Mid-West Region Regional message board for WI, IL, IA, MI, MO, and MN to organize gatherings, meetings, and to help each other out.

Looking for someone with a 82-86 Firebird near Milwaukee, WI

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for someone with a 82-86 Firebird near Milwaukee, WI

Have not been here for a while. Had to register again. I'm looking for someone near Milwaukee that has a 82-86 Firebird. Someone that has a problem with their headlights not working right. not going up, not going down. Drains the battery etc. I have a free fix for that if you are willing to drive to my house. It will make your headlight motor lift system work like new again.

Rodney Dickman
Caledonia, WI
Old 06-30-2017, 07:45 PM

Car: 1991 Firebird Formula
Engine: 5.7L TBI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73
Re: Looking for someone with a 82-86 Firebird near Milwaukee, WI

Originally Posted by Mera
Have not been here for a while. Had to register again. I'm looking for someone near Milwaukee that has a 82-86 Firebird. Someone that has a problem with their headlights not working right. not going up, not going down. Drains the battery etc. I have a free fix for that if you are willing to drive to my house. It will make your headlight motor lift system work like new again.

Rodney Dickman
Caledonia, WI
I have a wonky headlight. It works a little. kinda goes up, down, up, halfwaydown, up, down, halfway up and stays until I adjust it.

Anything you can do for a 91?
Old 07-02-2017, 05:39 AM

Re: Looking for someone with a 82-86 Firebird near Milwaukee, WI

I did my fifth installation in a Fiero yesterday. I have the Fiero installation technique down to perfection now. Every time I installed a system in a Fiero I found ways to make the installation better.

I installed a system in a Firebird several weeks ago. I have the idea that the controller can be mounted near the drivers side in the engine compartment. If that is true the installation in the Firebirds would be fairly easy and very clean. I would need to do a few more Firebirds to get the installation where it should be in the Firebirds. Possibly with one or two more Firebirds I could get there. One thing I found is the early Firebirds used open air connectors and later Firebirds used weatherpak connectors. So only on the early Firebirds would you be replacing the connectors to the motors.

I have not had any offers from any local Firebird owners to come to my house to do this for N/C. Hopefully I can find a few more so I can get the installation down to perfection.

Rodney
rodneydickman.com