we're all too quick to taking it too seriously.

I hope that the car is everything it was advertised as being. While I'm as much of a stickler for authenticity and perfection as the next guy, it's really not all that big a deal that a car has been painted or touched up. Yeah it sucks, but clean up the overspray, detail the car, and enjoy it. Don't worry about the perceived negativity that this thread appears to represent. We all like thirdgens, that's why we're here. We like discussing and learning about the cars, and the interaction with other people that feel the same way. So to the new owner of the car, I hope you won't let this thread bother you. Join in the forum if you want, if you choose to document that the car is different than the Facebook photos, that would be great. If you need help correcting issues or want to learn more about the car, the forum is here to help.

Please understand that this thread really isn't an accurate reflection of the forum, and that no one meant anything by the criticisms of the photos. To me it read more as shock that the photos didn't match what we were lead to believe or expected to see, and of course the reaction to the seller's far fetched explanations.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Supreme Member

Received 546 Likes on 376 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z. Original owner
Engine: LB9. Dual Cats. Big Cam
Transmission: World Class T-5
Axle/Gears: BW 3.45

Originally Posted by Drew
As much as I despise Barrett Jackson for monopolizing Velocity (err... Motor Trend TV) programming, and the collector culture that hoards and speculates, driving the expense of the hobby higher and higher.... I really feel bad for the buyer of the car. I can only imagine the thrill of buying a car that you're excited about, and then having all this drama come rushing in like a storm cloud to rain on your parade. It's really too bad the seller had to clue the buyer into this thread. It really should have been something that was easily settled on the forum without all the name calling, threats, raiding the Facebook of the fellow who took the photos and doxxing him for sharing photos of something he saw. It's sad that things get ugly so quickly and it takes 11 pages to not reach any kind of resolution. But I suppose, it's the internet, and we're all too quick to taking it too seriously.

I hope that the car is everything it was advertised as being. While I'm as much of a stickler for authenticity and perfection as the next guy, it's really not all that big a deal that a car has been painted or touched up. Yeah it sucks, but clean up the overspray, detail the car, and enjoy it. Don't worry about the perceived negativity that this thread appears to represent. We all like thirdgens, that's why we're here. We like discussing and learning about the cars, and the interaction with other people that feel the same way. So to the new owner of the car, I hope you won't let this thread bother you. Join in the forum if you want, if you choose to document that the car is different than the Facebook photos, that would be great. If you need help correcting issues or want to learn more about the car, the forum is here to help.

Please understand that this thread really isn't an accurate reflection of the forum, and that no one meant anything by the criticisms of the photos. To me it read more as shock that the photos didn't match what we were lead to believe or expected to see, and of course the reaction to the seller's far fetched explanations.
Pretty good summary.

I also wish the new owner good luck. It's a beauty of a car and those issues in the pics could be cleaned up in short order.

Last edited by chazman; 01-22-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BizJetTech
....sounds like your doing some pot stirring and preaching yourself here......

I don't have a pot or a spoon. I am voicing my opinion based on what I have observed in this thread. I have not threatened, insulted or put anyone down. It has gotten out of hand.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:40 PM
Supreme Member

I don't have a pot or a spoon. I am voicing my opinion based on what I have observed in this thread. I have not threatened, insulted or put anyone down. It has gotten out of hand.
I've only noticed threats, insults and put downs by one person in this entire thread.......
Old 01-22-2019, 01:55 PM

Received 348 Likes on 275 Posts
Car: 1988 Iroc
Engine: L98 350
Axle/Gears: Hawks 8.8 - 3.73

I'm also going to jump on board with what Drew said.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BizJetTech
I've only noticed threats, insults and put downs by one person in this entire thread.......

I guess people react in different ways when their ego is bruised. Some people are passive aggressive, and others hurl insults, threats and put downs. Either way it is juvenile behavior.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Drew

Old 01-22-2019, 02:21 PM
Banned

This thread:

Post 490

Post 494

Old 01-22-2019, 02:34 PM
Supreme Member

Dude. Stop.

Two pictures, slightly different angles, both show a reflection in the molding. Why in God's green earth, would someone go to the trouble of faking a photo, uploading it to a private Facebook group, and hope that in an M. Night Shyamalan twist that it'll be posted publicly here, and somehow tarnish your reputation? Why?

Stop focusing on the Facebook photos. Try focusing on getting similar photos of your own of the same areas of the car from the same angles and show us that the Facebook photos make it look much worse than it really is? Even those that want to believe the car is as nice as you say it is, have to question that when the photos look so awful.

Prove it's what you say it is, or don't, most of us don't really care. Consider that maybe it's possible there's another explanation other than a huge conspiracy and doctored photos and the Facebook Iroc cabal trying to sully your reputation or the car's integrity. Maybe there's a legit reason it looks bad in those Facebook photos, but we don't know. All we have to go on is your photos from further away, the Facebook photos, and your word... Meanwhile you're accusing everyone of being in on the plan to destroy you. Why would we take the word of someone who is going out of their way to avoid addressing the issue?
Old 01-22-2019, 02:39 PM
Banned

Nope. The people watching just decided to remind in a nice way what has been posted here previously and since the mods have itchy ban button fingers I will say nothing else.

This thread:

Post 490

Post 494

have a wonderful day!
Old 01-22-2019, 02:43 PM
Supreme Member

Nope. The people watching just decided to remind in a nice way what has been posted here previously and since the mods have itchy ban button fingers I will say nothing else.

This thread:

Post 490

Post 494

have a wonderful day!
Once again.........

Old 01-22-2019, 02:44 PM

As always, Drew said it best in post 516 and post 524. I've been trying to say the same thing, but the words just aren't as well spoken. Thanks Drew.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:45 PM
Banned

Why thank you!
Old 01-22-2019, 02:46 PM

And he wonders why his reputation is tarnished. Not because of TGO, but because he can't stop going on about this,
Old 01-22-2019, 02:46 PM
Banned

No body wants to discuss post 490 and post 494.

Old 01-22-2019, 02:49 PM

What are we missing in 490 and 494? The white mark on the door that's actually a piece of the cotton towel used to detail the car? That's easily removed to prove it's not there now. What are we missing, Phil, since you won't let it go?
Old 01-22-2019, 02:53 PM
Banned

Oh ok Scott!

my bad sorry!
Old 01-22-2019, 02:58 PM
Supreme Member

No body wants to discuss post 490 and post 494.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:05 PM
Banned

I agree 100% with you on that!
Old 01-22-2019, 03:12 PM
Supreme Member

Received 721 Likes on 490 Posts
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 355 TBI
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt.Posi-3.73s

Old 01-22-2019, 03:46 PM

So, do you plan on telling us what's so important about those posts? You brought it up, do tell.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:11 PM
Banned

Nope. Don't have to.

Just enjoying another wonderful Day! How is your day going Scott?
Old 01-22-2019, 05:19 PM

My day is fine, Phil.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:13 PM
Supreme Member

Received 190 Likes on 128 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC Z Convertible
Engine: 305 TPI (LB9)
Transmission: 700 R4
Axle/Gears: G80 GU2

Old 01-23-2019, 08:13 AM
Supreme Member

Received 747 Likes on 506 Posts
Car: 1989-92 FORMULA350 305 92 Hawkclone
Engine: 4++,350 & 305 CIs
Transmission: 700R4 4800 vig 18th700R4 t56 ZF6 T5
Axle/Gears: 3.70 9"ford alum chunk,dana44,9bolt

Old 01-23-2019, 08:18 AM
Banned

And the behavior continues un checked by the moderator.

situational awareness would be good advice at this point.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:23 AM
Supreme Member

Old 01-23-2019, 08:27 AM
Banned

Nope. I don’t make threats. There are established conduct rules here.

the moderator well knows what they are.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:43 AM
Supreme Member

Old 01-23-2019, 08:50 AM
Banned

The Clint Eastwood eyes meme that ends with the cat might be more appropriate. Stewart is a comic, but the sense of humor amongst those impacted by this thread and it’s content is somewhat lacking at this point.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:13 AM
Supreme Member

The Clint Eastwood eyes meme that ends with the cat might be more appropriate. Stewart is a comic, but the sense of humor amongst those impacted by this thread and it’s content is somewhat lacking at this point.

Per your request Phil....

Old 01-23-2019, 10:00 AM
Supreme Member

Old 01-23-2019, 10:04 AM
Banned

This should be the point where the Moderator enters the discussion and states that there is nothing “productive” going on.

Nothing third gen related.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:10 AM
Supreme Member

Received 721 Likes on 490 Posts
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 355 TBI
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt.Posi-3.73s

Old 01-23-2019, 10:17 AM
Supreme Member

Just Monitor'ing the thread for anything new, don't mind me.

Quick Reply: 1989 IROC 344 original miles