Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1995 Formula; 1976 Trans Am
Engine: LT1; None
Transmission: T56; None
Firebird Dash Pads, Gray Interior Parts

I'm getting out of thirdgens, so all my spare parts must go. I have priced them competitively, and a lot of this stuff is big. I'm hoping people can pick it up. If I need to spend time carefully packaging this stuff, and buying wrapping supplies to keep it safe, I am going to charge for some of that time and money.

I have nearly an entire interior from a '92 TA (including a set of gray leather 4th gen Firebird seats in below-average condition.) Much of that stuff I do not have pics of...there are way too many pieces to photograph unless someone tells me they are interested in something specific.

For now, I have pics of these:

Two Firebird dash pads. Neither has any cracks that I could see. The one on the bottom feels more dry and I believe you can tell it is faded (or gray if they ever made them gray?). The top one I'd consider to be in very good condition. $60 for less nice one, $90 for very nice one.

Name:  100_1358.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  73.1 KB

Will add more pics/prices as I have time, or upon request by folks seriously looking to buy things. Please don't waste my time, and I'll do the same by being up-front and honest from the get-go.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:22 PM

Re: Firebird Dash Pads, Gray Interior Parts

I would be interested in the nicer one in the better condition. How much would you charge to ship to 25801 (Beckley, West Virginia)? Thanks
Old 07-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Supreme Member

Another member has asked me for a shipping quote, too...not sure if he'd want the nicer one or the other one.

I can't find boxes that are big enough. So, I'd be warpping the dash in bubble-wrap, wrapping that in cardboard, then wrapping that in shipping wrap. I sent one dash like this before with no problem. If it arrived broken, you'd have to file a UPS claim.

Let me know if that shipping strategy works for you and I will get a shipping cost, assuming the other guy does not want the nicer dash.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:49 PM

If you trust that it could arrive safely I would take your word for it. I would definitely take the shipping insurance. I am definitely interested if you don't mind letting me know what it would cost. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Supreme Member

Originally Posted by Eerlumni
If you trust that it could arrive safely I would take your word for it. I would definitely take the shipping insurance. I am definitely interested if you don't mind letting me know what it would cost. Thanks.
Just to be clear: I can't give you my word that the people at UPS won't do something to damage the pad...I mean heck, if they step on it then it's going to break even if it's bubble-wrapped. I can't protect it after it leaves, which is what the insurance would be for. I believe that UPS automatically insures all packages for $100 or something like that.

What I can say is that I shipped a massive dash for a '77 Grand Prix just about four months ago using this method. The buyer told me it arrived with no damage.

I have to go out to my barn tonight to work on a few projects. I'll measure and weigh the dash and get a shipping quote for you and the other guy interested in one of the pads. Not trying to move slowly here, but I have an 8-months-pregnant wife and a project list that is about as long as my arm to get done before my daughter is born. Been working since this morning, won't be done till well after midnight. But I'll get you that shipping quote.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Supreme Member

I would be interested in the nicer one in the better condition. How much would you charge to ship to 25801 (Beckley, West Virginia)? Thanks
Ok, to your zip code, shipping would be $30 via regular UPS Ground service.

There is one other member who contacted me first and who is deciding whether he wants the cheaper pad or the nicer one. If you remain interested in the nicer one, I can let you know the outcome of that deal as soon as I know it myself.

Thanks for your interest so far.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bull
Ok, to your zip code, shipping would be $30 via regular UPS Ground service.

There is one other member who contacted me first and who is deciding whether he wants the cheaper pad or the nicer one. If you remain interested in the nicer one, I can let you know the outcome of that deal as soon as I know it myself.

Thanks for your interest so far.
I will take the nicer on if its still available. Paypal?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Supreme Member

I will take the nicer on if its still available. Paypal?
PM sent
Old 08-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Supreme Member

Inexpensive dash still available.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Supreme Member

Really, folks, the $60 dash pad looks pretty darn good after a light cleaning and application of one coat of Meguiar's vinyl dressing.

Name:  100_1652.jpg
Size:  85.2 KB

Name:  100_1653.jpg
Size:  90.9 KB

Separation beginning down in the defrost vent. Once installed, how often are you going to be looking at this area?
Name:  100_1654.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  112.2 KB

Only could fine one crack, maybe 1 or 1.5" inches long. If you look hard enough here, you can see it. You're not going to look that hard when it is installed, either.
Name:  100_1655.jpg
Size:  57.1 KB